Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
What does Paul Heyman say to Brock in bed after the lights go out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Then. Now. Forever.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

Jerusalem posted:

Again that was 100% intended. The cords pull him up short so the audience knows that it is tethered, as well as giving Dean the excuse to put extra added force into his next attempt, which backfires on him and costs him the match.

i may just be a big fat non-wrestleman, but i've never managed to make something explode by unplugging it. in fact, i'm relatively certain that to make something explode, you have to add more electricity to it.

Signal 19
Jul 18, 2005

Mega Downs
That was the worst kind of bad. Completely forgettable. A few neat spots here and there, but mostly just boring matches, boring booking, and nothing that was comically awful.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Less Heyman, more Ambrose cam.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

There must have been a make a wish kid in the crowd who was gonna die by 10 otherwise I have no idea why Cena didn't go on last

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
Dean is alright :unsmith:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Heyman pointing out how stale the main event scene in WWE is.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ambrose is doing stuff in the ring, let us see it!

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
poo poo I didn't know TVs could do that.

I'm never unplugging anything ever again.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

There must have been a make a wish kid in the crowd who was gonna die by 10 otherwise I have no idea why Cena didn't go on last

lol

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

smash that smart-rear end monitor, Dean

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

And this was after the NXT special inspired them. I'd hate to see what an uninspired show was.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
this was a bad show that had a lot of good things in it ruined by incompetancy

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Didn't catch NXT last week, I think I'm watching that instead of RAW tomorrow night

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

croutonZA posted:

That was a wcw.txt level finish.

It really was.

I mean... it was.

That's what we've been reduced to. An unironic WCW finish.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003

Dean hates all TVs!

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Can't be real. Camera 6 isn't looking at a wall backstage or some poo poo.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
those generic panels always look good but you always need to go for the name brand poo poo

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Suben posted:

This wasn't even remotely close to a 5 star match though.

It was five stars for that PPV. Still. It was the most entertaining match on the show and they managed to send everyone home miserable and pissed off as a result.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I'm glad I decided to watch this lovely WWE ppv :unsmith:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I wish that Triple H and Stephanie could somehow pool their shares for a hostile takeover of the company. Things might still be poo poo, but at least they would be different poo poo.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
ahahah I'm glad I stayed watching for the post-show and dean's monitor stomping

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
So that's pretty much it for Dean Ambrose.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Good episode of Smackdown y'all

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

facialimpediment posted:

ahahah I'm glad I stayed watching for the post-show and dean's monitor stomping

what?

Mt. Modular
May 18, 2006

So is the technical crew, or whoever the hell Commentary tried to blame a plugged in monitor under the ring on, going to be pissed that their TV is broken?

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003

"It's already being billed as the final chapter."

BY YOU. YOU ARE BILLING IT AS THE FINAL CHAPTER.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Akileese posted:

It was five stars for that PPV. Still. It was the most entertaining match on the show and they managed to send everyone home miserable and pissed off as a result.

I thought the opening ladder match and the fuckin' divas were better but idk

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

I liked the TV spot, we got foreshadowing of the monitor working to show it was "legit."

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I wish that Triple H and Stephanie could somehow pool their shares for a hostile takeover of the company. Things might still be poo poo, but at least they would be different poo poo.

Triple H is no. 2 in Creative.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
That was the son of the TV that blinded Shawn Micheals

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Needs More Ditka posted:

i may just be a big fat non-wrestleman, but i've never managed to make something explode by unplugging it. in fact, i'm relatively certain that to make something explode, you have to add more electricity to it.

It's overexaggerated theatrical drama like wrestling has always been, what I was pointing out was that none of it was a "botch" because it was all laid out to happen exactly as it did.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Doesn't Shane, although not having any regular role, actually have the most shares after Vince?

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

WCCW did the blind gimmick better.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Food Court Druid posted:

That was the son of the TV that blinded Shawn Micheals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Meat Recital posted:

Triple H is no. 2 in Creative.

There is absolutely no difference between #2 and #12. It's what Vince wants, Vince gets. We've all heard enough interviews by now to know this is the case.

• Locked thread