Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Delsaber posted:

I guess that means Hydra is playing the role of ECW.

I'm a John Garrett Daniel Whitehall Grant Ward Guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Buddington posted:

I think Agent 33 is just Agent 33. Or will be a much more minor character. She seemed really weak after Whitehall died. She's like Ward, she needs someone to follow, she's not a leader, I don't think she has Madame Hydra potential.

I'm hoping she dies soon. Having Ming-Na Wen play two characters is very jarring because she doesn't have the acting skills necessary to pull it off. She needs to make it more obvious that it's actually someone else under the mask.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

PunkBoy posted:

So basically it's all pro-wrestling turns. That sounds awesome.

Yeah, on reflection it probably wasn't so much dramatic shirt removal as it was big ol green hydra shirt at one moment, then the same person wearing a blue shield shirt. There weren't any logos or anything, it was just Shield and Hydra in big white letters on the front. I remember things were very hectic, action packed and high stakes though. Probably a few explosions in there.

Anyway, dreams rock, looking forward to seeing Daisy vibrating various things.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

enraged_camel posted:

I'm hoping she dies soon. Having Ming-Na Wen play two characters is very jarring because she doesn't have the acting skills necessary to pull it off. She needs to make it more obvious that it's actually someone else under the mask.

I sorta want her to play Mulan with Ward as her Mushu.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Buddington posted:

I think Agent 33 is just Agent 33. Or will be a much more minor character. She seemed really weak after Whitehall died. She's like Ward, she needs someone to follow, she's not a leader, I don't think she has Madame Hydra potential.

Idunno, I see your point but she's like Ward because she was literally mindfucked. Her pathetic "I don't know what to do now" has the potential for some great stories, if they decide to run with it. IMO anyway.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I thought Agent 33 and May were both played very well and very differently. I never thought "Oh here's Ming Na Wen again". I thought she did a very good job distinguishing the two, especially after Whitehall died.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

NowonSA posted:

Anyway, dreams rock, looking forward to seeing Daisy vibrating various things.

:airquote: :pervert:

Somebody just started writing...

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

WarLocke posted:

Idunno, I see your point but she's like Ward because she was literally mindfucked. Her pathetic "I don't know what to do now" has the potential for some great stories, if they decide to run with it. IMO anyway.

Yeah as soon as Whitehall died I turned to my wife and said "who will 33 comply with now?" That's such a great pairing. I can see them just going around doing rogue stuff in a desperate attempt to please someone so they will put them on a team. SHIELD, Hydra, whoever just please love us!

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Yeah now I'm really thinking Ward is gonna reprogram her mask to look like Skye to make both of them extra creepy.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think Ward is evil and psycho, but I don't think he's that far gone as a creep.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I'll believe absolutely anything from Ward after how he handled his brother.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

greatn posted:

I think Ward is evil and psycho, but I don't think he's that far gone as a creep.

Before that, they need to introduce the concept of Life Model Decoys first.

Edit:
and have Chloe Bennet play Mrs Ward in a flashback.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

The MSJ posted:

Edit:
and have Chloe Bennet play Mrs Ward in a flashback.

This would explain so much.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Does anyone think that Patton Oswald is going to take Coulson's role as "Main Shield Guy" in the movies?

I can see this happening since then they don't have to explain his resurrection and he's a big enough name to make it work.

They wouldn't even have to make him and existing Koenig.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006

greatn posted:

He's worried about becoming Skye's boyfriend and not being great at it, so he needs to practice with a Practice Skye first. He also needs to inure himself to her beauty and awesomeness if they're going to be spending the rest of their lives together. And he had bad parents but he wants to be a good dad so they'll adopt a few practice kids first.

Re: Tripp's death, dramatically speaking, I don't think it was really a "this is a major plot event and so we want a semi-major character to die to make it dramatic and shocking" thing. I think they had Tripp die so Skye getting her powers wasn't just all upside for her, it was a trade-off, and she's not going to feel thankful toward Raina, Cal, and Ward for getting her to the city. So it will leave her feeling conflicted in the future instead of just being like, man, why did I argue against this anyway.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

It's quite maddening that we have to wait until March for the second half of the season.

In fact, season breaks are the dumbest idea ever.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
How else are they gonna do the inevitable Age of Ultron tie-in episodes?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

enraged_camel posted:

It's quite maddening that we have to wait until March for the second half of the season.

How else are we supposed to watch 300 hours of Christmas related programming?

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I'd love to see A Very Hydra Christmas where Whitehall dresses up as Santa.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

enraged_camel posted:

Totally disagree. Hate the old method of 'sporadic episodes mixed in with repeats.' Seasons take a while to film and produce, and it's better to do it in large chunks then one or two a month surrounded by repeats or other specials.

In a few years we'll see a lot more binge-watching seasons on the Netflix model, anyway.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

ashpanash posted:

Totally disagree. Hate the old method of 'sporadic episodes mixed in with repeats.' Seasons take a while to film and produce, and it's better to do it in large chunks then one or two a month surrounded by repeats or other specials.

In a few years we'll see a lot more binge-watching seasons on the Netflix model, anyway.

I honestly wonder how long it might be until all programming is done Netflix-style and the very concept of having to wait for something to come on at a certain time is remembered as a relic of the past.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I can't wait. I mean season 1 of Agent's of Shield is so much better when you binge watch it than watch it an episode at a time.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

SwissArmyDruid posted:

:airquote: :pervert:

Somebody just started writing...

Ha, I really meant just like, using her powers in neat ways. I didn't follow Daisy in the comics much, but I'm pretty sure she was able to do radder things than "make the ground shake a lot." Maybe she can shake handcuffs off of people or something?

It's also just about the easiest power to work with day-to-day on a T.V. budget, special effects wise, so smart move on their part there.

The Sharmat posted:

Yeah now I'm really thinking Ward is gonna reprogram her mask to look like Skye to make both of them extra creepy.

I'm still digging this theory, although tech-wise it doesn't make much sense. May was copied because they had her face right there for her to scan. Then again, presumably they didn't sneak up on Army mcShield hunter and scan him before impersonating him, so who knows. Skyemask is such an amazing opportunity to get into how hosed up Ward is though.

I think the most likely situations are Ward using 33 as a distraction to escape, leading to her death, or Ward will start a fake romance with her then abandon her the moment she's more trouble than she's worth. Hell, may as well do both.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Dec 14, 2014

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

The Sharmat posted:

I'd love to see A Very Hydra Christmas where Whitehall dresses up as Santa.

Holy poo poo, someone do this now.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

NowonSA posted:

Ha, I really meant just like, using her powers in neat ways. I didn't follow Daisy in the comics much, but I'm pretty sure she was able to do radder things than "make the ground shake a lot." Maybe she can shake handcuffs off of people or something?

It's also just about the easiest power to work with day-to-day on a T.V. budget, special effects wise, so smart move on their part there.

Didn't she explode Wolverines heart in secret avengers or something, i didn't get around to reading it.

I know she can focus it pretty well.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
"Compliance will be rewarded."

And then Whitehall starts handing out presents.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Rocksicles posted:

Didn't she explode Wolverines heart in secret avengers or something, i didn't get around to reading it.

I know she can focus it pretty well.

Yeah, that's the kind of shenanigans I'm thinking of. We'll probably get guns flying out of hands or shattering, at the very least, which is plenty rad.

The Sharmat posted:

"Discovery requires... experimentation."

Whitehall said, as he dunked the cookies left for Santa into the milk.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

"I bought these chocolate chips when they were $10 a crate. Now one cookie goes for $2000."

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Whitehall catches Ward and Agent 33 sneaking a peak at the presents hidden in the closet. They're both clearly terrified of his reaction.

"Unwrap one gift.."

He slowly smiles.

"...and two more shall take its place."

Best Christmas ever.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Whitehall asks why, after all these years, he's needed now, and the secret HYDRA agent tells him he'll have to see for himself.

Cut to Whitehall in a room full of unwrapped presents, saying "Ah, of course!"

... I had to dig DEEP for this one, so if anyone can think of more I'll be properly impressed.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

NowonSA posted:

Whitehall asks why, after all these years, he's needed now, and the secret HYDRA agent tells him he'll have to see for himself.

Cut to Whitehall in a room full of unwrapped presents, saying "Ah, of course!"

... I had to dig DEEP for this one, so if anyone can think of more I'll be properly impressed.

Decrepit Whitehall looks down at the camera, in full scrubs, and starts requesting surgical tools, one after the other, with the sound of snapping bones, burning flesh, and getting progressively messier with... something. You can't see what he's operating on.

When he's done, the camera angle reverses, and you see a perfectly carved turkey, standing rib roast, beef wellington, and prime rib.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Dec 14, 2014

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Was a tad surprised Whitehall was (apparently) killed so easily, especially for a man to have reversed the signs of aging (with this one weird tip).

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

spookygonk posted:

Was a tad surprised Whitehall was (apparently) killed so easily, especially for a man to have reversed the signs of aging (with this one weird tip).

Well if he's stuffed full of someone else's super-organs it's possible that even though they were keeping him young they had a pretty tenuous hold on him. I mean when regular human swap organs around the recipient has to be on anti-rejection meds forever.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
I'm hoping Whitehall comes back to life in a second, more powerful form, like a good final boss.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Whitehall is proto-MODOK

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

The Sharmat posted:

I can't wait. I mean season 1 of Agent's of Shield is so much better when you binge watch it than watch it an episode at a time.

I binged on it. Yes it was good, but I am extremely jealous of the people who got to see the tie in with Winter Soldier as it unfolded.

So I am excited about this hiatus pushing the season well into Ultron territory

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

spookygonk posted:

Well 'never aging' isn't the same thing as 'can't be killed' really. Just because those magic organs kept him young doesn't mean they gave him any sort of healing factor or other solution to dying if he got shot.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GigaPeon posted:

Does anyone think that Patton Oswald is going to take Coulson's role as "Main Shield Guy" in the movies?

I can see this happening since then they don't have to explain his resurrection and he's a big enough name to make it work.

They wouldn't even have to make him and existing Koenig.

I doubt it. I bet there's no SHIELD in the next movie to speak of, just references; then in the 3rd movie Tony Stark rebuilds it (and thus setup the civil war thing). Thus, at that point, the show will likely deal with it and probably have a different view than the "new" shield and we also get why Stark would be head of it.

Obviously the TV show crew won't/can't fall in line, because good luck getting RDJ cameos.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

RDJ already said he wants to cameo on Shield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Because any Actor is going to say "No I don't want to appear in this show that is associated with the films I'm currently being paid a lot of money to star in."

Not saying he will never appear in the show, him saying he'd like to do it is about as strong an indicator of it happening as if he'd just kept silent.

• Locked thread