Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sathzur
Nov 19, 2009
I have now posted my santee's present they should be recieving it soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Amazon tells me my santees should be receiving all or part of their respective gifts this Thursday. I wait with bated breath.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thank you for the Hillfolk and Blood on the Snow books, Secret Santa! Also the weirdly specific children's book :v:

I might take pictures later when my phone isn't dead.

On another note, worry not Secret Santee! Your new fedora will arrive any day now~

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Tollymain posted:

On another note, worry not Secret Santee! Your new fedora will arrive any day now~

My notes say your Santee received their gift already. Can you double-check?

...perhaps on page 11 of this thread?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's a joke

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh. I don't get it. :shrug:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a fedora is the worst secret santa gift i can think of ok

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Tollymain posted:

IT'S A TRILBY JEEZ

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Tollymain posted:

A fedora full of weevils?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

A Dreamcast full of bugs.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
A box of rocks that you have to pay import tax on.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I sent a bag of dicks one year.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

neongrey posted:

were they suckable?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Actually yes, I knitted a dice bag and got a bouquet of novelty dick suckers to stick inside. Also some dice.

But that sort of ruins the fun of 'I once mailed someone a bag of dicks for Christmas'.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Supreme Court posted:

A box of rocks spiders that you have to pay import tax on.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

http://www.flukerfarms.com/live-hissing-cockroaches.aspx

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

No lie, I would not be disappointed to get some hissers for Christmas. :3:

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Next year lets just have a Secret Krampus and try to inflict as much pain on the recipient as possible

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I do that all year round when I post, though.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

grassy gnoll posted:

I do that all year round when I post, though.

I know, fellow bad poster, but now you can bring physical pain too.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

neongrey posted:

Tekopo posted:

were they suckable?

You know, MY first thought was why didn't we hear about this penis chopping madman on the news.....

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
give dick-chopping a (flared) chance

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
drat. I completely forgot about this bieng a thing every year.

Gonna keep track in case there is a FORCE LIGHTNING ROUND later this week.

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer
I got two cool presents today!

and

Thanks still-secret santa and RJhamiz!

I honestly never expected a book on mantis-husbandry in the mail but having it in hand, I am pleased. Also the Borges book looks like a blast to read, 'monster manual' indeed.

also tollymain i hope that you enjoy hillfolk but there wasn't supposed to be a children's book in there so uh, bonus gift! i probably picked it up by accident while packing things at my parents' house.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Druggeddwarf posted:

drat. I completely forgot about this bieng a thing every year.

Gonna keep track in case there is a FORCE LIGHTNING ROUND later this week.

LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 3 is currently open! In fact, it currently has only two goons in it, so if it's going to happen at all, we need at least one more.

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
Oh goody!

Gift Preferences: So, at the moment I genuinely don't know what I want for christmas, but I am a huge RPG nerd. I don't know what's cool at the moment, but I want to keep costs at a minimum, so surprise me. I'm a big fan of narrative based games (really into the Firefly rpg book I got recently) so just get me something you think is awesome and I'll be cool with it.
Failing that, honestly, my steam account is Druggeddwarf. Get me something on my steam wish list. That will be just as cool too as I am refraining from buying anything there for christmas to save money this year. Plus, that's an instant present. Save money on transport costs!

Location: London, England. (Please let someone in the lightning round be fairly close, my poor bank balance)

Solemm Vow: Two years without grinching. I'm planning on making it a third. If I do not you have every right to call me a slacker and a jerk. And I will deserve it.

Druggeddwarf fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 12, 2014

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
I'm gonna wait until I send out my current santee's gifts to sign up for the Lightning Round 3, so if signups are still up on Monday I'll do it then.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spincut posted:

I'm gonna wait until I send out my current santee's gifts to sign up for the Lightning Round 3, so if signups are still up on Monday I'll do it then.

The round should have closed yesterday, but we only had two goons in it. I can hold it open till Monday at the latest, if you promise to sign up!

This is going to be the last lightning bonus round this year, because running a fourth would put us too close to christmas for reasonable shipping costs.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

The round should have closed yesterday, but we only had two goons in it. I can hold it open till Monday at the latest, if you promise to sign up!

This is going to be the last lightning bonus round this year, because running a fourth would put us too close to christmas for reasonable shipping costs.

I promise to sign up on Monday!

Well, I could sign up today, but I won't be able to get prezzies out until Monday.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spincut posted:

I promise to sign up on Monday!

Well, I could sign up today, but I won't be able to get prezzies out until Monday.

As with the main round, you have to get prezzies to arrive berfore xmas: when you send them is your own prerogative.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Okay, well, I'll sign up for Round 3, then!

Gift preferences are here and slightly edited. I'll send you an email.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

neongrey posted:

I received a bag of dicks one year. It was a good present!

Also I had mailed my santee a MEGADONG the previous year so it was fitting.

I will be signing up for lightning round 3 too!

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

occamsnailfile posted:

I got two cool presents today!

and

Thanks still-secret santa and RJhamiz!

I honestly never expected a book on mantis-husbandry in the mail but having it in hand, I am pleased. Also the Borges book looks like a blast to read, 'monster manual' indeed.

also tollymain i hope that you enjoy hillfolk but there wasn't supposed to be a children's book in there so uh, bonus gift! i probably picked it up by accident while packing things at my parents' house.

You're welcome! I can only claim responsibility for the mantis book, unfortunately. I wasn't 100% sure you'd be down for mantises so there is a second gift from me that will arrive in a week or two, a "just in case" present.

Also sign me up for the bonus round! I am down for more gift giving.

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer

Rhjamiz posted:

You're welcome! I can only claim responsibility for the mantis book, unfortunately. I wasn't 100% sure you'd be down for mantises so there is a second gift from me that will arrive in a week or two, a "just in case" present.

Also sign me up for the bonus round! I am down for more gift giving.

I like books about wildlife and real 'monsters' too. I should probably have put that in my original post, since that kinda thing is okay, it is just less nerdy.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
So I got a package in the mail today!

As is tradition, I have photographed it next to a cat.

So, what did I receive from VintageGameWorld.com?

No, seriously, what the hell did I get from Vintage Game World?

Whatever it is, those people on the back of the box are excited about it. Or screaming in fear and terror, even chance of either, really.

Richard Little's VCR Charades Game is a game of solo charades! By slotting the included cassette (something our primative ape-like ancestors used before the invention of civilization) into a Video Cassette Recorder, I can have the brilliant Richard Little appear in my very living room and entertain me as if I had associates. Simply time how long it takes me to figure out what book, movie, celebrity, or other notable noun Mr. Little is acting out on the television, and then compare my performance against that of the Pro Team, who's scores are in the back of the instruction manual. Will I move my little plastic pawn further around the board than my mysterious antagonists have? I imagine this is what going to a party would be like!

Also you can play this game cooperatively if you happen to have friends.

Fortunately, I have a VCR already attached to my television, and several Goons will be attending a holiday get-together on Sunday! They will get to enjoy a rousing game of Richard Little's VCR Charades Game, and we'll see how we perform against the scores of the mysterious Professional Charades Team. With two hours of pre-recorded Charades gameplay by luminary Richard Little, I'm certain our mastery of 1985 America will be stretched to the breaking point!

Also I got one of the first RPGs ever made, Cyborg Commando. You can tell it's from the early days, because Gary Gygax is involved and his name hasn't been deified and enlarged yet. In fact, Cyborg Commando wasn't quite the first product Gygax was involved with--the production values are pretty good, as the boxed set comes with not only two ten sided dice, but they're pre-inked. No scribbling on a blank polyhedron with a crayon here! This is a fine addition to my collection of RPG ephemera that even other nerds slightly lean away from.

Thank you, Santa!

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Holy poo poo, that is an amazing and horrifying gift package.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Glad you like it! Rich Little was the saddest, loneliest product I had ever seen, so I felt I needed to give it an appreciative home.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Mors Rattus posted:

Glad you like it! Rich Little was the saddest, loneliest product I had ever seen, so I felt I needed to give it an appreciative home.

Oh, you haven't heard the last of Richard Little's VCR Charades Game, I can assure you.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Holy poo poo, I would play the hell out of Rich Little's VCR Charades Game. I'm a little jealous, actually...

... but not that jealous, because I got a rad package today! Pics will be posted once they get uploaded off my boyfriend's phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

I haff reeived a package today!

The box was WET... but thankfully the contents were not damaged.

Game of Thrones RPG and The Last Banquet!

... now I only have to wonder where the heck I'm going to get 25 people to play this with.

Sadly I lack cats to take pictures with :(

• Locked thread