Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Just two more Unowns now. I don't even know why I'm collecting them again when they don't give you those seals anymore. I suppose I can still write rude words in boxes.

One of those jerks (I think Masuda?) has a team of three cosplay Pikachus. I want a team of cosplay Pikachus too, drat it. Oh well, I guess if anyone deserves perks like that it's the devs.

Kikas posted:

Oh God, I just managed to get the Spiritomb in Sea Mauvile pop up without knowing what do you have to do in order to trigger it and it was a bit scary really.

It was a shame I had to look it up, because that would have been awesome to be blindsided by. Although apparently it has Memento so it could be annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

McDragon posted:

It was a shame I had to look it up, because that would have been awesome to be blindsided by. Although apparently it has Memento so it could be annoying.

No idea about that, it ended like most of my captures do. By a single Quick Ball.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Ha ha I finally got my Eon ticket and caught this thing in a Repeat Ball:

Latias - #380 (Timid)
HP: 31
Att: 4 - 6
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 30
Speed: 30

At level 30 it all looks like max IVs. I'm not reseting that. Too bad the Hidden Power ended up being Bug.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
Does anyone have a Blissey Secret Base? I tried the one Orange Fluffy Sheep posted earlier, but for some reason it had a level 52 Salamence instead of Blissey.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Red Metal posted:

Does anyone have a Blissey Secret Base? I tried the one Orange Fluffy Sheep posted earlier, but for some reason it had a level 52 Salamence instead of Blissey.

Here's Smogon's. It's on the tree closest to the Daycare, so it's easy to get to.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Red Metal posted:

Here's a link to a specific post on Smogon with a ton of secret base Blisseys:
ORAS Super Secret Bases Thread

There a huge number under the "Multiple Locations" tab, and I can confirm that the Hex Maniac on route 118 works; I scanned her in yesterday and just fought her right now. Given where I am in the game the Blisseys are level 40, but even so I watched my Level 1 Treekco become a level 35 Grovyle in one battle.:getin:

E: Also, there's a strategy to get two battles a day per trainer:
1. Fight the trainer at their base, recruit them and then fight them again at your base.

2. Do the reverse: fight them at your base, dismiss them, and fight them again at their own base.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 12, 2014

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

Red Metal posted:

Here's a bunch of codes that fill the Secret Meadow with triple battle Blissey bases. They all have Toxic Orbs and only use Healing Wish for easy leveling.

Buh
May 17, 2008

Cernunnos posted:

I have 0 Flags collected and I got the doll. :shrug:

drat, I was hoping we'd found an actual rational explanation why some people get it instantly and some get chairs. I guess they've gone full game freak and it depends on your dexnav rank for sunkern multiplied by your birthday

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
The Battle Chatelaine's Lax Incense holding Latios just avoided two Ice Beams and a Dark Pulse costing me the fight. gently caress the Battle Masion.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Kikas posted:

Oh God, I just managed to get the Spiritomb in Sea Mauvile pop up without knowing what do you have to do in order to trigger it and it was a bit scary really.

I sure am glad I saved, incidentally, before that fight. Little fucker killed itself at least five times.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."
On the topic of secret bases, does anyone know what I need to do to get flags from the trainers in my base? Is it only a one time deal or just pure luck if they give me flags or not?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I think they have to be Streetpass ones, and it's only if they've actually got flags themselves that day. So basically, yeah, pure luck.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Just caught a Lonely Zekrom: 31/10-11/30/31/31/31. The 10-11 is in Attack though, so I can't decide, should I keep it?

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Dec 13, 2014

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I want to thank all the people who have beds in their secret bases. You've made my Pokeyman journey a lot less annoying.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

MacheteZombie posted:

Just caught a Lonely Zekrom: 31/10-11/30/31/31/31. The 10-11 is in Attack though, so I can't decide, should I keep it?

Since it has a base 150 attack... maybe. But a 120 in sp. attack, so a specs could be surprising.

Buh
May 17, 2008

Azzents posted:

On the topic of secret bases, does anyone know what I need to do to get flags from the trainers in my base? Is it only a one time deal or just pure luck if they give me flags or not?

You can get like a hundred a day with this process:
Delete as many existing bases as possible
Spend some time online so you get Passersby
Wait for the mailbox looking icon on the BuzzNav to appear (once daily? I don't know how this works), click it to get new secret bases (you'll get like 20-30 if your slots are free).

Go talk to them all in their bases; your first chat with them gives you an item and the second reveals their lifetime flag total. Ignore those with 0 or 1000, you are trying to find people who actively hunted flags today. Invite the ones with decent totals to be your secret pal.

When you have five pals, return to your base and chat with them.
If someone is gonna give you any flags they'll do it instantly when you chat to them in your own base.

SkuttyB
Nov 5, 2010

Had a good time fishing today, caught shiny Wailmer, Carvanha and Feebas all within about half an hour of each other. The Wailmer seemed like it took ages, the Feebas wasn't quite as long, and the Carvanha was in two or three goes, and I wasn't even looking for that one! Gonna send em all over to AS, with the mega stone once I get it, so they can have their fun there

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I wonder what Mega Wailord would be like :allears:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Judging from all the Mega Evolutions I've seen so far, Wailord with lots of random strips and spikes sticking off of it, maybe some black lines.

SkuttyB
Nov 5, 2010

Mega Wailord would be so big itll be where the region for Gen VII is located!

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Man, I always disappoint my Pokemon whenever they want me to make a face in Amie. Does that poo poo work for anyone, or am I just too fuckin' deformed?

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Diet Poison posted:

Man, I always disappoint my Pokemon whenever they want me to make a face in Amie. Does that poo poo work for anyone, or am I just too fuckin' deformed?

Most of the faces work for me, but it never registers my smiles :(

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

SkuttyB posted:

Had a good time fishing today, caught shiny Wailmer, Carvanha and Feebas all within about half an hour of each other. The Wailmer seemed like it took ages, the Feebas wasn't quite as long, and the Carvanha was in two or three goes, and I wasn't even looking for that one! Gonna send em all over to AS, with the mega stone once I get it, so they can have their fun there
You should definitely use Shiny Milotic in contests.
Shiny Milotic is very pretty.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Diet Poison posted:

My Pokemon are racists, the camera has a hard time registing my face because my skin isn't white enough. I'm not even that dark though :(

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

gently caress that face stuff. It never worked for me once.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The only explanation k can come up with is my beard loving it up all the time.

Could very well be designed to pick up Asian faces, too.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Anyone available to help with some dex-completion trade/trade-backs? I'll hand you a leftovers at the end of it.

The Golden Gael fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 13, 2014

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

So I gave playing Pokemon X in nuzlocke mode (first time ever doing it) where every pokemon's name is a randomly generated monster name. The whole style of playing really adds a survival-ish spin to the game. I lost nearly me entire team to the first gym, had it not been for Saintly Raft the Pidgey outspeeding that Vivillion.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Could someone with 12 spare BP take my Ralts and teach her Hyper Voice? In return, I will give you a ~*~shiny Shroomish~*~

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Could someone with 12 spare BP take my Ralts and teach her Hyper Voice? In return, I will give you a ~*~shiny Shroomish~*~
Hell, I'll do it.
e: 1263-6844-1789

e: It occurs to me that the move tutors are in ORAS, not XY, and I'm not in the postgame yet. Sorry.
Though, if you need BP, you could always check PokeBank? Assuming you've got a few pokemon in there, the pokemiles/battle points rack up all the time. I have BP out the wazoo because I'm storing my Living dex in there.

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Dec 13, 2014

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Blaziken386 posted:

Hell, I'll do it.
e: 1263-6844-1789

Thanks, FC is 0490-5441-0451. IGN is Michael.

E: Dang.

BearDrivingTruck fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Dec 13, 2014

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!
I returned to my Super Singles run, and am now sitting at 55 wins. I had some close calls in the battles leading up to the chatelaine, evasion-ridden as they were. Then I faced Nita and crushed her with zero trouble. I don't think they even did any damage to my MegaMence. The only attack any of the genies got off was Hurricane, and it missed. Now the battles are easier than before, though I did switch out Cloyster for Weakness Policy mixed Aegislash. Cloyster's last significant action in the Maison was killing Latias with Ice Shard.

Does the Maison only keep track of one streak, or can I get started on doubles/multi/whatever and still keep my Super Singles win count?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
I'd love to use something besides wingull and claydol in the contests (since I don't particularly like those pokemon). Are there any good guides out there besides Serebii's combo list?

Buh
May 17, 2008

Dienes posted:

I'd love to use something besides wingull and claydol in the contests (since I don't particularly like those pokemon). Are there any good guides out there besides Serebii's combo list?

I did it with a shiny Feebas that I'd fallen in love with, and little idea re: strategy. All i did was alternate between two solid moves that excite/are neutral, and I won everything.

Just max out its stats with rainbow poffins (four different coloured berries) and get the scarves, you'll get a massive headstart that way.

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX

Diet Poison posted:

The facial recognition apparently gets really confused if it can't see your eyebrows,apparently glasses obscure them so I always have to take mine off to get results. That said, it never recognizes my attempt at wide-open eyes. :stare:

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
All my main mons got to level 100 so here's the final version of my secret base for you base explorers.

By the way, if you're having trouble taking screenshots of your QR code just use the Pokemon Global Link site.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dienes posted:

From what I can tell, you can win any master rank contest just by having the appropriate stat maxed and holding the appropriate scarf. I've had my Chesnaught win two so far like that, and when it counted up the scores, no pokemon's total score was able to exceed Chesnaught's condition score. I dunno what's going on there.

Buh
May 17, 2008

Dabir posted:

From what I can tell, you can win any master rank contest just by having the appropriate stat maxed and holding the appropriate scarf. I've had my Chesnaught win two so far like that, and when it counted up the scores, no pokemon's total score was able to exceed Chesnaught's condition score. I dunno what's going on there.

I had it come close to a tie, but yes, with the maxed stat I never once lost.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Goddamn, I want my reset EV sandbag already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

If I have Pokemon X on one SD card and Pokemon AS on another SD card is there any way to get them both on the same card without deleting the save of the one I'm moving?

• Locked thread