Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Dangersim posted:

Before yesterday I had no idea Chino was older then Lyoto.

He was the handsome older brother then they swapped Scanners style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Reminder that Fitch is fighting Palhares tonight. Probably around the same time as Stipe/JDS, unfortunately.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
cejudo has amazing hair so he'll probably do well

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
good luck to jon fitch, the greatest modern mixed martial artist

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
I saw a Fitch article the other day where he said he had stopped training "flashy moves" and was getting back to basics so this fight should be fireworks

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I love watching Palhares dive on a leg at 90 mph

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

vainman posted:

I saw a Fitch article the other day where he said he had stopped training "flashy moves" and was getting back to basics so this fight should be fireworks

No more punches, no more kicks, no more striking's dirty tricks

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Phil Baroni posted an x-ray that prominently features his dong https://twitter.com/philbaroni/status/543906582069653505

:nws:

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

LobsterMobster posted:

Phil Baroni posted an x-ray that prominently features his dong https://twitter.com/philbaroni/status/543906582069653505

Yo, gently caress that snake!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Yo, gently caress that snake!

oh poo poo :lol:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Some guy with dumb hair just won the WSOF featherweight belt.
Fitch vs Toquinho is on deck: http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=297116&part=sports (hopefully this is kosher)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

colonel_korn posted:

Some guy with dumb hair just won the WSOF featherweight belt.
Fitch vs Toquinho is on deck: http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=297116&part=sports (hopefully this is kosher)

Lance Palmer is a Team Alpha Male-ist

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

RIP Jon Fitch's knee

Khaal
Mar 22, 2008
welp,

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Good night sweet Fitch.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I USED TO BE A FIGHTER, LIKE YOU, UNTIL I TOOK A TOQUINHO TO THE KNEE

Dirp
May 16, 2007
Being Jon Fitch must be a sad existence.

Dr. Miracle
Feb 13, 2008

born to shart
Palhares terrifies me.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I was five minutes late; how many knee ligaments?

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
It must suck being Rousimar Palhares, walking around everyday seeing people walking on their legs and stifling his rage lest they put him back in the home.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

:(

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

90 seconds, jeez

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
yeah. as a long time and lonely fitch fan: he's done. If he didn't have knee problems before he's certainly gonna have them now.

Rousimar is a scary retarded tree stump but if he submits Jake Shields he should probably be signed back to UFC. Likewise if Shields beats him then he should be given another shot.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Bubba Smith posted:

yeah. as a long time and lonely fitch fan: he's done. If he didn't have knee problems before he's certainly gonna have them now.

Rousimar is a scary retarded tree stump but if he submits Jake Shields he should probably be signed back to UFC. Likewise if Shields beats him then he should be given another shot.

Unless Shields has learned how to strike, I don't think the UFC wants him back. Likewise, Rousimar is dumb and specializes in moves that disable other people on the roster so I don't think they want him either. Let them chill and get paid in the b leagues.

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
I love Rousimar but I can't see any way he goes back to UFC while Dana is calling the shots.

Also I really wish he would stop crippling people :(

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

shouldna been standing there

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

david charmichael posted:

unrelentingly powerful leglock retard

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

gif here: https://gfycat.com/SecondaryTimelyErin

It's scary how he doesn't even have to complete his takedown to get a guy into a bad position, just grab a leg and pull guard.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

colonel_korn posted:

gif here: https://gfycat.com/SecondaryTimelyErin

It's scary how he doesn't even have to complete his takedown to get a guy into a bad position, just grab a leg and pull guard.

I want to know why more fighters are not attempting to attack the leg with submissions. BJJ now doesn't work traditionally anymore in MMA and Nate's fight last night showed that but it's certainly working on the aggressive side for Rousimar.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

LobsterMobster posted:

a friend of mine studying medicine linked me exactly the same x-ray about a month back, i am pretty sure that is not baroni's

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

willie_dee posted:

I want to know why more fighters are not attempting to attack the leg with submissions. BJJ now doesn't work traditionally anymore in MMA and Nate's fight last night showed that but it's certainly working on the aggressive side for Rousimar.

They are hard to train because you can cripple your training partner, and by committing both of your hands to their foot you can't defend yourself from punches

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Didn't work against Alan "Smithee" Belcher.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
As a fan of being able to walk I do not like Palhares, and I enjoy his fight with Belcher

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Didn't work against Alan "Smithee" Belcher.

Hell yeah

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Was that a kneebar and heel hook combined?!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

willie_dee posted:

I want to know why more fighters are not attempting to attack the leg with submissions. BJJ now doesn't work traditionally anymore in MMA and
god you're a moron

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Dangersim posted:

Was that a kneebar and heel hook combined?!

He definitely started out going for a heel hook but by the time the tap came I think it was a kneebar, most of the force looked like it was aligned with the leg rather than twisting.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

god you're a moron

do NOT be rude to my friend, Willie

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Shumagorath posted:

god you're a moron

Lol cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

willie_dee posted:

most fighters are nowhere near as good at no gi grappling as rousimar, and most fighters are nowhere near as strong.