Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Hazo posted:

This is especially evident in the part where he's clearly baffled at how "alcohol and drug facilitated penetration" could be viewed as unwanted. It's been said before, but seriously: What the hell is it with creepy conservative MRAs and their outrage that it's not acceptable to get girls drunk in order to sleep with them?

I also like how he buries his opinion that "a lot" of women lie about rape by saving that for after his headline where he says "sometimes" they do, since using his real opinion as the headline would get him (rightfully) called out by most normal people.

I think their assumption is that it's considered rape if a man and a woman get a bit drunk, have drunk sex, and then she regrets it the next day. Really though the main thing that is legally considered rape in that case is "this person was too disabled to give consent so it's considered rape." loving somebody that is unable to properly give consent is considered rape as well it should be. I kind of wonder if your Reddit-style MRAs are hoping for a world where there are specific establishments where drugging a woman's drink, taking her home, and loving her while she's unconscious is acceptable? Their argument seems to be "well if you didn't want to get date raped you shouldn't have been in X location with Y man."

It's a typical right wing lack of logic though; take the most extreme case and say "all X are this." Sorry guys, doesn't work that way. Some women lie about being raped so obviously all rape accusations are lies. False rape accusations suck sure but assuming all rape accusations are false is just dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I think their assumption is that it's considered rape if a man and a woman get a bit drunk, have drunk sex, and then she regrets it the next day. Really though the main thing that is legally considered rape in that case is "this person was too disabled to give consent so it's considered rape." loving somebody that is unable to properly give consent is considered rape as well it should be. I kind of wonder if your Reddit-style MRAs are hoping for a world where there are specific establishments where drugging a woman's drink, taking her home, and loving her while she's unconscious is acceptable? Their argument seems to be "well if you didn't want to get date raped you shouldn't have been in X location with Y man."

It must be massive sexual anxiety. Drunken hookups, while technically rape on both parties, is a thing that just happens and people deal with, unless you're afraid for some reason that a woman would massively regret sleeping with your goony rear end and you project that poo poo onto the theoretical or actual her.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
So glenn beck does this thing where he calls convience store employees and asks them basic trivia questions. Its called moron trivia and the questions are all things like, what continent is brazil located on etc. I wouldn't find this wierd except that is t he basically billing himself as somesort of patriot prophet? I mean come on thats local pop music radio level poo poo. Also, one of the questions is 'who is glen beck?' As though anyone not aware of him and his belifes is a moron. I find this very telling.

Edit: sorry, phone posting

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
The etiquette of courtship and alcohol is complex. Personally i never buy drinks for anyone and will walk away if a girl asks for a drink. I rather be seen as a cheap weirdo than a naive chump. It`s also best to avoid any chanche of overstepping the boundaries of consent unwittingly so guys should actually be a little bit concerned. When it comes to something as terrible as rape it`s better to be afraid and awkard than reckless and macho.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

AcidRonin posted:

So glenn beck does this thing where he calls convience store employees and asks them basic trivia questions. Its called moron trivia and the questions are all things like, what continent is brazil located on etc. I wouldn't find this wierd except that is t he basically billing himself as somesort of patriot prophet? I mean come on thats local pop music radio level poo poo. Also, one of the questions is 'who is glen beck?' As though anyone not aware of him and his belifes is a moron. I find this very telling.

That's kind of funny as he started his career as one of those "morning zoo"-style radio DJs/personalities.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

AcidRonin posted:

If he called me I'd tell him to get a real job and hang up.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

AcidRonin posted:

Returning_to_the_mean.vsd

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Popular Thug Drink posted:

It must be massive sexual anxiety. Drunken hookups, while technically rape on both parties, is a thing that just happens and people deal with, unless you're afraid for some reason that a woman would massively regret sleeping with your goony rear end and you project that poo poo onto the theoretical or actual her.

I think there's also an aspect to it where these guys are angry because they perceive that their "tools" are being taken away from them, and that those tools are almost necessary to get laid.

Example: when I was a doofy virgin college freshman who didn't know much about women and certainly had never even come close to having sex I really and honestly thought that getting a girl drunk was the best way to end up having sex. I didn't really think about it more than that, whether that was right or wrong or really loving creepy, it just -was- the way. Movies and media and the internet had, if not explicitly told me, then very much implied that that was what college kids did and college kids had a lot of sex, so that's what I thought I needed to do. Get drunk with girls, or at least get them drunk, and then it would all just naturally happen from there.

Needless to say I must have come off as pretty loving skeevy to ladies I was interested in when I kept encouraging them to drink more and more, and thankfully for everybody's sake that approach never worked out for me.

I think the difference between many of these MRAs, frat boys, gamergators, channers, and myself is that I eventually figured out on my own that sex isn't something to be acquired, that you can meet and get to know women without being piss-drunk, and most importantly that there's no coercion or alcoholic lubrication necessary in order to have sex when the other person actually wants to have sex with you too.

So on the one hand I can kind of understand where they might be coming from when they're all "loving feminists want to take away our only tool to get laid!" but on the other hand gently caress them and their creepy entitled attitude. I managed to figure it out, they should too, the loving manchildren.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

AcidRonin posted:

That sure is ironic for a man who pushes the ideology that constantly gives bullshit lip service to the working class to be calling and mocking working class people. If he wasn't a clueless dipshit he would be calling college professors to point out how out-of-touch and stupid they are but instead he just goes for some easy, straight-up LCD punching down.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
http://www.dailydot.com/politics/creed-scott-stapp-threaten-kill-barack-obama/?fb=dd

quote:

Scott Stapp, the former lead singer of the rock band Creed, has been through a lot of personal and professional turmoil, but it's hard to understand how he ended up here.
Stapp, who has been in and out of drug treatment programs and psychiatric wards over the years, recently told his family that he believed he was a CIA agent on a mission to kill President Barack Obama. He then fled his home, prompting his family to call 911, report his claims, and ask that he be recommitted to a hospital. The incident came less than a week after Florida police released Stapp from a 72-hour psychiatric hold.

TMZ acquired audio of Stapp's family's 911 call, in which a woman says, "He thinks he’s part of the CIA. He thinks they're trying to kill him, and he has a bunch of paperwork in his backpack that he’s a CIA agent and he supposed to assassinate Obama."

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'm sure the local psych hospital will welcome him with arms wide open

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm sure the local psych hospital will welcome him with arms wide open

I would feel bad for him except that he clearly created his own prison.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
I don't think we can take this thread any higher with these jokes.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
I dunno man. With lyrics like these he actually might have been in the CIA.

quote:

The walls are cold and pale
The cage made of steel
Screams fill the room
Alone I drop and kneel
Silence now the sound
My breath the only motion around
Demons cluttering around
My face showing no emotion
Shackled by my sentence
Expecting no return
Here there is no penance
My skin begins to burn

I think that's page 201 of the torture report...

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Baudolino posted:

The etiquette of courtship and alcohol is complex. Personally i never buy drinks for anyone and will walk away if a girl asks for a drink. I rather be seen as a cheap weirdo than a naive chump. It`s also best to avoid any chanche of overstepping the boundaries of consent unwittingly so guys should actually be a little bit concerned. When it comes to something as terrible as rape it`s better to be afraid and awkard than reckless and macho.

Alcohol's a great social lubricant and there's plenty of fun to be had there, even of there's occasional regret on either side when it goes too far. I don't see what's so hard about recognizing that if a woman is passed out or even half way out of her tree than maybe it's not a good idea to gently caress just right then. Heaven can wait.

I've been in that situation numerous times, mostly with women I already knew, and had the capacity to realize it was wrong. It's not hard. Well, you know what I mean. It's not difficult. A passed out woman certainly can't give consent for crying out loud and you have to be either a genuine creep or think that Animal House was a documentary to believe otherwise.

Oh, lookee. My font changed somehow.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I've been reading too much cnn at work while waiting for requests to come back and I've gotten to the point where I silently utter a thank you to whatever God may exist when the comments are closed. I always knew it was bad but with all the stories related to race lately the place has gone full on rahowa.

I can handle extended periods of right wing am radio but that poo poo is just too much for me.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Good Citizen posted:

I've been reading too much cnn at work while waiting for requests to come back and I've gotten to the point where I silently utter a thank you to whatever God may exist when the comments are closed. I always knew it was bad but with all the stories related to race lately the place has gone full on rahowa.

I can handle extended periods of right wing am radio but that poo poo is just too much for me.

I remember back in junior year I clicked on a CNN article about the Richmond HS gang rape. First comment? "What kind of destructively naive liberal parent willingly sends their child to a school full of criminals like this? Oh right, the same one pushing the diversity which is destroying our country!"

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I remember back in junior year I clicked on a CNN article about the Richmond HS gang rape. First comment? "What kind of destructively naive liberal parent willingly sends their child to a school full of criminals like this? Oh right, the same one pushing the diversity which is destroying our country!"

And honestly that's like a 2/10 on the outrageous cnn comments scale

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Baudolino posted:

Is this sarcasm?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

AcidRonin posted:

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

Star Man posted:

Aren't a lot of MRAs also divorced?

While I can't generalize about the readership (though the comments sections are always cesspools), one of the most popular -- and worst -- MRA/PUA blogs, the one started by that "Roissy" character who I think turned over the writing reins at some point, has, as its very first two posts back in 2007, "how to win back an ex-gf" and "how old is too old to stay in the dating game?" It explains so much of the rage and bile that came afterward.

edit: Creed's music has been a CIA experiment in psychological warfare; I knew it.

Von Sloneker fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 13, 2014

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I bet the CIA didn't even give Stapp cool spy gadgets.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I've never had to look at this Scott Stapp before, why does he look like jowled Lorenzo Lamas with a vertical section added to the center of his head?

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

I never watch Hannity. Its a good thing because after watching this eight minute clip I have a passionate desire to bash his face in.

http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/12/08/hannity-to-tavis-smiley-about-the-role-of-race/201804

Someone really needs to make Sean Hannity punching bags.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

stinkles1112 posted:

Is this sarcasm?

The guy self-identifies as a gamer, so probably not.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

beatlegs posted:

I never watch Hannity. Its a good thing because after watching this eight minute clip I have a passionate desire to bash his face in.

http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/12/08/hannity-to-tavis-smiley-about-the-role-of-race/201804

That would only make him more money. The reason he right loves Hannity, Limbaugh, etc so much is because "LOL they make those liberals soooo mad!" I've found solace in just waiting for one of my right wing relatives to repeat some talking points so I can give them the old "Hmmm, indeeeed..."

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

How are u posted:

The guy self-identifies as a gamer, so probably not.

I genuinely wish I could tell without asking anymore, but if this is your actual approach to human interaction then you have bigger things to worry about than coming across as "reckless and macho"

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

SedanChair posted:

I've never had to look at this Scott Stapp before, why does he look like jowled Lorenzo Lamas with a vertical section added to the center of his head?

He's gotten increasingly Robert Z'Dar-like as he's aged.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE

I really want this in avatar form. Also most if the people called in moron trivia were minorites. Im just saying.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I can't imagine that someone probably working 80 hours a week to try to support a household is probably not well-versed in trivia.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

beatlegs posted:

Now listen here black person...

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Please Tavis Smiley attend even one day of primary school and you will understand everything!

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Holy poo poo I didn't even need to see the video. The screenshot said it all.

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

beatlegs posted:

The greed of government.. over and over.. they really aren't going to let this one be about anything but taxes are they? Does someone have to announce "I'm going to kill this unarmed black man for I am a racist" and then kill said unarmed black person on video in front of a grand jury for them to not defend the cop?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Cpt.Americant posted:

The greed of government.. over and over.. they really aren't going to let this one be about anything but taxes are they? Does someone have to announce "I'm going to kill this unarmed black man for I am a racist" and then kill said unarmed black person on video in front of a grand jury for them to not defend the cop?

Haha, get a load of this guy, thinking they wouldn't defend that cop.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Cpt.Americant posted:

Depends on who he was really racist against. Can't be putting our anti-Mexican cops out on their rear end just because they shot a black man.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It's important for juries not to show bias or prejudice, so they're selected by a filter process to screen out potential jurors who might take issue with a cop's bias or prejudices.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I think Breitbart got into the weed

quote:

January 21, 2025

Now that Jeb Bush—known widely as Bush 45, or Bush cuarenta y cinco, or, simply, El Jefe Jeb—has completed his two terms in the White House, we can look back and summarize some of the major events of his administration.

As we know, America has seen great change during the third Bush presidency, starting with its population, which has grown by some 30 percent these past eight years. Indeed, today, well more than 400 million people live in America—most of them either citizens, or citizens-to-be. And while establishing Spanish as the Second Language of America has not been without controversy, such mandatory bilingualism is, as House Speaker Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) has said, a fitting tribute to the historic trailblazing role of First Lady Columba Garnica Gallo Bush.

And so it’s worth pausing over some of the highlights of the Bush 45 era.

We can start, first, with the Milagro de 2016—the Miracle of 2016. In particular, how did Jeb manage to overcome the accumulated “Bush fatigue” of the previous three-and-a-half decades? How did Jeb transcend the instinctive anti-dynastic impulses of the American people?

Part of his success was a deliberate indirection as to his intentions. For the better part of three years, from 2013 to 2015, Jeb seemed to go back and forth, zigging and zagging; that is, he would seem like a candidate one day, and then seem not like a candidate the next day. During that time, many other possible Republican candidates had their brief moment in the sun; yet none were able to gain momentum so long as Jeb was waiting in the wings.

In particular, early on, Jeb clinched what came to be known as the “Establishment sub-primary” within the Republican primary of 2016. After much agonizing and maneuvering, two other “Establishment” candidates, Mitt Romney and Chris Christie, chose not to run. As a result, Jeb inherited the whole of the “Establishment”—not only its votes, but, just as importantly, its money. (Romney, of course, became the first Treasury Secretary in the Bush 45 administration, and Christie still serves as an Associate Justice of the US Supreme Court.)

Then, once Jeb was anointed—and funded—as the only “Establishment” candidate in the 2016 nomination battle, he went on to win the GOP nomination, following the all-but-announced strategy of snubbing the conservative base and rallying moderates.

Jeb’s candidacy—emphasizing “Comprehensive Immigration Reform” and “Common Core” education standards—was anathema to many on the right, but the proliferation of conservative candidates enabled Jeb to power through to the nomination. In total, conservatives won most of the votes, but those votes were divided among many candidates; in state after state, Jeb could eke his way forward with a plurality of the votes.

Yes, Jeb lost the key early states of Iowa and South Carolina, but his second-place showing in New Hampshire—bolstered, of course, by a huge financial cushion—enabled him to survive until he reached the Florida primary. Jeb’s victory in his home state was duly celebrated by the media, who pronounced him the “Comeback Kid.”

And so, in a fragmented field, Jeb rolled on to win the 2016 GOP nomination.

The second highlight in our history was the emergence of Jeb’s new coalition—or, as it is better known, nueva coalición. This new coalition, of course, was made possible in part because of the implosion of the Democrats in 2016.

And as we all know, the Democrats have yet to recover, at least at the national level, from the pitiful failure of Hillary Rodham Clinton in her quest for the Democratic nomination in 2016. The story of Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s decisive defeat of Clinton in the primary has been told in other places, but here we can note that the biggest beneficiary of Clinton’s humiliation was, ultimately, Jeb.

Yet even so, Jeb had a surprisingly hard time winning the presidency in the November general election. Notably, he seemed inordinately determined to defend the controversial policies of both his father, President George H.W. Bush, and his brother, President George W. Bush. In particular, Jeb was eager to defend both the pledge-breaking tax increase of Bush 41 and the Iraq war of Bush 43. Jeb’s stubborn display of family loyalty was admired by some, but it was disdained by many. (Jeb, of course, refused to take a similar anti-tax pledge in 2016, thus, as we remember, fully keeping his options open in the White House.)

However, Jeb’s faltering 2016 candidacy was saved by the quasi-endorsement that he received from Bill Clinton on the eve of the election; the former president’s warm words—in which he seemed to speak, as well, for Hillary—proved decisive in bringing many “Clinton Democrats” into Jeb’s camp.

And of course, Clinton’s assistance during the campaign opened the door to a flood of Clinton people joining the new Bush administration, and to the emergence of a “Bushton”—that is, “Bush” and “Clinton”—governing ideology. Indeed, as we later learned, it was more than a Freudian slip when Bush 43 referred to Hillary as a “sister-in-law” back in 2014; members of the once-rival families did, in fact, marry each other, as well as work together, during Jeb’s presidency.

Thus Jeb Bush was able to defeat Elizabeth Warren in the 2016 election. Yes, Jeb had to deal with an insurgent third party on the right, but he shrewdly chose former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee as his 2016 running mate, and that choice tamped down much of the conservative opposition. (As we recall, Huckabee never really fit in with Team Bush, and he was dropped from the ticket when Jeb ran for re-election in 2020, being replaced by Rob Portman, the former Ohio senator.)

Of course, the big issue in Jeb’s first term was the full implementation of Barack Obama’s amnesty plan for illegal aliens—oops, under the new law, we are required now to refer to them only as migrants. As early as December 2014, it was evident that massive numbers of illegals would seek to gain the benefits of the Obama amnesty, and that process continued during the 2016 campaign and during the Bush 45 presidency. Jeb’s oft-repeated observation—that migrants came to the US as an “act of love”—played poorly among traditional Republican voters.

The result, of course, was a huge decline of support in traditionally Republican precincts; as we know, the Democrats recaptured the Senate in 2016 and the House in 2018. As a result, the presidency of Bush 45 came to resemble the presidency of Bush 41—that is, a weak chief executive dominated by a Democratic Congress.

In the White House, Jeb did his best to follow pro-business policies, but at every turn, his efforts were checked by the Congressional Democrats. Eventually, as we know, Jeb gave up; not only did he agree to a substantial tax increase, but he signed on to what became known as Amnesty 3.0.

The result of the new amnesty, as we remember, was further social convulsion, as millions more migrants poured in across the border. And in Middle America, gun sales skyrocketed; new Hispanic citizens, in fact, have been among the most enthusiastic gun-buyers. Moreover, as we know, the murder rate in the US has soared; “law and order” has became a key national theme—even if neither national party has been able to provide it.

Interestingly, for all their strength at the Congressional level, the Democrats were unable to develop strength at the presidential level—they were too far to the left. So while huge percentages of the American people told pollsters that they thought that the country was going in the wrong direction under Jeb, the Democrats still failed, because they did not present a plausible national alternative.

Indeed, the three power brokers that emerged in the Democratic Party after 2016 were New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio, civil rights activist and TV host Al Sharpton, and Green billionaire Tom Steyer. Under the influence of this left-wing troika, Democrats badly overplayed their hand on class warfare, anti-police protests, and “climate change” activism. As a result, the Democrats were relegated to the far left and were badly defeated in the 2020 presidential election.

President Bush was not popular, but the Democrats were even less popular.

In fact, in that 2020 election, President Bush himself faced an insurgent challenge from within his own Republican Party. Yet after four years in office, he had perfected the strategy of mobilizing the nueva coalición on his behalf, and so he breezed to renomination and re-election.

So today, after eight years of Bush III, America is a profoundly different country. As noted, the US population is now more than 400 million; Hispanics long ago eclipsed African Americans as the “main minority.” Indeed, today, Hispanics serve as the governors of such mega-states as Arizona, California, Florida, and Texas, bringing with them their own unique style of populist politics.

Today, it is often said of the United States of America that it is no longer united, not really a state, and barely American—unless one also counts Latin America.

But of course, that’s been the Bush Family Dream for decades: The New World Order is here.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
I'd actually be okay with all of that. Bush '16!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I think Breitbart got into the weed

What with the Homeroticisism? Also I wold be fine with Jeb as President if what they describe happens.