Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kihota
Aug 7, 2014
This seems a tad bit over engineered
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hevans/pantelligent-intelligent-pan-cook-everything-perfe?ref=category

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

dude lives in mountain view

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

as a bitch idiot who can't even cook eggs without burning them, i need that pan

lol @ though

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

How can you be so bad at cooking that you think this is a good idea?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Pantelligent is proud to be backed by Y Combinator and some fantastic angel investors and mentors.

well then what the gently caress do you need a kickstarter for .

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it's two hundred dollars, and

How durable is the non-stick finish?

On average, the non-stick finish lasts 3-5 years, depending on the amount of usage. Pantelligent helps you avoid extremely high temperatures which usually damage coatings on normal (non-smart) pans.

jfc

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

As a Millennial I posted:

Pantelligent is proud to be backed by Y Combinator and some fantastic angel investors and mentors.

well then what the gently caress do you need a kickstarter for .

yeah and even given that, his video still sucks rear end and wont generate a lot of HYPE

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

vodkat posted:

How can you be so bad at cooking that you think this is a good idea?

for using a skillet? quite easily. especially if you have an electric range and don't know the temperatures of different oils or to look for the leidenfrost effect ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leidenfrost_effect )

however for this... just use an ir thermometer ffs

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

and if you must spend a ton of money: http://www.thermoworks.com/products/thermapen/splashproof_thermapen_pro_surface.html

Kihota
Aug 7, 2014
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/224386777/syncstop-prevent-data-theft-and-malware-on-mobile?ref=category
However useful this thing might be in actuality, this pales to the fact that the working title was the usb condom.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

doesn't that prevent negotiation of higher power delivery?

though i guess nobody follows that part of the usb standard. well, apple

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Kihota posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/224386777/syncstop-prevent-data-theft-and-malware-on-mobile?ref=category
However useful this thing might be in actuality, this pales to the fact that the working title was the usb condom.

lol at their lovely rendering and compositing

Kihota
Aug 7, 2014

hobbesmaster posted:

Perhaps, though you are correct that not many devices actually use that beyond Apple and PoS devices.

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

Kihota posted:

haha $20 to get in on this. if you have a microusb cable lying about you can make essentially this for free in under five minutes i think

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Kihota posted:

i like how its a big chunk of poo poo for what could be done entirely in the cable.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Glad to see the 2nd Annual Punchable Face Contest with some strong finalists!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

NEEERRRRRDDDSS

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Suspicious Dish posted:

Glad to see the 2nd Annual Punchable Face Contest with some strong finalists!

Kihota
Aug 7, 2014
Why.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/704054850/ear-o-smart?ref=category

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

We started by understanding the PPG technology in the devices used by physicians. The enabler for scaling down the whole system is the introduction of smaller ICs like AFE4400 by Texas Instruments, which have almost everything on-board, including signal filtering circuits. However, since the IC is so small, it is not possible to use the normal breadboard to hook up the IC for programming. Fortunately, SchmartBoard came to the rescue as they provide boards that make it easier to solder SMT components.

ok when your devlog starts out with figuring out how to use an smt chip it does not inspire confidence in anybody who knows what these loving words mean

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
thank god i can quantify everything in my worthless life. hell y*eah

Kihota
Aug 7, 2014
It just keeps going. (2nd video is gold by the way.)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/the6thfinger/6thfinger-keep-games-or-apps-active-without-human?ref=category

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://wfunder.com/project/185
Areal is back in STALKER Apocalypse form

quote:

We have registered a trademark for Stalker Apocalypse, and have every right to use it as our title. Stalker by itself is a common word, and anyone can use it.

yes, this is definitely legal

also wfunder.com seems to have been setup by the areal team and all their stuff is stickied with infinite countdowns so probably this entire site is like a kickstarter of fraud

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

oh good its one of those drinking birds but for touchscreen

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

hobbesmaster posted:

Yes, but I think there is a usage with USB ports in cars that have data lines to feebly hook up with the car stereo. If you had a USB condom you could charge your phone, use the phone speaker and not have to use the drat awful car integration.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

horn cup mug goat people need like winter layers pixie cut girl to promote it not reddity mcgoateescruff

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

quote:

Certain places within zones can become more dangerous than they seem at first. That's why within zones, even seemingly short distances might not be straightforward and can present many unexpected circumstances. To discover an Anomaly, you must look for obvious abnormalities and increased danger. Anomalies are all different and do different things to the environment. They can be very destructive or relatively passive, and much about them is a mystery.

An easy way to locate anomalies is to use certain metal alloy bolts to detect them. If you throw these bolts into the air and they do not fall back down, then you have more than likely entered into an anomalous zone, and should be on alert.

Anomalies do not exclusively cause destruction, though they are very capable of doing so. Quite often, they displace environmental features and even people. If you are in an anomalous zone, you could be instantly teleported into another location.

Anomalies are not permanent, and change locations very frequently. Their characteristics are never exactly the same, and you can never be safe from potential anomalies.
yeah that sounds really really fun, have all of my money :homebrew:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

hmmm yes let me use this filthy disgusting stovetop for my demo video

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

yeah that sounds really really fun, have all of my money :homebrew:

have you had any exposure to roadside picnic? because throwing bolts to find you're way through dangerous stuff is pretty standard in anything inspired by it

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I want to write an effort post on how poo poo that earring is but I'm on mobile so just take my word for it: it's poo poo

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

keyboard vomit posted:

have you had any exposure to roadside picnic? because throwing bolts to find you're way through dangerous stuff is pretty standard in anything inspired by it
the bolts are a good thing that very slightly mitigates the idiocy of the "anomalies"

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

the bolts are a good thing that very slightly mitigates the idiocy of the "anomalies"

anomolies are kind of a major thing in stalker and roadside picnic though?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
iirc the anomolies in roadside picnic didn't move around

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

keyboard vomit posted:

anomolies are kind of a major thing in stalker and roadside picnic though?
they way that they're used here, in the context of this computer game, just seems like a convenient excuse for the developers to dick around with the player

that said i've never played a s.t.a.l.k.e.r. before, did the "real" ones do it too and make it work? maybe this works in practice better than i'm imagining, in which case i'd be happy to be wrong

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
YOSPOS › defend the most worthless kickstarters and greatest investor rewards you got

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Sham bam bamina! posted:

they way that they're used here, in the context of this computer game, just seems like a convenient excuse for the developers to dick around with the player

that said i've never played a s.t.a.l.k.e.r. before, did the "real" ones do it too and make it work? maybe this works in practice better than i'm imagining, in which case i'd be happy to be wrong

the anomolies in s.t.a.l.k.e.r. are fixed areas with dangerous stuff that can be avoided or mitigated by being careful

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

that said i've never played a s.t.a.l.k.e.r. before, did the "real" ones do it too

yes

Sham bam bamina! posted:

and make it work?

not really

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

they aren't really to dick around with the player, they're more ways to punish you for not paying attention, or block off routes in a kind of natural way

it's usually a floating ball of distorted light that if you walk into you take a bit of damage and maybe get knocked about. a lot of times there's a bunch of them in an area and throwing bolts is how you find a safe route

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

also lol at anyone that types out stalker with all the periods

• Locked thread