Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Aesis posted:

Anyone wanna trade their Sancti Castanas for my Synoid Gammacor?

e: nvm finally traded it.

I hope that wasn't your only Gammacor, it's so OP everyone should have one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

david... posted:

I hope that wasn't your only Gammacor, it's so OP everyone should have one.
That was my third Gammacor. Gave a friend one in exchange for Rakta Ballistica and Tetra mod set, and traded second Telos Akbolto for Vaykor Marelok. tbh with medallions Syndicate mods/weapons price are crashing.

e: Currently weapons are around 100~150p, and I'm expecting it will crash further as more people jump into Syndicate farming. Nobody wants to trade Syndicate stuff any more and almost everyone wants to sell for plat. It took me couple of hours until I finally found someone willing to trade.

Aesis fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Dec 12, 2014

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

I might have missed it but I didn't see it written on the wiki, if you're downed and the Telos Akbolto's proc it actually straight up revives you.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

So basically earn 1045 ducks and 425,000 creds sharpish

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Hopefully there'll be some kind of rotation and it won't be one-off because 1000d is a hell of a lot of Prime parts at such short notice.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

david... posted:

I might have missed it but I didn't see it written on the wiki, if you're downed and the Telos Akbolto's proc it actually straight up revives you.

It's the same for the New Loka's Furis augment.

Also, to whoever was talking about the Detron, it does not in fact have damage fall off at all.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Dec 12, 2014

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
So I guess they "fixed" the missing Patient Zero quest by adding an item to the market that you have to build?

OpinionCushion
May 6, 2002
It doesn't look like an ice sculpture.... OR DOES IT??
If you aren't at the stage where you build stuff purely for mastery fodder, don't build a Kohm. Build any other weapon that uses cyrotic, argon, or oxium first. It's fun to shoot but saying it's ultra ammo inefficent is putting it very, very kindly. It's almost certainly going to get tweaks/buffs but who knows how long before they get around to it.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

They were pretty quick about buffing the Gammacor, so if it's that horribly underpowered we may not actually have to wait long.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So what is the trigger for the last part of the Kubrow quest? It's an adult now and the wiki says i need to go to Earth and do a defense mission but it's not working (it says that the defense objective should be the Kubrow itself but it's still the warfream crypod)

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

There's actually a specific mission (should be Lith, on Earth), not just any old defense mission.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Pierson posted:

Hopefully there'll be some kind of rotation and it won't be one-off because 1000d is a hell of a lot of Prime parts at such short notice.

The VT stays for 48 hours, then fucks off for 2 weeks. I assume the inventory rotates, since there's other primed mods.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Helter Skelter posted:

There's actually a specific mission (should be Lith, on Earth), not just any old defense mission.

Yeah it mentions Lith and i did that one but it still didn't do anything.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
PSA: Get Mag's new mod.

With a max shield drain Shield Polarize build, the dome it creates will tank the damage from a squad of lvl 35 Corpus for several seconds. Against Zanuka it lasted throughout the entire fight while my kubrow solo'd it. Then I went out and stood in front of half a dozen lowbie Corpus without refreshing the dome and stood there for easily another 10 seconds until it broke. It doesn't block knockdowns and knockbacks, but it blocks bleed damage and the shield drain effect from the shield leeches. I'm not sure if it can block stuff like an Ancient's drain yet, but I'd imagine not.

The dome follows you around and doesn't expire on a timer. It's difficult to tell if refreshing it with Shield Polarize adds more health to the current amount or if it just replaces the dome. Either way, it's basically invulnerability against ranged. Things that manage to get inside the dome to melee you can actually hurt you though.

Using Shield Polarize without anything to drain around will still generate the dome, but its base health is pretty small. Probably in the neighborhood of 200 or so.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I was going to get my E I E I O on, get a ton of credits, probably go for extra prime parts, etc.
Instead I spent hours dicking around in the hubs.
Why would I do that?

Well, there are things to look at in the hubs:

Steel Meridian members who have rejected Vay Hek's "down with plants" rhetoric.

Darvo's Wet Floor sign.

Darvo himself.

Surprising Shrubberies!

Surely, these things that DE has prepared for us to look at are not worth hours and hours of looking?
Indeed. Thus, I was looking at things that DE did not intend for us to look at.

This sort of sneaking around involves going through culling planes, producing occasionally alarming effects

Such as ambulatory Iron Skins

And True Invisibility.

Now, you may have noticed something going on there.
And you have a question about it: Why in the bloody hell does that Loki have Iron Skin?
I assure you, that is the wrong question.

What you should be asking is: Why doesn't EVERY frame have Iron Skin?

Sadly, I am missing a couple of Primes to do this to.

Also, Iron-swapping between Rhinos can produce some... residual material.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Well the trader is here, whenever I try to talk to him I get nothing and can't exit out of his non-existent menu till I crash out of the game. Well played DE.

Edit: Also I did a bunch of infested invasion missions last night and haven't received any rewards for them even though they are all finished. I need that Alad V marker DE! Gotta add to my Mesa chassi and systems collection!

Cainer fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 12, 2014

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Void trader is broken! 10/10!

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
The kiosks that tell you where he is are lying! Every kiosk reports its own location, but he's on Venus. Not that that matters much, because

Cainer posted:

Well the trader is here, whenever I try to talk to him I get nothing and can't exit out of his non-existent menu and have to crash the game. Well played.

Hurrah!

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Gotta wait for today's hotfix! :v:

So it's not only Iron Skin that persists:

Passburger
May 4, 2013
edit

Passburger fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 21, 2016

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
Okay but what are Primed Continuity and Primed Ravage?

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?
Just tested: You can't equip Primed Continuity and Continuity at the same time.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
So what I'm reading is that even if the trader was working, he's kind of pointless at the moment.

Passburger
May 4, 2013

kafziel posted:

Okay but what are Primed Continuity and Primed Ravage?

Primed Continuity is +55% power duration
Primed Ravage is +110% crit damage

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Passburger posted:

Primed Continuity is +55% power duration
Primed Ravage is +110% crit damage

Note that Primed Continuity requires 528 r5 cores to max, and 1.6mil credits. It's really not worth it.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
They're also 10rank "legendaries" and it takes 528 r5 cores and 1.66 million credits to max them.

edit: ^^ drat you. Christ, look at that loving shotgun crit damage mod. Look at it. There are no crit shotguns any more! Why was that on the list of poo poo they put in the tables?

Cainer
May 8, 2008
And its a 10 point mod so get ready to dump some credits and cores to make it worth it. At the moment I'm too drat poor, stupid syndicates cleaned me out. Gonna have to farm later so I can pick up the new detron.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Also the Mara Detron is exactly the same as the normal Detron except for a larger magazine and higher fire rate.

At least the sound it makes when it fires is kinda neat.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Is anyone else getting weird black flickers every few seconds? The game is basically unplayable for me right now

Doctor Shapes
Mar 17, 2009

Ask and ye shall receive.
I'd love the detron if it could shoot at point blank. It seems like the bullets come out a foot or so in front of the gun.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Hotfix 15.6.2 posted:

Changes:

Only one color can be researched at a time in the Dojo."

Oh no, guys. :ohdear:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Male Man posted:

Oh no, guys. :ohdear:
You better farm the gently caress out of those invasions. :colbert:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Mara Detron has 27.27% higher burst dps than Detron due to 27.27% faster RoF but that's it.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Denzine posted:

They're also 10rank "legendaries" and it takes 528 r5 cores and 1.66 million credits to max them.

edit: ^^ drat you. Christ, look at that loving shotgun crit damage mod. Look at it. There are no crit shotguns any more! Why was that on the list of poo poo they put in the tables?

For Continuity, at the very least its only about 250k to get it to give a bigger buff than regular continuity, so its a start!

Now time to farm up another 2 million credits.

Also seriously, Shotgun Crit damage mod? The highest crit chance on any shotgun is 15% (Boar Prime and Strun Wraith)... maybe they're going to release an amazing shotgun with 50% base crit? >.>

Panzerkin3D
Dec 13, 2011

The mountains have always been here, and in them, the bears.
They are adding prime blueprints as something that can be turned in for Ducats in an upcoming hotfix. Hurrah for more ducats!

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Brainbread posted:

For Continuity, at the very least its only about 250k to get it to give a bigger buff than regular continuity, so its a start!

Now time to farm up another 2 million credits.

Also seriously, Shotgun Crit damage mod? The highest crit chance on any shotgun is 15% (Boar Prime and Strun Wraith)... maybe they're going to release an amazing shotgun with 50% base crit? >.>

They come at 0? From the picture it looks like they're fully leveled when you buy them.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Right now you can get the prime trader's stuff off of other players in the trading channel for less than 1p/10 ducats, which might be a more efficient use of your resources. Just be warned that each item has a million credit trade tax.

edit:

kafziel posted:

They come at 0? From the picture it looks like they're fully leveled when you buy them.

Yeah, rank 0. There's a warning to that effect in the trader's interface that pops up when you have them selected. I bought prime continuity and the fancy detron because I'm awful.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

kafziel posted:

At 0, but there is a warning box before you buy.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
So, these rep medallions you're meant to find in syndicate missions - are they a rare drop from enemies, do you have to find them in a crate, pray to the Blood God or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Serpentis posted:

So, these rep medallions you're meant to find in syndicate missions - are they a rare drop from enemies, do you have to find them in a crate, pray to the Blood God or what?

I think you just get them as a reward?