Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Luigi Thirty posted:

no courier. we saw you and veronica talking to the elder. execute them.

*is level 24, dies instantly to 4 brotherhood of steel guys with gauss miniguns at point-blank range*

Get spun up on Turbo and you can get the job done easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Get spun up on Turbo and you can get the job done easily.

yeah i just shot up literally all of the drugs as soon as the conversation ended and i hacked them to death with a proton axe

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
so I just brought a toaster back to life and it started singing the praises of saturnite power fists. so like a smart rear end I pulled out the one I already had and showed it to the toaster.

and then the toaster set it on fire

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

that toaster is the best character in the whole game.

Even when you let him down by letting him know the world already burned in nuclear fire he instantly perks up with the new goal of doing it again.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Man Whore posted:

Even when you let him down by letting him know the world already burned in nuclear fire he instantly perks up with the new goal of doing it again.

I didn't have the heart to tell him. I told him I was just kidding.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
the moment where you offer to fix dr mobius's monitor and make the ghosts go away was surprisingly touching

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

mr sad posted:

the moment where you offer to fix dr mobius's monitor and make the ghosts go away was surprisingly touching

it's actually the moment where you realize you pass a science check and 8 spooges all over your laser gun

or where you find mobius's house and there's just thousands of boxes of mentats everywhere

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

dalas the one that gives you sex toys right

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i might start up new vegas again and try not to mod it much this time because i have a habit of installing way too many mods on things and forgetting to actually play the game

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i still don't really get people who mod the gently caress out of bethesda games. the list of actually not bad mods is very short usually

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Larry Parrish posted:

i still don't really get people who mod the gently caress out of bethesda games. the list of actually not bad mods is very short usually

new vegas has more good ones than most

skyrim has less because skyrim has so much poo poo hardcoded

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

StashAugustine posted:

If you're a dude you get cram and duct tape to make a fleshlight with and if you're a chick you get mcf cells becausr you can turn them into a vibrator

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'm replaying it right now with darnified UI, jesawyer mod and nevada skies (with an addon for visible nights) and the game looks and plays really well, I don't think you need much else to have a good New Vegas experience

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

give her a teddy bear for a special surprise

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
ugh I guess the hardcore mode achievement is bugged because I just beat the game after starting in hardcore mode and didn't get it

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Man Whore posted:

that toaster is the best character in the whole game.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I wanna see as much stuff as possible but I don't wanna do my usual standard weapons/sneak/science build, what should i build

I haven't done dlc besides dead money

edit:
fKarmaModKillingEvilActor from 100 to 5
fKarmaModKillingVeryEvilActor from 2 to 30

what in the world, default new vegas?

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Goat posted:

I wanna see as much stuff as possible but I don't wanna do my usual standard weapons/sneak/science build, what should i build

I haven't done dlc besides dead money

edit:
fKarmaModKillingEvilActor from 100 to 5
fKarmaModKillingVeryEvilActor from 2 to 30

what in the world, default new vegas?

I've done an unarmed playthrough and it's a hoot. Team up with Veronica and punch your way across the Mojave

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

turbo owns for unarmed runs and indeed in general

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
I need to know if there's a mod that makes the noise that would play on Chappelle's Show whenever Tyrone Biggums drank some Red Balls play when you eat some Turbo.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Did I stutter?

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Man Whore posted:

Did I stutter?

um excuse me

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
No-Bark's response when you ask him about the attacks on the Brahmin corral is probably the funniest dialog in the game.

slingshot effect
Sep 28, 2009

the wonderful wizard of welp

mr sad posted:

ugh I guess the hardcore mode achievement is bugged because I just beat the game after starting in hardcore mode and didn't get it

did you open the console at any point during the session where you should've landed the achievement? that disables achievements triggering during that sessions, i always have to restart the game because I accidentally mashed the tilde key or w/e.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

slingshot effect posted:

did you open the console at any point during the session where you should've landed the achievement? that disables achievements triggering during that sessions, i always have to restart the game because I accidentally mashed the tilde key or w/e.

I don't think so. the only out of the ordinary thing i can think of is that my xbox controller ran out of batteries

edit: thgough while looking for solutions I ran across this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959557-fallout-new-vegas/57236095

quote:

If you're like me, you find hardcore mode an annoyance that gets in the way of exploration and item collecting, but you still want the achievement. Here's how to do it in less than 2 hours without killing anyone (almost):

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

quote:

If you're like me, you enjoy playing hardcore and recognize achievements as cheap marketing gimmicks that appeal directly to the frat boy mindset.

*nods once, slowly*

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

I like weighted ammo and some of the changes to healing but the food stuff was just a minor annoyance. I tried looking for a mod that only added weighted ammo but was never able to find one so RIP.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
doesn't hardcore force you to use a doctor's bag to fix your limbs, rather than just hitting it with a stimpack? it seems like that's the biggest change (unless i'm misremembering)

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

It also makes stimpacks heal over time.

The biggest change is adding survival meters like food and thirst, that poo poo bores the gently caress out of me.

Dec 26, 2012

mr sad posted:

doesn't hardcore force you to use a doctor's bag to fix your limbs, rather than just hitting it with a stimpack? it seems like that's the biggest change (unless i'm misremembering)

hydra works very well too

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Man Whore posted:

The biggest change is adding survival meters like food and thirst, that poo poo bores the gently caress out of me.

those aren't real big changes though since dealing with them is so inconsequential.

if there were no way to remove radiation at all, not with rad-away, not with doctors, then survival would be more interesting. i don't think it would be very fun, but you'd at least have to pay attention to what you're doing w/r/t food and water rather than just drink out of any ol toilet you see

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the only thing i hate about the hardcore mode is that it takes away fast travel. yeah sure let me walk across this same trackless desert four or five times for quests --nobody, ever

i mean at least the world is fairly small and squished in but jesus, give a man a silly motorcycle or a rad-horse or something.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

the only thing i hate about the hardcore mode is that it takes away fast travel. yeah sure let me walk across this same trackless desert four or five times for quests --nobody, ever

i mean at least the world is fairly small and squished in but jesus, give a man a silly motorcycle or a rad-horse or something.

it doesnt though?

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

it doesnt.. stupid bitch

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
lol that guy walked real far but he didn't have to

Dec 26, 2012

lol you hosed up son

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Titty Warlord posted:

it doesnt.. stupid bitch

lol that dog looks real mad.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
remember how one of the big selling points of fallout 3 was that you get a dog companion?

lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mr sad posted:

remember how one of the big selling points of fallout 3 was that you get a dog companion?

lol

That's not funny you piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

mr sad posted:

lol

I never found where it was

• Locked thread