Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Did you ever beat Canary Mary? No! I haven't even PLAYED Bioshock Infinite!
Our further adventures with Terra the Bumbling Fool continue right now over @ https://www.hitbox.tv/gmarcturus. Come join us.

Edit: Sorry about that, the link included the period at the end of the sentence originally.

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Dec 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams
And with another update comes another helping of Sleights!

New Sleights

Attack

Blitz: A multi-hit jump attack. Press reaction commands to continue the combo. Requires 3 attack cards of different Keyblades with a total of 10-15.

Magic

Fire Raid: Like it implies, Strike Raid but covered in fire. Doesn't stun, but does do a lot more damage, particularly to things weak to fire! Just requires Fire plus two attack cards.

Summon

Cross Slash: Cloud does a three hit combo with his sword. Two Clouds.

Omnislash: Cloud flies around the arena, hitting enemies with his sword. Uses reaction commands. It's powerful, and can hit almost anyone, but it's uncontrollable who it targets, and it takes much longer than it did in the GBA version, making it easier to break. Three Clouds.

Splash Lv2/Lv3: It's Dumbo. He sprays water. You can aim the spray. Woooo. :v: Two or three Dumbo cards.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Terra's Adventures continue over here!.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Since you aren't playing 358/2 Days (unless I heard wrong) I had a thought: if people want to see the gameplay, maybe you could mention in the OP the finished LP of that game from the LP archive.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Since you aren't playing 358/2 Days (unless I heard wrong) I had a thought: if people want to see the gameplay, maybe you could mention in the OP the finished LP of that game from the LP archive.

That's a good idea. I will post that up there.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

New Update Time!

New Episodes (Uncut)
Episode 005 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: Don't Drink the Kool-Aid!"
Episode 006 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: The Queen Has Alzheimers"

New Episodes
Episode 005 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: Don't Drink the Kool-Aid!"
Episode 006 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: The Queen Has Alzheimers"

Jiminy's Journal Update

New World Cards and Stories

Halloween Town

Wonderland

New Character Pics and Descriptions

Larxene

Namine

New Heartless Pics and Descriptions

Creeper Plant

Crescendo

New Attack Cards

Pumpkinhead

Lady Luck

New Magic Cards

Stop

New Friend Cards

Jack Skellington

New Enemy Cards (Hades and Parasite Cage are actually from the last update. I just forgot to include them last time.)

Hades

Parasite Cage

Wight Knight

Gargoyle

Creeper Plant

Oogie Boogie

Crescendo

Card Soldier

Trickmaster

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams
New Sleights

Attack

Zantetsuken: Instantly break a card and make it unreloadable for the rest of the battle. I don't find it all that useful myself... Takes three attack cards totally 0 or 27 (so three 0s or three 9s).

Sonic Blade: Same as the original! Shoot across the battlefield until you hit the maximum number of attacks with reaction commands. Pretty useful in Re:CoM! Three attack cards of different types totalling 20-23.

Magic

Stopra/Stopga: Freezes enemies in place. The more Stops, the longer it lasts. Two or three Stops.

Tornado: A controllable tornado. Can do significant damage to enemies, as well as stun them! Aero + Gravity + a summon card.

Terror: Makes it so enemies no longer get near you for a while. Either two summons + Jack, or Simba + Mushu + an item card.

Gifted Miracle: Heals everyone, reloads cards, and resets reload counter. A summon card + a magic card + Jack, or Bambi + Blizzard + an item card.

Friend

Surprise Lv2/Lv3: Like Donald, Jack casts two magic spells, but he'll cast the same one twice, and they're all attack spells (Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, or Gravity). So I'm sure you can guess what Lv2 and Lv3 do. Requires two to three Jack cards.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
It amuses me that you riff on people when they say spoilers about [mysterious girl], and then post the character card which is even more spoilery. :D

Also, if(when) you start cutting entire rooms, consider leaving parts of the introductory fights at normal speed, because for my part I had sometimes problems identifying what enemies you are actually fighting with.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Nuramor posted:

It amuses me that you riff on people when they say spoilers about [mysterious girl], and then post the character card which is even more spoilery. :D

Also, if(when) you start cutting entire rooms, consider leaving parts of the introductory fights at normal speed, because for my part I had sometimes problems identifying what enemies you are actually fighting with.

I will be sure to mention in each update which Heartless you will mostly encounter in each world from now on.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Edit: Actually, it's not that important.

Roro fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Dec 9, 2014

TCat
Oct 10, 2012

I'll save you the time and call myself a loser
Oh joy of joys, Red is back :downswords:

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Finally continuing Terra's story in Birth By Sleep Final Mix HD.

https://www.hitbox.tv/gmarcturus

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

New Update Time!

New Episodes (Uncut)
Episode 007 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: Now With 300% More Sand"
Episode 008 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh"

New Episodes
Episode 007 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: Now With 300% More Sand"
Episode 008 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh"

Jiminy's Journal Update

Agrabah

The 100 Acre Wood

Vexen

Riku Replica (a.k.a Repliku)

New Attack Cards

Three Wishes

Maverick Flare

New Magic Cards

Gravity

Aero

Thunder

New Summon Cards

Genie

Bambi

New Item Cards

Ether

Mega-Ether

Elixir

New Friend Cards

Aladdin

New Enemy Cards

Bandit

Fat Bandit

Jafar-Genie

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

You know, I think Fake Aladdin doesn't understand that Heartless are literally INFINITE IN NUMBER AND WISHING THEM AWAY DOES NOTHING.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

Silegna posted:

You know, I think Fake Aladdin doesn't understand that Heartless are literally INFINITE IN NUMBER AND WISHING THEM AWAY DOES NOTHING.

Actually hold up. Before he was given freedom, Genie was essentially a god with ultimate power. So why couldn't one of the wishes be used to just get rid of all heartless forever? Unless that falls under the no killing rule for genies.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

gatesealer posted:

Actually hold up. Before he was given freedom, Genie was essentially a god with ultimate power. So why couldn't one of the wishes be used to just get rid of all heartless forever? Unless that falls under the no killing rule for genies.

Exactly. Genie in Kingdom Hearts could EASILY have been Deus Ex Machina. I'm kinda glad they didn't go that route.

mkwong98
Feb 8, 2013
Does the whole game remain completely linear like this?

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

mkwong98 posted:

Does the whole game remain completely linear like this?

Unfortunately, it does. This is why I can't understand why they didn't make Re: CoM the movie for 1.5 and just remake Days. 358/2 Days would have been a much better game if they had just remade it and balanced it for a single player experience like they did with the Mirage Arena in Birth By Sleep for 2.5. I can honestly see a decent game in Days but it is completely covered up by all the bullshit they added to it.

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams
Lots of magic sleights this time! Most of them boring, but it includes THE BEST SLEIGHT IN THE GAME.

New Sleights

Attack

Ars Arcanum: You've seen this before. Multi-hit combo, press Triangle to keep going after a bit. Requires 3 attack cards totaling 1-6. Because of this, it's easy to break.

Magic

Thundara/Thundaga: Yawn. Two or three Thunder cards.

Gravira/Graviga: Pfft. Two or three Gravity cards.

Aerora/Aeroga: Bor- wait, what? This is different?! Aero in this game is an AoE attack that knocks enemies away from you while dealing damage. Aerora and Aeroga up the damage and knock them farther. Two or three Aero cards.

Firaga Burst: Oh man, now we're talking! Firaga Burst creates a large fireball above you that shots tons of fireballs all around the area. Two Fires and a Gravity. I used this one a lot!

Confuse: Gives the same effect as hitting an Heartless in the field with a confusion barrel; that is, they bumble around and don't attack much. Not all that useful, I think, but I never bothered with those types of status ailments. Requires Genie, Tinker Bell, and another summon card, so it's difficult to put together also.

Lethal Frame: ... There are no words to properly describe Lethal Frame. Freezes an enemy in place, and then Sora goes and slices the poo poo out of them. It is by far the best sleight in the game, and will tear any and all bosses that Sora can attack from the ground to shreds. Stop and two attack cards.

Summon

Idyll Romp: Bambi runs around and confuses enemies. See above for my thoughts on confusion. Bambi and two attack cards.

Paradise Lv2/Lv3: Bambi dropping health orbs. That is, Bambi's normal thing. Two or three Bambis.

Showtime Lv2/Lv3: Genie casts two spells randomly chosen between Gravity, Thunder, and Stop. Level of spell depends on how many Genies; two is -ra, three is -ga. Standard.

Cross Slash+: Cloud teleports to an enemy and uses Cross Slash on them. Useful. Cloud, Stop, and an attack card.

Friend

Sandstorm Lv2/Lv3: Aladdin doing what Aladdin does; hitting enemies, stunning them, and dropping Moogle Points. Handy for grinding points. Two or three Aladdins to make it last longer.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

jayman52 posted:

Unfortunately, it does. This is why I can't understand why they didn't make Re: CoM the movie for 1.5 and just remake Days. 358/2 Days would have been a much better game if they had just remade it and balanced it for a single player experience like they did with the Mirage Arena in Birth By Sleep for 2.5. I can honestly see a decent game in Days but it is completely covered up by all the bullshit they added to it.

The only games I've noticed they didn't remake....were the DS ones.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Days is a worse game than even Vanilla CoM. It's also really linear, with a bunch of missions you have a choice between but really you have to do them all anyway.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I once read somewhere that there was a plan to give Dream Drop Distance a HD remake. I thought it strange to make a remake so soon after it came out, but I thought of a way it could work. Maybe they can make it part of one more HD collection with remakes of the DS games. I would hope that the gameplay is improved as part of the package.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

New Update Time!

New Episodes (Uncut)
Episode 009 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: Peter is an Obstinate Git"
Episode 010 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: I Don't Remember Atlantica Like This"

New Episodes
Episode 009 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: Peter is an Obstinate Git"
Episode 010 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: I Don't Remember Atlantica Like This"

Jiminy's Journal Update

Neverland

Atlantica

Marluxia (a.k.a The Mysterious Black Robed Guy From the Front Door)

New Attack Cards

Fairy Harp

Midnight Roar

Crabclaw

New Summon Cards

Tinker Bell

New Friend Cards

Peter Pan

Ariel

New Enemy Cards

Air Pirate

Pirate

Sea Neon

Screwdiver

Aquatank

Hook

Ursula

Luxord

Demyx

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Was... was Vexen actually not expecting to be called on that?

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey, sorry about this guys but the videos for today's update are going to be delayed until tomorrow because I accidentally uploaded them to my original channel and of course they were too long. I'm sorry about this but I guarantee they will be up first thing in the morning tomorrow.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

It's all good. I've been seeing a lot of people having to deal with youtube's crap lately.

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams
I realize this is super late but eh, effort.

New Sleights

Attack

Ragnarok: You've seen it before. In the GBA version, this was basically "instant kill everything in front of you". 3 attack cards totaling 7-9.

Magic

Thunder Raid: Fire/Blizzard Raid but with Thunder. Thunder + two attack cards.

Homing Blizzara: Like it says, a homing Blizzara. Aero + Blizzard + any magic card.

Mega Flare: Lethal Frame, but for random encounters! Mega Flare hits all enemies for powerful fire damage, often destroying entire encounters in one hit. Mushu and two Fires.

Shock Impact: A Simba attack that can Stop enemies. Simba + two attack cards.

Magnet Spiral: Pulls enemies close, then attacks them. Two Gravities and an attack card.

Warp: Has a chance of instantly killing enemies. No experience from this, but you can still get cards, and it (along with its cousin) are the only way to get the White Mushroom enemy card. Stop + two Aeros.

Teleport: Appear near an enemy while stunning it. I guess it could be useful. Two magic cards + Peter Pan, or Stop + Aero + an item card.

Holy: Beams of light hit an enemy and enemies near them. Was incredibly useful in the GBA, less so now. Mega Ether + Megalixer + any item card.

Summon

Twinkle Lv2/Lv3: More healing! Tinker Bell is still great at healing large amounts of HP, but since cards can be broken, I prefer Cures. Two or three Tinker Bells.

Friend

Spiral Wave Lv2/Lv3: Basically Sonic Blade for Ariel. Last longers/more powerful with more cards. Two or three Ariels.

Hummingbird Lv2/Lv3: Another one of those friend cards that can create Moogle Points. Peter Pan hits enemies really quickly but without much power. Two or three Peter Pans.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

New Update Time:

New Episodes (Uncut)
Episode 011 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: OOC Belle"
Episode 012 - Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: The Town of Perpetual Twilight"

New Episodes
Episode 011 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: OOC Belle"
Episode 012 - Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: The Town of Perpetual Twilight"

Jiminy's Journal Update

Hollow Bastion

Twilight Town

New Attack Cards

Lionheart

Metal Chocobo

Total Eclipse

Bond of Flame

Spellbinder

Divine Rose

New Summon Cards

Mushu

New Item Cards

Mega-Potion

New Friend Cards

The Beast

New Enemy Cards

Wizard

Defender

Wyvern

Saix

Xemnas

Xigbar

Roxas

Vexen

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams
And again!

New Sleights

Magic

Reflect Raid: Strike Raid, but on impact the Keyblade splits apart and does a scattershot around. Cloud and two attack cards.

Synchro: Sets the HP of nearby enemies to match the HP of the targeted enemy. Cure + Gravity + Aero.

Bind: Freezes enemies in place, but they can still attack. Longer lasting but less useful Stop. Gravity + Stop + any magic card.

Aqua Splash: An aimable cone of ice damage. Blizzard + Fire + Aero.

Warpinator: Single-target Warp with a higher chance of success. Gravity + Stop + Aero.

Freeze: Freezes enemies in place. Attacking frozen enemies does significant damage. Two Blizzards + Stop.

Summon

Flare Breath Lv2/Lv3: Aimable cone of fire. Size and damage increase on number of cards. Two or three Mushus.

Friend

Stardust Blitz: Press triangle at the right times to send Donald's fireballs at enemies! You can do this up to three times. Just Donald + Fire.

Ferocious Lunge Lv2/Lv3: This is the GBA version of Beast's Sleight. He lunges forward and does large damage in a straight line. I'm including it mainly because it was on the list I was given. Two or three Beasts.

Furious Volley Lv2/Lv3: Re:CoM version of Beast's Sleight. You and Beast play volleyball with enemies. Two or three Beasts.

Prythian fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 20, 2014

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I just want to say: I apologize in advance for next Friday's update.

You'll see when it happens. Oh, you will see!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I want to say I don't apologize at all.

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams
It will truly be the update this LP deserves.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

And you, Falcon, Prythian and Senerio, can all just stop being mean now.

Rhiodise
Feb 22, 2013

jayman52 posted:

This is patently false and you know it.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

jayman52 posted:

Can I still be mean?

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Alright, here is the first of this week's updates. Apologies for how late this one is.

New Episodes (Uncut)
Episode 013 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: The Island"
Episode 014 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: The Last Floor"
Episode 015 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: The Fall of Marluxia"

New Episodes
Episode 013 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: The Island"
Episode 014 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: The Last Floor"
Episode 015 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: The Fall of Marluxia"

Jiminy's Journal Update

World Cards and Stories

Sora's Story

Castle Oblivion
[timg]

New Attack Cards

Oathkeeper

Oblivion

Ultima Weapon

Diamond Dust

One-Winged Angel

Two Become One

Star Seeker

New Special Cards

Gold Card

Platinum Card

New Enemy Cards'

Neoshadow

Larxene

Axel

Ansem

Marluxia

Lexaeus

Zexion

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Well at least the final boss was able to give you some trouble.

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams
Well, if I can't be mean, might as well finish this off.

New Sleights

Attack

Trinity Limit: Mega Flare, but not resistable by anything. Very powerful, but difficult to pull out. Any mixture of Donald, Goofy, and an attack card that is NOT Goofy, Donald, and then an attack card. (That one triggers Wild Crush instead.)

Magic

Judgment: You saw this plenty in the videos. Strike Raid, but it goes and attacks the same enemy multiple times. Aero + two attack cards.

Raging Storm: Sora gets surrounded by pillars of fire, and you can move him around. Aero + two Fires.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Well, to be honest, I wasn't really feeling super awesome health wise when I put that reply up. I'm feeling much better now though and you can now continue harangue me about my horrible gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

New Update!

New Episodes (Uncut)
Episode 016 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: Reversing the Rebirth"
Episode 017 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: The Clusterf*** Episode"

New Episodes
Episode 016 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: Reversing the Rebirth"
Episode 017 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: The Clusterf*** Episode"

D-Report Update

New Characters

Zexion

Lexaeus

Reverse/Rebirth Specific Cards

Soul Eater

The King

• Locked thread