Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

bell jar posted:

gently caress you

seriously how is this remotely humourous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

bell jar posted:

these reports are unconfirmed afaik

TV shows the Opera House is deserted - it's been evacuated.

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"

Splode posted:

gently caress, I hope I got the address right on my secret santa gift

kill yourself

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Sanguine posted:

Local ABC news radio is reporting the opera house was evacuated due to a suspicious package, too.

:gay:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Abbott holding a presser in ~20 minutes.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Comstar posted:

They planned on tolling the West Gate, Tullamarine and Eastern Freeway because it was several billion short.

LOL tolling the West Gate (again). There goes all the western suburbs/districts votes right there if it went ahead

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

katlington posted:

My money is homegrown group. Not directly affiliated but symathetic to overseas assholes.

Probably helped by anyone who feels the need to go and fight being banned from leaving.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Poor Splode

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
Idiots will be idiots

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

hiddenmovement posted:

Hey

Hey

HEY

It's only one looney mate

loving Canadian! Lest we forget, close the border.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Comstar posted:

TV shows the Opera House is deserted - it's been evacuated.

i've been hearing conflicting reports that its either due to SOP because of high security and/or suspicious package. no confirmation on the cause of evacuation yet afaik

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

as horrible as this is, its awfully convenient that hockey et al don't have to front to the myefo presser today

e: not suggesting a link between the events, just convenient timing

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Hockey's confirmed he's not giving the MLP:FiM today

Pyramid Scheme
May 21, 2007

bell jar posted:

as horrible as this is, its awfully convenient that hockey et al don't have to front to the myefo presser today

Today's the day that all the state and federal departments will release the bad news they've been sitting on.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

You Am I posted:

LOL tolling the West Gate (again). There goes all the western suburbs/districts votes right there if it went ahead

Tolling the West Gate would choke that part of the city to death, achieving the total opposite of what they had intended. Also the western suburbs vote labor pretty hard, they probably decided they didn't care about those votes. My favorite part of the release this morning is that East-West will take 56 years to pay off based on projected tolls from the project!

i got banned
Sep 24, 2010

lol abbottwon
This siege and the way the Liberals will increase security for our safety ensures the Liberals get in for a second term. Calling it now.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

hiddenmovement posted:

Tolling the West Gate would choke that part of the city to death, achieving the total opposite of what they had intended. Also the western suburbs vote labor pretty hard, they probably decided they didn't care about those votes. My favorite part of the release this morning is that East-West will take 56 years to pay off based on projected tolls from the project!
Yeah, but a lot of rural voters who vote Nats would be very pissed off.

VALUE FOR MONEY PEOPLE! NO NEED FOR A BUSINESS CASE!

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Hockey's confirmed he's not giving the MLP:FiM today

"terrorist attack shuts down government"

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

i got banned posted:

This siege and the way the Liberals will increase security for our safety ensures the Liberals get in for a second term. Calling it now.

I always said the only thing that would save Tony at this point was a terrorist attack.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

i got banned posted:

Yeah this is the lucky break Tones needed, though he'll probably still gently caress it up.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

bell jar posted:

gently caress you

seriously how is this remotely humourous

I laughed. I also laughed at he post crying about militarised police during a hostage solution.

Pyramid Scheme
May 21, 2007

Bruno is getting so much air time, poor guy.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Murodese posted:

I always said the only thing that would save Tony at this point was a terrorist attack.

2 years off from an election, i am not sure that he will be able to ride this wave for too long

piss explosion
Apr 2, 2005
I THINK MURDER AND BIGOTRY ARE FUNNY!!

Murodese posted:

"terrorist attack shuts down government"

"Brave Hockey slashes foreign aid terrorist aid budget, LNP primary vote up 20%"

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

bell jar posted:

Honestly would not be surprised in the least if those AFP raids were set to today to take some heat off Hockey and it backfired spectacularly, but that's getting into conspiracy theorist territory.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

bell jar posted:

2 years off from an election, i am not sure that he will be able to ride this wave for too long

Not if there is an early election.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

You Am I posted:

Yeah, but a lot of rural voters who vote Nats would be very pissed off.

VALUE FOR MONEY PEOPLE! NO NEED FOR A BUSINESS CASE!

Every poster in this forum will be dead or elderly by the time that thing is paid off.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Can't wait for american opinions on this

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
There's no way Abbott will not gently caress this up. He hosed up Syria, he hosed up Ukraine, he hosed up the G20 and he will gently caress up this.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

It feels like bad taste to speculate and bemoan political outcomes while an incident is still on going.

OTOH ABC just showed a guy in the cafe with a bandana but no beard I repeat :siren:NO BEARD.:siren: No word yet on if a tracksuit is being worn.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
Has anyone here been to burger bro?

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/danielmeers/status/544290862880931841

quote:

For those wondering Cabinet's National Security Committee is: Abbott, Truss, Bishop, Johnston, Brandis, Morrison and Hockey.

Well, it was nice knowing you guys.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Senor Tron posted:

Not if there is an early election.

i can only hope that this doesn't turn out for abbott like it did for howard in 2001

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Anidav posted:

Now is the time for crazy to spread and be yelled from the rooftops.

guns dont kill people moslems kill people

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Is this even a proper terrorist attack yet? It's a hostage situation with no casualties, no bombs, no demands and the only indication it isn't anything more than a poorly-thought out hostage situation is the shahada flag. Right now it doesn't even compare to the likes of the Bali or London bombings or obviously the 9/11 attacks, outside of very questionable sources saying there are bombs everywhere in Sydney, and I don't see how this could prop up a disintegrating government for the next two years

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
If we'd banned the burqa this never would have happened.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

cpaf posted:

Is this even a proper terrorist attack yet? It's a hostage situation with no casualties, no bombs, no demands and the only indication it isn't anything more than a poorly-thought out hostage situation is the shahada flag. Right now it doesn't even compare to the likes of the Bali or London bombings or obviously the 9/11 attacks, outside of very questionable sources saying there are bombs everywhere in Sydney, and I don't see how this could prop up a disintegrating government for the next two years

Lone gunman holds up cafe. If the flag wasn't there, this would've flown completely under the radar.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Anidav posted:

There's no way Abbott will not gently caress this up. He hosed up Syria, he hosed up Ukraine, he hosed up the G20 and he will gently caress up this.

He is about to do a press thing, apparently. I'm ready for some duuuuuumb stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Remember MH370 and Abbott's half-hourly pressers? He's going to step it up and give a presser every 6 minutes.

• Locked thread