Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Policenaut posted:

I'm kinda shocked at how fast it is to find games in Watch Dogs, I barely have to wait a minute before getting a new target for tailing (which is really fun too) and I'm always finding people to invade/being invaded by. I'm laughing my rear end off watching these people run circles desperately trying to find me when I'm just sleeping in a parked car on the side of the street, and they're right next to me. I had to save this video clip of a guy on a motorcycle who could probably physically see into my vehicle and somehow didn't notice me.
There must be an infusion of new players thanks to sales. That's how online started out but after a couple of months it had devolved into people camping out in some location outside of camera range waiting to kill you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Can my PS4 play media files from a flash drive as easily as my 360 did?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

What's your psn? I am always down for The Last Of Us.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

omg chael crash posted:

It can't play any media files from a flash drive right now. Now I think the web browser still works with plex so if you set that up and load up the webpage of the media server on your ps4 you can watch things.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

havenwaters posted:

It can't play any media files from a flash drive right now. Now I think the web browser still works with plex so if you set that up and load up the webpage of the media server on your ps4 you can watch things.

in a recent update apparently they added the ability to play music off a flash drive? but yeah, no video. Plex in the browser is your best bet but media streaming on PS4 in general is pretty bad and it can't do what the 360 or PS3 could

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Meowbot posted:

Anyone Know if there will happen to be ny sort of sale for the DS 4 around christmas? 60 bucks is a lot of money for a controller. What is the cheapest sale price they usually go for or have seen them sell for? I would buy one from craigslist but it may have like eggs and a broken key on it

They were $40 on Black Friday

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Meowbot posted:

Anyone Know if there will happen to be ny sort of sale for the DS 4 around christmas? 60 bucks is a lot of money for a controller. What is the cheapest sale price they usually go for or have seen them sell for? I would buy one from craigslist but it may have like eggs and a broken key on it

They were $30 at Sears yesterday. If you have one in the area and they're still on sale.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Meowbot posted:

There have been frequent sales lately. Download the Slick Deals app and set up a push alert for them.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

omg chael crash posted:

You can play music off a flash drive (MP3, MP4, M4A, and 3GP)
Open the USB music player to do so; your music has to be in a folder in the root directory named "music" on an exFAT or FAT32 formatted drive.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Watch_dogs is like Last of Us: an ugly game with really fun multiplayer and a lovely tacked on single player

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Policenaut posted:

I'm kinda shocked at how fast it is to find games in Watch Dogs, I barely have to wait a minute before getting a new target for tailing (which is really fun too) and I'm always finding people to invade/being invaded by. I'm laughing my rear end off watching these people run circles desperately trying to find me when I'm just sleeping in a parked car on the side of the street, and they're right next to me. I had to save this video clip of a guy on a motorcycle who could probably physically see into my vehicle and somehow didn't notice me.
I liked the Tailing most.
Because when you get bored you just load up into a Firetruck or other kind of truck and just ram the other player then play Keep Away. As long as you can see them your tailing percent rises, but they have to scan to identify you and trigger the Escape.
I managed to block someone in a store once too, that was fun to watch.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The best way to do it is cause chaos and make them deal with it. Blow poo poo up, get the cops involved. Laugh as you are hacking them while they get shot at.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

NESguerilla posted:

The best way to do it is cause chaos and make them deal with it. Blow poo poo up, get the cops involved. Laugh as you are hacking them while they get shot at.

Sometimes you don't have to because they trigger the cops themselves trying to find you.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Harlock posted:

They were $30 at Sears yesterday. If you have one in the area and they're still on sale.

Darn just checked and back to $57..

Walmart has an urban camo one for $50 bucks lol. That is really loving gay but I am only going to be using it for playing GBA/DS games anyways so I am already kinda gay in thefirst place.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Meowbot posted:

Darn just checked and back to $57..

Walmart has an urban camo one for $50 bucks lol. That is really loving gay but I am only going to be using it for playing GBA/DS games anyways so I am already kinda gay in thefirst place.

Redefining everything I thought I knew about homosexuality.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

level 49 of the new Geometry Wars is like possibly the most fun I've ever had playing a video game, wow

edit: not my video (or score :( )

http://youtu.be/4G3v6CNgryE

goferchan fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 13, 2014

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

goferchan posted:

level 49 of the new Geometry Wars is like possibly the most fun I've ever had playing a video game, wow

edit: not my video (or score :( )

http://youtu.be/4G3v6CNgryE

thats some fine clockwise circling there

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Gahd, I was ready to play Dragon Age this weekend, but that Orlesian Ball is the worst. That Favour counter is a mechanic so dumb only Bioware could have conceived it.

Hope I have enough Inventory space for all the phat lewt. :negative:

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

ufarn posted:

Gahd, I was ready to play Dragon Age this weekend, but that Orlesian Ball is the worst. That Favour counter is a mechanic so dumb only Bioware could have conceived it.

Hope I have enough Inventory space for all the phat lewt. :negative:

Oh my God I KNOW. I'm currently suffering through it myself. They give you like a million things to search for and won't let you search for half of it without lowerering your approval every minute. So I just stopped caring about approval all together.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

thats some fine clockwise circling there

bet that's what you would have told Eucilid when he discovered the golden ratio, too

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
the internet makes you stupid
I just impulsively purchased Strider :dance:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lol internet. posted:

it rules. gj.

goferchan posted:

bet that's what you would have told Eucilid when he discovered the golden ratio, too

drain water can move as it likes and nautili are free to roam the seas eternal but we're talking gaming ambrosia here

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Anyone had any luck with far cry coop? I can't get a single game to connect and when they do they immediately disconnect.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I'm trying right now and can't get anything. Was hoping to get my co-op trophies so I can plat this thing.

Gobble Snarf
May 27, 2014
That Plants vs Zombies shooter they gave away last weekend is actually super fun, and sorta scratches the itch that Monday Night Combat used to. I'm glad to have it on my system. :)

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

lol internet. posted:

Strider is an excellent game. It's only flaw being the lackluster remix of the main theme.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Strider kind of annoyed me at the start since there didn't seem to be any consistent way of avoiding damage so they just throw tons of health pick up's at you, but it gets better when you start getting upgrades.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bob A Feet posted:

Anyone had any luck with far cry coop? I can't get a single game to connect and when they do they immediately disconnect.

are you trying with randoms? bet if you post your PSN name in here you'll get a ton of people who will co-op with you, it's more fun that way anyway. I might not have time to play for a few days but it you wanna co-op next week sometime shoot me an invite at mattnotgeorge

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

So Capcom just showed off a little more of SFV, and announced that the pot for next year's Capcom Cup has increased thanks to Sony.

From $50k to $500k. :stare:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah, here ya go. Street Fighter 5 extended gameplay trailer and the first live match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay-IUE6WlAo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaW9YRcyBso

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wow they're really behind the Street Fighter thing 100%, huh? It's my understanding that instead of it being a case where they're slipping Capcom some cash for exclusitivity, instead they're basically bankrolling a game that wouldn't get made otherwise (like Nintendo and Bayonetta 2) so I guess I can get behind that.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Sony is going full on E-Sports with SFV.

$500k is HUGE.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

goferchan posted:

Wow they're really behind the Street Fighter thing 100%, huh? It's my understanding that instead of it being a case where they're slipping Capcom some cash for exclusitivity, instead they're basically bankrolling a game that wouldn't get made otherwise (like Nintendo and Bayonetta 2) so I guess I can get behind that.

With that and Bloodborne it looks like they're really trying to turn around the notion that the PS4 has no games.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

goferchan posted:

Capcom is in enough of a poo poo situation financially that something that is a hit, but not Monster Hunter big, isn't worth the risk for them when instead they could make like 1000 F2P mobile games instead and get a few big hits out of that.

It's the same reason Dead Rising 3 ever came into existence, so far as I can tell.

It has been funny seeing gamers go "you're telling me that Capcom couldn't afford to make this themselves?! HA! I don't believe that", ignoring the actual market reality the company actually exists in.

But yeah, Sony's going hardcore for the fighting game crowd this generation. The co-marketing deal with Mortal Kombat, having Guilty Gear Xrd exclusive, and now Street Fighter 5 exclusive and porting USF4 over. They want EVO to just be lines of PS4s wherever humanly possible. Hell, they even paid for an exclusive port of Injustice.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

goferchan posted:

I strongly doubt that. There's no way SFV wasn't getting made either way. I think it's far more likely that MS missed out due to their refusal to allow cross-platform play. That's why there's never been an Xbox version of FFXIV, and I doubt that Street Fighter V also being a PlayStation/PC-only game with cross-platform play is a coincidence.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

BreakAtmo posted:

I strongly doubt that. There's no way SFV wasn't getting made either way. I think it's far more likely that MS missed out due to their refusal to allow cross-platform play. That's why there's never been an Xbox version of FFXIV, and I doubt that Street Fighter V also being a PlayStation/PC-only game with cross-platform play is a coincidence.

Capcom was saying it wasn't going to be until like 2018 last year. Sony seems to have pushed it up a couple years

The Cameo posted:

But yeah, Sony's going hardcore for the fighting game crowd this generation. The co-marketing deal with Mortal Kombat, having Guilty Gear Xrd exclusive, and now Street Fighter 5 exclusive and porting USF4 over. They want EVO to just be lines of PS4s wherever humanly possible. Hell, they even paid for an exclusive port of Injustice.

To compare, Evo 2014's USFIV's pot was $29,790.

Capcom Cup's this year was $50,000 plus t-shirt sales bonus.

Capcom Cup next year is $500,000.

Sony is going balls deep.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Guilty Gear Xrd probably didn't have anything to do with Sony cashing out on it. The Japanese don't like Xbox, the only thing close to a fighting game community on Nintendo is Smash (which occupies its own little sphere), and Arc System Works has no idea how PC works, so they probably just stuck with what they knew with PS3 and hoped their built-in PS3 fanbase would also upgrade to PS4.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, here ya go. Street Fighter 5 extended gameplay trailer and the first live match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay-IUE6WlAo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaW9YRcyBso

Love the noodles on head thing so much.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

500k owns. Next capcom cup will be nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

goferchan posted:

are you trying with randoms? bet if you post your PSN name in here you'll get a ton of people who will co-op with you, it's more fun that way anyway. I might not have time to play for a few days but it you wanna co-op next week sometime shoot me an invite at mattnotgeorge

Sweet, thanks! Anyone can send me an invite at mtheard1989 for far cry, the last of us, garden warfare, or a ton of other games I'll either own or buy soon :)

• Locked thread