Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Fried Sushi posted:

If you don't mind having to update your hotbar manually each time you respec it should be practical. You can buy an unlock so you can respec anywhere and I think subscribers can respec for free.

Alrightie. I do plan to resub, as I found the free-but-previously-subbed version too irritating.

The active goon guild is Imperial side Jedi Covenant, correct?

Now I have to decide whether to play Inquisitor or Bounty Hunter. I like healing, and those are the two Imperial classes I haven't played yet.

Did they add any new companions or contents thereof since vanilla?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
They added Treek, an ewok that can tank/heal as an unlock able companion for anyone

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Blhue posted:

They added Treek, an ewok that can tank/heal as an unlock able companion for anyone

I wasn't talking about Treek or HK-51. I don't find either of them interesting or funny from the videos I looked up, so I have no plans to get them unless I find myself with a surfeit of cartel coins or credits.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
HK has a questline, not a credit cost.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

HK has a questline, not a credit cost.

For the first unlock. After that you can pay to unlock him on other toons without doing the quest

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Cythereal posted:

I wasn't talking about Treek or HK-51. I don't find either of them interesting or funny from the videos I looked up, so I have no plans to get them unless I find myself with a surfeit of cartel coins or credits.

Treek is a little teddy bear of death, whats not to love?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

hobbesmaster posted:

Treek is a little teddy bear of death, whats not to love?

I'm an inveterate goody two-shoes. :(

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Well she can heal you if thats what you want to do. But then you don't see her gap closer. Its a hang glider.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Cythereal posted:

I'm an inveterate goody two-shoes. :(

If you are doing sith inquisitor, please do yourself a favour and be a comic book evil villain that strangle puppies and eat kitties. Lot's of great conversations, if you count [shock] as a conversation. You even get to shock someone several times into helping you, then kill him as a reward. They made you over the top evil, and you should enjoy it.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009
Can someone confirm if transferring pvp comms via stronghold label still works?

Also, are there non lettered 186 mod crafting recipies? I swear I only saw the 36a versions but no 36.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Stan S. Stanman posted:

I thought they fixed that loophole in the last patch? The notes for it were basically just one line saying that PvP vendor items were all made BoP right?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

So, I bought some in game money. 9.99 worth. And I'm still not preferred status. Is this normal? I thought if you spent more than 4.99 you got preferred.

Edit: Never mind, rebooting fixes all things. So, uh, how bout those Jedis? They're pretty dumb huh.

CainFortea fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Dec 14, 2014

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

CainFortea posted:

So, I bought some in game money. 9.99 worth. And I'm still not preferred status. Is this normal? I thought if you spent more than 4.99 you got preferred.

Click a referral link (like this one here) and you'll get preferred status, along with possible free stuff (free transfer, free cargo bay unlock, etc)

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Nah use mine since Medullah already has the mount and crap and I want it. :(

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

WarLocke posted:

I thought they fixed that loophole in the last patch? The notes for it were basically just one line saying that PvP vendor items were all made BoP right?

No.. Stronghold lables still work. Definitely used it to mooch off one of my lesser played characters that had been saving up blasters.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
So I just used a referral link to get my only higher leveled character over to Jedi Covenant... and it actually cost me Cartel Coins. Had a little fund saved up from having a security key on the account for so long, and it just swiped 1800 of it. I should be able to yell at support about this, right?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dunno-Lars posted:

If you are doing sith inquisitor, please do yourself a favour and be a comic book evil villain that strangle puppies and eat kitties. Lot's of great conversations, if you count [shock] as a conversation. You even get to shock someone several times into helping you, then kill him as a reward. They made you over the top evil, and you should enjoy it.

Alas, I'm leaning towards bounty hunter instead.

Downloading the game on origin now, I'll see what I can dust off.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

JazzPaws posted:

Contemplating that myself, my subscription lapsed by one day, lost two guilds and some fucker robs the bank, so took a long break...

Hold on, what exactly happen if your subscription lapses? You get kicked out of guilds?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

FYI guild membership is at 497 this morning.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Hulk Smash! posted:

FYI guild membership is at 497 this morning.

I see it jump up and down constantly. Are there weekly purges or something?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

pentyne posted:

I see it jump up and down constantly. Are there weekly purges or something?

When we get closer to 500, one of us will go through and delete people who haven't logged on in a while

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

Stan S. Stanman posted:

Also, are there non lettered 186 mod crafting recipies? I swear I only saw the 36a versions but no 36.

Definitely still works. I've got a level 1 IA holding 8k work of WZ comms currently.

admiral.baby
May 1, 2009

Dunno-Lars posted:

I kind of liked the "ex slave" story as a launching point to make a light-side Sith assassin.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

So I unlocked the Samovan Bann kingpin bounty on Coruscant today and holy poo poo he kicked the poo poo out of me and Bowdaar. :stare:

I'm kind of hoping it's a gearing thing (I'm 43 and both characters have level ~35 mods in their gear) so I guess I'll hit the fleet, pull Treek out and fit her with up-to-date mods and try again...

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

WarLocke posted:

So I unlocked the Samovan Bann kingpin bounty on Coruscant today and holy poo poo he kicked the poo poo out of me and Bowdaar. :stare:

I'm kind of hoping it's a gearing thing (I'm 43 and both characters have level ~35 mods in their gear) so I guess I'll hit the fleet, pull Treek out and fit her with up-to-date mods and try again...

Kingpins are meant for groups (unless they changed something since I last did them) and scale to the highest-level person, so yeah being undergeared didn't help but ultimately it's probably always going to be a pain without at least one other person. Some of them are definitely more soloable than others though.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

WarLocke posted:

Going Sawbones and letting Risha chip away would be the easiest.

But yeah whatever you do don't use a Tank companion, they're worthless and are basically just sub-optimal DPS companions.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Going Sawbones and letting Risha chip away would be the easiest.

But yeah whatever you do don't use a Tank companion, they're worthless and are basically just sub-optimal DPS companions.

My problem is I haven't even got Risha yet (I'm on Tatooine story-wise, so I have Corso, Bowdaar, the ship droid and Treek).

I am actually Sawbones spec, but he mulched through Bowdaar anyway. Hopefully it was a gearing issue, will try it again later.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

WarLocke posted:

My problem is I haven't even got Risha yet (I'm on Tatooine story-wise, so I have Corso, Bowdaar, the ship droid and Treek).

I am actually Sawbones spec, but he mulched through Bowdaar anyway. Hopefully it was a gearing issue, will try it again later.

If you log on now I can help you out, I'm killing time on my Shadow for about 30 minutes.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Medullah posted:

If you log on now I can help you out, I'm killing time on my Shadow for about 30 minutes.

Oh snap, logging in now

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

pentyne posted:

Hold on, what exactly happen if your subscription lapses? You get kicked out of guilds?

The guild leader must have an active subscription. If you're a guild leader and your subscription lapses, the position will be passed to another member of the guild.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
I played the first few months and never really gave SWTOR a second chance. I want to give the Imperial Agent class a playthrough for the story. If I wanted to make, say, a Miraluka IA, am I correct that I'd have to: make a character, level it to 10, then purchase the race unlock or whatever it is? Is there an easier way to do this?

Edit: I have characters on other servers, but I'll be starting fresh on Jedi Covenant.

Zagposting fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 14, 2014

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Riftling posted:

I played the first few months and never really gave SWTOR a second chance. I want to give the Imperial Agent class a playthrough for the story. If I wanted to make, say, a Miraluka IA, am I correct that I'd have to: make a character, level it to 10, then purchase the race unlock or whatever it is? Is there an easier way to do this?

Edit: I have characters on other servers, but I'll be starting fresh on Jedi Covenant.

I think you can start an IA of whatever race, get to 10, unlock Miralukas, then go to the Cartel Bazaar on the Fleet and change your race?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Or you can level a Miraluka to 50 with Knight or Consular and do it in character creation, but buying works just as well if you don't have interest in those.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

My merc is now level 60 and is ready to start wiping some raids!

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Dunno-Lars posted:

You like it, SLAVE?

Walkin Goon
Apr 4, 2011

Dunno-Lars posted:

Also, while they're mostly boring, make sure you throw in the occasional light-side option for good measure.
I know the last few "good-guy" options on Balmorra definitely defined my insane inquisitor run for me.

That and telling Darth Marr that you have it on good authority that no, you can't just shock the crazy out of someone.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

There was talk in guild chat of doing a level 60 raid or something tonight, sometime between 8 and 9 EST

Show up and let's fight some star wars?

Eskie
Jan 25, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

There was talk in guild chat of doing a level 60 raid or something tonight, sometime between 8 and 9 EST

Show up and let's fight some star wars?

Yes! Everyone should come and wipe horribly to new raids. I'm currently leveling as fast as I can. 2/3rds away form 60!

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I would log on to heal and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Eskie posted:

Yes! Everyone should come and wipe horribly to new raids. I'm currently leveling as fast as I can. 2/3rds away form 60!

Level faster.

• Locked thread