Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
this other Chicago franchise can just gently caress right off though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Saberhagen team goals: crush Julian Melendez's spirit

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Oh how cute, my 7 stamina closer man pitched a whole inning!

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.

Power of Pecota posted:

Saberhagen team goals: crush Julian Melendez's spirit

0.79 WHIP and 3.86 ERA is an awesome stat line

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/Boxscore.aspx?gid=67554996&pbp=1 Vinny hits 2 grand slams. Good times.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Roosevelt Bolick is tied for 5th in the league in walks allowed with 9.

All 9 came in his most recent start.

chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

i hate my team and all my players are poo poo

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
Huh, every AL division has two teams tied for first, and the NL East has a three-way tie at 7-7. Weird.

e: jeff is tied for last (wit the dying former Montgomery Burnses) at 5-9 :stare:

ee: I also have the most runs scored and best pythag :stare: :stare: :staredog: :getin:

uublog fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Dec 12, 2014

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

1/3rd of my runs allowed this season have been given up by Derrick Graves, Jarrett Melfi and Tom Jakubauskas.

Destroy all bullpens.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Bullpens are a game of random chance every season which is why i'm embracing "set everyone to Setup A" approach.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Zimmer has rolled, we're in Season 3, so a chance to get a young franchise if you wanna go that route. We've had a handful of goons bail since last season ( :( ) but there's still plenty of us around. Should have about 4-5 openings, including a few teams with top 6 picks.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
FINALLY

you should def take one of these teams if you have enough spare money to lose and you're not Art. Maybe if you build the franchise back up again you can be the one to eliminate me in the NLDS, instead of some non-goon!

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Wally Leary: An Ode to 98 Patience

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

nasboat posted:

Zimmer has rolled, we're in Season 3, so a chance to get a young franchise if you wanna go that route. We've had a handful of goons bail since last season ( :( ) but there's still plenty of us around. Should have about 4-5 openings, including a few teams with top 6 picks.

I'm coming back on Thursday.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/Boxscore.aspx?gid=67604149&pbp=1

:suicide:

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

I lost my first series of the season because of that fuckin game and a walk-off error, god dammit

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Heinie Bradley is going to haunt me forever

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
The 20-game service time wait ends after tonight's game, right?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

tatankatonk posted:

The 20-game service time wait ends after tonight's game, right?

This was my understanding.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1zsSaLiD7Q

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

nasboat posted:

Reminder that we have 3 openings, teams with picks 4, 5 and 11 in the upcoming draft. The team with the 4th pick has some cool young cheap ML talent too.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

nasboat posted:

Reminder that we have 3 openings, teams with picks 4, 5 and 11 in the upcoming draft. The team with the 4th pick has some cool young cheap ML talent too.

Murphy is taking the team with the 4th pick. Two spots left! Join us!

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Seriously, what the gently caress is going on with Slim Norton at 3B? I know he's not an elite level 3B, but goddamn.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Matt Cambridge's season is pretty hilarious so far:

(more than 1/3rd of his hits allowed have left the park)

EvilBeard posted:

Seriously, what the gently caress is going on with Slim Norton at 3B? I know he's not an elite level 3B, but goddamn.

Small Sample Sizes™

chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

AlleyViper posted:

Small Sample Sizes™

I want this to be my answer to everything, but then I look up and it's 120 games played and my team is still crap.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Very excited for the latest round of major engine/UI improvements to not be made with this latest round of maintenance

+ As an aside, Luke/Mullin/Mintz have totaled as many BB as the rest of my hitters combined, and that includes 3 BB by pitchers hitting

ThatsMyBoye fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Dec 16, 2014

stimpy
Jul 27, 2004

Cap'n Scrap'n of the Hit Brigade
what's the o/u on an actual uptime, 3pm?

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

It's back up now, pm1 cycle delayed ~30 minutes per their banner

stimpy
Jul 27, 2004

Cap'n Scrap'n of the Hit Brigade

ThatsMyBoye posted:

It's back up now, pm1 cycle delayed ~30 minutes per their banner

I'm still getting a blank page

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

stimpy posted:

I'm still getting a blank page

Same here, it's coming back with errors whenever I try and reach the main HBD site.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Hm maybe clear cache? I'm not having any issue switching between teams and loading pages.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Tavarin posted:

Same here, it's coming back with errors whenever I try and reach the main HBD site.

Yea this happened to me. Close the tab and open a new one and you will be logged out. Sometimes they screw up their cookies.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:fuckoff: brett mcknight

(obv it's working for me though honestly I'd rather it wasn't if it meant not reading that box score)

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Scrotos posted:

Yea this happened to me. Close the tab and open a new one and you will be logged out. Sometimes they screw up their cookies.

Yeah, that did the trick.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

"Hardball Dynasty is temporarily offine. It will be back up shortly. We are dealing with a problem from earlier today affecting a small number of worlds (23 of them). In each instance, its 11:00a ET games and tasks were run twice. More details to come. "

Hm yes that's the good stuff

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

lmao

and I bet the maintenance was just routine maintenance and no update whatsoever

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

jeez, reading the entire forums post, that was a big gently caress-up

nothing running until tomorrow at 11am now

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

nasboat posted:

You broke it.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

nasboat posted:

bahahaha that means they do not take database backups before an update. Or they could just restore that and keep going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

good loving lord how do they manage to gently caress up all of the things all of the time :ughh:

• Locked thread