Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

IUG posted:

As seen on a show that ended almost 2 decades ago? Really? That's something to brag about?

Yes, it was Pete and Pete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

IUG posted:

As seen on a show that ended almost 2 decades ago? Really? That's something to brag about?

~~90's kids~~

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Flaggy posted:

Yes, it was Pete and Pete.

A lovely show.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
Got myself one of these for plex/sabnzb/sickbeard (and oh yeah, backups). 5x 2TB drives to go with it bought separately.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

A lovely show.

Die slow

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

-CHA posted:

:dance: :dance: :dance:
Just got two tickets to see Polaris in Boston. Best $40 ever spent. Now for the wait until April.

Polaris is awesome and I will definitely be attending this event if there are tickets left. I really don't like BMH though.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

~~90's kids~~

I'm from '83 and watched Pete and Pete. But the only thing I remember from it now is ARTIE, THE STRONGEST MAN, IN THE WORLD. Because the show ended in '96.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

IUG posted:

I'm from '83 and watched Pete and Pete. But the only thing I remember from it now is ARTIE, THE STRONGEST MAN, IN THE WORLD. Because the show ended in '96.

Oh, he's a fact:

Heeeeeeeee's The Wiz!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRf_A07Elyw

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 18:25 on Dec 11, 2014

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

I've been hunting this album for close to 2 years now and I finally found it on a trip out to Boulder, CO. I overpaid a good bit for it, but it's nice to finally have it.

Risky
May 18, 2003

Hellbeard posted:

ULTRASONIC cleaner!!!!
This is way more fun than it sounds.
Me and the little missus have been cleaning all sorts of items to our great delight.
I cleaned my leatherman, and noticed it working more smoothly. Also cleaned my shaving knife holder and shades and some jewellery and also a bunch of nibs.

It's just so satisfying to see the particulate matter floating away from things you put in the thing.

I'm not weird.

What model is that?

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Risky posted:

What model is that?

It may be a long shot but I think its an LT-05C

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

That ultrasonic dealy is absolutely, utterly something I would use every day. I have bought my last box of q-tips and isopropyl alcohol.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

He's also Cotton Hill from King of the Hill.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Pukestain Pal posted:

Got myself one of these for plex/sabnzb/sickbeard (and oh yeah, backups). 5x 2TB drives to go with it bought separately.

I purchased one of these a month ago as a birthday present to myself and I love it.

Be aware that the lower processor speed means it's a little slow navigating plex, and there's a bunch of undocumented setup for those apps. You'll have to go to the forum, it's not plug and play like the DroboApps page suggests.

Also, I may get an SSD for the accelerator slot.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

IUG posted:

When I saw "Polaris" I instantly thought "hey it's the band that did the Pete and Pete theme!", so yes, people still care.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

It's not really bragging, that's just what they're most famous for. The show was good and the music was also great.

colas has a new favorite as of 00:49 on Dec 12, 2014

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive
Exam voucher for

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I've bought an absolute poo poo ton of Christmas gifts for friends and family. Including, but not limited to, a CAT-4610A Air Compressor for my brother and his fiancee. The thing is awesome and super quiet. Less decibels than their vacuum.

But every year, I always get myself something dumb. This year, it was a Lucha mask.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
More bass stuff! Y'know, for the 2 other people in the thread that'll be interested. I recently came across a dude on ebay selling PCBs of the Alembic F2B bass preamp:

So for $16+shipping I said 'gently caress it' and grabbed one. This sucker is tiny! Granted it looks like it's pretty much just the filter section of the unit, and I'll be wiring up the tube amplifier portion point-to-point. But that's the fun part! And, in my opinion, it's the whole point of doing projects like these. Since it's so small, I figure I'll just get a small-ish project box and make the most incredibly kick-rear end bass DI box ever (I can't wait for people to go to use it only to spend 10 minutes trying and figure out which box is the power supply and which is the DI). Maybe do it up with one of those really nice Jensen transformers designed specifically for bass to get a nice line output, with the usual DI box parallel input loop through to go into an amp at the same time if I want.

For a better size comparison, here it is on one half of an EMG P-pickup:

Anyway, if anyone else is interested it looks like he's got another one listed here.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I upgraded to a 4K monitor and got in a horrible spiral of "necessary" PC upgrades (or at least that's what I told my wife)

Started with the monitor seen here.

Samsung U28D590D 28IN 4K UHD LED Monitor

It needed a DisplayPort cable for true 4K, so that led to this

...and that needed a power supply upgrade, which led to this

...and then I found out the loving GPU wasn't compatible with Windows 7, so I rationalized the purchase of this

3.30GHz Intel Core i5-4590 processor and 8GB of RAM

...and somehow, with virtually no experience, I managed to mash all these parts together and make it work. On the second try.

Now I guess I have to give Civ 5 another go.

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

Glottis posted:

When I saw "Polaris" I instantly thought "hey it's the band that did the Pete and Pete theme!", so yes, people still care.

It's really just Mark Mulcahey. He had a band called Miracle Legion that did similar music. Check out Me and Mr. Ray.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Reverse Centaur posted:

...and then I found out the loving GPU wasn't compatible with Windows 7, so I rationalized the purchase of this

What do you mean with not compatible? I would say that the vast majority of the cards are used in machines running Windows 7 and I didn't hear of any issues with it.

Got myself one of the old OLED PS Vitas, before they become unavailable. Mostly for Persona 4 Golden.

And a used 16 GB memory card for it because new ones are outrageously expensive.

Decius has a new favorite as of 08:46 on Dec 12, 2014

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

My logitech G500 started getting really screwy with both the left and right mouse buttons. But I haven't had to buy a mouse in like 6 years because Logitech kept sending me replacements each time my previous one acted up for various reasons. It works like a charm though and has a nice weighty feel to it. Its also incredibly hard to find in stores now because small wireless mice are the new hotness.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

strangemusic posted:

That ultrasonic dealy is absolutely, utterly something I would use every day. I have bought my last box of q-tips and isopropyl alcohol.

Before I got to "and isopropyl alcohol." I thought you were making a joke about being able to ultrasonically clean your used q-tips :D

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Decius posted:

What do you mean with not compatible? I would say that the vast majority of the cards are used in machines running Windows 7 and I didn't hear of any issues with it

There are tons of people on forums complaining about the same issue - PC boots up but gets stuck at the start screen. I tried every supposed fix, none universally worked for everyone, and some were way out of my depth. HP support blamed it on win 7 and getting rid of win 7 worked :shrug:

There probably is a cheaper fix that could have been done but I have more money than brains and patience.

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

It arrived. Thing is so small.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

wigbot v2.0 posted:

It arrived. Thing is so small.

Nice shoes. Or maybe they're flowers. I just can't know :shrug:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is it time to play another round of "bicycle or gun part?"

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

Risky posted:

What model is that?

Astrobastard posted:

It may be a long shot but I think its an LT-05C

Yup.
I think if you're in the states you might find something better, shipping costs included.

strangemusic posted:

You're kidding right? You still need Q-tips, guy.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Is it time to play another round of "bicycle or gun part?"

I was thinking ecig mod?

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

Jerry Cotton posted:

Nice shoes. Or maybe they're flowers. I just can't know :shrug:

It's shoes. Definitely shoes.

It's a dash-cam, so I can record poo poo.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

wigbot v2.0 posted:

It's a dash-cam, so I can record poo poo.

Oh I see. You just assumed everyone else reading the thread was :ussr:n.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I already had a 10gal upright compressor in the garage that I use for everything automotive, and a smaller one that I can't remember the tank size of that I use for pretty much everything else that stays in the house most of the time, but this was $200 at Home Depot for a 6 gallon compressor and three nailguns (16 and 18 gauge) which is cheaper than just two of the nailguns alone, so I had to pick it up since I was out looking at nailguns anyhow for some home improvement projects we're planning for mid-winter to spring.

Quietest of the three compressors I now own, and keeps up reasonably well with what I've used it for so far (Cleaning dust out of electronics, testing the nailguns on a piece of scrap wood, that sort of light use.) I'm sure it'll do well enough, Ryobi hasn't let me down yet.

hagrd
Aug 25, 2003

10k of Norma2.

The hat was free.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

hagrd posted:

10k of Norma2.

The hat was free.

How much was the ammo?

and... can I get some of that?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

hagrd posted:

10k of Norma2.

The hat was free.

The gently caress is a riffle

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Hellbeard posted:

You're kidding right? You still need Q-tips, guy.

Just to be clear, I'm not the grossest goon. I was talking about cleaning small metallic parts of things.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Cacafuego posted:

not sure I'd buy ammo from a company who can't spell

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Cacafuego posted:

They have ridges. Great for potato hunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
I know shoes are weird here, but I got these to wear tonight

no weird spaceman sole.