Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

My name is Laurel Lance, and I'm an alcoholic. This isn't a voiceover, I just have a serious personal problem. Every day is a struggle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Xealot posted:

My name is Laurel Lance, and I'm an alcoholic. This isn't a voiceover, I just have a serious personal problem. Every day is a struggle.

I can see it now: Black Canary the Drunken Boxer!

Eddain
May 6, 2007
My name is Slade Wilson. Time to wake up, kid.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Eddain posted:

My name is Slade Wilson. Time to wake up, kid.

MY name is Slade Wilson. Oliver Queen is the Arrow.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

imperialparadox posted:

I think it would be pretty awesome if there was a show or comic who's entire premise was superpowers, but done realistically (meaning that if Superman punched you he would liquefy your face). Is there a comic like this?

Not a comic, but you abso-loving-lutely need to read Worm.

http://parahumans.wordpress.com/

It's the only realistic take on superheroes that I've seen that actually makes sense. And it's really drat good.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Boys is pretty good too.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

The Shortest Path posted:

Not a comic, but you abso-loving-lutely need to read Worm.

http://parahumans.wordpress.com/

It's the only realistic take on superheroes that I've seen that actually makes sense. And it's really drat good.

As a side-note, it's also really drat long. Also, around the end the plot kinda dies out. But it's still probably the best superhero-themed thing I've seen in a long time except maybe Empowered.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh hey would you look at that, I caught up on all three seasons of Arrow just in time for the mid-season break :negative:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
'Least it's only one month. You can watch Flash and/or AoS in the meantime too!

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Rocksicles posted:

The Boys is pretty good too.

He asked for realistic not a book where Nazi Superman's weakness is a crowbar.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well obviously i didn't read that and wanted to be included. Duh.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Windows 98 posted:

I will absolutely lose my poo poo if a Lazarus Pit Tommy saves Oliver and dumps him in a Lazarus Pit.

Quite frankly, my money is on this.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Senerio posted:

'Least it's only one month. You can watch Flash and/or AoS in the meantime too!

I've definitely been enjoying the Flash, it's not without its problems but it's even more unashamed about its comic book roots than Arrow is, and I love that.

That said, this season of Arrow included Ollie using a boxing glove arrow and it's hard to top that :allears:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He needs to use a boomerang arrow now, a magnet arrow, and at some point a melf's acid arrow.

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

Jerusalem posted:

I've definitely been enjoying the Flash, it's not without its problems but it's even more unashamed about its comic book roots than Arrow is, and I love that.

That said, this season of Arrow included Ollie using a boxing glove arrow and it's hard to top that :allears:

Flash had Grodd in the same week, I believe. It's a great time for comic book shows.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Technogeek posted:

My name is Quentin Lance. Nine months ago my city was nearly destroyed, and only the help of a vigilante in green known as the Arrow kept me from losing my daughter. Now he's missing, and instead I've got this kid in red who thinks he's just as good but isn't, some jackass in a tin suit, and a woman in black leather who really seems to be trying too hard.

Let's face it: if I'm going to keep this city from falling to pieces, I need help from someone else. I need help from...something else.

My name is Quentin Lance and I know Oliver Queen is the arrow. Secretly, I pretend not to know because I need plausible deniability.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

My name is Roy Harper. After 2 years and a half of not doing much, I've come home with only one goal: To have an actual role in this series. But to do so, I can't be the sidekick I once was. To honour my mentor's memory, I must become someone else. I must become...something else.

...that was meant to lead to the link but then I realized that it actually works oddly well for the Young Justice version of Roy.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Technogeek posted:

My name is Quentin Lance. Nine months ago my city was nearly destroyed, and only the help of a vigilante in green known as the Arrow kept me from losing my daughter. Now he's missing, and instead I've got this kid in red who thinks he's just as good but isn't, some jackass in a tin suit, and a woman in black leather who really seems to be trying too hard.

Let's face it: if I'm going to keep this city from falling to pieces, I need help from someone else. I need help from...something else.

Cuts to title card that reads "LANCE" superimposed over a half-finished bottle of whiskey.

I'd watch that show...

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

greatn posted:

He needs to use a boomerang arrow now, a magnet arrow, and at some point a melf's acid arrow.

They need to borrow a little bit from Marvel and have him give Felicity a USB arrow. One with 256megabytes of storage.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

They already had a hacking arrow. It was one of the first trick arrows he used on the show!

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Oliver has some sort of digital recording device arrow that he used in Season 1. So they pretty much already have that.

E:Beaten like a rich kid on a snowy mountain.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Didn't he have a none felicity designed wifi pineapple arrow? hacked that dudes bank account?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
My name is Captain Boomerang. The Arrow exiled me to a secret island prison. But a boomerang always COMES BACK.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I've been getting this vibe lately that the whole Hong Kong training thing is really a build up to the reveal that Oliver is actually an ARGUS agent. Intentionally sent in to protect the city and clean it up. Not just simply that he was trained by them and then decided to come home on his own at some point. It could tie in nicely with them trying to stop the earth quake machine in season one, and the list of names was actually given to him by ARGUS. He is pretty low on the totem poll and we see that he doesn't know why or who he is killing exactly during the training, so it would be fair to suspect he may have been lying it was his father's list and in actuality it was a list of names ARGUS gave him. He needed to wrap it up nicely with a bow for Diggle and anyone helping him so they wouldn't question a random list of names he is slowly ticking off. The emotional scenes and finding out that his mother was involved would have still been genuine, because as mentioned he probably had no idea what his end goal was because ARGUS kept him in the dark. Especially if they know Moira was involved. They couldn't get him to perform how they needed him to if he knew his mother was a target.

Season 2 arc is unrelated to ARGUS unless they still had Slade on their radar. But that seemed like a genuine break from something that ARGUS could be connected to running Oilver through. However, now with his own personal vendetta against Merlyn, and Sarah's killer, he would fit perfect for a mission from ARGUS to eventually take our Ra's. Maybe ARGUS has had the league and Ra's on their radar for a long time and finally things fell into place for them to use Oliver.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

jscolon2.0 posted:

My name is Captain Boomerang. The Arrow exiled me to a secret island prison. But a boomerang always COMES BACK.

If he does say a slight variation of this upon his inevitable return, the writers have failed (this city).

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm not sure he'd be an Argus agent if the last time he saw Waller before season 2 Ollie told her he'd kill of her ever saw her again.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Ollie is a good guy that people think is a bad guy. Flipping that would be good TV but it would be the death of the show. Or....he goes underground Batman Style. Ok I changed my mind.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Wait, that mountain was supposed to be in Nanda Parbat?

"You have 12 hours to put your affairs in order, then one hour to fly halfway around the world and climb a loving mountain?"

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Bruceski posted:

Wait, that mountain was supposed to be in Nanda Parbat?

"You have 12 hours to put your affairs in order, then one hour to fly halfway around the world and climb a loving mountain?"

No. It was a neutral location away from the League.

Barristicide
Sep 2, 2012

HERAK posted:

If he does say a slight variation of this upon his inevitable return, the writers have failed (this city).

Wait, there are people who want fewer boomerang puns?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
"My name is Laurel Lance. After five years without Oliver in Starling City, I have remained home with only one goal: drink all the booze in my city. Now others have joined my crusade, to them I'm Laurel Lance. To the rest of Starling city, I am someone else. I am... something else."

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Can I date Her?

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I'd be happy with a Felicity Smoak spin off show where she is just constantly getting called up by random heroes asking for a location on [villain]. And every time she's like, god drat it guys. Leave me alone or learn to use a computer yourself.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Windows 98 posted:

I'd be happy with a Felicity Smoak spin off show where she is just constantly getting called up by random heroes asking for a location on [villain]. And every time she's like, god drat it guys. Leave me alone or learn to use a computer yourself.

Either that or she charges them. 5 minutes on the Salmon Ladder while shirtless if you want a FBI database hacked.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Neo_Crimson posted:

Either that or she charges them. 5 minutes on the Salmon Ladder while shirtless if you want a FBI database hacked.

Tough luck, mister Jordan. I would say you better bulk up if your serious about finding Sinestro.

Scyantific posted:

No. It was a neutral location away from the League.

Which gives more credit to there being a Lazarus pit there. It's somewhere reasonably close in North America, but it's mentioned several times that it is on grounds sacred to the league.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

My name is Cisco Ramon. One year ago, a dark matter energy wave ripped through Central City and gave Barry Allen and other metahumans their powers. That night, I had a vibrating butt plug lodged up my rear end. Now, I work at STAR Labs with one goal: to help the Flash catch these metahumans before they threaten Central City. To do that, I must become someone else... I must become... something else.

I am... The Vibe.

wrong show?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

OptimusWang posted:

Eh, other than the brothers and Castiel, most people that died have stayed relatively dead. No idea about Vamp Diaries though.

e: My name is Malcolm Merlyn, and ever since I was cast as Captain Jack Harkness I've been chewing the scenery like a motherfucker.

TVD might be the bigger offender in the death department but it's also annoying how there are next to no real consequences on Supernatural.
Everything that happens to the brothers gets shrugged off almost immediately; they've died countless times, been demons, possessed, addicts, cursed, lost friends, lost family and they're carrying on like nothing happened.

I just really don't want Arrow to fall into this trap and also have death become meaningless, if using the Lazarus Pit does in fact make them lose bits of their sanity or humanity then I think I'd be somewhat alright.

I'd be even more relieved if it had a limited use.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

My name is Omar Little. 10 years ago poverty ripped through Baltimore and my life. Now I have the power of a shotgun, a big rear end revolver, and my name. Its Omar. I don't need no last name.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

My name is Nyssa al'Ghoul. Someone murdered my girlfriend and my dad killed the only person who knew the truth. Who took my Sara, I will find my Sara.

My name is Malcolm Merlyn. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Oh hey the Arrow thread got a lot of drat posts, let's check it ou-

:stare:

(Am I the only one halfway hoping for demented Ollie to come back with a musical episode where he sings crazily about being torn from death by a lazarus pit?)

• Locked thread