Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Not for nothing but If you work with those groups then I can't imagine the department is too wild about one of their employees spouting off about their plans on internet forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

DJExile posted:

Not for nothing but If you work with those groups then I can't imagine the department is too wild about one of their employees spouting off about their plans on internet forums.

They don't know a thing. At a big institution like that the only people who are privy to the situation are the AD and their search firm. Coaches that are literally on their staff right this minute don't know what's going on, but I'm sure all-pro sign-maker AsInHowe has the inside scoops.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

They don't know a thing. At a big institution like that the only people who are privy to the situation are the AD and their search firm. Coaches that are literally on their staff right this minute don't know what's going on, but I'm sure all-pro sign-maker AsInHowe has the inside scoops.

Oh I don't disagree. I was basically calling him on it in a different way.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I can attest to this. Like even here at WVU, which is small compared to something like Michigan usually only a few people know what's actually going on when a search or something happens until they're ready to start leaking information out.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

MourningView posted:

I shrug and maybe go get some frozen yogurt or something, I dunno.

gently caress all this other bullshit, WHAT FLAVOR. WE NEED TO KNOW.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I can attest to this. Like even here at WVU, which is small compared to something like Michigan usually only a few people know what's actually going on when a search or something happens until they're ready to start leaking information out.

Basically as you get to larger and larger places the possibility of leaks goes further and further down. Like at MAC and Sunbelt schools you can get poo poo pretty early and often if you care enough to ask around, either due to people not knowing when they should keep their lips shut or just unprofessionalism. At a place like Michigan you're not getting reliable information from anybody or anything.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Unless you're the idiot chief marketing officer, then you just say whatever dumb loving garbage comes to mind.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Basically as you get to larger and larger places the possibility of leaks goes further and further down. Like at MAC and Sunbelt schools you can get poo poo pretty early and often if you care enough to ask around, either due to people not knowing when they should keep their lips shut or just unprofessionalism. At a place like Michigan you're not getting reliable information from anybody or anything.

Umm excuse me, but who are you to question his high-level sources at the Zingerman's cash register. Very rude imo. He's basically got a direct line to the AD and you are being extremely disrespectful.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
It's like I'm proclaiming victory over advertising creep inside the stadium experience or something

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I am pretty sure even Harbaugh doesn't know where he's coaching next year.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
I don't get why you guys all have your panties in a twist and are mad at AsInHowe. The most reasonable and logical course is Jim Harbaugh for all parties involved. Saying that he's the most likely candidate is like saying Hillary Clinton will get the Democratic nomination for president in 2016. We don't know for sure, but all signs point to that happening.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

BigBoss posted:

Saying that he's the most likely candidate

That's not what he said. He said this:

AsInHowe posted:

Jim Harbaugh will be the next head coach at Michigan

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I made a lot of friends with boosters so I basically know everything that's going on, to the point where the two rival camps in the athletic department leaked me a lot of stuff trashing each other.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

If AsInHowe had any decent sources he's probably not the first person that those sources would be leaking stuff to

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Kim Jong Il posted:

I made a lot of friends with boosters so I basically know everything that's going on, to the point where the two rival camps in the athletic department leaked me a lot of stuff trashing each other.

In my experience most boosters have zero idea what's going on at any real program.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Declan MacManus posted:

If AsInHowe had any decent sources he's probably not the first person that those sources would be leaking stuff to

Maybe Howe is best friends with Jim, ever think of that????

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Declan MacManus posted:

There's plenty of guys talking about it, but either not publishing or simply mentioning it indirectly.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I wonder why??????

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Brandon and Brady are my biffles

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

No friend of Brandon will ever be invited to MY birthday party :colbert:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
To me, it all comes down to the fact that Michigan is taking a relatively long time to make a hiring decision, which I think has two explanations-

1. They have a handshake agreement for Harbaugh, but can't act until his NFL season is done.
2. The Michigan athletic department has absolutely no idea what it's doing in this search.

And honestly, after what we've seen that second option isn't too far out there. To steer the conversation away from wild speculation and dogpiling, do we know anything new about how Michigan is going to fill its AD slot? It seems like a bad way to reset your football chain of command by getting a coach and then hoping to get an AD with whom he gets along, especially since a good chunk of the "Harbaugh leaving the 49ers" talk comes from his clashes with upper management there.

E:

Neodoomium posted:

No friend of Brandon will ever be invited to MY birthday party :colbert:

My brother is interning in the AD's IT department, and the head of IT who hired my brother used to work with my mom. Apparently Brandon treated him and his wife really well and would invite them to dinner parties/fundraisers all the time, so he was pretty bummed out when Brandon got fired otherwise I'd be trying to get actual hot scoops out of him.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 13, 2014

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

C-Euro posted:

To me, it all comes down to the fact that Michigan is taking a relatively long time to make a hiring decision, which I think has two explanations-

1. They have a handshake agreement for Harbaugh, but can't act until his NFL season is done.
2. The Michigan athletic department has absolutely no idea what it's doing in this search.

And honestly, after what we've seen that second option isn't too far out there. To steer the conversation away from wild speculation and dogpiling, do we know anything new about how Michigan is going to fill its AD slot? It seems like a bad way to reset your football chain of command by getting a coach and then hoping to get an AD with whom he gets along, especially since a good chunk of the "Harbaugh leaving the 49ers" talk comes from his clashes with upper management there.

If Harbaugh comes, I suspect he gets to pick the AD.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Deteriorata posted:

If Harbaugh comes, I suspect he gets to pick the AD.

Letting your brand-new football coach pick your AD seems really dangerous and almost condescending to the other athletic programs at the university. Then again, an athletic department vesting too much power into its football program is nothing new and certainly not a problem isolated to Michigan. If that's the case I would hope that Harbaugh at least talks to some of the other coaches or athletic personnel for their input, but I'm skeptical as to if he would do that.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The AD is likely going to be Brad Bates (friend of Harbaugh) after Hackett (friend of the Harbaugh family) is gone.

uncle wrinkles
May 27, 2006

WOW I AM A SHITTY POST COOL HUH

C-Euro posted:

Letting your brand-new football coach pick your AD seems really dangerous and almost condescending to the other athletic programs at the university.

At the end of the day, speaking broadly, football is the institutional parasite whose revenues (when applicable) feed the "other athletic program" hyperparasites.

So yeah, maybe it could be taken as condescending, but exactly what are the other programs going to do - move to L.A.?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

In my experience most boosters have zero idea what's going on at any real program.

Anyone using privileged information to win an argument is a goober anyhow too, which makes me doubt them anyhow because they're trying to win an argument. That's why I keep my lips shut when arguing about the topics I have the inside info on. That and the part where I'd go to prison. Or at least have to pay such a huge fine that I'd wish I was just in prison.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

AsInHowe posted:

The AD is likely going to be Brad Bates (friend of Harbaugh) after Hackett (friend of the Harbaugh family) is gone.

:allears:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Lmbo

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

AsInHowe posted:

Are you willing to toxx yourself on this?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

AsInHowe posted:

Considering how great of a guy Denard is, and how universally beloved he is, this is going to be a fun day of crapping on an old Brandon hire.

Also, Michigan has had a whole bunch of different logos. http://hooverstreetrag.blogspot.com/2010/08/michigan-logos-primer.html 150 years, my rear end. (Actually, Michigan didn't start using the maize Block-M exclusively until the 2010-11 school year, when Denard was a sophomore.)

Dawwwww :3:

I might have to make this a new avatar.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I dig that 1922 one.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Aubergine Mage posted:

Are you willing to toxx yourself on this?

does it matter MV is banning him if Harbaugh isn't the HC either way

Trot_to_Trotsky
Dec 9, 2000
Must... Destroy... Capitalism...
Grimey Drawer
If my alumni dollars carry any weight, I would like AsInHowe to be the next coach of Michigan.

Please pass this along to Schlissel. Thanks.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Alouicious posted:

does it matter MV is banning him if Harbaugh isn't the HC either way

True, this was more of a just in case Harbaugh is hired thing. There's only so much smug a guy can handle.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Trot_to_Trotsky posted:

If my alumni dollars carry any weight, I would like AsInHowe to be the next coach of Michigan.

Please pass this along to Schlissel. Thanks.

The alumni association hosed up my membership and I had two UMIDs for a while. It took like 5 phone calls to get them to scrap the extra one.

Cool sticker for my car though

Feces Starship
Nov 11, 2008

in the great green room
goodnight moon
I haven't seen this discussed here yet - Sam Webb during the MGoBlog Roundtable on Thursday gave two lil nuggs of info that I thought were interesting:

(1) he is "very sure" that the "worst case scenario" is Les Miles, who - to his knowledge - will certainly come if asked; and
(2) Michigan has limited its list down to four guys.

We know the identity of three of those guys with good certainty:

1.) Jim Harbaugh
2.) Les Miles
3.) A Big Ten Coordinator (so that's got to be Herman, but I suppose it could be Narduzzi)
4.) ?

Who do you think that the fourth guy is? I don't think it's Mullen.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Feces Starship posted:

I haven't seen this discussed here yet - Sam Webb during the MGoBlog Roundtable on Thursday gave two lil nuggs of info that I thought were interesting:

(1) he is "very sure" that the "worst case scenario" is Les Miles, who - to his knowledge - will certainly come if asked; and

1.) Jim Harbaugh
2.) Les Miles
3.) A Big Ten Coordinator (so that's got to be Herman, but I suppose it could be Narduzzi)
4.) ?

1) Harbaugh

2) Harbaugh

3) Harbaugh

4) Mop handle with this hat on it.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Feces Starship posted:

1.) Jim Harbaugh
2.) Les Miles
4.) ?

Sam Webb is full of garbage. Sam Webb's job is to pretend to know things he doesn't so he can write paywalled articles. Sam Webb has Sean Peyton on his list of plausible candidates. Ignore Sam Webb.

Michigan has definitely reached out to Mullen, among others, but nobody on the outside knows who has reciprocated interest.

If I had to guess on a list, I'd say it's Harbaugh, Miles, Mullen, and Mora, but that is a drat optimistic list. I don't believe anyone who is reporting that Miles is a lock.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

By the way, if you really need evidence at this point to disregard FootballScoop as having any legitimate sources in this search:

quote:

One name that I truly haven’t heard from sources in Michigan; but I continue to hear from coaches is Joe Moglia at Coastal Carolina. A number of coaches I have spoken with feel Moglia might just be the perfect coach to invest in Michigan football. What he has done in his short time at Coastal has been awfully impressive. Will be interesting to see if the search firm suggests the same to Hackett.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Feces Starship posted:

(1) he is "very sure" that the "worst case scenario" is Les Miles, who - to his knowledge - will certainly come if asked;

:allears:

• Locked thread