Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

euphronius posted:

What is a good dancing game and maybe dance mat? For my 8 year old

We have a PS3 and a wii

They don't really make those anymore, to the point where PS2's are still expensive in Japan specifically because of its library of DDR and other rhythm games (and a few other genres with sub-par representation). Your best best is going to be Just Dance for the Wii (or PS3 if you have the PS Move/Camera).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Smash Bros is out, but my go-to game for when I'm on transit has been Monster Hunter 3U. It's still fun even after 260+ hours in it, but are there other 3DS games I can sink a bunch of time into? Already have Bravely Default and thought it was really great.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Smash Bros is out, but my go-to game for when I'm on transit has been Monster Hunter 3U. It's still fun even after 260+ hours in it, but are there other 3DS games I can sink a bunch of time into? Already have Bravely Default and thought it was really great.

Monster Hunter 4U is getting a western release soon :unsmigghh:

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
i am about to play fallout 3 for the very first time. also i have never played fallout 1 or 2 or new vegas or anything else

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

right now i am watching a youtube of a bald guy with a goatee explaining how to make the game work

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Kewpuh posted:

i am about to play fallout 3 for the very first time. also i have never played fallout 1 or 2 or new vegas or anything else

Save yourself some heartache and play New Vegas instead.

Even if you've never played the original Fallouts, Fallout 3 is incredibly disappointing. If you have played the originals then it just gets worse as Bethesda took a big steaming crap over everything.

New Vegas, on the other hand, is a huge labour of love and everything about it is so drat well done.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

perhaps you should just play new vegas instead :smug:

e: unironically

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

okay i just bought new vegas and it is downloading

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
New vegas is fun because it takes the idea that you can go anywhere at any time and blocks you from that. If you do manage to go somewhere it breaks the story line.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Third World Reggin posted:

New vegas is fun because it takes the idea that you can go anywhere at any time and blocks you from that. If you do manage to go somewhere it breaks the story line.

You can go anywhere in New Vegas and it doesn't break the storyline. You can wander to new vegas directly from the start of the game and the story will progress just fine.

Unlike in Fallout 3 where you can accidentally stumble upon your dad and skip half the story in an instant.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

sombody did it in the dedicated thread and with the exception of primm for some reason everyone reacted just fine if you go straight to vegas murder benny and then walk backwards to goodsprings

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Third World Reggin posted:

I did that. I managed to walk directly north to Vegas and sneak, mostly, past all the horrors by doing stimulants to help survive against all the brutally high level monsters and bandits.
Then I went around the intended path and had a laugh putting the story all together.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

i enjoyed the design philosophy behind putting a zone of the hardest enemies in the game between the players starting position and the main city. pretty much everyone has a story of deathclaw valley

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Before you begin kewpah let us get you some mods

http://www.loverslab.com/files/category/10-fallout-new-vegas-adult-mods/

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Fallout 3 and New Vegas are both worth sinking lots of time into. I love the setting of Fallout 3, bombed out DC wastes were fun to comb through and explore for hours on end. Liberty Prime is still the best thing.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

i always read that as lover slab

also the jsawyer mod owns

e: for all the hate fo3 gets the national mall owns

Raimundus
Apr 26, 2008

BARF! I THOUGHT I WOULD LIKE SMELLING DOG BUTTS BUT I GUESS I WAS WRONG!
Could a kind soul direct me to a populated, unmodded or lightly modded Minecraft server?

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
fallout 3 was the poo poo. New vegas was the poo poo too. I also loved oblivion. Got bad opinions all day if you want them.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

New Vegas is pretty amazing. Wander your happy rear end into deathclaw valley and don't come back until you've made the trek successfully

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
3 is good, New Vegas is better.

Also new Wolfenstein is rad.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!

Ddraig posted:

Save yourself some heartache and play New Vegas instead.

Even if you've never played the original Fallouts, Fallout 3 is incredibly disappointing. If you have played the originals then it just gets worse as Bethesda took a big steaming crap over everything.

New Vegas, on the other hand, is a huge labour of love and everything about it is so drat well done.

Kewpuh posted:

okay i just bought new vegas and it is downloading

3 is better than new vegas

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
I sinked so many hours into Fallout 3 on the 360, I love it then New Vegas came out and it became one of my all time favorite games. You did good Kewpuh!

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Stux posted:

You're like a machine designed to post terrible and completely wrong poo poo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

univbee posted:

They don't really make those anymore, to the point where PS2's are still expensive in Japan specifically because of its library of DDR and other rhythm games (and a few other genres with sub-par representation). Your best best is going to be Just Dance for the Wii (or PS3 if you have the PS Move/Camera).

Thanks mate will go with the wii

It's amazing the wii is still pretty good even now like 10?? years post release.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Stux posted:

so this is why everyone hates you

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!
megaton for life gently caress your bourgeoise vegas ivory tower

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Stux posted:

Sir you appear to have a wiener on your head

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

hm yeah mod the game your first time playing it... graphcis mods still mods *kills u*

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
good screencap tho lmao that guy

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Stux posted:

Better at failing.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Stux posted:

The only upside to 3 was Liam Neeson and he dies halfway through the game.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

The only upside to 3 was Liam Neeson and he dies halfway through the game.

It was fun giving Vault Neeson a sword and having a foot race across the wastes while watching him wage war with everything in his path.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
I liked the robot companion that would kill loving everything inside rivet city with little to no provocation.

also old man lopez in rivet city that would only say "just leave me alone" and then jumped off of the superstructure.

far cry 3 was the tits

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

WTF! Dude's not even playing a stupid scarey game. No one want's to see your dumb face while you're just modding the game Dan :argh:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas are both very good games. You should play 3 first, though, because New Vegas adds to everything 3 did (including being buggier than week-old poo poo).

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Ddraig posted:

It's easy as poo poo, even easier than Batman. If you're half competent at video games the Nemesis system turns into a parade of Orcs that didn't get beheaded, much like a bowl full of turds that didn't flush.

The only difficult sections are the forced stealth which is still a thing. I remember Shadow of Rome had these awesome arena battles with much more satisfying combat than Mordor, it also had lovely stealth sections though.

I finally played through all of Shadow Of Rome this year. It owned. The stealth was garbo but the gladiator poo poo made up for it by far.

Mushball
May 23, 2012

The Kins posted:

Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas are both very good games. You should play 3 first, though, because New Vegas adds to everything 3 did (including being buggier than week-old poo poo).

I would argue that you wouldn't miss much by skipping 3 and jump straight into New Vegas aside from experiencing your character grow up in a vault with Liam Neeson as your dad and avoiding the risk of never finishing the game because you are drowning in what New Vegas has to offer (it seriously has a lot of poo poo to see and do if you take the time to look everywhere). I guess a lot of people were really attached to Liam Neeson and the vaults that they like 3 over New Vegas.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Play FO3 until the bad design starts to overshadow your enjoyment of the urban post-apoc setting, then take a quick breather and switch to NV.

The one thing Fallout 3 really did right was the setting, and even then didn't do a whole lot with it, admittedly, but I liked that it felt like an actual nuclear wasteland. The characters and setpieces and writing in NV are way better, but it's set in a dull-rear end loving desert that barely feels like the post-apocalypse. For the most part it could just as easily be a third world country populated by impoverished nomads (and the occasional robot and mutant).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Play FO3 until the bad design starts to overshadow your enjoyment of the urban post-apoc setting, then take a quick breather and switch to NV.

The one thing Fallout 3 really did right was the setting, and even then didn't do a whole lot with it, admittedly, but I liked that it felt like an actual nuclear wasteland. The characters and setpieces and writing in NV are way better, but it's set in a dull-rear end loving desert that barely feels like the post-apocalypse. For the most part it could just as easily be a third world country populated by impoverished nomads (and the occasional robot and mutant).

New Vegas is really more Post-Post Apocalyptic. The apocalypse happened about 200 years ago in it's timeline, and it shows. As desolate as it's set design is, 3's story probably should have been set just 20 years after the nukes fell

• Locked thread