Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sanguinia posted:

Does anyone know any good tricks or tactics for getting managers over in TEW? I mean, if you use someone who can wrestle as a manager or somebody who starts the game over like Bobby Heenan or Paul Heyman or something it's fine, but my attempts to build manager popularity from scratch all fail. Cutting promos doesn't seem to work no matter how good at talking they are, being featured characters in storylines doesn't seem to work, interfering in matches doesn't seem to work, being around for segments or matches that get high ratings because the guys they're managing are over doesn't seem to work. What am I missing?

It's important to remember that overness doesn't increase in angles that last less than six minutes (I think). So if you've been featuring the manager in short segments then that might be part of the problem. Otherwise, yeah, it's going to be harder to do than getting a wrestler over but it's not impossible. It helps greatly if the manager has chemistry with his or her client. I've seen managers get over totally accidently just because they had great chemistry with a worker I was using a lot so every match they'd gain overness without me noticing.

Sanguinia posted:

Another TEW question: if there any benefit to having a lot of road agents? I know having two referees is smart because if one gets in a car crash or something you can get really screwed over by not having someone who can do the job, but I don't know if having several road agents has any similar upsides, or if that answer changes based on the size of your fed for that matter.
There will be a minimum you need to keep your locker room from having trouble, so yeah, as your company grows you'll need more. The more positive backstage influences you add the calmer things will be and you'll receive help you never see in stable locker room morale and a lack of negative incidents. And as DB said it's nice to have a few with different styles or areas of expertise just in case you want to cater to something. There will be a point where you have too many, though. It won't have a negative impact directly but unless you're carefully monitoring their usage they might get unhappy not getting used (I've actually been in a situation where I had too many refs or agents and after a few weeks one got angry because somehow he was never being chosen for a match and I wasn't paying attention).

I tend to try and give all my road agents a second job in my narrative that I'll use them for sporadically. One guy is an authority figure who will show up every few weeks to set up matches. One guy is "head of security" who will make appearances when there's a big backstage brawl or whatever. In my TNA game Al Snow is "head of talent development" so every month or so he'll appear on TV for Gut Check. If I give them all a second purpose then I feel more comfortable paying them and I don't have to worry about usage.

Of course this based on written contracts, it's probably best to stick to the minimum number of agents if you're still on pay deals and struggling with money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

So, Wrestlemania The Arcade Game 2015?

if its like Netherrealm Studios other mobile game it will be bunch of QTE's while you watch wrestlers fight

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

oatgan posted:

if its like Netherrealm Studios other mobile game it will be bunch of QTE's while you watch wrestlers fight

Pretty much, it won't be WWE MK.

Which we all have established would be much better.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

Hoss Corncave posted:

Yeah, that was always a cracker. We always looked at our allies/enemies list and whoever was top of it we were completely merciless towards. The amount of times Kevin Nash got a box or crate on his head (I think he got the anvil a few times too) and then beat up in the locker room all in the space of just one night was ludicrous. Ludicrous, but brilliant fun.

A typical Raw would be:

Segment 1 - Set trap for Nash
Segment 2 - Attack Nash
Segment 3 - Send someone to attack Nash (usually Chavo Guerrero for some reason)
Segment 4 - Rest
Segment 5 - Interfere in friend's match
Segment 6 - Attack Nash
Segment 7 - Interfere in Nash's match
Segment 8 - Set trap for Nash
Segment 9 - Rest
Segment 10 - Title match

Also, the way you got title matches was dumb. You just had to call out the champion and if they came out, you'd get a title match the next show. I called out the Undertaker once, he came out and gave me a title shot. All he had to do was win that night. Unfortunately for me however, he didn't, and that's how Matt Hardy became the Undisputed champion.

You're forgetting the bit where in your match, you have 3 minutes until Nash interferes in your match by attacking your opponent. Followed by your 2nd enemy a minute later who will also attack your opponent. I think even a 3rd dude would interfere at the 5 minute mark attacking your opponent. There was definitely always interference right on the 3 minute mark though.

I also have vague memories of big show watching in the distance in those date scenes you could do with the divas.

Also somehow you'd end up holding all the belts, and would end up in like 5 matches on the ppv (both world titles, both sets of tag titles and a mid card belt).

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Skunkrocker posted:

not on a phone it wouldn't

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

All MMOs and phone games are horrible, essentially.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

All MMOs and phone gamers are horrible, essentially.

there.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

All MMOs and phone games are horrible, essentially.

Also, all video games.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Snacksmaniac posted:

Also, all video games.

Please don't insult art like that.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Video games will be an art when 2K releases a PC version of 2K15.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Skunkrocker posted:

"To my biggest fan

-- The Miz"

FRIENDSHIP?!

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
the randomly-chosen and seemingly arbitrary unlockable legend this time around is Ox Baker

FATALITY

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
What's the best way to play as NXT in TEW? Is there a scenario that has it set up? Generally they have WWE as the parent company so you can't take control of NXT.

I could just go in and edit that relationship, but I'm curious what other people have done

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think you have to go in and change all the developmental contracts to written or pay deals too. At that size you'd probably have to do pay deals or you'd got bankrupt. Then you'd just have to run it like any other small indy with the luxury of a TV show. I imagine you'd have the talent to maintain your size and all and even grow quick, as long as you didn't get raided early. A few "non-compete" deals might help.

Or you could set up a Working Agreement with WWE if you wanted to somehow keep that idea alive. Get anyone like Triple H you wanted signed to a pay deal but you'd have to go and make their WWE contracts open too. Or a WWE Alliance.

One of my biggest hopes for the next generation of the game is that Ryland finds a way to allow you to play as a child promotion. Not only so you could go and play NXT and get an interesting challenge of being at the whims of your parent promotion's roster moves but also so if you're a massive controlling nerd like me you could play a two player game so you could have real control of your developmental company.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Also your NXT guys will be doing garbage ratings so prepare to suffer from guys like Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn getting F matches all the time

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

WWE Supercard is bad and I feel kind of bad for the amount of time I invested in the game.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

KungFu Grip posted:

Also your NXT guys will be doing garbage ratings so prepare to suffer from guys like Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn getting F matches all the time

I feel like the NXT roster as is should put you at about the same level as ROH popularity wise, or maybe a little below. No? Zayn, Neville, Steen, Devitt, Kenta. Throw in some guys like Kidd and Gabriel on Open Contracts. Obviously you're not going to be getting As but you should be able to maintain.

Although I guess if NXT's popularity is set low you'll have trouble. But if you're a decent Booker I imagine that should grow quickly with a TV show. You'd just be any other Regional fed, I'd think.

I mean, I can consistently hit Bs with TNA as a cult and a roster that doesn't start much higher than "Recognizable". I never really play much below that but should you really be expecting Fs with some real talent that should be Recognizable at least?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
At least in my save where i split NXT and WWE it is set that NXT isn't popular at all, only travels florida(obviously) and all the roster has low stats on purpose so you dont get bombarded with call ups in WWE right away.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I LOVE TEW but I find the AI to be crap, the rate of change worse (Stardust still teaming in 2019) and the move me to main roster developmental emails excessively annoying.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

I LOVE TEW but I find the AI to be crap, the rate of change worse (Stardust still teaming in 2019) and the move me to main roster developmental emails excessively annoying.

I wish there would be a way to turn off all the developmental deal emails or make it more specific when its time to call a dude up because at least EWR was more obvious about it and it wasn't the wrestler themselves complaining

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

rovert posted:

All these sound true to life.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

KungFu Grip posted:

At least in my save where i split NXT and WWE it is set that NXT isn't popular at all, only travels florida(obviously) and all the roster has low stats on purpose so you dont get bombarded with call ups in WWE right away.

Ahh, I see. Well I guess if you want to play NXT alone you gotta look for a mod that isn't tweaking stats like that to try and adjust to the AI's issues. If you're looking to run NXT on its own then you're gonna want the real stats for people like Steen and Devitt without being ripped off. I generally go off Cpt Charisma's or TheWho's and I like what they mostly do.

I never get too annoyed by the developmental emails. I just tend to shuffle them aside, try to adjust his training to see if I can delay his revolt, and then give the guy a bonus when he gets called up or sign his girlfriend or best friend to a bit job. But I can see how it would be annoying as WWE when you already have a massive roster and there's a dozen talents ready in NXT.

Basically one of the main reasons I never play as WWE. Start the game with hundreds of contracts and 7 hours of TV a week? No thanks.

And yeah, there's just no hope trying to tweak the AI to be realistic. More than anything it's the biggest flaw of the game. You just have to play your company and sit back and laugh at the weirdness of the rest of the wrestling world. It's charming if you let it go.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I don't really get the point of trying to run NXT and get people over on it like they're going to stay there, it's literally a farm league.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I don't really get the point of trying to run NXT and get people over on it like they're going to stay there, it's literally a farm league.

Because one hour a week with a small roster is way easier than bringing the people you want off the NXT roster to WWE, which is at least 6 hours a week.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

So in TEW, what stats determine the quality of a road agent?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

If the game was built for it, I would actually enjoy playing a feeder league. It would give the game a sense of progression, basically you want to book guys to get more talented & over, then they graduate and you build more guys up from below.

I mean basically the same thing you'd do in a proper game dealing with retirement and stuff, just much faster paced.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Dreamsicle posted:

IIRC, match quality is affected by psychology and their efficacy in backstage peacekeeping is affected by respect.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Dreamsicle posted:

Psychology, Respect. Respect isn't as important but it's nice to have your road agent be a locker room leader so that he can bring up morale. However a good road agent should have at least 75 psychology.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'd get a kick out of it just for the challenge of having to constantly rebuild my roster, constantly build new stars, work with guys I didn't necessarily want because my parent company signed them, and deal with it when my parent company is a dick and pulls a key person at a key time. Just a challenge and something different.

Playing the same game over and over can get boring. Part of what I like about TEW is you can spend six months playing the same game as WWE or building TNA or ROH to the top and then you can quit and do something totally random like a mod set in 1985 or some kind of original thing like building a new company on a random idea. Just some new twist on the same game.

Also, when I do a huge expansive game I'd just like to be able to control my developmental company as the parent company. Determine who gets pushes, who gets TV time and built up, who works in a tag team and builds experience, see what gimmicks work, see what wrestler a manager works best with, etc. Running a second player running the dev would be a nice end around on that.

Dreamsicle posted:

Psychology and Respect, I believe. I also try and get people with solid skills in certain areas to agent certain divisions. Speed stats for X Division, brawling stats for hardcore stuff. Entertainment skills if I want someone down in developmental to help with my guys learn to talk. To be honest, I have no idea if it matters but it's an old habit that I feel adds to the realism for me.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

STAC Goat posted:

Also, when I do a huge expansive game I'd just like to be able to control my developmental company as the parent company. Determine who gets pushes, who gets TV time and built up, who works in a tag team and builds experience, see what gimmicks work, see what wrestler a manager works best with, etc. Running a second player running the dev would be a nice end around on that.

Yeah it's a bit annoying when your developmental fed goes out on it's own and starts hiring people. Especially when they hire a rookie who becomes loyal to them and then won't sign with you haha

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It's a tiny torment when I make a deal with a company to be my developmental company, sign dozens of developmental contracts, and six months later they're still pushing the same half dozen guys who aren't on developmental contracts. I'm pretty sure the AI is just messing with me because it knows I can't do anything without being vindictive and going to the editor.

What I'd like to be able to do is start a developmental company, put a Booker and staff in place, load them with young talent to build, and say "I'm flush with cash so don't worry about making money, you're in my budget." But the game doesn't work that way and ultimately they go and sign some people I didn't want to boost up their cards and keep my guys on the bench.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 13, 2014

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Generally the way it's been with my developmental feds is more or less how it's been with NXT - the guys you send down to train often feature heavily on the cards and they go over, because they're draws (at the very least, they'll be consistently used in backstage angles - NXT's AI has a Triple H / Ric Flair segment on every drat show). But at least initially? The most promising developmental guys get pushes. I've got an all-legacy / nepotism developmental fed and Taker's son has their world title, despite Raven and Abyss and Low Ki down there for training purposes (pushing from my mind the many hells I've likely subjected my rookies to) and no shortage of TNA refugees and rejects to fill out the card. At the very least, midcard and tag titles have always been held by rookies.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Latest Supercard PCC is going to be Luke Harper vs. Ziggler, which is probably the most promotion that match is going to get.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I prefer the 80s mods in TEW. The mod makers don't tend to put a ton of TV jobbers in those mods though so I created some of the more notable ones. I did give them random potential, and Riki Ataki must have gotten a fantastic potential because he was in a mid-90s rated match with Ricky Steamboat. This was back in TEW 10.

I haven't downloaded the '85 mod for TEW 13 yet. How is it?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I've had a streak of luck in Supercard...
I've gotten a Legend Lana and a Survivor Piper in Exhibition in the last 15 mins

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I DL'ed Fire Pro Returns for the PS3 after not playing it for years and got an edit pack for it as well. An edit of R-Truth just criticaled himself after throwing a dropkick.

God drat I missed this game.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

Been playing more universe mode in 2k15, I still think multi-mans have been vastly improved, but 6 guys in a ring cannot be helped. Money In the Bank ladder matches are what they've always been - less zany clusterfucks, sure, but clusterfucks nonetheless. Most of the bugs come in on the 6-man fights as well - Dbry and my guy fought at the top of the MITB ladder and he hit a ladder finisher on me, but instead of falling we "shifted" horizontally at a high speed in the position of grappling on the ladder, until we were suspended over the announce table. Both Dbry and my guy warped to the outside floor and took massive damage. Also during that match, a ghost hit Big Show with a scoop slam.

6-man tags are slightly better. I just played an epic (seriously, took like 40 mins) Shield vs Wyatts match, and you can get neat, if frustrating things like the non-legal men being able to interrupt Roman's apron dropkick spot. And Rowan somehow, in a video game where the match is presented as 'real' managed to be out of position for a Superman punch. Like, if you'd seen this in a real match, you'd be stunned at how the big doofus couldn't turn around at the right time.

I'd also somehow missed that the Shield-bomb was in the game as an OMG, so that was pretty sweet when I saw the prompt come up. However, the usual 'AI' team storms the ring and breaks up every pin until the one time they bump into each other and let the ref count' issue is there. I feel like the older games had a limit to how often the tag partners would run in like that. Like, if you were clearly destroying the legal man, they'd just let it end.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I haven't tried 6-man tags yet, but regular tags are made a lot easier by the stamina system - if you manage to wear both guys down enough, knocking one off the apron will give you more than enough time to hit a move and go for a pin. I imagine that might be harder with an additional opponent. One place where the AI sucks is getting your tag partners to run interference for you (though your opponent's partners do a great job).

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Finally

WCW Pack

Playable WCW Superstars: Fit Finlay, Lord Steven Regal, Bam Bam Bigelow, Diamond Dallas Page and Lex Luger;
The WCW Pack will be available for a suggested price of $7.99.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Daniel Bryan posted:

Finally

WCW Pack

Playable WCW Superstars: Fit Finlay, Lord Steven Regal, Bam Bam Bigelow, Diamond Dallas Page and Lex Luger;
The WCW Pack will be available for a suggested price of $7.99.

Such a weird pack, would love to see the reasons behind the choices.