Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bww09nVyogs

God I laughed so hard when Yipes was doing this on Wednesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Good lord. I can't imagine the crowd at Crazy Horse after the tournament.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I wonder if the strippers will be doing SF cosplay specials.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Al Borland posted:

I wonder if the strippers will be doing SF cosplay specials.

YOU loving KNOW THEY WILL. I bet there are like 7 chun li's working TONIGHT

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER

http://www.yelp.com/biz/crazy-horse-gentlemens-club-san-francisco

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

AkumaHokoru posted:

YOU loving KNOW THEY WILL. I bet there are like 7 chun li's working TONIGHT

Lol I was thinking more along the lines of cammy. But hell thats gonna be one crazy and wild party.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Snake Eyez gonna walk in with all the money after winning

just kidding I picked Daigo over him in grand finals because I'm weak. This site is doing a pick 'em bracket for tomorrow. Don't know if there will be a leaderboard or anything. For my bracket, I couldn't bring myself to choose Nishikin or Chuchu in the first round but I did go Valmaster over Xian in the first round.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Nuckledu just seems so...out of place in this list of sharks. That isn't to say he's bad, but...well, what was the last tournament he even played?

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Prowler posted:

Nuckledu just seems so...out of place in this list of sharks. That isn't to say he's bad, but...well, what was the last tournament he even played?

Yeah if anything I'd say Nuckledu is the jobber out of the list, at least of the players I know. He barely makes Top 8s most of the time, and the fact that he's in it and not Smug, Pepeday, or even Dieminion is very disappointing

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I think Nuckledu is skilled and creative enough with his playstyle that he has at least a puncher's chance against anyone in that tournament, even the top seeds. Gotta remember that it's a 2/3 set, lots can happen.

That said, I wouldn't put my money on him.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Here's Nuckledu's recent history in tournaments, according to Shoryuken:

http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/player/byname/NuckleDu

He's not a favorite, but he's been consistent thru the year.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
http://www.maxoplata.net/fantasy/1017/gibbo

Here's my likely incredibly wrong guesses.

Yes I have JWong down to beat Daigo in RO16. My thoughts are he's getting sick of losing and has been putting in extra work specifically on that matchup in anticipation of this.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Manoueverable posted:

Yeah if anything I'd say Nuckledu is the jobber out of the list, at least of the players I know. He barely makes Top 8s most of the time, and the fact that he's in it and not Smug, Pepeday, or even Dieminion is very disappointing

What? Pepeday qualified like twice, he's one of the most In players.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Tae posted:

What? Pepeday qualified like twice, he's one of the most In players.
You are mistaken.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Wait, Canada Cup and TGS Capcom Tour didn't count?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Pepeday won the Tokyo Game Show tournament which gave points but not a guaranteed spot and Canada Cup which didn't give points. He didn't win at The Fall Classic, where he lost to the just-discussed Nuckledu in losers, or Dreamhack Winter which had guaranteed spots.

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

Prowler posted:

He is in, because he won 2 online tournaments. I think Gamerbee should have been in instead, but whatever. I hope Nuckledu causes some upsets.

Anyway, I'm trying to make my fantasy bracket and it's so hard. There are so many match-ups, that could go either way. So many possibilities.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Doggboat posted:

Gamerbee should have been in instead

What, a recognized high level player instead of some scrub from Florida? What do you think this is, a tournament people want to watch?

nuckledu is going to go out in 4 straight games. I'd be surprised if he even wins a round.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

lollllllll

quote:

Makayla - Beautiful Asian girl that avoids me to no end, which is strange since I've never gotten an ld from her.

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
Here's my bracket:
http://www.maxoplata.net/fantasy/1017/foodahn
1st: Daigo
2nd: Bonchan
3rd: Luffy
4th: Snake Eyes

Make yours here: http://www.maxoplata.net/fantasy
(requires free account)

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Where to begin?! Went there last night with a male friend. When we got to the door to pay we were charged $25 for him and $20 for me (but I got a bottle of water because I am a girl. What?! Why?) and we told them their website says Wednesday nights it is $20 per couple. They would not honor it. We should have just left but we went on in.
All nude so you could not buy drinks.
The place was sad. Theater seating and 2 poles and a thin carpeted red stage at the front. Décor was straight from the late 80's.
Here is where I am going to start talking about the girls and you may think I would be super critical because I am a female and we tend to judge. I have some background here as I used to own an adult entertainment company where I employed many dancers over the years and danced myself for a while. I have been to MANY strip clubs so I have a lot to compare last night's experience to.
Their outfits: They did not even try. They were wearing Victoria Secret bras and underwear that did not even match in most cases and not from the good lines- I am talking like the cheap crap from there. Their shoes were the platform stripper shoes and some were too high that the girls could not walk in them and it reminded me of KISS. Nothing attractive about their outfits.
While they were not the prettiest or had the best bodies- what got me was their attitudes and demeanor. NO enthusiasm at all. I mean, my friend and I were hoping to see a little bounce in their step. They all had the same pathetic 3 song routine where they came out at a snail's pace, no smiles and went through barely moving around. Their tips showed it, too as they were making like $20 a set and to be honest, based on their effort they were not worth even that. We had cash ready to be handed out and I could not in good conscience give any of them any money. They were not working for it!
They allowed the guys to touch them and even encouraged it. I guess it is easier to sit there and have the guy do the work than put any effort into actually dancing.
Despite there being 2 poles we saw no pole work. A couple of times the women would go to the poles and I would get all happy that someone might actually so something active but I was let down every time. They just used the pole to lean on.
The most movement they did is when they clicked their shoe heels. I think this might have been to get attention as people were drifting off.
They had a 2 girl act come up and they were pumping it up big time. So of would you would assume the two girls would interact. Nope. Two girls did not make eye contact much less go near each other. It may have required planning and energy.
Look- I am a woman and I can look past cellulite here and there and the pooch in the belly area- but if I saw these women on the beach in bathing suits I would not think they were above average. Throw in they all had tramp stamps and most had many tattoos (I am all for a nice tattoo but these were bad ink jobs) and I don't think any of them have ever seen a gym. If this is your job and you make a living at stripping you need to spend some time investing in your money maker!
The DJ said at least once every song for the audience to wake up. That is not a good sign. Instead of telling us to wake up he should have been telling the "entertainment" to actually dance and at least pretend to be happy to be there. From experience, even faking being happy and upbeat goes a long way with the audience. These women missed that memo.
I had never been to a strip club where between sets the stage was empty. For 5 minute stretches there was no activity at all.
The ladies (I can't even call them dancers as we saw no real dancing) were sitting in the chairs in the audience with their feet up and looking bored out of their minds. No idea what they needed to rest from.
I wanted to see outfits, sequins, routines, effort, happiness, smiles, fun and sexy. What was there was cheesy décor, horrible DJ who has to keep telling people to wake up and tip (even had to bribe people to tip with the chance to win football game tickets), the laziest strippers I have ever seen and the place would not even honor the special advertised on their website.
We did have a couple of these women come over to us and offer private lap dances and we got the offer of a happy ending for $140. So that is where they make their money I guess. Good for them but bad for the people who pay the cover charge to come in to see entertainment. If this is just a jack shack with the cover of being a strip club beware if you are going in there to see stripping. You will leave feeling let down and ripped off.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Spuckuk posted:

I really don't understand why people hate on Fei Long, when Ryu is just as dull and 9000 times more common, and watching a defensive Guile is less interesting than Marvel.

Because throwing fireballs is really dramatic and risky and also you're wrong, watching a competently played defensive fireball character versus a strong offensive character is actually really cool and exciting and the essence of street fighter.

Periodiko fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Dec 13, 2014

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
Someone's flatly guaranteeing that a "scrub" who took out Infiltration in two or three AE2012 tournaments will go out 0-2 0-2? Never change, stream monsters.

Looking at the way the brackets play out my top 4 is Infiltration, Momochi, Daigo and Nishikin. This tournament is too stacked to be confident about anything though.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Snake Eyez gonna bring it home. Or at least be in top 4 :ohdear:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Momochi is gonna win it all.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Mio Bison posted:

Someone's flatly guaranteeing that a "scrub" who took out Infiltration in two or three AE2012 tournaments will go out 0-2 0-2? Never change, stream monsters.

Looking at the way the brackets play out my top 4 is Infiltration, Momochi, Daigo and Nishikin. This tournament is too stacked to be confident about anything though.

Japanese players fly to NA, to play while jetlagged, in a hostile environment, for not enough money and loses. Big surprise?

Letting someone in to a huge cashpot tournament off a pair of ~online tournaments~ when there are much better players who missed out by only coming in second at qualifiers stacked with heavy talent, is just plain silly.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Gibbo posted:

Letting someone in to a huge cashpot tournament off a pair of ~online tournaments~ when there are much better players who missed out by only coming in second at qualifiers stacked with heavy talent, is just plain silly.

I agree with this.

That said, Nuckledu is a great player and I'm not at all upset about seeing him in the Capcom Cup. Whatever misgivings I have about Capcom's selection process, they've assembled a great field of talent and I think every single matchup tomorrow is too close to call.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Gibbo posted:

Japanese players fly to NA, to play while jetlagged, in a hostile environment, for not enough money and loses. Big surprise?

Boy you're a bad poster.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Gibbo posted:

why weren't the really good players on the online tournaments if they were so easy to enter

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

really though why is it 2/3

don't they have like the full day to do the dang thing?: it's a 16 man bracket right

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

The Warfield is a good venue ok (for shows, idk about nerd tourneys)

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Death Bot posted:

why weren't the really good players on the online tournaments if they were so easy to enter

I think a lot of NA players were really lazy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Death Bot posted:

I'm sure a Taiawn/American match will work so well with SF4's netcode, assuming it doesn't disconnect halfway.

There's also the issue that winning an online tournament is about the same as winning a real life tournament point-wise, which is super messed up for multiple reasons.

Tae fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Dec 13, 2014

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Tae posted:

I'm sure a Taiawn/American match will work so well with SF4's netcode, assuming it doesn't disconnect halfway.

There's also the issue that winning an online tournament is about the same as winning a real life tournament point-wise, which is super messed up for multiple reasons.

I agree and think that online tournaments shouldn't be weighted as heavily especially due to SF4's notoriously bad netcode, but knowing that this was the case, why weren't these tournaments "stacked with heavy talent" like offline ones?

Sometimes you gotta work within the lovely rules, and it's not like it would have been very hard to.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

Fereydun posted:

don't they have like the full day to do the dang thing?: it's a 16 man bracket right

I think I saw Haunts tweet that he mathed out the time and it wouldn't work.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
drat i'm fired up for capcom cup today

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

Mio Bison posted:

You could name any of the 16 players in your top4 and it wouldn't sound wrong to me.

My predictions: europe will do well, the american EGs won't and Daigo is going to win.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Fereydun posted:

they need time for shoutouts and sponsors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

interrodactyl posted:

they need time for shoutouts and sponsors

Also a halftime show for some reason (SF5?)

loving pumped for this. Ordered a pizza and about to go pick up some beer. I'm literally more excited for this than I am about Manzel playing tomorrow for my lovely Browns. I wish there was someplace to online tailgate for this.