Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Does anybody know what the wolf priest in terminator armor shown in the SW codex actually is? A conversion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

Does anybody know what the wolf priest in terminator armor shown in the SW codex actually is? A conversion?

This dude?

Yeah, it's a conversion. I mean, look at it.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
It is indeed a conversion.

Megaspam
Mar 1, 2007

In this ever changing world in which we live in.

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

It's this chaplain. The cloak is from the Wolf Guard Terminator kit. The skull I think might be from the space wolves dreadnought kit.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
Source of bits aside, that model balls harder than all loving hell, I mean jesus christ.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Yeah, the skull is definitely from the SW Venerable Dread.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

ANAmal.net posted:

Source of bits aside, that model balls harder than all loving hell, I mean jesus christ.

I loving love that terminator model to hell and back.

Too bad I've never used him :smith:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The terminator chaplain model is easily one of the coolest things in the entire range. I own two. One unmodified metal model and one finecast one that's converted to have a crozius, Deathwing shoulder pads, and the Mace of Redemption. Though that's just the crozius from that limited edition Dark Angels chaplain. I, uh, really like chaplains. They capture a big part of the crazy essence of 40k and I'm glad Dark Angels at least get the good ones if nothing else.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Pretty much finished with my Spawn of Cryptus model. A few touchups, some grass, and we're good to start rending things! :unsmigghh:

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
That looks so badass.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
That's baller Pierre.

Also:

Look out Mr Chaplain :ohdear:

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

spacegoat posted:

Look out Mr Chaplain :ohdear:

It's okay, the genestealer is charging into cover and has no assault grenades :v:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
The new Blood Angels Terminators are up for pre order. Oddly, they have heads sculpted on to 4/5 of the torsos in the box. More importantly, the teleport homer has a tiny cup on it:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
There are half a dozen or so loose heads in there, and It would make an excellent kit to take parts from if you want to make two or three terminator squads. But that cup is daft.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Anyone hear any rumors for what's next as far as codex releases?

6th ed dexs:

Demons
CSM
DA
Tau
Eldar
C:SM
Nids
Knights

7th ed dexs:

Orks
Wolves
Grey Knights
Dark Eldar
Blood Angles

So we've got what? Necrons? Sisters :laffo:?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
It has to be Necrons. I suspect they held out till the end because the Necron codex is so goddamn balanced and weathered all the change so well.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

SRM posted:

The new Blood Angels Terminators are up for pre order. Oddly, they have heads sculpted on to 4/5 of the torsos in the box. More importantly, the teleport homer has a tiny cup on it:

Someone got real lazy with that sergeant. Either that or it's Claudio and he's been stuck in that pose for several years.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Sykic posted:

Someone got real lazy with that sergeant. Either that or it's Claudio and he's been stuck in that pose for several years.

Combat Hugs are an important part of the terminator skillset

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Just finished magnetizing all the jump packs and backpacks on five of my old Death Company that have been on sprues for two and a half years. This was only done in anticipation for the Deathstorm box I picked up today, just keeping the Blood Angels though.

Ohhhhhh yeah!

Them S5 cell phone pics so pro...

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
It'd be kind of lovely to do a 7th edition of one of the 6th edition codexes when Necron is still 5th. Rumours abound that it's going to be based around different Dynasties.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

CyberLord XP posted:

Anyone hear any rumors for what's next as far as codex releases?

6th ed dexs:

Demons
CSM
DA
Tau
Eldar
C:SM
Nids
Knights

7th ed dexs:

Orks
Wolves
Grey Knights
Dark Eldar
Blood Angles

So we've got what? Necrons? Sisters :laffo:?

sisters got a 7th ed codex... it's digital only and it's underwhelming but it exists

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
at least that box will have enough weapons for at least 5x lightning claw marines and 5x th/ss terminators, although it may just be the regular terminator box that doesn't give you enough bitz

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

at least that box will have enough weapons for at least 5x lightning claw marines and 5x th/ss terminators, although it may just be the regular terminator box that doesn't give you enough bitz
The regular Assault Terminator box set has 5 of each, and the tactical termie box set has all that squad's options too. There aren't many bits for customization, but all the options are there.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
You're right, I'm thinking of the CSM Terminator box. Good luck getting five power fists there. :smith:

edit: also, combi-weapons.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Better luck still getting lightning claws :smith: The set in the Terminator lord kit are so cool, but be prepared to spend $10+ per pair on bits sites.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Are any UK goons going to Battle for Grace II at Wayland tomorrow? I am taking my Blood Angels for some old codex last hurrah. I have Death Company Tycho, six dreadnoughts (pods are for cissies) and a land raider which, unless it looks like I might win, I will be deep striking. It will likely be deep struck every game...

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

SRM posted:

Better luck still getting lightning claws :smith: The set in the Terminator lord kit are so cool, but be prepared to spend $10+ per pair on bits sites.

The terminator lord lightning claws are so loving rad I don't know why they don't make all lightning claws look like that. Really the terminator lord is the coolest kit. So many little bits and junk and the best looking chainfist.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Hollismason posted:

It'd be kind of lovely to do a 7th edition of one of the 6th edition codexes when Necron is still 5th. Rumours abound that it's going to be based around different Dynasties.

I seriously doubt the Dynasties rumor. It goes against all the recent codex trends. Expect a tweaked version of their late 5E codex with a single dynasty based expansion.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

PeterWeller posted:

I seriously doubt the Dynasties rumor. It goes against all the recent codex trends. Expect a tweaked version of their late 5E codex with a single dynasty based expansion.

"IMMORTALS WERE NEVER SUPPOSED TO BE TROOPS!" -Future Sperg

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

PeterWeller posted:

The dynasties could just be a fairly simple chapter tactics sort of thing. Hopefully they make flayed ones not poo poo.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
More likely they'll become DLC, like the treatment Eldar got.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Just got my Neurothrope painted up. I love the model, but the poor guy in four games hasn't leeched a single spirit. (played against Eldar twice, Grey Knights and Demons)

With the insane psychic defense that I've been going against it really makes me wish that Shadow in the Warp did something useful.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

PeterWeller posted:

Well one dynasty is gonna be involved in the 2nd half of the Shield
Of Baal campaign so maybe they will be a thing after all.

quote:

Describing the final acts of war in the Cryptus system the Shield of Baal series reaches its epic conclusion with the release of Shield of Baal: Exterminatus. Led by Chapter Master Dante, the forces of the Blood Angels stand against the assault of Hive Fleet Leviathan. Allied with the Adepta Sororitas, Astra Militarum, Flesh Tearers Space Marines and Necrons (yes, the Necrons!), the Blood Angels put their lives on the line in this earth-shattering finale.

Contained within a slipcase are two full colour, hardback books: the Shield of Baal: Exterminatus campaign book, and the accompanying rules.

The 152-page campaign book includes:
- the story of the final acts of war in the Cryptus System featuring the combined forces of the Blood Angels, Adepta Sororitas, Astra Militarum, and the Flesh Tearers versus the Tyranids of Hive Fleet Leviathan
- an explanation of how the Necrons of Cryptus awoke to lend their aid to the beleaguered world along with the fleet of Anrakyr the Traveller
- example armies that took part in the climax of the campaign
- background of the heroes and famous regiments of the campaign
- stunning new artwork that brings the background to life and illustrates the regions of space around Cryptus

The 64-page rulebook includes:
- 8 new missions based on the events of the narrative book.
- 18 new datasheets for the Blood Angels 1st and 2nd Companies, Flesh Tearers, and the Necrons of the Mephrit Dynasty. That’s the equivalent of four Codex Supplements in one book!
- new warlord traits, relics and force organisation charts for all four armies

This product is available only while stocks last and in the English language only.

Pre-Order already sold out lol.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Tequila Ranger posted:

Well one dynasty is gonna be involved in the 2nd half of the Shield
Of Baal campaign so maybe they will be a thing after all.

Pre-Order already sold out lol.

yeah i can get the preorder from the GW store just fine? anyway they've just done a soft cover release of the leviathan book :)

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

Tequila Ranger posted:

New warlord traits, formations, etc for all four armies.

So that's BA, AM, Necrons, and.... Sisters? Not Flesh Tearers, right?

Hope is the first step, etc.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

"IMMORTALS WERE NEVER SUPPOSED TO BE TROOPS!" -Future Sperg

Haha. I don't think they're gonna roll that back, but neither do I think they'll add a bunch of options or customization.

Watch them make crypteks roll to see what kinda stuff they get.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
If they actually release a Cryptek kit I might go so far as to break out the shiny new VGA paints and make an army. Or at least think about it and then get as far as clipping out a Warrior head and give up.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
I just started a crimson fist army... GODDAMNIT GAMES WORKSHOP.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

DJ Dizzy posted:

I just started a crimson fist army... GODDAMNIT GAMES WORKSHOP.

:confused:

The Space Marines codex is still pretty competitive and has all the new model range. What are you having a problem with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

PierreTheMime posted:

:confused:

The Space Marines codex is still pretty competitive and has all the new model range. What are you having a problem with?

The new blood angels :negative:

• Locked thread