Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I think ECW developmental consisted of Tazz and Perry Saturn beating up kids from Philly so I don't know what it is in our universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Luigi Thirty posted:

I think ECW developmental consisted of Tazz and Perry Saturn beating up kids from Philly so I don't know what it is in our universe.

Tazz and Perry Saturn beating jobbers on Worldwide and Shotgun Saturday who then go to ECW because they're pissed and want to cut shoot promos about it.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

Not anymore, Edge's getaway driver was a WWF writer and we're at 4 people again.

Cool, do think you could dust off my old writer's chair man

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Basic Chunnel posted:

You can't take on ownership / booking of a developmental fed. You could have somebody take control of a small fed and use trade agreements to make it a de facto developmental fed, but I imagine sending and recalling might be restricted by contract in that case. It would also be more work for Happyman, though less so if it were a touring company.
Come to think of it this might actually be fun, but we're short on writing power as it is.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Sanguinia posted:

Tazz and Perry Saturn beating jobbers on Worldwide and Shotgun Saturday who then go to ECW because they're pissed and want to cut shoot promos about it.

"And you're never gonna forget the name... Amish Roadkill."

Volcano Style
May 2, 2006

THERE IS ONLY ONE

Basic Chunnel posted:

Come to think of it this might actually be fun, but we're short on writing power as it is.
I'll gladly throw my hat in in the ring for writing help. My e-fed withdrawal is playing up and I need to scratch that itch.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.
Same but I could only be a part-timer, really. Bar work = late nights, yo.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Say, do you take your mask off when you go to the bathroom?
The next set of shows (Great American Bash, Nitro, Raw, Hardcore TV) will run on Sunday the 14th, before TLC.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Oh, I totally forgot this:

quote:

Too late to call them spoilers, but if you missed Worldwide here's the results!

Raven opened with a promo, talks about how he'll defend his TV title on Worldwide so all the up-and-coming talent can understand their place - under the Flawless Diamond's control! Eddy Guerrero interrupts! Eddy says that if Raven thinks the Diamonds are so untouchable, it's about time he cashed in his TV Title rematch, TONIGHT!

Another one of Bischoff's new talents premiers! He's got a big fluffy bedazzled coat, a mop of curly brown hair and a scruffy beard that reminds me of the lead singer of an emo band, and some jumbo sunglasses. It's a cool look, but doesn't do much to distract from the fact that he's pasty, pale and looks like he's made from twigs. What DOES distract from his physique is the woman on his arm: the former Booty Babe, Kimberly! Billed from Solana Beach, California, he is the SoCal Pro, "Lovin'" Nick Lovin!

Nick Lovin (w/ Kimberly) wins his debut match vs a random jobber. He picks up the win with a sitout rear mat slam into a double leg hook pin.

Video Recap: Hogan goes ballistic in his match against Eaton, overdubbed by Warrior's promo about making Hulkamania cease and desist

Disco Inferno vs Brian James. This was a pretty even match, both guys did what they did best and played to the crowd a lot. Disco eventually hit the Chart Buster for the win.

After Commercial it was strait to the next match. Sabu defeats another Jobber. High velocity match where Sabu shows his stuff, he wins with the chair-free Arabian Skullcrusher

DDP on a pretaped Promo. Talked about how he's US Champion, and the fact that he holds the symbol of a superpower in the palm of his hands just proves the Diamonds are unbeatable

Tag Action. Kimo and Ekmo defeat Two More Jobbers. The win is an awesome spot, where Ekmo does a Military Press into a Samoan drop to set up Kimo hitting A SPLIT LEG MOONSAULT. A guy that bug should not be able to do a move like that!

Video Recap: The Thrillseekers cut their promo promising a new era where WCW wrestlers are the best in the world, and the showdown (and beat down) with Outsiders

Finally, the Main Event! Raven vs Eddy Guerrero, TV Title on the line! They went all out for this match, another spot-fest that made both guys look like crazy people. However, this time Raven didn't seem confident that he could come out ahead in the end, so he took advantage of an opening to roll Eddy up and grab the tights! 1,2,3, Raven retains and runs for it as Eddy makes his frustration known.

This was a pretty good show. The crowd clearly doesn't give much of a poo poo about these undercard guys, but squashing jobbers can only help. Raven and Eddy tore the house down though, really bumped the show up a lot.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I am legitimately excited to see what you guys do with Lovin. (It was my idea to send an actual goon wrestler to you.)

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

IBE Usenet Report posted:

Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho came out to start the show, with Shawn sporting a noticable black eye. Shawn took the mic to start.

"You all know- Yeah, yeah, I know, you should see the other guy. You all know that Chris Jericho and I are the 2 best wrestlers in this entire company, and we've proven it. We beat Roddy Piper. We beat Mankind. We beat Jushin Liger. Yeah, I said it. He's tough stuff! WHO ARE YOU TO DOUBT JUSHIN LIGER? Anyway, we've beat some of the best WWF has to offer, and tonight, we want the big guys!"
Jericho stepped in and took the mic.
"YEAH! WE WANT THE HERD CORPORATION! BORT! ONAN! WE WANT YOU TONIGHT!"

Bret and Owen came out to reply. Bret was going to start, but Owen tapped him on the shoulder and took the mic for himself.
"You think you're the best, huh? A lot of people around here think they're the best! Steve Austin thinks he's the best, and my brother Bret's gonna prove him wrong at King Of The Ring! And after that, he's gonna take that WWF title from the man who stole it from me, Goldust! Brian Pillman thinks he's the best, and I'm gonna prove him wrong! The whole drat Power Trip think they're the best around, and we've been proving them wrong time after time, even if that ungrateful little twerp from ECW ducked out early at In Your House! Now that I think of it, you're in the running for that King Of The Ring crown too, aren't you, Chris? That crown I beat you for last year? It's been one year since then, Chris! Since then I won the WWF Title and main evented Wrestlemania! You? You've been a tag team champ, and an IC champ. Those are commendable, I admit, but I'm still more decorated than you. So you know what? Take us on! Tonight! And we'll see if you can back up your words!"

Owen drops the mic and leaves, with Bret in tow.

KOTR Quarterfinal:Taz/Stevie Ray. They shake hands beforehand and refuse all opportunities to cheat. Stevie is able to block a couple suplexes due to his weight and height advantage, but eventually, he's beat and he has to submit to the Tazmission. These guys are drat good together.

Mark Henry talks to Vince backtsage. "All those months ago, you and I made that bet. I've kept up my end of the bargain, and I'd like to make another proposition. If I can get to 25 defenses of this Pan-American title, you let me trade it in for a shot at the Intercontinental title. That sound fair?" Vince agrees, and they shake hands.

Tajiri/Kal Kirby. Finish comes when Tajiri sprays a mysterious black mist, and not his usual green mist. Kirby is able to duck so it hits the turnbuckle instead, but he ducks just long enough to eat a devastating Blade Kick to the side of the head for the 3. As Tajiri and Paul Bearer celebrate, we see the black mist letting off an acrid steam as it dissolves the turnbuckle pad. This was good, but the crowd seemed to treat it as a piss break.

IRS is backstage when Captain Lou Albano runs up to him.

"Hey, buddy! I heard you was lookin' for a manager? Well, look no further, the Captain won't steer you wrong!"
"Well, okay, who's in your stable?"
"Well, we got Hakushi! He's one of the most venerated Japanese stars of the nineteen-nineties!"
"Alrighty, who else?"
"Uh, we got Chris Candido and Bradshaw!"
"...and?"
"Uh."
"Jesus. I'm not interested in signing with a 2-bit outfit like yours. Thanks, but no thanks."

Vince told Bret that Austin proposed a number one contender match. Bret asked what the catch was. Vince replied that there didn't seem to be a catch, he just wanted Bret one-on-one; he'd even let Vince pick the stipulation! He's going to let Bret choose the stipulation. Bret debated it for a second, and said he'll have to think on it.

Marc Mero cuts a promo on Mark Henry. "All my Marcs would just love to see me take down a bully like you!"

Pan-Am: Mark Henry/Marc Mero, Henry goes over. After the 36 comes up on the tron, a little Pan-Am title graphic pops up with a 9 on it.

LoV call out all challengers, are put through tables by the Dudleyz. They cut a promo about how No DQ just ain't hardcore enough, they want something more. They want a tables match!

Nishimura calls Ahmed Johnson out, and Cornette cuts a promo about how it seems like his client is gonna have to finish Ted DiBiase's business. DiBiase and Corino interrupt, and DiBiase cuts a promo. "Oh no you don't, Cornette! I can finish Nishimura off! My Million Dollar Prospect is gonna show him how we do things in America!" Nishimura interrupts Cornette and DiBiase as they start a shouting match. "I'LL TAKE THEM BOTH ON! THE TRAILBLAZERS NEVER RUN AWAY FROM A FIGHT!"

Kane vs Ultimate Warrior, Kane goes over after Goldust starts reciting Shakespeare at ringside.

Mick Foley medical update. We see Vince at his bedside, speaking in hushed tones. "Due to Shawn Michaels' savage assault at the last In Your House, Mick Foley is... well, he's just in no shape for competition. Let's go. He needs his rest. As Vince gets up, Foley begins to stir. "Don't... don't worry about me, Vince, I've got... I've got a friend to keep me company." He pulls a sock out from under the bedsheets with a face drawn on it. "Meet Mr. Socko. He's gonna stay with me. He'll never do me wrong." Vince has to turn away from the camera, and we hear a sniffle.

KOTR Quarterfinal: HHH/Rocky Maivia. This was a barnburner, with Rocky and HHH just going at it. Eventually, Joanna tripped Rocky as he was running the ropes, allowing Hunter to hit a flash Pedigree for the 3.

As HHH celebrates, Joanna enters the ring, and as HHH cackles with glee, she fallaway slams Rocky into the turnbuckle. Joanna and HHH laugh as the Trailblazers check to see if he's OK

Owen and Bret Hart vs Chris Jericho and Shawn Michaels

Jericho and Owen start off, trading holds. Eventually a thumb to the eye allows Jericho to whip Owen into the corner and tag in Michaels. The two of them work over Owen for a while, until Owen is able to reverse momentum and O'Connor Roll HBK, but instead of going for the pinfall, he keeps going into a German Suplex! Owen crawls towards Bret's corner as HBK tries to pull him away by the leg. Owen is so close to Bret when HBK flips him over for the Figure 4! He steps over, turns, and Owen kicks him away into Jericho's corner as he tags in Bret! As soon as Bret tags in, HBK tags in Jericho and gets out of the ring, leaving Jericho to take the brunt of the hot tag! Inverted atomic drop! Clothesline! Second rope elbow! Gut Stomp! And after that, Bret locks on the Sharpshooter!

The crowd goes wild as Jericho tries to get to the ropes, and Bret cranks on the Sharpshooter. Jericho finally gets to the ropes, and Bret has to break the hold. Jericho stays at the ropes long enough to get Bret impatient, and when Bret charges at him, Jericho low bridges him over the top! As Bret struggles to his feet, Jericho hits the ropes, jumps over the top, and dives right onto Bret! The Lionheart takes little time rolling Bret back into the ring and getting back on offense, eventually tagging in HBK, who joins in as the crowd goes wild!

JR: "FOLKS, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME SINCE WRESTLEMANIA 12 THAT SHAWN MICHAELS AND BRET HART HAVE FACED OFF AGAINST EACH OTHER IN THE RING! HOWEVER, THEY ONLY HAVE SO MUCH TIME LEFT IN TONIGHT'S BROADCAST! ONE OF THESE MEN HAS TO GET A PINFALL IN THE NEXT... 5 MINUTES? FOLKS, MICHAELS AND HART ARE IN SUDDEN DEATH HERE!"

Hart fights out of the corner and starts laying in on HBK, eventually hitting a snap suplex! He drags HBK away from the ropes, looks to the crowd, and hits the gut stomp! As HBK writhes on the mat, Bret grabs his legs, crosses them over, and is grabbed into a rollup by HBK!

"ROLLUP, ONE, TWO, NO! FOLKS, THE SECONDS ARE TICKING AWAY, AS MICHAELS AND HBK ONLY HAVE 2 MINUTES LEFT!"

HBK gets up, and almost falls into the corner, before starting to tune up the band. He goes for the Sweet Chin Music, but BRET CATCHES IT! Bret reverses into a leg sweep, crosses the legs, and locks in the sharpshooter!

Michaels agonizes in the hold, and is almost at the ropes, when the bell rings!

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, TELEVISION TIME HAS EXPIRED, AND THIS CONTEST HAS BEEN RULED A DRAW!"

To end Raw, we can see Michaels and Hart exchanging looks as Michaels gets back to his feet.

Despite the middle dragging a bit, the opening and ending made this Raw a solid B-.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Dec 13, 2014

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

...what happened to Marty?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

We wrote him out so he could go to Goon Championship Wrestling.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

He boarded a bus.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Since we are all doing music now I would like to thank WWF for doing it originally in the Royal Rumble. Enjoyed it so much then that ECW decided to copy it.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I'm all sad because I missed the dueling worked shoots in the discussion thread :qq:

There's been a small delay on the Nitro writeup because I forgot to ask Happy about something I need to know before I finish it. Until then:

Wrath posted:

I don't speak much. Because I speak now, heed these words:

Mortis cannot be saved. Hashimoto and Hawk are weak. I will make Glacier suffer.

Feel the rage!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

WWF on AOL posted:

The following is a short excerpt from two different emails sent to the same account.

HartAttack@aol.com posted:

How are you doing? I'm here to offer you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! I've been on the lookout for new talent for a while, and you're #1 on my list! I've been hearing you want to make a big statement next week, and to do that, you can count on the Mouth of the South! Just think about it!

Smell ya later,
JH

DoTheAlbano@aol.com posted:

I hear you want to make a big splash. You know there's nobody who is better at making a big splash than the Captain. Join my crew, and you will go far.

Think it over,
The Captain

Senerio fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Dec 13, 2014

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

:siren: I would appreciate any Team WCW Members who are free popping into chat. I wish there was a more polite emote for this than siren. :siren:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Once again due to my miscalculation of the number of build weeks to GAB, this show is on the bulky side. Please forgive and enjoy.

WCWPPVHYPEMAN posted:

YO, I JUST SAW MONDAY NITRO, IT'S THE GO HOME SHOW FOR THE GREAT AMERICAN BASH! SOMEBODY ELSE WROTE THIS RECAP, I'M TOO HYPE TO TYPE! IT GOT ME SO HYPE, I MAY JUST STAY HYPE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!

Nitro kicks off with the Eric Bishoff Show! Tonight's special guest if The Man They Call Sting! Bischoff asks Sting about being added to the Tag Title match, and about Lex Luger's reaction to the news. Sting answers "Lex will bounce back. It wasn't all that long ago that I was in a dark place, letting my anger get the better of me, feeling like I couldn't win and had no friends. But the Total Package is a Horseman! If we need him, he'll be there, and before you know it he'll be back on top."

Sting is interrupted when the interview is crashed by The Thrillseekers! Christian asks where Sting and Flair get off sticking their noses into in their title match and saying they can't beat the Outsiders. Sting tells Christian to calm down. "Remember that speech you made last week, about how the most important thing right now is protecting WCW from the scum trying to exploit it? Well kid, you're not talking to a leech who's after money. The Stinger is The Franchise in WCW! There's nobody more loyal to this company than me! If I were in your shoes and a couple of big name veterans got involved in the biggest match of my career, I'd be mad too. But if you and Lance care as much about WCW as you claim, then you should be happy to have us in there. The Horsemen being in the match alongside the Thrillseekers stacks the deck against the Diamonds!

Christian replies, ""That may be true Sting. But frankly, the Diamonds have been humiliating the Horsemen for MONTHS! Maybe the so-called veterans should be thinking about that. MAYBE the vaunted Four Horsemen aren't going to do anything but get in our way! But you know what, it doesn't matter. Because The Thrillseekers WILL be Tag Team Champions! And if we have to beat FOUR men instead of two to get there, so be it!" He drops the mike and they leave Sting with his hands on his hips shaking his head.

The crowd hears a loud "HEY!" and The Certified Sweetheart Beulah McGillicuty comes to the ring alone to call out Alex Wright. The Cruiser Champ (as well as his partner Doug Williams) oblige and he asks what she wants. Beulah uses some feminine wiles, dancing her fingers along his chest and all the way down to... the title belt "Alex, I'm sure you know that I'm all about giving people what they want. ANYTHING they want. A lot of people want to see your match with Madusa at the Great American Bash. But what they want even more is to see a man as strong, powerful and... virile as the Blue Blood Baron really show his DOMINANCE. And if you want my opinion, there's only one way you can do that... and that's if you add my client, Rey Misterio, to your match to make it a triple threat!"

Alex seems amused by her advances, and shoves her hand away from his gold, saying that he'd have to be an idiot to fall for a pretty face and endanger his championship like that. She changes tactics, "Well, I guess I know when I'm beaten. I mean, if I were you I'd be pretty afraid of Misterio too. He's the rising star of the Cruiserweights after all. But either way, I'm looking forward to seeing you wrestle Madusa. Just think Alex, you're going to have a place in the history books! The first man in professional wrestling to lose a world championship to a woman!""

This one gets under Wright's skin, and he screams that he'll never allow himself to be humiliated that way, "I have the blood of the greatest warriors and rulers of Europe flowing through my veins! I will NEVER disgrace my lineage by losing to a little girl! In fact, I'm going to crush her so completely, I don't even care if your little boy toy is in the match too! But not because your little 'trick,' fooled me, Sweetheart. Its because even two against one, a blonde bimbo and a midget are no challenge for Alex Wright!"

This leads to the night's first match! The New Blue Bloods vs. Rey Misterio, Jr. & Eddy Guerrero (w/ Beulah) vs Flawless Diamonds (Raven & Madusa)! A triumphant Rey and Eddy join Beulah, and Rey picks her up and spins her around in excited thanks while Williams talks intensely with his boss, but both teams get serious instantly when the Diamonds theme hits and Madusa and Raven walk out, clearly not happy about what just happened.

It's tornado tag rules with the heels on the same side of the ring and the faces on the far corner, and Eddy and Williams start off. Eddy keeps his eyes fixed on Raven, taunting him and telling him to tag in so they can fight, and Williams punishes Latino Heat for ignoring him with a sick european uppercut and then grabs him and goes for his signature suplex combo: snap into gutwrench into exploder! Williams mugs for the crowd as Eddy shakes off the nasty sequence and puts Raven out of his head to focus on the match, showing Williams how triple suplexes are done with the Three Amigos! Hurt but now even, the two lock up and Williams throws Eddy into the corner looking for a high knee, but Eddy dodges and counters with a neck-breaker.

Wright has seen enough and tags himself in, ducking under a clothesline so he can hit a spinning heel kick, setting up a headscissors takedown into a sleeper hold! Eddy struggles to stay conscious and drags Wright to his corner, reaching for Rey and the hot tag... but Wright drag him back toward heel territory. Eddy fades, his eyes start to flutter... and he uses all his remaining energy to break for the Diamonds corner and tag in Raven! Even Raven himself seems shocked, but quickly takes it to Wright, running the ropes to hit a shoulder block and going for flashy power moves to distract the audience from the fact that it's currently heel vs heel in the ring. Raven has momentum as he hits a vertical suplex and then drags his opponent into position for the Evenflow, but the TV Champion is countered with a shove to the ropes. Wright ducks the return clothesline and runs the ropes himself, leading to a Champion vs Champion midring double clothesline!

Both men are lost and confused after the big hit, and grope blindly around the ring, trying to find anyone who tag in... and it's a double hot tag as Raven reaches Madusa at the same moment Wright finds Rey Misterio! Rey and Madusa cut loose, both raging at how the other has screwed with their hopes for the Cruiser title and taking it out with their hardest hitting offense. Rey is a living torpedo with monster slingshot offense, but Madusa rolls with every impact and returns it with a powerful shot, using Rey's small size to impose her will. In the end, it all comes down to one single mistake. Madusa throws Rey into the neutral corner and goes for a flashy backflip flying elbow... and he dodges to the outside to instantly fire off the West Coast Pop out of nowhere! He grabs both legs, 1...2...3! Rey gets his win back against the Number One Contender! But Ventura is quick to remind us that all this means is that Sunday when the title is on the line is going to be the rubber match, or an opportunity for Alex Wright to leave both competitors tied at one a piece. We'll see who the best man... or woman.... really is in the end!

Backstage we find Glacier, Hashimoto and a fidgeting, uncomfortable Hawk meditating when they are confronted by James Mitchell, Wrath, Mortis and One Man Gang! Mitchell is holding an envelope with Japanese script down the center. "This isn't some Samurai movie, Hashimoto-san. You can't deliver me a letter of challenge and expect me to do what you want. Honor isn't in my vocabulary."

Hashi says he thinks that Mitchell will accept his challenge, and there will be a six-man tag match between Hawk, himself and Glacier against Gang, Wrath and Mortis at Great American Bash! Mitchell asks why Hashi thinks he would EVER agree to that. Hashi's voice grows cold. "You are losing control of the Great Muta. If you want it back, you'll need to focus all your attention on your favorite Demon. You can't do that as long as Glacier still exists and Wrath's desire to destroy him burns. You can't do it while Hawk and I are trying to save Power Warrior from within Mortis. So you will take this opportunity to destroy all your enemies in one fel swoop. Of course, I may be wrong about all those things... but I doubt it."

Mitchell glares and says that he will see Hashi Sunday. The heels leave... but Mortis lingers just a few seconds, locking eyes with Hawk before he departs.

Breath With Me! Chris Benoit vs Bam Bam Bigelow! The Rabid Wolverine faces off against the Beast From The East, who uses his size advantage to smother Benoit. Crushing blows and corner slams do big damage to the smaller man early on, Benoit weathers the storm and uses his technical prowress to fight back. When Bigelow goes for a body slam, he slides out from Bigelow's grip and counters with a snap suplex! Benoit attempts to wear the big man down with an armbar but Bigelow powers out and strikes back with a big underhook backbreaker, knocking the wind out of Benoit's sails.

Heenan directs his client to end the match now while has the change, and Bigelow ascends the turnbuckles, signaling for the moonsault! But Benoit has it scouted and kips up! He scrambles up behind The Beast and sends him crashing back to the mat with a second-rope German suplex! AND HE KEEPS HIS HANDS LOCKED AFTER THE FALL! German suplex two and three follow, leaving Bigelow down and out. The Crippler immediately locks in the Crossface, forcing Bigelow to tap out!"

Benoit cuts a promo after the match. ""I don't know why Muta wants to fight me so badly. But frankly, at this point, WHO GIVES A drat? The Crippler is not going to run! If Muta wants me, he's gonna get all he can handle! Back in Japan the rumor was The Great Muta couldn't be hurt, that he was too much of an animal to understand pain. This Sunday is going to be his first lesson. But even if they were right, and that means I can't make Muta submit, then I will BEAT HIM UNTIL HE STAYS DOWN! Hashimoto told me I needed to focus on survival above all else. I say whether it takes a Wild Pegasus or a Rabid Wolverine to do it, I WILL LEAVE THAT RING WITH MY HAND RAISED, OR I WON'T LEAVE IT!"

At the top of the ramp appears Brian James, here to warm the crowd up for his boy! "Perk up those ears, folks! It's your old friend Brian James! Since Slamboree it's been a dark road for the James Gang, kiddies. We got cheated, we got kicked in the dirt, and we got run over by three out of a possible Four Horsemen, and let me tell you my dermatologist did NOT appreciate having to treat my outbreak of horseshoe-shaped back-ne. But you can't keep a good James down, no matter how much you wish you could! And you can't keep the other two down either! Just between us, I gotta say, I do NOT envy whoever is going to get in the ring with my main man tonight, because he is looking to inflict some pain. So, without further ado... LLLLLLAAAADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS, CHILDREN OF ALL AGES! J+J+J proudly brings to you, that B-to-the-A-to-the-D, A-Double-Scorching-Sulfers.... THE BADASS! JAMES! WINCHESTER!"

James Winchester vs Booker T! Booker makes his way down the ramp quickly, checking over his shoulder for any rotten fruits that might be stalking him, but reaches the ring without incident. Winchester and Booker open the match with a test of endurance, pulling out a variety of strikes which neither man bothers to block, preferring to show their toughness and stay on offense. Winchester grows annoyed and switches to grappling, looking for leverage so he can pull our his power arsenal, but Booker proves too nimble and he finds his holds countered. Winchester soon suffers and Irish Whip and eats a roundhouse and then an elbow drop! Winchester recovers and pays Booker back with a stiff discus clothesline and an Alabama Slam! Both men seem ready for more... but suddenly a colorful fog fills the arena! From the entrance appears Booker’s curse, The Yummy Mummy!

Booker steals himself as the Mummy slowly approaches the ring! Winchester tries to take advantage of the distraction by locking in for a German but Booker is on his game and counters with an elbow shot! The Mummy continues to approach and Booker is forced to keep his attentions divided, giving Winchester more and more chances to strike. Desperate, Booker tries a surprise Roll Up! 1...2... kick out! By the time he's back up, the Mummy is on the apron! Booker delivers a drop kick just as he tries to get through the ropes and knocks the beast to the ground... but stays down for only a second before clambering back up! Booker throws up his hands in frustration... and suffers turnabout as he is rolled up by Winchester! James plants his feet on the ropes for leverage, but the ref doesn't see it from his angle! 1...2...3! Winchester steals one and flees from the opposite side of the ring as the Pharaoh of Flavor.

After the match, The Yummy Mummy tries to get back in the ring and Booker fights desperately to keep him out. The Mummy seems to take no damage no matter how many times Booker knocks him down and keep trying to get in... until The Giant's theme hits! But rather than running down to make the save, he's got his jumbo hand around the throat of a hostage: the Taskmaster, Kevin Sullivan! The Mummy stops moving, and Booker grabs a mic. "I agreed to wrestle Winchester tonight so that I could be bait. I needed this Mummy sicko right where I could see him, and now I'm gonna solve this mystery like Scooby Dooby, dog! See, it was no coincidence that Mummy first attacked while I was wrestling Evad Sullivan. It was no coincidence that the Mummy seems to be completely brainless and stronger than any other man... just like my boy Giant was when he hung around the Dungeon of Doom. But my suspicions weren't confirmed until Mr. Taskmaster himself came out after my match with Wallstreet! You wasn't there to send off a friend, dog, you was there to spy on your target! YOU brought the curse of the Yummy Mummy to WCW!"

Sullivan says it's all true. He wanted revenge on Giant for destroying the Dungeon of Doom and ending his career by forever baring him from challenging for the WCW Championship. "But I knew Giant is almost indestructible, so I targeted his only weakness, his only true friend.... YOU Booker! I had hoped to use the power of the Mummy to create an entire new Dungeon and reign over WCW once more, but now that I've been exposed all I care about is finishing my FINAL TASK... ending your career and haunting Giant forever!"

Booker tells Sullivan it's over, and if he doesn't call the Mummy off then Giant will put his fist right though the Taskmaster's twisted skull. Sullivan says that Booker is an idiot. "I only SUMMONED the Mummy, I don't control it! Once the curse has begun, it cannot be stopped... unless you can find some way to beat him in a match! Good luck beating someone who can't feel pain!" Sullivan laughs like a manic and Giant hits him with a Chokeslam on the ramp. Mummy once again tries to climb into the ring, but this time Booker retreats. Ventura notes that this will be the last time Booker can run - It's either defeat the Mummy, or succumb to the curse!"

Road Warrior Hawk and Shinya Hashimoto vs Mystery Opponents. A familiar siren sounds (not Scott Steiner's), and a video comes on the Turnertron showing two men walking down a hallway as a prison gate opens. Chains fall off their wrists and they step into the light... and Buddy Lee Parker and James Earl step onto the stage! Everyone's favorite evil cops are back, but the ring announcer bills them as "Recently released from the Dallas Country Correctional Facility," and dubs their team STATE PAROLE! They sneer at the crowd, ex-cons out to take what they want!

But bad news, they have to take on Road Warrior Hawk and Hashimoto in their first match back. Hawk starts off, and the heels have a debate about who has to take on the Road Warrior, finally settling on Earl. Earl actually starts off fired up, getting some big offense with a few big jabs and a back body drop... but unfortunately he's fighting a Road Warrior, and Hawk bounces back in seconds with a nasty clothesline and some stomps. Earl tries again and charges looking for a shoulder block, but Hawk counters it into an Irish Whip and hits a gutbuster! Earl's had enough at this point and tags in Parker, who charges and locks up with Hawk to keep him from going for Power Moves. Hawk struggles, trying to get free, but the larger and stronger member of the heel team seems to have him locked down... so Hawk delivers a headbutt!

Parker is pissed about this and uses pure power to force Hawk into position and lands a Power Bomb! Even a Road Warrior can't no-sell a move that strong, and Parker capitalizes by dragging Hawk back up... and dropping him against with a DDT! Cover, 1...2...KICK OUT! Parker is livid and gestures that the ref's count was too slow... allowing Hawk to recover just long enough hit the Inverted Atomic Drop! Parker is hurt, and Hawk is able to get the tag, allowing Hashimoto to bulldoze the hurt heel. Strikes and chops lead to a facebuster, and a vertical suplex! Parker is dead on his feet, and far from his partner, as Hashimoto signals the end. Tenay says it's time for The Shogun to show Parker how a DDT is really done... and he hits the Kusanagi! Cover, 1...2...3! Hashi wins!

It's Dusty's Roundup, and he's got Ric Flair... and a Louisville Slugger! Dusty asks Ric where he got the inspiration to use Baseball Bats as his equalizer against the Outsiders, and Flair says that Dusty shouldn't need anyone to remind him! "Back in the 1980's the Four Horsemen made one of their first marks on wrestling history by taking a baseball bat to the arm of none other than the American Dream Dusty Rhodes! AND BABY, WE SNAPPED THAT ARM LIKE A TWIG... no offense Dream." Dusty gets a bitter look on his face as the memories come flooding back, and Ric apologizes again, saying that he was a different man back then.

"But enough about the past! For the future, the Horsemen will only be using these bad boys for the right reasons. AND THERE'S NO BETTER REASON THAN KNOCKING OUTSIDER SKULLS RIGHT OUT OF THE PARK! WOOO! And if you think I'M nasty when it comes to bats, you should see the Stinger! Sting is the master of the Baseball Bat! The only thing higher than his batting average is his pile of broken bones!" Flair turns his Nature-Boyness up to 11 and rants more and more, eventually going berserk! He tears around the Dusty's Roundup set with his bat, battering it to pieces while continuing to talk about how the Horsemen will end the Outsiders. Dusty looks like he's having a Vietnam flashback and leaves, saying he's done with interview shows forever."

Meng (w/ Bobby Heenan) vs Local Jobber! The poor guy didn't stand a chance against the Merciless One. Meng tossed him about the ring like a ragdoll, pulling out a showcase of his full arsenal of signature moves just because the dude was basically helpless after the first two minutes. Heenan was laughing his rear end off, and Schiavone was saying somebody should stop the match. Ventura just said that as long as the kid is conscious, anything Meng does it fair game. Finally Meng gets bored and locks in the Tongan Death Grip to put the kid out and gets the pinfall once his shoulders flop to the mat.

After the match, Heenan takes the mic and cuts a promo, saying that he heard Savage wanted to send him a message. Well he got the message: that as usual the rest of his Family proved to be incompetent! But none of that matters, because Meng is the shining star of WCW, and Savage AND Steiner can consider the match just now a message themselves. "Meng will destroy Rick Steiner for the second time! Meng will be #1 Contender! And once he is, finally, after all these years, after decades of searching, Bobby "The Brain," Heenan will lead a man to the World Championship! And FINALLY, the fame and money that comes with it will be mine... er, ours!"

Diamond Dallas Page and Curt Hennig vs The Liverpool Lads (Doc Dean and Robbie Brookside). Another returning face, it's Robbie Brookside with grown out hair, billed as ""Wildcat,"" instead of Lord, and he's got a new partner, a smug looking youngster named Doc Dean! Together they're the Liverpool Lads, and they look excited for their first match on Nitro... until the Flawless Diamonds theme heralds the arrival of Curt Hennig AND Dallas Page, US and AWA titles in hand. The match starts off with Brookside taking on The Flawless Diamond one-on-one! He shows no fear as he gives Hennig a viscious knife-edged chop! But Hennig responds with an immediate tie-up into an arm drag into a neckbreaker! Brookside recovers and breaks out a dropkick that sends Hennig into the ropes... but he simply bounces back and hits a nasty lariat that knocks Brookside on his rear. Hennig looks annoyed and makes the tag, ordering DDP to crush the two youngsters, who also tag out during the exchange.

Page obliges his boss and takes it to Dean... but Dean is not about to be squashed! He goes hot against the US Champ, delivering some big kicks to the gut and a sunset flip! Page shakes off the attack and hits a Russian leg sweep to take the wind out of Dean, and follows up with an elbow drop, and then a sidewalk slam! Page covers... 1... KICK OUT! Page seems shocked that he didn't at least get the two, and immediately drags Dean back up for the Diamond Cutter... only to be cut off by Brookside, who assists his team-mate with a Northern Lights Suplex and gets back out before the five count! Dean tries to fire up the crowd, and sets up a vertical suplex, BUT PAGE COUNTERS INTO AN IMMEDIATE DIAMOND CUTTER! Brookside is shocked at the sudden nature of the finishers... which allows DDP to Diamond Cut him off the arpon! He gets back to his victim and hooks the leg, 1...2...3! DDP wins!"

After the match, Hennig calls Rick Rude out to the stage and demands to know what the hell he's thinking. "You book The Flawless Diamond himself and the US Champion in a meaningless tag match tonight, for what? To prove you were wearing your big boy pants? I was willing to humor you, but my patience only goes so far. And after adding the Horsemen to the Tag Match against the Outsiders, I'm liable to tip over at any second."

Rude response to Hennig is simple: "Shut your stinking trap, Curt! You may think you're the grand chessmaster, and you may have your little wrestling illuminati. But at the end of the day, but I'm still the commissioner! I book the matches! And if I think a match will bring in money or ratings I'll make it, and I don't care if it's you, Ric Flair or the almighty himself, anyone who doesn't like it can go to hell!"

Hennig seems stunned, but Rude is just warming up. "Now that we're clear on that, I've been talking to my little buddy Eric Bischoff. We've decided that a traditional Triple Threat for the tag belts isn't quite exciting enough for a show as important as the Great American Bash. And you know Eric, he's just full of ideas for new match stipulations. He's been watching the Thrillseekers put guys through tables. He watched the Horsemen bust your boys open with bats. He even watched what Hall and Nash did with that ladder a couple weeks ago, and we all know from history that when it comes to ladders, that's just the start of what Mr. Hall can do. So the old gears started turning, and and Bischoff came up with... a Ladder Match! But this is no ordinary ladder match. It's a ladder match where the Thrillseekers can put a body through a table without any fear of disqualification. It's a ladder match where the Horsemen can bust their opponents skulls with baseball bats and still walk out with the gold! It'll be a match like nothing anyone has seen before, an absolute smorgasbord of blood and carnage, and every man in it is allowed to bring their best weapons into the fray! Oh, and we even threw in a little present for Nash as a cherry on top: the name of this match... is B! L! T!... BATS! LADDERS! AND TABLES!"

The crowd comically starts to chant BLT! BLT! BLT! as Rude drops the mike and leaves Hennig and DDP in shock.

Ron Simmons (w/ Aaron Muhammad and Nelson X) vs another Jobber. No DQ match! Simmons absolutely crushes the guy, landing power slams and stiff forearm shots to the head. He hits blatant low blows several times, and then brazenly pulls out those brass knuckles that he used to beat Too Cold Scorpio, doing that famous raised fist salute before decking the local nobody. Although he could clearly win after the punch, Simmons elected to pick the kid up and hit the Dominator first just because he could, then finally pinned him.

After the match, The Nation mercilessly beat down the jobber. They pass him around and all hit power moves on him before throwing him out of the ring. Teddy Long joins them and each one takes turns pinning him on the arena mats as Teddy counts three. Tenay reminds us that one of Raven's Rules is that falls count anywhere, and the Nation is clearly sending a message, showing just how easily they plan to win on Sunday!

Backstage, Lex Luger kicks open the door to Regal's private locker room. "You know Regal, I despise you and every one of your scumbag Flawless Diamond friends. Do not think this is over just because you won one match!""

Regal is totally dismissive of Luger. "You fail to understand the place you've earned for yourself Sir Luger. It's not a matter of one match. EVERYONE has defeated you. You lost to the Outsiders. You lost to Lord Hennig. And now you've lost to your King. You are irrelevant now. Your piece has been removed from the board. As far as we are concerned, by all the laws of the battlefield, you have no right to even consider yourself a soldier. You are nothing but a shattered hero, crumbling into dust! Sting and Ric Flair? They still matter. Savage still matters. They are worthy enemies that must be put to the sword. But you, Lex Luger? In our eyes, you are already dead." He lets that sink in as Luger fumes, then he shrugs. "Then again, perhaps we are mistaken. Perhaps their is some strength left in The Total Package that the King's eyes cannot fathom. So if you think you can win back your pride, come at me. Here and now. Strike me down with all of your hatred. But there's an old saying I want you to consider before you raise your hand: if you come at the King... then you'd best not miss."

Luger glares hot, gets in close.... hesitates... then leaves. Regal smiles and whistles a jaunty tune.

The Main Event! Arn Anderson (with Hulk Hogan) vs. J. Brian Warrior! Ultimate Lawyer seems eager to face his assailant after stripping off his suit and booking it to the ring. Hogan cheers on Anderson from the outside as the two lock up, and Arn does not hesitate to use cheap tactics to get the upper hand early in the match. Anderson sweeps Warrior to the ground during a test-of-strength lock-up and throws him into an armbar, but Warrior is too close to the ropes and is able to get the a ropebreak. The Ultimate Lawyer uses the ropes to pull himself back to his feet but Anderson rebounds and drives his knee right into The Ultimate Lawyer's face! Double A sneers at the crowd and makes a show out of wiping some facepaint off his kneepad, but when he turns back to the action Warrior flies into him Anderson with a clothesline! Warrior runs the ropes and pumps his arms, feeling the spirit of the cosmos, then leaps over Anderson for the Ultimate Splash... but takes Anderson's knees to the gut! The Lawyer curls up in pain, and Anderson grabs him by his wild hair and cranks Warrior's neck to a disgusting angle and caps it off with a facewash, further messing up the facepaint.

But this cheap shot only serves to fire Warrior to his berserker peak! He overwhelms Anderson with an absolute tornado of forearms and fists, then hoists him over his head for a Gorilla Press Slam! But Anderson counter, wiggling free and landing on his feet behind Warrior, trapping him in an instant hammerlock and bull-rushing him into the corner! Warrior is stunned, and Anderson stalks him, looking for the Spinebuster the moment he turns... but Hogan grabs Warrior's ankles and sweeps him off his feet! Anderson is instantly livid, shouting at Hogan for his bone-headed "assist," and totally fails to notice notice Warrior get back to his feet! Hogan turns his back on Anderson, refusing to continue the argument like a three-year old, and Arn throws up his hands... allowing Warrior to once again throw him up into the Gorilla Press Slam! He drops Anderson with a huge thud, runs the ropes a full three times, then gets impressive air to his his Ultimate Splash at last! It's a closed case, and The Ultimate Lawyer covers Anderson for the 3-count!

After the match, Anderson is pissed. He grabs a mic and hashes it out with Hogan. "What the hell was that? You're supposed to help me you jackass! THAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS STUPID TEAM! Instead you bring me out to fight your battles for you and then you screw me over?! But hell, what's the surprise here? You've been choking ever since you suckered me into this business. And what the hell do I have to show for it? I sure as hell didn't get my World Title back! I turned by back on Benoit because I thought YOU were the kind of man I needed to get back on top, and all that got me was humiliation! And now this?""

Hogan tries to calm him "Now, let me tell you something Double A..." "NO HOGAN, LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING! I AM NOT HIRED MUSCLE! I AM NOT YOUR ENFORCER! I AM ARN GOD drat ANDERSON! AND AS FAR AS ARN GOD drat ANDERSON IS CONCERNED... YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN!" The Megabusters Explode! Arn hits a Spinebuster on the Hulkster and walks out! Warrior roars to the crowd to celebrate this victory, and Tenay proudly stats that this time there will be no escape, dirty tricks or last minute help for Hogan: When Hulk Hogan meets J. Brian Warrior, the better man WILL prevail!

THIS SHOW WAS SO HYPE, I DIDN'T EVEN CARE THAT SOMETHING NEAR THE END KILLED THE CROWD FOR THE MAIN EVENT! I WAS HYPE ALL THE WAY THROUGH, JUST LIKE THE LAWYER! I GIVE THE SHOW A C+, BUT IT'S THE HYPEST C+ EVER! SEE YOU AT GAB!

:siren: Team WCW please assemble so we can finalize shows for today's booking before Football starts! :siren:

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Say, do you take your mask off when you go to the bathroom?
:frogsiren: WCW, Nitro isn't finished and Sang had to run. Somebody please come in and finish the show so I can run it tonight. :frogsiren:
Shows start running in half an hour or so, starting with Great American Bash. Meanwhile, have the Meltz Star Ratings for the month of May.

SLAMBOREE '97
Meng vs. Steiner: ***½
Raven vs. Guerrero: ****
DDP vs. Rock: ***½
Hogan vs. Giant: ***¼
Misterio vs. Ciclope: ****
Luger vs. Hennig: ***½
Thrillseekers vs. J+J: ***¼
Benoit vs. Anderson: ****¾ [MOTN]
Team X-Treme vs. Nation: **¾
Macho vs. Nash: ****¼

IN YOUR HOUSE 16
Legion of Violence vs. The Dudleys: ***
Vader & Bulldog vs. Hansen & Henry: ***½
Trailblazers vs. Team ECW: ***
Goldust & Bossman vs. Warrior & Prichard: ***
Undertaker & Taylor vs. Kane & Tajiri: ***½
Jericho & Michaels vs. Liger & Mankind: ****¼ [MOTN]
Power Trip vs. Harts & Edge: ****

BARB WIRE CITY
Sato vs. TEIOH: ***
Lee vs. New Jack: **¾
Snow vs. Dreamer: ***¼
Angle vs. Shamrock: ***¾
Douglas vs. Funk: **** [MOTN]

Happyman fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Dec 14, 2014

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
World Championship Wrestling proudly presents the Great American Bash '97!

FOR THE WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
"Macho Man" Randy Savage (c) vs. King Steven Regal

THE REMATCH OF THE DECADE
Hulk Hogan vs. J. Brian Warrior

BATS, LADDERS, AND TABLES FOR THE WCW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
The Outsiders (c) vs. the Thrillseekers vs. Ric Flair & Sting

FOR THE NUMBER ONE CONTENDERSHIP TO THE WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Meng vs. Rick Steiner

RAVEN'S RULES
Team X-treme vs. the Nation of Domination

FOR THE WCW CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Alex Wright (c) vs. Madusa vs. Rey Misterio, Jr.

GUARANTEED SHOW-STOPPER
Chris Benoit vs. the Great Muta

CAN MORTIS BE SAVED?
Mortis, Wrath, and One Man Gang vs. Glacier, Shinya Hashimoto, and Road Warrior Hawk

SWEETS, OR A SUCKA?
Yummy Mummy vs. Booker T

Call your cable or satellite provider today!

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Dec 15, 2014

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

CaptainYesterday posted:

World Championship Wrestling proudly presents the Great American Bash '97!

FOR THE WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
"Macho Man" Randy Savage vs. King Steven Regal

THE REMATCH OF THE DECADE
Hulk Hogan vs. J. Brian Warrior

BATS, LADDERS, AND TABLES FOR THE WCW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
The Outsiders (c) vs. the Thrillseekers (somehow) vs. Ric Flair & Sting

FOR THE NUMBER ONE CONTENDERSHIP TO THE WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Meng vs. Rick Steiner

RAVEN'S RULES
Team X-treme vs. the Nation of Domination

FOR THE WCW CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Alex Wright (c) vs. Madusa vs. Rey Misterio, Jr.

GUARANTEED SHOW-STOPPER
Chris Benoit vs. the Great Muta

CAN MORTIS BE SAVED?
Mortis, Wrath, and One Man Gang vs. Glacier, Shinya Hashimoto, and Road Warrior Hawk

SWEETS, OR A SUCKA?
Yummy Mummy vs. Booker T

THIS JUST IN: WCW Commissioner Rick Rude plans to announce an exciting new competition!

Call your cable or satellite provider today!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

NewJack420 posted:

Just got back from the ECW Arena after an intense show! The main event I can't even describe, Jesus it was a trip. Wish they were closer to me at the Hammerstein again, they were selling it out, but I guess they're running the ECW Arena again.

Anyway, the show started and holy poo poo! Shane Douglas was here! Paul E. said he wouldn't be in the ring for a looong time! Shane Douglas came gingerly down the ramp, in obvious pain, but he was trying not to show it. He slowly climbed into the ring with the crowd cheering. "I don't need your drat sympathy, or anyone else's. Not after I kicked Terry Funk's rear end!" He paused to soak up the cheers. "I'm not going to lie, I am busted up. They say I shouldn't be walking. But The Franchise does not let the ECW fans down. I never have, and I never will."

"I've held this ECW World Heavyweight Championship for over a year now. I've taken on everyone from cowboys to psychopaths and nobody's been able to take it from me. I'm not about to let a little knee problem stop me from doing what I do best: Being the best goddamn professional wrestler on the planet. If anyone on the planet is badass enough to think otherwise, I invite them to come to the ECW Arena and see just what the best professional wrestler in the world can do. I'll demonstrate it personally."

But wait, what's this on the Gordontron? It's got a picture of this guy in a black, white, and red lucha mask holding about a million title belts from around the world! Why, that's gotta be the Great Sasuke, one of the greatest wrestlers in the world! He runs Michinoku Pro Wrestling, one of the biggest promotions in Japan! He's even got two Prograps five-star matches to his name (of course everyone knows they overrate Japanese matches...)! Is he coming here!?

He started speaking Japanese. I couldn't understand him, other than saying "ECW" and "Shane Douglas" over and over, then started speaking in, uh, slow English. "I think ECW is #1 company of USA and Shane Douglas is totally #1 of ECW. My company, Michinoku Pro Wrestling is #1 company of Japan and I know I am #1 of Michinoku Pro Wrestling. Shane Douglas, I come for your title next."

It continued with a short highlight reel of him in M-Pro and around the world, particularly showing off his impressive finishing move, the Michinoku Driver. Nobody gets up from the Michinoku Driver.

===

So for the first match we had Brian Lawler and Lance Diamond in the ring. The team of D'Lo Brown and Bobby Walker were their opponents. Strangely, Al Snow was out at the commentary table but... wasn't really saying anything. He was just watching intently.

Brian Lawler started out in the ring against Bobby Walker. Lawler and Walker locked up, with Lawler getting the advantage with his mat wrestling skills. Walker clawed away though over to his corner to make the tag to D'Lo! D'Lo gave Lawler a pair of flying shoulder tackles to take the maximum advantage of his chest protector. Lawler got up and dropkicked him right in the chest, sending him falling back to his corner with Lance Diamond!

Lawler made the tag and they double-teamed D'Lo, the high-flying Lawler landing a split-legged moonsault off the top rope and rolling out followed up by Lance Diamond stomping him in the corner. D'Lo got up to try to run over to Walker but Diamond cut him off with a bulldog! He tried to set up the armbar in the middle of the ring but D'Lo was able to roll through somehow and kick Diamond away! D'Lo made the tag to Bobby Walker as Diamond tagged Lawler back in!

Walker clotheslined Brian Lawler, picked him up, and gave him a powerful press slam! Walker climbed the turnbuckle while Lawler was getting up... Walker flew to land his Quittin' Time headbutt... but Lawler superkicked him in midair, holy poo poo! Lawler picked up Bobby Walker and gave him the full nelson facebuster! 1, 2, 3, it's over! Brian Lawler beats Bobby Walker with the full nelson facebuster!

Match was... okay, but paled in comparison to the rest of the card. They looked pretty sloppy.

===

And now it's the Gigolo, Jimmy Del Ray taking on one half of Flash N' Kash, Flash Funk! Kid Kash was in his corner. Jimmy Del Ray was dancing and looked like someone's gross uncle. Well, they've been going at it since back in the SMW days so this should be pretty good.

Flash Funk and Jimmy Del Ray started off brawling, with the much younger Funk having the speed advantage, dodging Jimmy's forearms and hitting a clothesline to knock him down! Del Ray got right back up to his feet and superkicked Flash Funk right in the face! Kid Kash was pounding the apron to get Flash Funk back in it, the referee told him to stay in his corner.

It continued like that for a while. Jimmy Del Ray did an impressive flapjack of the big Flash Funk, then went for the cover, only getting 2. Flash Funk rolled outside. Jimmy Del Ray started doing his little belly jiggle dance in the ring, dear God. Kid Kash handed Flash Funk a chair and pointed at Del Ray. Flash Funk ran in and hit Del Ray right across the back with the folding chair! Then he gave him a DDT while he was recoiling and covered him! 1, 2, NO! Only 2!

Funk climbed up the turnbuckle but Del Ray made it to his feet and shook the ropes, crotching Flash Funk! Del Ray followed him up and grabbed Flash Funk... he got him up and landed a powerful superplex! Del Ray climbed to the top rope one more time to finish him off. Kid Kash ran over to stop him, but Del Ray kicked him and he flew into the guardrail! Jimmy Del Ray leapt backwards and crashed right onto Flash Funk, hooking the leg as he landed! 1, 2, 3, Jimmy Del Ray beats Flash Funk with the Moonsault Body Press!

Hey, this match was pretty good, better than the last match by far.

===

We cut to Adam Copeland standing in front of the big ECW sign. "Hey, if Paul E. wants to stack it so I can't go after the big title, that's his problem. But Brian Lee, you made it your problem last week when you took me out of that reverse battle royal. Don't try to hide it, I know you were targeting me. Don't like what I had to say? Too drat bad. Brian, you've held the television title for how long, and you've defended it how many times? Once, and it was against New Jack? Oh man, I'm soooo afraid of the big Bulldozer!

"You cost me a title shot and they don't just hand those out like candy. You think you're the big man on campus, Mister Prime Time Neon Lee-on? You're gonna be Prime Time Joe Theismann when I'm through with you! To me, you're a 7 foot tall wannabe biker--" He held up a bright orange hanky from the floor. "--well, maybe not wannabe." Copeland held it to the camera, 'BRIAN' and a phone number written on the tag. "I don't... quite remember what this one means. Maybe you can enlighten me?"

"Anyway," said Copeland as he threw it over his shoulder, "I'm calling you out. Whether you want to answer or not and prove you've got what it takes to go up against real competition, that's up to you."

Brian Lee saw this on the Gordontron and screamed at the referee, the crowd, and anyone in earshot. "Adam Copeland, you rear end in a top hat! I don't care what you think about me or my title, I'll take on anyone! You! Tell them to send someone out here to wrestle me! I'll kick his rear end! I'll put my title up for it tonight!" The referee announced that the following match was now for the ECW TV Title!

Music hit and the high-flying Hayabusa ran down the ramp to take on the Bulldozer, pointing at him all the way down the ramp! I love this guy! Hayabusa springboarded himself into the ring, rolling and standing up right in front of him! He's not afraid of the Bulldozer, either! He gave a mighty yell and hit Lee with a knife edge chop... but it didn't affect Lee at all! He came off the ropes and tried to give him a clothesline... but Lee stood there unaffected. Lee just laughed and gave Hayabusa (who was 170 pounds soaking wet) a scoop slam.

Hayabusa impressed the crowd with an immediate kip-up, taking Lee off guard with a headscissors takedown that finally sent Brian Lee flying. Hayabusa kept up the fast-paced offense by springboarding off the ropes and landing his corkscrew senton onto Lee! He went for the cover, but the Bulldozer quickly kicked out and went to the outside to recover. Hayabusa wouldn't let him, flying through the middle rope like a missile at Lee! He slammed into Lee who fell back against the guardrail... but Lee had his hand around Hayabusa's neck! He raised him up and threw him down with a powerful chokeslam onto the concrete! That's why they call it high-risk offense.

Lee took control of the match throwing Hayabusa into the apron, into the stairs, all over the place. He whipped Hayabusa into the guardrail and gave him a splash that made him fall to the ground. Lee threw Hayabusa into the ring and covered him, only getting 2! He still had some fight left in him it seemed.

Hayabusa kipped up again, Lee going for a clothesline. Hayabusa ducked it and dropkicked Lee! Lee quickly turned around right into a martial arts spinning heel kick that sent him to the ground! Hayabusa climbed to the top rope to finish him off! Hayabusa went for the Phoenix Splash, his 450 corkscrew... BUT LEE GOT HIS KNEES UP! Hayabusa was writhing and grabbing his stomach! Lee got up to his feet and picked Hayabusa up, turning him upside down... and gave him a tombstone piledriver! He covered Hayabusa, 1, 2, 3. Brian Lee beats Hayabusa with the Tombstone Piledriver.

Another fun match, but their timing just seemed off through the whole thing so it wasn't as good as it should have been. I don't think they work well together.

===

The main event match is going to be a murder, cause it's Tommy Dreamer against my boy New Jack! New Jack was smart and was the first one to make it out of the reverse battle royal by swinging a barbed wire chair at everyone until they let him through, but he only made it out of the battle royal as the #4 seed. Tommy Dreamer was worn down from battling with Al Snow twice in one night and got thrown out to be the #5 seed. To make it to Kurt Angle at ECW International Incident, he's got to beat New Jack, Pitbull #1, Pitbull A, and Masato Tanaka!

New Jack came down to the ring with his trash can full of weapons, dumping it in the ring and then swinging the trash can itself at Dreamer! Dreamer was able to grab hold of it and tossed it out of the ring. New Jack and Tommy Dreamer started into brawling with forearms and elbows until New Jack kicked Dreamer in the balls and DDTed him onto a folding chair! That's what I'm talking about!

The awesome New Jack went outside and under the ring to grab something that wasn't in his trash can... a ring of barbed wire! Dreamer was getting up from the chair DDT, New Jack shoved him back down to the ground and straddled him. He wrapped the barbed wire around his fist and started punching Dreamer's head! He raked the barbed wire across Dreamer's forehead! Dreamer was a bloody mess already!

New Jack got off Dreamer and climbed up the turnbuckle. The barbed wire assault woke Dreamer up and he kicked a chair into position and followed New Jack up! Dreamer and New Jack traded blows, then Dreamer got New Jack up and superplexed him right onto the folding chair! He went for the cover but New Jack kicked out. Disgusted, Dreamer also went to the outside while New Jack was down. He grabbed A TABLE and set it up in a corner against the turnbuckle.

Dreamer picked New Jack up for a powerbomb but New Jack struggled out of it, going back to punching Dreamer with the barbed wire he still had on his fist until he went down to his knees. His fist was cut up pretty bad as well. New Jack unwrapped his wrist and went under the ring. He searched under there until he found a 15" TV plugged in down there showing the camera feed? The gently caress's that about? I guess technicians use it, or the announcers if their table gets smashed?

New Jack looked at himself in the TV for a while, admiring himself and doing a little dancing to Natural Born Killaz while Dreamer was down. New Jack saw Dreamer getting up and hopped into the ring. He ran at Dreamer with the TV, but the cables went taut about a third of the way across the ring. New Jack yelled "gently caress it!" and charged across the ring... BUT THE POWER CABLE SNAPPED AND THE TV loving EXPLODED! New Jack's blinded! He's blinded and down on the ground! What the gently caress!?

Dreamer rushed over and put New Jack's head between his legs and raised him up onto his shoulders! Dreamer ran at the table, raising up New Jack even higher! He yelled, "Hey, Kurt Angle! This is gonna be you!" and HIT A SICK ELEVATED RUNNING POWERBOMB INTO THE TABLE! That killed him! He covered New Jack and there's no question about it! 1, 2, 3!
Tommy Dreamer beats New Jack with an elevated running powerbomb into a table!

A good match? Not really, but HOLY poo poo DID YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENED TO NEW JACK! I mean you expect a little more out of an ECW main event but THAT WAS loving AWESOME. Still, uh, I've got to rate this show an E-C-(D+)UB.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Dec 15, 2014

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

...you deserve that D+ :colbert:

But Tommy Dreamer won a match against New Jack and so I will forgive you.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Shotgun Saturday Night posted:

Vic Venom and Scotty Bollea announce a Tag Title Handicap Match tonight! If Scotty and 3-Count defeat LoV, then Immortal gets to Freebird the titles. Jimmy Hart accepts.

Joanna squashes a jobber

Liger pretape. He says even though he's still a little injured from In Your House 16, he'll take on Box Office Bossman and become King Of The Ring!

Nishimura vs Marc Mero, Nishimura wins

3 Man Power Trip video package.

"Whatever stipulation Bret Hart picks, I'm whippin' his candy rear end in his own drat home country and gettin' that #1 Contendership!"
"Yeah, and I'm gonna show Owen who the real King of the WWF is!"
"And Hunter-HUNTER! MAKE OUT ON YOUR OWN drat TIME!"
"Oh, yeah, yeah. I'm gonna win the King Of The Ring tournament, with Joanna here right by my side!"

Okada vs URSUS, Okada pins with the Rainmaker

Goldust/Fucktrain/Warrior video package, going over all the people Goldust has beaten in his WWF Title reign(Owen, Undertaker, Mankind) and the fact that Fucktrain seems to have gone into business for himself instead of working for Ted DiBiase's interests. "I didn't do it for Ted DiBiase, I did it for the Fucktrain!"
GOLDUST VS FUCKTRAIN VS WARRIOR
KING OF THE RING - THREE WAY DANCE

LoV defeat 3-Count and Scotty Bollea in a 4-on-2 Handicap match when Venom botches interference

Two Jobbers make an entrance, taunting Henry, sitting on each other's shoulders and glowering.

Pan-Am: Mark Henry Squashes 2 jobbers back to back. The graphic shows 37 and 38 for the streak, and 10 and 11 for the pan-am streak

I Before E fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Dec 15, 2014

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Reminder that Okada is now 1-0 against Bears, making him half as good as Daniel Bryan.

RavenFeatherPillow posted:

Spoilers from WCW Worldwide

Kimberly Page cuts a sexy promo hyping her man Nick Lovin', says he makes all the girls wish they all could be California Girls.

Nick Lovin' defeats Jobber, this time with a two-knee gutbuster

Video Package: Ric Flair and Sting with Baseball Bats, The Outsiders with a Ladder, the Thrillseekers with a table, overlaid by Christians speech about WCW talent being the best in the world

Public Enemy defeats State Parole with the Drive By sans table

Pretape of Great Muta, who is in a darkened room. He has one of his training dummies, and this one has Benoit's tights on it! He repeats the same four words: "Wild Pegasus! Fight me!" Every time he does he hits the dummy with another brutal strike, and eventually starts literally kicking the head and arms off the target. Once the dummy is in splinters, he turns to the camera, and repeats one last time: "Wild Pegasus. WE! FIGHT! SUNDAY!" He spits Green Mist right onto the lens to end the segment.

The Eric Bischoff Show on Worldwide! Eric interviews Too Cold Scorpio, Sabu and RVD. They look forward to another Raven's Rules match and putting down the Nation's hateful ways once and for all.

Video Package: Steven Regal's promo about being the King and the rightful champion overlays his brutal attacks on Savage, Luger and others over the last year.

Brian James intros James Maritato in typical LADIES AND GENTLEMEN fashion.

Glacier defeats James Maritato in a real back and forth affair, but the Cryon Bomb seals it.

Video Package: Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Lawyer trade insults and coked out promos over the last several weeks! A huge collision is imminent!

Raven vs Robbie Brookside for the TV Championship. Raven goes over with the Evenflow.

The crowd is still pretty cold on the matches in this show even with Raven and the TV title around, but the talking segments help a lot and the video recaps help keep you up to date on the storylines. Not great, but could have been worse. Can't wait for GAB!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Sanguinia posted:

...you deserve that D+ :colbert:

it was a dare, don't blame me

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

I don't blame you. I blame society. :smith:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

I don't blame you. I blame society. :smith:

Aw bullshit, you're a white suburban punk just like me.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I Before E posted:

White suburban punks are the best at blaming society. Or was that white suburban soccer moms.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

White suburban punks are the best at blaming society. Or was that white suburban soccer moms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKIaS0lh-uo

Way to blow the line, rear end in a top hat.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I Before E posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKIaS0lh-uo

I need to watch more movies, I always do this :smith:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Joel Gertner posted:

Well, well, well... only three men stand between gold and Dreamer, or at least till Kurt Angle breaks his femur. He ran down New Jack like a beemer, or like your mom who I know's a screamer! 'Cause I'm the quintessential studmuffin, the Sexual Intellectual, Joel, 'Better with MSG than a pu pu platter... and I know because I make my own batter... out of what's left of me and your sister's splatter...' Gertner. ECW Hardcore TV, Thursday night at 9 on the MSG Network.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

I need to watch more movies, I always do this :smith:

Repo Man is so good, and I've been meaning to run it in PSP-TV one of these days.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I Before E posted:

Sanguinia posted:

I Before E posted:

Don't worry Niel, I knew what you were talking about.

Plate of shrimp.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

Plate of shrimp.

I'd rather we didn't use shoot names, okay?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Fixed that for you.

Luigi Thirty posted:

The time rift opened, I saw the end to TLCS and I knew we had to recreate it.

I loving hated TLCS

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Fixed that for you.

The life of a repo man is always intense.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Bring back the Repo Man. Doesn't need to be the same one, just anyone as Repo Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

KungFu Grip posted:

Bring back the Repo Man. Doesn't need to be the same one, just anyone as Repo Man.

We have this Adam Pearce.

• Locked thread