Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Let us know how Sunday's game goes

Edit: got my B1G1 Stealth 85S sticks in. At $50 per stick it's close to the Amazon deal with a senior stick.

sellouts fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Dec 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

sellouts posted:

DC lets go dog

If it was a righty I'd be game.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
3 games in one night. And took a shot off my knuckle. And had one of those too tired to sleep nights. loving hell I love hockey and all, but I don't think I can do 3 games a night again.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

Bootcha posted:

loving hell I love hockey and all, but I don't think I can do 3 games a night again.need keep doing 3 games per night so I become unstoppable.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

I suggest ignoring doctor recommendations and just self-treat with whisky.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?

Loqieu posted:

I suggest ignoring doctor recommendations and just self-treat with whisky.

This worked for me in squirts

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES
I get to play outside for my first time ever tonight. I am pumped. :woop:

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I'm watching a peewee game and I realized I don't know what one of the referee hand motions symbolize:

Frequently during a stoppage of play, particularly offsides, the back ref will raise his right arm for a few seconds, occasionally pointing to the score keepers before pointing to the face off spot. What is this supposed to mean?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

He's looking for a beer on the bench.

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.

FreshFeesh posted:

I'm watching a peewee game and I realized I don't know what one of the referee hand motions symbolize:

Frequently during a stoppage of play, particularly offsides, the back ref will raise his right arm for a few seconds, occasionally pointing to the score keepers before pointing to the face off spot. What is this supposed to mean?

Line change?

NHL rulebook posted:

82.2 Procedure - Following a stoppage of play, the Referee will enforce the following line change procedure once he has determined that this procedure may begin:
(i) The Referee shall give the visiting team up to five (5) seconds to make its line change.
(ii) The Referee shall raise his hand to indicate no further changes by the visiting team and to commence the home team’s line change.
(iii) The Referee shall give the home team up to eight (8) seconds to make its line change.
(iv) The Referee shall lower his hand to indicate no further changes by the home team.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
That must be it, thanks. It looks like he is pointing at the benches instead of the score table after all.

I need to re-read the rulebook. (Hell, I need to join a league)

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

In pee-wee? Really?

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
It's not like there were three refs, they aren't trying that hard.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Hockles posted:

In pee-wee? Really?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

When we go to SoCal the refs get huffy about that. I coach 12 year olds and got warned multiple times that I couldn't make a "late change" because we were the visitor.

I think six of the kids on the team were in their first game ever at any level.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

To be fair, youth league coaches in any sport are generally huge assholes and are willing to do things like game line changes to gain even the slightest advantage.

Source: played youth football.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Hockles posted:

In pee-wee? Really?

There is one ref around here who does it reffing beer league games, which is particularly dumb.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Chemmy posted:

When we go to SoCal the refs get huffy about that. I coach 12 year olds and got warned multiple times that I couldn't make a "late change" because we were the visitor.

I think six of the kids on the team were in their first game ever at any level.

Thufir posted:

There is one ref around here who does it reffing beer league games, which is particularly dumb.

Dangerllama posted:

To be fair, youth league coaches in any sport are generally huge assholes and are willing to do things like game line changes to gain even the slightest advantage.
Yup. The rule should be enforced based on competition level. If you've got players who can barely skate, give them longer to change, christ, it's not hard. Doesn't matter whether it's Squirts, JV, or beer league. If it becomes an issue, talk to the coach, because the team might not even have someone wearing a C. But if it's Peewee AAA, gently caress'em. (My peewee coach would pull all sorts of poo poo like that. His favorite was having the goalie "fix his equipment". He must have had the cheapest pads in the entire Atlantic League.)

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Yeah gently caress peewee kids

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
I played AYSO (soccer) as a kid for and against coaches that took it way too seriously. It sucks all the fun out of the game. I still think the parents are the worst, but that just might be soccer moms, not sure if hockey moms yell and scream at everything too.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Have any of you tried those All Black Hockey Sticks? Thoughts?

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

sellouts posted:

Yeah gently caress peewee kids
:shrug: Peewee AAA had national championships up until the ADM. If you're playing Tier 1 hockey, you should know how to make a timely line change. And if you don't, you gotta learn somehow.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Habibi posted:

Pretty solid, good delivery time. If your area is bereft of hockey stores with sales, it's a good alternative.

Cop
Nov 14, 2007
Had this happen to my skate last night. Vapor x40's that would cost more to repair than I care for so I'm probably going to buy some Vapor x60's.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Is that one of the wacky pairs without replaceable blades? Blades are cheap.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Habibi posted:

2 people just got them on my team today. First game in, they seem to like them.

They seem pretty light, but not much more of a trip report than that.

I'm not sure it makes more sense to get them vs a 50 dollar Easton Stealth 85S that were on sale this week, but idk.

Vital Signs
Oct 17, 2007

Cop posted:

Had this happen to my skate last night. Vapor x40's that would cost more to repair than I care for so I'm probably going to buy some Vapor x60's.

Same thing happened to me a couple months ago and I bought new skates with replaceable blades.

Then after a few skates the blade design failed and one of the blades "popped" out of the middle holder, due to stupid cutouts in the blade. Total Hockey was awesome and replaced them with normal blades.

Fast forward to this weekend and about 15-20 skates on the new pair and an eyelid rips out when I'm tightening my skates. gently caress these skates... Hopefully they will fix/replace them because they are still new(ish).

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
Nothing more disappointing coming off the ice after an awesome game to no beer in the locker room. Only took us about 12 games to start playing together better.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

sellouts posted:

2 people just got them on my team today. First game in, they seem to like them.

They seem pretty light, but not much more of a trip report than that.

I'm not sure it makes more sense to get them vs a 50 dollar Easton Stealth 85S that were on sale this week, but idk.

Some of us were not aware of a $50 Easton Stealth 85S sale :colbert:

I'm just looking around for a new stick now that all the good deals from last year are pretty much gone unless you want a 110 flex lefty with a Hannan blade pattern, and it seems that the sticks I like (INT 70+ or senior 77- with a pm9 or p88) are all start in the $80-90 range, and those tend to be like one step away from entry model, whereas the ABHS seem to be higher quality for about the same price.

e: Also: when you sleepily check the confirmed roster just over an hour before your 11:15pm start and notice that the goalie hasn't checked in yet.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I thought I posted about the b1g1 at hockeymonkey. Must have messaged the team instead. Sorry!

If it makes you feel any better all they had in right was p4 75 flex.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

First game I've played in a while (family priorities), and after the game I had to speed home and made it just in time.

To poo poo.

I got home a little after midnight and I'm not on my third round on the toilet. I should just plug my phone into the bathroom.

What the gently caress did I eat today. gently caress I hope it's not the flu, we've got a game Thursday and a short bench. gently caress.

I played OK, I'm improving at a lot of thing.. Though, if hockles was still on our team, he could tell you for certain.

Also since I'm peeing out of my butt, and I'm not hydrating (or eating) while I poo poo, this ambien is kicking my rear end.

Between break two and three I managed to scramble downstairs and throw my gear in the wash or hang it up.

I should shower soon before ambien lololollls. On me and just in case thing get worse.

I eh there some blood here

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Dec 15, 2014

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?

Doctor Butts posted:

First game I've played in a while (family priorities), and after the game I had to speed home and made it just in time.

To poo poo.

I got home a little after midnight and I'm not on my third round on the toilet. I should just plug my phone into the bathroom.

What the gently caress did I eat today. gently caress I hope it's not the flu, we've got a game Thursday and a short bench. gently caress.

I played OK, I'm improving at a lot of thing.. Though, if hockles was still on our team, he could tell you for certain.

Also since I'm peeing out of my butt, and I'm not hydrating (or eating) while I poo poo, this ambien is kicking my rear end.

Between break two and three I managed to scramble downstairs and throw my gear in the wash or hang it up.

I should shower soon before ambien lololollls. On me and just in case thing get worse.

Holy gently caress that sounds terrible.

We played last night and I got two goals and we got a 7-3 win after losing the last few games. I had obnoxiously putrid gas all game. I farted after a goal and I could still smell it when I got to the bench. Surprisingly I didn't sit my pants. Hockey works wonders on the gastro intestinal system.

loving Thai chili sauce ...

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

Doctor Butts posted:

Also since I'm peeing out of my butt

Go see a medical professional.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

So Chicago did a curious thing with some ice:

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20141212/loop/maggie-daley-park-officially-open-with-mayor-emanuel-cutting-ribbon

I just wanna do endless passing practice on it.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Sports Argument Stadium* › SAS Hockey Player Thread: I eh there some blood here

My bronze team won 15-2 last night. Yeesh.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

sellouts posted:

I thought I posted about the b1g1 at hockeymonkey. Must have messaged the team instead. Sorry!

If it makes you feel any better all they had in right was p4 75 flex.

:lol: that would have been perfect. :)

e: Looks like they still have a B1G1, and although the Easton's remaining are all pretty much lefty curves, they have Warrior Widows available...

e2: So after all, thanks for the head's up. :) Ordered two intermediate 70 flex Widows in what is apparently the closest PM9 approximation Warrior makes for $100 total (+tax). And as I understand, Warrior INTs are several inches longer, meaning I'll take an inch or two off and wind up with a nice 75 flex in the end. I like it. Hopefully they last a bit longer than the Widow I got for $50 off of that Amazon deal a while back.

Habibi fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Dec 15, 2014

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Doctor Butts posted:

To poo poo.

Don't lump me in with your poo poo.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Is anyone getting the new HockeyTron sticks which are knock-offs of the Easton Synergy HTX, Bauer Vapor, Bauer Nexus, and CCM RBZ SuperFast sticks? Looks like they ship in 2 days. 30% off with the holiday sale too.

zinc68
Apr 26, 2010

Loqieu posted:

Is anyone getting the new HockeyTron sticks which are knock-offs of the Easton Synergy HTX, Bauer Vapor, Bauer Nexus, and CCM RBZ SuperFast sticks? Looks like they ship in 2 days. 30% off with the holiday sale too.

The Bauer Tron sticks sound really tempting. 395 grams for 140$? I may have to try one of those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
My sports club just got a grant on 13K from an insurance company to use on the outdoor rink I'm planning in my neighborhood!

It felt nice sending an email to a sporting goods chain to ask for the price on 8 full sets of goalie equipment