Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Hat Trick Thompson.

Both defences need to have a lie down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :captain eye pop

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Again, the defences in this game are pathetic

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013

iajanus posted:

Again, the defences in this game are pathetic

Don't care, I like seeing goals.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
How could you miss that handball? gently caress me sack all the refs, get scabs in from Asia.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Robo Captain posted:

Don't care, I like seeing goals.

same

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Not sure why you'd take Thompson off since he's tearing Sydney apart.

Also, these refs are ridiculous.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
why does the pitch get more orange further away from the camera?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
That could have been a pen.

Nah ran into him.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

lol good tackle from carle

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

MiniSune posted:

That could have been a pen.

Nah ran into him.

ran in to him trying to get to the ball, but would have been really harsh to give

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
gently caress, Berisha could have won it there.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bogan Krkic posted:

ran in to him trying to get to the ball, but would have been really harsh to give

yeah, good game though

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

gently caress me what a belter of a game. would have liked a win but still unbeaten is a solid record

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Bogan Krkic posted:

Would have been an incredible decision to give considering the attacker just ran into the back of a defender and fell over. Should have been a yellow card for an egregious dive, really.

Fair result, all round.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

iajanus posted:

egregious

quoting for a most excellent bill and ted reference

*twiddles guitar*

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Sydney were the better team by far tonight. Draw extremely generous to us. Great game though

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
gently caress, I was at Meredith all weekend and missed this poo poo, came back into signal this arvo to fifty billion missed calls and texts losing their poo poo about Archie

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
So WSW finally put aside all doubt that they are mercenary choke artists. What a horrible club

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Byolante posted:

So WSW finally put aside all doubt that they are mercenary choke artists. What a horrible club

I just watched the highlights, can't believe I missed the opportunity for making thousands of Toto puns

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Ironically, Auckland did better and made it to the quarter finals.

oceania > asia

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Robo Captain posted:

Ironically, Auckland did better and made it to the quarter finals.

oceania > asia

How come auckland play in a different league than wellington?

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Alex_R posted:

How come auckland play in a different league than wellington?

A league used to have an Auckland representative, the New Zealand/Auckland Knights FKA The Football Kingz. With a z. Not a typo. Only Heart/City have a worse record, narrowly edging out other heavyweights the Fury. Because they are in different confederations, Phoenix play very few competive matches against Auckland and usually come out on top, but if any Phoenix fans exist in the thread (or indeed the world) they will be able to tell you more

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I just realized I didn't bother to actually answer your question, but the reason is that they did have a team, it failed horrendously for a variety of reasons. In my opinion, Auckland should be back in the league with better management since history of on the road phoenix matches shows that the interest is there. As for why Auckland city isnlt already in the league, they may not want it (they are semi pro and travel has killed bigger semi pro teams before), but also that the AFC frowns on multiple countries sharing a league, particularly one with a rival confederation. The real question is why aren't New Zealand in the AFC, not necessarily why are Auckland.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
The last time the Nix played Auckland was in a preseason friendly last year which Auckland won iirc. There is a Wellington reserve/development team in the NZ league and they are doing ok so far.

There has been some talk about another Auckland team in the A league although I'm not actually sure how feasible it is as it lacks a decent stadium. Mt Eden is the obvious one but it would need to pull 12k+ crowds to break even, North Harbor is a ideal size but it is on the wrong size of the bridge and miles away from the rest of the city. Given that Auckland also supports the Warriors and Breakers I don't think there would be interest in a pro football team.

As to why we aren't in the AFC, I'm not sure. I think we would like to be but the AFC is massive already and I don't think they want to add anyone else, maybe if they split in east and west Asia but I really don't think that's going to happen.

E. Also the crowd at the game in Auckland vs ccm yesterday was pants, 11k when last season they got around 20k.

Robo Captain fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Dec 14, 2014

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Thanks, that explains a lot! Tongues; the first reply was great with a capital Z - robocaptain I can see how it's difficult with gate receipts / stadium logistics etc.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
It's great to see the house of cards finally crumbling at Western Sydney

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Mustafa posted:

It's great to see the house of cards finally crumbling at Western Sydney

Really enjoying paying out my friends who support them since they never shut up about how awesome they are.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

Really enjoying paying out my friends who support them since they never shut up about how awesome they are.

will never stop being true

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Everybody ready for Adelaide to lift the cup tonight? I certainly am.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Byolante posted:

will never stop being true

I also like how WSW casual group north gate is now organising events.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Everybody ready for Adelaide to lift the cup tonight? I certainly am.

This but Perth

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Alex_R posted:

This but Perth

Booooooooooo

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
FFA cup tonight muchachoes!!

Now hopefully both teams decide to leave the defence at home because I want goals tonight, I want a cricket score

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Perth have more silverware than us, it's only fair they let us win, I say.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

sorry but hyundai a league giants, perth city have been in my family for generations, you don't choose who to support, it gets handed down to you

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Fair enough, much in the same vein I'm drinking VB tonight (ptoiee) because it's all that's left in the house... and my Mum handed it down to me.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Mabil why did you not drill the poo poo out of that

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
yeah i was expecting a goal there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.