Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

AbstractNapper posted:

People are showing up to a bar that doesn't even have a sign.
It serves only one old-timey disgusting drink, that nobody likes.
Goddam, I hate gin. Dee, you bitch!

I live in Portland so it took me a moment to realize that oh, poo poo, not every bar serves booze in mason jars :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Can't run from the kindness of strangers

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
3 years old, but I found it today and it's a good listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWifQhqD7qM

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

armoredgorilla posted:

This is a pro click, even though I'm not really feeling the host guy. I'm only a little bit in though, and he does seem to be gradually settling into it.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

the escape goat posted:

I live in Portland so it took me a moment to realize that oh, poo poo, not every bar serves booze in mason jars :stare:

Portland sounds like a scary place. I don't know anything about it except theres apparently a tv show set there?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

kingcom posted:

Portland sounds like a scary place. I don't know anything about it except theres apparently a tv show set there?

Trees? Everywhere trees?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I hope we get an appearance by the lawyer this season, he didn't show up since "Pop pop the final solution" and I feel like he totally besmirched me and I demand satisfaction.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
He was in the teaser for the season, so he'll probably be there.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

kingcom posted:

"Portlandia" is pretty much Portland but in a slightly heightened reality. this city is so far up its own rear end.

prinneh
Jul 29, 2005
prince of denmark
rewatching the entire show for the third time. Just finished the gang tries to win an award and I googled "Charlie Kelly album", but there wasn't one :( I'd buy that, I'd buy that on vinyl. Stand up for ehat he knoooows, Go **** yourselves!

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty
There's a spider spider spider...

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

armoredgorilla posted:

Pretty great. The part around 1:30 when he gets into how awesome Charlie is was great. Apparently his talent for making up insane songs on the piano isn't new, and they've wanted to work it into the show for a while.

Atarian posted:

There's a spider spider spider...

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Jesus that guy is such a bad host, how has he managed to get all these people on? For some reason I imagine him being some millionaire who's payed them a poo poo ton to come on the show.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Doakes posted:

Jesus that guy is such a bad host, how has he managed to get all these people on? For some reason I imagine him being some millionaire who's payed them a poo poo ton to come on the show.

You eventually start tuning him out. I don't think I've heard a host talk about himself that much in a while, honestly. The Glenn parts are solid. Glenn is clearly one of those smart, introspective people who is just gonna say some interesting poo poo if you just let him keep talking for an hour and a half.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
How old are you people that don't know who Kevin Pollak is? He's been around forever.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Doakes posted:

I think the same thing whenever someone praises John Hodgman, Mark Maron or Chris Hardwick.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Ariza posted:

How old are you people that don't know who Kevin Pollak is? He's been around forever.

I was wondering the same.
I can't think of a single thing I know him from but he has had been around. I'm sure if i checked IMDb if recognize a ton. He is annoying as poo poo. Did you know he was Jewish? I can't believe that is a 2hr podcast.

e: cupid in santa claus w/ Tim Allen and Rool on willow. Plus other crap.

deong fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Dec 12, 2014

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The only thing I can remember him being in is Juwanna Mann.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Not things like Avalon, or A Few Good Men, or The Usual Suspects. No, his legacy shall be Juwanna Mann. Poor Kevin Pollak.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

armoredgorilla posted:

GOD DAMMIT, Kevin Pollak. At 1:24:25 he pronounces Jan wrong and ruins it. That bozo burnt us.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

GOD DAMMIT, Kevin Pollak. At 1:24:25 he pronounces Jan wrong and ruins it. That bozo burnt us.

What a jabroni!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Btw just gotta put out there that Kevin Pollak is a pretty cool guy.

Don't care about his show or whatever but he just sems like a nice guy and has a cool demeanor and stuff. Also he was the mechanic in The Usual Suspects which is a p great movie

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Btw:

CelticPredator posted:

Thanks all. I tweeted at the official page. See what happens.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Btw just gotta put out there that Kevin Pollak is a pretty cool guy.

Don't care about his show or whatever but he just sems like a nice guy and has a cool demeanor and stuff. Also he was the mechanic in The Usual Suspects which is a p great movie

Little known fact: he's actually Jewish

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Woah dude you just dropped a hard J.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Season 10 in one month exactly :toot:

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Dec 14, 2014

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

drunken officeparty posted:

Season 10 in one month exactly :toot:

I see they are progressing through the genres.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
No glam metal Frank?

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
It's Electric Dream Machine!

Prepare to experience sexual magic... :getin:

pincky
Oct 28, 2010

The Time Dissolver posted:

No glam metal Frank?

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
Just watched this episode for like the third time, and the lawyer has a chicken(?) on his desk that nobody mentions? What is up with this

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I wouldn't be surprised if Frank had it in his back pocket. Put it on the desk when he sat down.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Yeah it has to have something to do with Frank. Maybe they cut a scene that set it up. Which episode is that?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

DNova posted:

Yeah it has to have something to do with Frank. Maybe they cut a scene that set it up. Which episode is that?

Dennis and Dee's Mom is Dead from season three

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

Dennis and Dee's Mom is Dead from season three

Watching the scene, I don't think it's a chicken.

edit:

no idea.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Oh, it's a sculpture of a guy cradling his head in his hands, sitting cross-legged.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
Oh yeah you can see an ear. That is the most chicken-looking sculpture of a guy I've ever seen

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I don't know about the rest of you guys but I only see one flightless bird in that screengrab.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Yeah, even knowing what it is it's still a chicken.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I only see one flightless bird in that screengrab.

Uhhh, she looks like a beautiful WOMAN. Not like a bird.

DEFINITELY not like a bird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I see two, but one didn't bring his umbrella for some reason??