Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Has anybody theorized that the foot from the January promo may be.... Tommy? DUN DUN DUNNNNN

It could happen, maybe in the form of a vision ("Oliver, don't forget about your pouch of punctured lung curing herbs. Remember who you are. This, is CNN"), and not be terrible. My money is still on HK guy-turned-LoA-guy or Barrowman. Both make sense in that HK (whose name I just can't hold on to because it seems unimportant) doesn't want him to die and could be trying to save his life/give him a new one, and plot idiocy notwithstanding, Barrowman would/should have known that Oliver would get his rear end broke in and could have guessed as to where he might find his body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Amell posted about him being present for filming the 60th episode.

http://i.imgur.com/Hv3ePlJ.png

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Marc Singer has been cast as General Matthew Shrieve, head of the Creature Commandos on the comics

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Marc Singer is joining the show to play General Matthew Shrieve, leader of the Creature Commandos :circlefap:

e: f,b

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

zoux posted:

Strong Female Protagonist is a very good comic on the web that tries to take a realistic look at the world of super heroes.

Thank you for this recommendation. I'm working through it now and it's really good.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

thrawn527 posted:

Thank you for this recommendation. I'm working through it now and it's really good.

It is. In terms of both "hey we love comics so let's enjoy comics and not feel bad about being a little silly" and "hey let's explore the ramifications of power and privilege through the lens of superheroes", It's probably the best superhero media I've ever seen.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Habibi posted:

It could happen, maybe in the form of a vision ("Oliver, don't forget about your pouch of punctured lung curing herbs. Remember who you are. This, is CNN"), and not be terrible. My money is still on HK guy-turned-LoA-guy or Barrowman. Both make sense in that HK (whose name I just can't hold on to because it seems unimportant)

His name is Masseo Sarab

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Interesting Episode 60 is called the return. Presumably Ollie won't be in the show for the three episodes before it, what with being dead/injured and recovering/starting his second life. It is also the episode Slade is supposed to be in. Along with that picture. So many things could be returning, though I doubt they're bringing Tommy back.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!
Honestly, I've been playing with the idea in my head that some representative of the League is the one who ends up saving Oliver- not as a rogue operative sort of thing, but, directly.

They made a point when Oliver realized that his friend from Hong Kong was alive that, once you join the League, your previous existence is dead- the whole spiel of, "That man is dead, I am Sarab now." And it seems reasonable that some degree of a time skip will happen by the time they come back. So.. Maybe Oliver gets healed up by the League, and then shows back up in Starling all assassin'd up? And then you get to see his friends having adjusted to him being gone- Arsenal taking the main stage, Laurel as Canary out on the streets, even if not particularly strong yet, ATOM fighting crime, etc. And suddenly, boom, Oliver back in bad guy mode, somewhat crazy/aggressive from the Lazarus Pit?

I dunno, just, seems like it'd fit, and give the B-Team time to grow into their roles a little bit more.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

They're casting the Beastmaster as the head of the Creature Commandos?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Uh, I was joking about them bringing in Sportsmaster, this is actually weirder. I mean, I guess I assume they will "normalize" them a lot?

Edit: Well, reading the article if it's just the general then there might not be anything weird about it at all!

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Dec 12, 2014

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Wait a second did they some how introduce Dark Seid into Arrow and Flash universe? The upcoming Crisis, the Omega Virus, The Flash Disappearance, could they be doing their version of Final Crisis?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Hollismason posted:

Wait a second did they some how introduce Dark Seid into Arrow and Flash universe? The upcoming Crisis, the Omega Virus, The Flash Disappearance, could they be doing their version of Final Crisis?

No.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

MrFlibble posted:

Interesting Episode 60 is called the return. Presumably Ollie won't be in the show for the three episodes before it, what with being dead/injured and recovering/starting his second life. It is also the episode Slade is supposed to be in. Along with that picture. So many things could be returning, though I doubt they're bringing Tommy back.

Don't have a link handy but it has been stated in an interview that the Return does not refer to either Ollie or Slade.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
If Ollie is going to be out of the picture for a while, I really hope the writers take the opportunity to turn Roy into, like, an actual person. I used to be pissed at Colton for leaving Teen Wolf but now I just kinda feel bad for him because he's basically been reduced to a prop. A magnificently sculpted prop with a jawline that could cut glass.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

You Lazarus Pit people are crazy. They've already got comics precedent for this: Ollie will be resurrected as a soulless amnesiac by his grieving best bro, an ex-military Green Lantern. John Stewart Diggle will be revealed at last and we'll get to see the recruitment of the new Arrow sidekick Speedy, aka MiaThea.

They look like the most cheerful street drug dealers. "You kids wanna buy some arrows?"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I was thinking very, very green hookers.

"Um... looking to party, Miss?"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Spergatory posted:

If Ollie is going to be out of the picture for a while, I really hope the writers take the opportunity to turn Roy into, like, an actual person. I used to be pissed at Colton for leaving Teen Wolf but now I just kinda feel bad for him because he's basically been reduced to a prop. A magnificently sculpted prop with a jawline that could cut glass.

I think it's funny how Felicity keeps busting on his height. "Well, these arrows couldn't have come from an average sized archer so I thought, hell, let's check out that sawed off motherfucker over there".

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

I think it's funny how Felicity keeps busting on his height. "Well, these arrows couldn't have come from an average sized archer so I thought, hell, let's check out that sawed off motherfucker over there".

I think her idea was more he could've thrown from the hip. As opposed to Thea just shooting from her normal height.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

zoux posted:

Dude is basically from the same mythical land that both AC/DC and Tom Cruise are from

E: except he's 5'9 I guess? He looks so much shorter

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

I think her idea was more he could've thrown from the hip. As opposed to Thea just shooting from her normal height.
She's said something about how it's not an "average sized archer" like three or four times. Every time I'm like, drat girl, lay off the man.

Stephen Amell is 6'1'', i.e. the perfect height for a man (of course he is).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hollismason posted:

That poo poo was around long before Final Crisis. The red skies and missing Flash are direct references to COIE.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

zoux posted:

Stephen Amell is 6'1'', i.e. the perfect height for a man (of course he is).

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
What if it was all his imagination as he preps himself for the fight. He is in deep meditation to zone in and focus on what possibilities could happen if he has to fight Ra's. What would own weaknesses be. What would he do if Ra's took his weapon. He was all thinking these things through and still lost in his head because he wasn't sure yet how to counter those things. He then finally meets him for real and because of his intense meditation training of focusing on all possibilities lets him win the fight. :tinfoil:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I hope Oliver stays dead and the show becomes about the Atom now.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Regy Rusty posted:

I hope Oliver stays dead and the show becomes about the Atom now.

All Merlyn all the time. Show name still fits that way.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Azhais posted:

All Merlyn all the time. Show name still fits that way.

I'm okay with this

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

JohnSherman posted:

Counting down until Hcreight posts spoilerscasting news to tell us why this isn't going to happen.

I am hcreight, ruiner of dreams.

(Also I got nothing.)

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Alright I've refined my terrible fan theory:

- Tommy dies, Merlyn is distraught, brings his corpse to the Lazarus pit.
- Tommy comes back to life, but he's crazy.
- Merlyn leaves him on the mountain until he gets his poo poo straightened out. Maybe he trains here or something.
- One day Tommy hears a thud outside his cave, investigates.
- Maseo Yamashiro watches from a distance as a single tear rolls down his cheek.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'd be very surprised if Ollie doesn't end up with an Arabic name out of this that's something like 'Green Archer', so he can declare triumphantly "I'm not *arabic*, I'm the Green Arrow!" and then shoot Ra's.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
We've met a few people that are roughly on Ollie's level as far as fighting goes, even with a bow, and like half were trained by the league and all of them are massively inferior to Ra's in a fight. Dude is going to have to do a lot more than get emotional and double down on violence to beat Ra's, his best effort didn't even make Ra's try.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Boogaleeboo posted:

We've met a few people that are roughly on Ollie's level as far as fighting goes, even with a bow, and like half were trained by the league and all of them are massively inferior to Ra's in a fight. Dude is going to have to do a lot more than get emotional and double down on violence to beat Ra's, his best effort didn't even make Ra's try.

Boxing glove arrow.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Barry Allen in a latex mask.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Boogaleeboo posted:

Outside of Batman Begins, how often does Ra's really "lose?" Bats seems to usually just get away or foil a plot, not take down the demon's head himself.

ProfessorLoomis
Apr 5, 2007

I LUST FOR MONKEY DEATH

Boogaleeboo posted:

Whole thing implies to me that if Ras is that skilled, Batman must be a monster himself. I kind of quietly imagine that Batman is actually out there, but has maintained his myth status longer than Ollie or anyone else who's fought crime.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
gently caress Batman. I hope he never appears. I hope Bruce Wayne was killed in a tragic falling piano accident in this universe.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Scyantific posted:

You know for all this talk about the Lazarus pit, it's real easy to forget that we already have a miracle drug in Oliver's super miracle cure-all herb from Lian Yu.

Throughout the series that herb has:
-Cured Oliver on the island from various poisons and injuries
-Cured Slade's infected bullet wound
-Cured Diggle's Curare-laced bullet wound
-Cured Merlyn's Curare-laced bullet wound
-Cured Sara from a lethal dose of League snake poison

Pretty sure that thing is still going to be useful down the road.

Anyway, here's a promo video for tomorrow (spoilers, obviously)
Really liking how they're so into linking Flash and Arrow, as evidenced by one of Felicity's screens with the headline "STAR Labs Attacked by Yellow Blur"

Island herb cures poisons, not impalements. Don't forget, he was stabbed pretty severely in the side/kidney as well as through his chest. Also a big cut on his arm that's gonna bleed a lot (unless he freezes to death before he bleeds to death).

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Ville Valo posted:

Outside of Batman Begins, how often does Ra's really "lose?" Bats seems to usually just get away or foil a plot, not take down the demon's head himself.

He gets increasingly chumped as time goes on and every writer wants to show how cool Dick or Tim is, but generally speaking Batman is the only person that gives him a run for his money. Which is why he wants the Bat-D in his daughter and Batman to take his position. And Batman is a loving crazy person. Like Ollie actually has a life and occasionally tries to think about the bigger issues behind societal decay and what drives people to crime in the books, Batman just works out and kicks poo poo in the throat harder. It's perfectly fine for Ollie not to be able to walk all over the greatest killer that has ever lived, because that's all Ra's is or will ever be. He's a man even his family calls "The Demon", would anyone really want to give up all he did to be that good? It's perfectly fine for Ollie to go "Fuuuuuuuuuuck that" and just get like 9 people together to drop him. It's not a character flaw to want to be more than a best killer you can be.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I will absolutely lose my poo poo if a Lazarus Pit Tommy saves Oliver and dumps him in a Lazarus Pit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Boogaleeboo posted:

He gets increasingly chumped as time goes on and every writer wants to show how cool Dick or Tim is, but generally speaking Batman is the only person that gives him a run for his money. Which is why he wants the Bat-D in his daughter and Batman to take his position. And Batman is a loving crazy person. Like Ollie actually has a life and occasionally tries to think about the bigger issues behind societal decay and what drives people to crime in the books, Batman just works out and kicks poo poo in the throat harder. It's perfectly fine for Ollie not to be able to walk all over the greatest killer that has ever lived, because that's all Ra's is or will ever be. He's a man even his family calls "The Demon", would anyone really want to give up all he did to be that good? It's perfectly fine for Ollie to go "Fuuuuuuuuuuck that" and just get like 9 people together to drop him. It's not a character flaw to want to be more than a best killer you can be.

I half expected that when Ollie got backed up against the cliff Diggle would show up in a helicopter with a pistol.

• Locked thread