Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Oh, Piraro, you're so much better than the rest of us. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

"On on" his wrist radio? Is Dick Tracy a hasher?

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

GorfZaplen posted:

Classic Prince Valiant

"And their language... not like that of normal men! The brave warriors of Thule sink bewildered under an onslaught of punning references to viperless milk..."

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac JFC, look at this strip.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

I still think Pibgorn's 'Romeo and Juliet' was the biggest bomb to hit the stage this year.

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

At the rate they're going, they should reach Paris some time in the spring of 1952.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
"Hey, Tina's Groove writer, I'll bet you $50 you can't get your editor to sign off on drawing Tina full-blown naked in the Sunday funnies!"

Also it took me a second to realize the candle didn't, like, explode and blow her clothes off. It was just a plain old magic wish-granting candle. :downs:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

At the rate they're going, they should reach Paris some time in the spring of 1952.

Those bikes must be heavy; I wonder why they chose to carry them like that. Even if they didn't feel like riding them, it seems like it would be easier to roll them along on the ground next to them rather than awkwardly carrying them by their handlebars.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Today went pear-shaped in a hurry, so I'm doing the short Sunday. My apologies for screwing up my fake Internet obligations again.

Peanuts (December 17, 1967)

Funky Scorched-Retinabean

Out Our Way (March 31-April 1, 1926)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

A little searching suggests the painting the boys are looking at is Custer's Last Fight. Prints of this were distributed to bars as advertising freebies by Anheuser-Busch, hence the reference to the 18th Amendment.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Okay, now we're onto the next story.

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Deep Dark Fears

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Wanamingo posted:

But the third guy is holding his cell phone with his left hand. Um...

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Beeg posted:

And the fourth guy looks like Alfie. Facts don't matter worth a drat when Inspector Danger's on the case.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Wanamingo posted:

I love that Alfie in the second-last panel considers an hour of gaming "wow"-worthy.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Mister Beeg posted:

Also that's the way that I would rake, and I'm right-handed.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Mister Beeg posted:

Ah, but that guy has a checkable alibi. Solving Inspector Danger may be 90% bullshit, but I think he likes to throw in 10% actual mystery logic every now and then to keep us on our toes.

Also, yeah, that's totally right-handed raking there.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Prince Valiant

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Big Ben Bolt

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I hated how Detective Dan had himself driven to a few different locations and checked out their mail before he decided to enter a house as opposed to getting a search warrant for each location.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mirage posted:

"Hey, Tina's Groove writer, I'll bet you $50 you can't get your editor to sign off on drawing Tina full-blown naked in the Sunday funnies!"
"Hey Gilchrist..."

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
The depiction of Finns in Prince Valiant is totally off and perpetuates the myth that they are all actually Mongols. Luckily Fingerpori represents a more accurate picture of them, puns included:

- Eino Ahmasto will not attend the European Athletics Championship
- The reason given is a sudden sprain
THE PREVIOUS NIGHT:
- Come on Eino, stay a while longer
- Well all right... but just one pint

(The word for sprain/strain, "venähdys", is also used when you're out at night and "suddenly" one pint turns into jägerbombs and whatnot. The expression is "ilta venähti", which would literally be "the evening sprained". Of course "venähdys" comes from "venyä", which means to stretch, so the expression can also mean "the evening stretched" which kind of works in English too, but that's enough :words: about Thule-raiding pygmies.)

VVVV Mandrake's dad owns

Darkest Auer fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Dec 15, 2014

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Classic Prince Valiant

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

bonestructure posted:

"And their language... not like that of normal men! The brave warriors of Thule sink bewildered under an onslaught of punning references to viperless milk..."
And then they retreat in a Man Train formation.

And holy poo poo that's one scared Val in that last one a couple posts up.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

"Encouraging subjects to volunteer information" = "Enhanced Interrogation Techniques" = Torture

The Phantom: He tortures people.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Yeah I guess that's one way to handle the elephant in the room in your comic strip.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

WindyMan posted:

"Encouraging subjects to volunteer information" = "Enhanced Interrogation Techniques" = Torture

The Phantom: He tortures people.

This has been explicitly confirmed several times now. My favourite example was one time where he had a prisoner and just started beating the poo poo out of him and goes "Eventually I'm going to ask you some questions. When I do, feel free to answer promptly." then just carries on with the beating.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

I'm not sure why you think the presence of an angel is a nightmare-free zone.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Guy in the hat was obviously in the restaurant yesterday.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Holy poo poo, I had forgotten how slow this comic moves.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Non Sequitur

:v:

Heavenly Nostrils

Kliban

This is not going to work out very well.

9 Chickweed Lane 12/15/2003

Even though I agree with the logic, that was still a pretty smart-assed comment there, Amos.

Zits

Kevin & Kell

Christ on a crutch. This strip never ceases to surprise me with new levels of weirdness. I guess it's right up there with "nude Tina".

I really like these.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Skippy (October 10, 1927)

Peanuts (December 19, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean gives us a moment that begs for Rat and his baseball bat.

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way salutes the birthday boy! (April 2-3, 1926)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Dec 17, 2014

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Personally, I think the concept of Santa delivering body parts to children is rather more disturbing than the idea of a lecherous old man in a restaurant.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac which has NOTHING TO DO with mutilated corpses or nudity.

The Creeps which...might.

Poptropica features drowning though, so there's that...

Heathcliff is always naked.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

The best cat comic of our age ruined because the artist can't stop masturbating over gams and gums.

If someone ever collected all the Chickweed cat comics together, it would legitimately be a fantastic read.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
How many Nancys have just had her aunt just looking stoned out of her mind listening to some old music? It feels like there's atleast one or two a month.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County gets Old Hollywood on us.

Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ham Shears has an easy-to-draw fourth panel.

The Dinette Set helps the environment in the grosses way possible.

Working Daze still sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

This kind of feast-or-famine stuff happens a lot in my line of work, and it's a pain in the rear end. It's hard to put yourself back into working mode after you spent the last week goofing off and making comic strip edits. Expect the Unexpected Comix.

Nice job on that egg nog there, colourist. Not a lot of people know that the traditional recipe includes a dash of clamato.

Ballard Street

Another colouring mistake here, obviously. If the fire was hot enough to burn through the leather of that briefcase, Martin's calves should be blackened and splitting open like a turkey that went straight into the oven from the freezer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

RandomFerret posted:

Nice job on that egg nog there, colourist. Not a lot of people know that the traditional recipe includes a dash of clamato.

What, you don't have huge bowls of Pepto-Bismol at your parties?

• Locked thread