Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Suprfli6 posted:

What do you mean by rolling over at no-contract price? Their next phone upgrades would be more or something?

Yes, that's right. Apparently this is causing some bill shock for people who switched to the new plans and now when they want new phones they are surprised to see the bill go up after a device payment or upgrade pricing is applied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Suprfli6 posted:

Thanks for the breakdown. It looks like we're paying 100+10+10+10 for voice right now instead of what you listed though, any idea why that is? The voice plan is listed as SBATTFT9NAT2100R.

What do you mean by rolling over at no-contract price? Their next phone upgrades would be more or something?

Thanks for the assistance guys, it's a heck of a lot more straightforward than trying to piece this altogether myself.

Check your usage, you're on a high mins plan. You still can do the following options:

$60 for 700 mins
$80 for 1400 mins
$100 for 2100 mins

Let's be real here, any store rep will not go to the minutes as the first option. They have huge incentives to switch he plan. In your case neither option is terrible, but def do all the math and see what you want to do.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Hi, my girlfriend is currently on AT&T on a family plan and wants to switch to an individual plan and keep the same phone. I can't imagine that would be that difficult How does the pricing work? I can't find anything on AT&T's website that shows a discount available. Everything wants me to buy a new phone.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bob A Feet posted:

Hi, my girlfriend is currently on AT&T on a family plan and wants to switch to an individual plan and keep the same phone. I can't imagine that would be that difficult How does the pricing work? I can't find anything on AT&T's website that shows a discount available. Everything wants me to buy a new phone.
https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html#fbid=XWen6ODtG0N

You get a $15 discount per line for bring your own device plans under 10 GB and $25 for plans over.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Endless Mike posted:

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html#fbid=XWen6ODtG0N

You get a $15 discount per line for bring your own device plans under 10 GB and $25 for plans over.

Thank you!

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer
Any chance AT&T will try to compete with T-Mobile on the 4/$100 deal?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

adorai posted:

Any chance AT&T will try to compete with T-Mobile on the 4/$100 deal?

You can call *SAVE and ask. I doubt they'll price match to the tee. If they offer you a special promo let us know, I would be curious.

Edit: meant curious, not furious.

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Dec 11, 2014

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

Duckman2008 posted:

You can call *SAVE and ask. I doubt they'll price match to the tee. If they offer you a special promo let us know, I would be furious.
I'm not into asking for special consideration, I am mostly curious if anyone thinks they will offer it up as a normal promo. Why would that pricing promo make you furious?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

adorai posted:

I'm not into asking for special consideration, I am mostly curious if anyone thinks they will offer it up as a normal promo. Why would that pricing promo make you furious?

Lol that's a typo, I meant curious.

And no, ATT just won't have a normal plan that close to the TMobile one. If you get say, a 20% discount through work, it brings the equivalent $160 plan down to $140, but that is it unfortunately.

To future answer the question, the same is true so far of the $100 for 2 line plan they advertise.

Chocolatebuddha
Oct 15, 2007

Sweet Deity!
Ok so I have a horrible tale of confusion and misinformation and woe.

I currently have an old school unlimited data family plan that I share with my parents. We recently went to an att store looking to upgrade our phones and reup our plans. After about 5 refusals of the ATT Next plan the clerk told us that our 2 year contracts wouldn't actually be up for another 6 months. This was super weird to us, because we were pretty sure that we reupped in November two years ago.

So we did a little digging (couldn't find any receipts) but we did come up with some information that pointed to ATT being wrong. According to ATT the three phones on my plan, and an iPad data plan were all started on the same day.

We know for a fact 100% that the iPad was not purchased or activated on the same day as the phones.

So we know that either the iPad start date was incorrect or the phone start date was incorrect.

So I contacted att support and they asked where I purchased the iPad and for their number (it was a best buy) they told me they would contact them to figure out what happened and then call me back.

Well after a few hours I get a call back where the ATT employee told me that Best Buy confirmed that I bought the iPad and the phones at the same time at Best Buy. Which is totally false. We have never purchased a phone through a third party. We have always bought from the local ATT store.

Well in the time it took for them to call me back I went ahead and opened another support ticket. (They took hours and hours longer then they said they would to call back)

During this ticket I was escalated to a manager. I was told that because I didn't want to change my plan to NEXT there was nothing they could do but escalate my ticket further.

I was told that I would receive a call back in a few days, a day later I received a text that said I would get a call by the 10th.

I still have not received a call.

I understand that ATT is working with the information that they have in their system, and it directly contradicts what I am saying, but they are really close to losing an 8+ year customer over something as stupid as allowing me to upgrade a few months early.

I understand they are pushing NEXT really hard because they want unlimited data to go away, but I cannot honestly see the benefit of paying the full cost of a phone every time I want a new one. When my phone upgrading habits are every two years where I can get a new phone at a subsidized price.

Also the only thing that ties me to ATT is the unlimited data, without that they are just another lovely wireless company.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Chocolatebuddha posted:

I cannot honestly see the benefit of paying the full cost of a phone every time I want a new one.

This is the behavior that AT&T is trying to change, not unlimited data. They don't give two shits about how much data you use because they make so much money on that regardless.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Chocolatebuddha posted:

Ok so I have a horrible tale of confusion and misinformation and woe.

I currently have an old school unlimited data family plan that I share with my parents. We recently went to an att store looking to upgrade our phones and reup our plans. After about 5 refusals of the ATT Next plan the clerk told us that our 2 year contracts wouldn't actually be up for another 6 months. This was super weird to us, because we were pretty sure that we reupped in November two years ago.

So we did a little digging (couldn't find any receipts) but we did come up with some information that pointed to ATT being wrong. According to ATT the three phones on my plan, and an iPad data plan were all started on the same day.

We know for a fact 100% that the iPad was not purchased or activated on the same day as the phones.

So we know that either the iPad start date was incorrect or the phone start date was incorrect.

So I contacted att support and they asked where I purchased the iPad and for their number (it was a best buy) they told me they would contact them to figure out what happened and then call me back.

Well after a few hours I get a call back where the ATT employee told me that Best Buy confirmed that I bought the iPad and the phones at the same time at Best Buy. Which is totally false. We have never purchased a phone through a third party. We have always bought from the local ATT store.

Well in the time it took for them to call me back I went ahead and opened another support ticket. (They took hours and hours longer then they said they would to call back)

During this ticket I was escalated to a manager. I was told that because I didn't want to change my plan to NEXT there was nothing they could do but escalate my ticket further.

I was told that I would receive a call back in a few days, a day later I received a text that said I would get a call by the 10th.

I still have not received a call.

I understand that ATT is working with the information that they have in their system, and it directly contradicts what I am saying, but they are really close to losing an 8+ year customer over something as stupid as allowing me to upgrade a few months early.

I understand they are pushing NEXT really hard because they want unlimited data to go away, but I cannot honestly see the benefit of paying the full cost of a phone every time I want a new one. When my phone upgrading habits are every two years where I can get a new phone at a subsidized price.

Also the only thing that ties me to ATT is the unlimited data, without that they are just another lovely wireless company.

So there are a few things here. I can't give you a full answer without looking at your account, and I just won't pull up accounts unless you are in my store unfortunately (so if you happen to live in East PA come see me).

Contract scenario: this is pretty simple: either the contracts were upgrade in Nov 2012 like you are thinking, or you legit upgraded a bit later and have a remaining 6 months on contract. If it's the latter (legit 6 months) stores cannot override that. You can dial *SAVE and see if they will, but to be completely fair, the contract isn't over yet. AT&T is not obligated to give an early upgrade.

If it's an error, that's different. The way to verify the error is really just for the person to page through the notes. If you have receipts that certainly helps. If purchased through a company store any company store can see the receipts. Managers do have the ability to change contract dates, but again, it has to be a valid reason.

Honestly, getting an iPad later wouldn't affect the phone contracts, so I would not just assume they are giving you a run around. That being said, certainly they have big incentives to push you towards next, so sometimes it does result in subpar customer service because they'll stop trying quicker.

You need to find all paperwork you can, stop by a company store (maybe a different one), and have them page through the contract dates with you. And my recommendation: tell the company store "I just need info, and I'll buy from Apple or Best Buy." That will make them much more willing to help, and honestly it would be a nice thing to do on your part to reward them for helping you.

FYI the goal on Next is basically just under 100%, so it gets down to the wire quickly for stores. For better or worse.

nimper posted:

This is the behavior that AT&T is trying to change, not unlimited data. They don't give two shits about how much data you use because they make so much money on that regardless.

This is a good explanation. I'm stealing it.

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 11, 2014

Chocolatebuddha
Oct 15, 2007

Sweet Deity!

Duckman2008 posted:

So there are a few things here. I can't give you a full answer without looking at your account, and I just won't pull up accounts unless you are in my store unfortunately (so if you happen to live in East PA come see me).

Contract scenario: this is pretty simple: either the contracts were upgrade in Nov 2012 like you are thinking, or you legit upgraded a bit later and have a remaining 6 months on contract. If it's the latter (legit 6 months) stores cannot override that. You can dial *SAVE and see if they will, but to be completely fair, the contract isn't over yet. AT&T is not obligated to give an early upgrade.

If it's an error, that's different. The way to verify the error is really just for the person to page through the notes. If you have receipts that certainly helps. If purchased through a company store any company store can see the receipts. Managers do have the ability to change contract dates, but again, it has to be a valid reason.

Honestly, getting an iPad later wouldn't affect the phone contracts, so I would not just assume they are giving you a run around. That being said, certainly they have big incentives to push you towards next, so sometimes it does result in subpar customer service because they'll stop trying quicker.

You need to find all paperwork you can, stop by a company store (maybe a different one), and have them page through the contract dates with you. And my recommendation: tell the company store "I just need info, and I'll buy from Apple or Best Buy." That will make them much more willing to help, and honestly it would be a nice thing to do on your part to reward them for helping you.

FYI the goal on Next is basically just under 100%, so it gets down to the wire quickly for stores. For better or worse.

This is a good explanation. I'm stealing it.

So why does the iPad show the contract start date at the same time as the phone contract start date? They are two different contracts that were started at different times. One of them has to be wrong.

I appreciate your help, unfortunately I only have one "ATT store" in the area.

Is *save the only avenue I have left?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Chocolatebuddha posted:

So why does the iPad show the contract start date at the same time as the phone contract start date? They are two different contracts that were started at different times. One of them has to be wrong.

I appreciate your help, unfortunately I only have one "ATT store" in the area.

Is *save the only avenue I have left?

I would dial save. See what they can do.

Avenues you have are save, customer care or company store. Any in theory can fix it. It's just getting the issue addressed. I would really focus on whomever you talk to on investigating the contract dates, and focus on that vs upgrading. Once they fix it, you'll either be able to upgrade or not upgrade.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

Chocolatebuddha posted:

I understand they are pushing NEXT really hard because they want unlimited data to go away, but I cannot honestly see the benefit of paying the full cost of a phone every time I want a new one. When my phone upgrading habits are every two years where I can get a new phone at a subsidized price. company.
They are pushing NEXT because T-Mobile hosed them on perception. Do the math, your new phone is not going to cost you any more on NEXT than it would with a "subsidy", because you are getting $25 off per month. I know the specifics of the iPhone 6+ because my wife just bought one. The NEXT price is an additional $33 per month. This comes to $792 over 24 months. If we would have signed a 2 year agreement and bought it "subsidized" it would have been $199 up front, plus my bill would have been $25/mo more for service. That comes to $799 over the life of the contract. I don't see any reason to not purchase it with NEXT, it's cheaper and has a lower up front cost.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

adorai posted:

They are pushing NEXT because T-Mobile hosed them on perception. Do the math, your new phone is not going to cost you any more on NEXT than it would with a "subsidy", because you are getting $25 off per month. I know the specifics of the iPhone 6+ because my wife just bought one. The NEXT price is an additional $33 per month. This comes to $792 over 24 months. If we would have signed a 2 year agreement and bought it "subsidized" it would have been $199 up front, plus my bill would have been $25/mo more for service. That comes to $799 over the life of the contract. I don't see any reason to not purchase it with NEXT, it's cheaper and has a lower up front cost.

This man adorai understands the system. Listen to this man

Chocolatebuddha
Oct 15, 2007

Sweet Deity!

adorai posted:

Except that price difference doesn't make up for the loss of my unlimited data.

What I mean to say is that despite if that particular gripe (subsidized vs monthly) is null. The point of contention is the fact I want to keep my unlimited and if I have to lose it in order to upgrade in a timely manner (phone is completely worn out) why would I continue to pick ATT when they have consistently provided horrible customer service. (Aside from you guys who have been frank and much more helpful in all aspects)

It's just a strange dynamic for me, because the only other company that has been this much of a stonewall to me has been my ISP, but the difference there is that they have an actual monopoly.

Chocolatebuddha fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Dec 12, 2014

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Chocolatebuddha posted:

What I mean to say is that despite if that particular gripe (subsidized vs monthly) is null. The point of contention is the fact I want to keep my unlimited and if I have to lose it in order to upgrade in a timely manner (phone is completely worn out) why would I continue to pick ATT when they have consistently provided horrible customer service. (Aside from you guys who have been frank and much more helpful in all aspects)

It's just a strange dynamic for me, because the only other company that has been this much of a stonewall to me has been my ISP, but the difference there is that they have an actual monopoly.

Well, except unlimited data = we will throttle the poo poo out of you if you actually use it.

It sucks, but I couldn't find any compelling reason to hold onto it in the face of what the new plans offer. :(

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Chocolatebuddha posted:

AT&T is weird with customer service. I legit see scenarios that happen to the customers benefit where even I'm like "yeah they should have been told no." Other times it's blatantly customer fuckery and it's just nothing you can do about it. I'll certainly be biased, but I don't see customer service as worse than the other providers. Where AT&T messes up is on specific scenarios that they just won't bend on, and AT&T goes in cycles where they put s huge amount of pressure on something, with the result of poor customer service. Right now it's huge pressure on Next, so customers who still want w two year contract are getting poor service as a result (this guy wants a two year contract so gently caress it, etc).

I think the question of why pick AT&T is always valid, and always something that is the responsibility on the employee end to live up to.

Chocolatebuddha
Oct 15, 2007

Sweet Deity!
In your honest opinion do you think the FTC lawsuit will cause a change in the unlimited data throttling?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

In their complaint, the FTC suggested a couple of acceptable options:

* One alternative would involve Defendant requiring existing unlimited data customers to switch to a tiered data plan at renewal.
* Another alternative would involve Defendant introducing its throttling program at renewal, with disclosures at point of sale.
* Yet other alternatives might include limited, narrowly tailored throttling programs that are consistent with Defendant’s contracts, advertising, and other public disclosures.

The first two would unthrottle the current plans, but only until renewal.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

smackfu posted:

Theoretically, you never have to renew your contract, correct?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

smackfu posted:

In their complaint, the FTC suggested a couple of acceptable options:

* One alternative would involve Defendant requiring existing unlimited data customers to switch to a tiered data plan at renewal.
* Another alternative would involve Defendant introducing its throttling program at renewal, with disclosures at point of sale.
* Yet other alternatives might include limited, narrowly tailored throttling programs that are consistent with Defendant’s contracts, advertising, and other public disclosures.

I thought the throttling was in the terms and conditions already when people signed, but i guess maybe it isn't clear.

Chocolatebuddha
Oct 15, 2007

Sweet Deity!

Duckman2008 posted:

I thought the throttling was in the terms and conditions already when people signed, but i guess maybe it isn't clear.

I think thats the sticking point. the FTC claim that the use of the word "unlimited" confuses the consumer on what they are actually sigining.

ATT reps that helped talk me through this stuff. Is there anyway I can give you a good review or something?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Chocolatebuddha posted:

I think thats the sticking point. the FTC claim that the use of the word "unlimited" confuses the consumer on what they are actually sigining.

ATT reps that helped talk me through this stuff. Is there anyway I can give you a good review or something?

Thanks, but Please don't actually. It's against our terms and conditions to help online, so it wouldn't be a good thing for us. I don't mind helping here because I genuinely enjoy it. That probably makes me insane, but it works for me.

Chocolatebuddha
Oct 15, 2007

Sweet Deity!

Duckman2008 posted:

Thanks, but Please don't actually. It's against our terms and conditions to help online, so it wouldn't be a good thing for us. I don't mind helping here because I genuinely enjoy it. That probably makes me insane, but it works for me.

Yeah I had a feeling

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

I don't know that it was originally. I sort of remember that unlimited was actually unlimited for a while before they started throttling.

It's also possible that no one I knew was hitting the cap and at the time 5 gb was a ridiculous amount of data.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

GoodBee posted:

I don't know that it was originally. I sort of remember that unlimited was actually unlimited for a while before they started throttling.

It's also possible that no one I knew was hitting the cap and at the time 5 gb was a ridiculous amount of data.

No, it was originally unlimited, but they have been throttling for 3+ years I think. My whole thing is I just think the lawsuit is years late, at this point everyone has known for a while that it gets throttled.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

No, it was originally unlimited, but they have been throttling for 3+ years I think. My whole thing is I just think the lawsuit is years late, at this point everyone has known for a while that it gets throttled.

True, everyone is aware of the throttling now but was it actually possible to sign a contract for unlimited but throttled after 5 gb? Did they stop offering unlimited and then start throttling the old plans? I'm not of the timeline on this.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

GoodBee posted:

Did they stop offering unlimited and then start throttling the old plans?

Yeah, pretty much.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

yeah they've been throttling for a while. I wouldn't mind if they didn't slow you to unbearable speeds

Dradien
Jun 24, 2005
Ask me about shrimp.

Duckman2008 posted:

Where about in East PA are you?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dradien posted:

Where about in East PA are you?

I'm not going to post a specific location, but close to Philly.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I want to reduce my phone bill, and this seems like the place to ask. Right now we have two iPhones, one with "unlimited" data that has now been throttled, and one with a 3gb plan. Both have an a bunch of minutes/texts that we hardly ever reach the limit for. According to the website, they can give us a 10gb plan with unlimited talk/text, saving about $50/mo. There's some wording on the website that I find weird, though:

quote:

What you should know when you upgrade your smartphone(s)
If you upgrade to a new 2-year wireless contract, you will not receive the Mobile Share Value monthly discounts of $15 on plans lower than 10GB, or $25 on 10GB or higher plans. To receive the monthly discount, upgrade with AT&T NextSM, bring your own smartphone, or pay full price for your new smartphone.

So if I upgraded my phone with a standard contract, I'd lose the $50/mo savings altogether, correct? If I wanted a new phone next year, I would need to go through Next. Assuming that the pricing stays the same, a 64gb iPhone 7 would cost me about $25, which would take the place of the savings.

And of course, if I opt for the standard 2 year contract option, I have to pay the $199 upgrade fee on a new phone and would lose the $25/mo savings.

Do I have all of that correct? Just wanted to make sure I understand the details before doing anything.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
The bottom line is there is zero incentive and a lot of disincentives to signing a 2-year contract now. It is all but obsoleted.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

EC posted:

I want to reduce my phone bill, and this seems like the place to ask. Right now we have two iPhones, one with "unlimited" data that has now been throttled, and one with a 3gb plan. Both have an a bunch of minutes/texts that we hardly ever reach the limit for. According to the website, they can give us a 10gb plan with unlimited talk/text, saving about $50/mo. There's some wording on the website that I find weird, though:

So if I upgraded my phone with a standard contract, I'd lose the $50/mo savings altogether, correct? If I wanted a new phone next year, I would need to go through Next. Assuming that the pricing stays the same, a 64gb iPhone 7 would cost me about $25, which would take the place of the savings.

And of course, if I opt for the standard 2 year contract option, I have to pay the $199 upgrade fee on a new phone and would lose the $25/mo savings.

Do I have all of that correct? Just wanted to make sure I understand the details before doing anything.
Or you can buy a phone outright and keep your discount.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

EC posted:

Correct, to add to it it they basically lower your plan by $50ish but you lose discounted phones. It tends to still be a bit cheaper, and if you upgrade slower you just keep the lower plan. Not a bad option for you guys.

If you switch, call or stop by a store, see if they'll give you the 15GB plan for the same rate. The promo ended last month, but it's still on the system. Mileage will vary on who will offer it.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

"It's not the size of the tower. It's the motion of the airwaves."
Lipstick Apathy

Duckman2008 posted:

Correct, to add to it it they basically lower your plan by $50ish but you lose discounted phones. It tends to still be a bit cheaper, and if you upgrade slower you just keep the lower plan. Not a bad option for you guys.

If you switch, call or stop by a store, see if they'll give you the 15GB plan for the same rate. The promo ended last month, but it's still on the system. Mileage will vary on who will offer it.

The 15gb isn't being audited? I would have been offering that to everyone!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

adorai posted:

Or you can buy a phone outright and keep your discount.
It costs the same as using NEXT since it's just a 0% interest loan which you'd be pretty foolish not to take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I have to ask how many people who worry about their 'unlimited' data actually use a ton of data? My wife has had 'unlimited' data for years and never ever wanted to give it up, the thing is she's never used more than 2GB in any month and her 3 month average is around 1.3GB. Her mom also had unlimited, and rarely uses 600MB a month.

Moved them from their old 700 min family plan with 2 lines (70), 2 lines of 'unlimited data' (60), family messaging unlimited (30) to a mobile share plan and saved a ton of money every month.

Personally I like how AT&T Next is divorcing the cell phone cost from the plan cost. People don't realize they're buying 700 to 900 dollar pocket computers, that can also make phone calls and these things cost a poo poo ton of money. Next actually works out pretty well for someone like my wife. She wants a new iPhone whenever they come out. Her standard 2 year upgrade price on a iPhone 6+ 64GB was going to be about 480 out of pocket (399, + taxes and fees), and then an extra 25 a month on the 2 year contract. Her Next 12 payment is 42.50 a month, and she can trade in after 12 months for a guaranteed 340 dollar trade in value. If it's worth more, we'll sell it ourselves, if not, we trade it in. Her 1 year out of pocket is about the same in both scenarios.