Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 30, 2008
So I've been thinking, what are the chances that this guy meant to attack a Max Brenner store, but got confused and hit the wrong chocolate cafe? Just saying, it would explain the Jihad flag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
All we need is Raptor to come in here and post ponies in burkas

million dollar mack
Aug 20, 2006
Larson ain't getting this cow.

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

Why would chocolate even need to be halal certified? There's no meat in chocolate, nor is there any haram ingredients.

I know it's D&D but are we on the forums for a loving comedy website or not?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Ian Winthorpe III posted:

How about for just once, you move aside and let a person of colour dictate their own narrative and articulate their own values.

i will never let a person of colour talk over me, my voice must be heard

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Negligent posted:

I feel sorry for the man. He obviously has issues and did not get the support he needs. Probably because of how racist Australia is, and prejudiced against non whites. The social problems caused by a Australians vilification of the Other leads to tragic outcomes. This warped interpretation has no credible relation with true Islam.

Hang on, you're making this entirely reasonable statement as a joke, right?

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Anidav posted:

All we need is Raptor to come in here and post ponies in burkas

Begin the summoning ritual.

Raptorfag. Raptorfag. RAAAAAAAPTTTOOOORRRRFAAAAAGGG.

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

gays, fatties and women are the main funny things in life. Fuck those lefty tumblrfuck fags, I'll laugh at poofs and abbos if I want to

The Worst Muslim posted:

I think the real hero here is Kathryn Chee, who managed to bore an entire nation with anecdotes about her co-workers.

Totally, more nonsense from the media trying to drown out the voices of the oppressed with the 'victims' of 'terror' and their anodyne propaganda trying to humanize her so-called friends. How about we let this man's demands be heard at least? What are they trying to hide from us? If they can't comply with demands for us to stop wreaking terror on the Ummah then surely it's not beyond the abilities of the fascists in government to get him that sexy young goat he asked for?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Ian Winthorpe III posted:

Totally, more nonsense from the media trying to drown out the voices of the oppressed with the 'victims' of 'terror' and their anodyne propaganda trying to humanize her so-called friends. How about we let this man's demands be heard at least? What are they trying to hide from us? If they can't comply with demands for us to stop wreaking terror on the Ummah then surely it's not beyond the abilities of the fascists in government to get him that sexy young goat he asked for?

i want to frame and hang this on my wall. you are a beautiful person, please don't stop

T-1000
Mar 28, 2010

dr_rat posted:

If the guy was actually Islamic state affiliated would of though he would of asked for an Islamic state flag, not an ISIL/ISIS one, as you know they don't actually use that name any more.

Anyway it seems like the police are using negotiation as their main way to resolve this which is pretty optimistic as negotiation tend to end with out loss of life when handed properly.

So far the police have seem to be handing this about as well as you can possible handle something like this.
I've been watching it all day and I can't really fault their handling of anything. They're trying to keep people calm, they're damping down on speculation, they're being very confident about how they're going to negotiate for as long as it takes, they're sharing what they can and no more. It's amazingly sensible considering NSW cops also managed to tase a guy to death for stealing a pack of biscuits not long ago.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Guest posted:

So I've been thinking, what are the chances that this guy meant to attack a Max Brenner store, but got confused and hit the wrong chocolate cafe? Just saying, it would explain the Jihad flag.
I've seen many posters all over Sydney calling for the boycott of Max Brenner because of his support for Israel, so that was the first thing I thought too. Maybe he got the wrong cafe while carrying the wrong flag. A sad day for ISIS.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
lets not forget that switzerland is the country that recently banned minarets!

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
For serious though, I'm going to laugh so unbelievably loving hard if the false flaggers had this right all along

Maybe 9/11 really was an inside job :tinfoil:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Avshalom posted:

I've seen many posters all over Sydney calling for the boycott of Max Brenner because of his support for Israel, so that was the first thing I thought too. Maybe he got the wrong cafe while carrying the wrong flag. A sad day for ISIS.

i need to go to max brenner more, they do a really nice white hot chocolate

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

that and i hate palestine

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

Murodese posted:

For serious though, I'm going to laugh so unbelievably loving hard if the false flaggers had this right all along

Maybe 9/11 really was an inside job :tinfoil:

ther's a difference between a 'false flag' and a 'gently caress up flag attempt'

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

bell jar posted:

that and i hate palestine

nice post/avatar combo

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Murodese posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

Endman
May 18, 2010

bell jar posted:

nice post/avatar combo

Go to bed, belgaer.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
my money is on gently caress-up twenty year old loner with no connections to any extremist groups who probably would have done something like this anyway, but ISIS gives him a good excuse

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Guest posted:

I'm also thankful this entire debacle occurred today rather than yesterday; the prospect of that small, struggling Lindt cafe paying overtime for the hostage staff while also paying them Sunday penalty rates would surely annihilate the business, another indicator of how poorly thought-out and planned this attack really was

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

bell jar posted:

i need to go to max brenner more, they do a really nice white phosphorous chocolate

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
"Palestine" is a recent invention. The Jews have indigenous rights to that land, we were occupying it for thousands of years before the Arabs forcibly drove us off it. Just because the most recent generation of Palestinians never did any conquering doesn't mean that the land is suddenly theirs.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Endman posted:

Go to bed, belgaer.

i'll sleep when i'm dead

Neif
Jul 26, 2012

Joe Hockeys Scrote posted:

my money is on gently caress-up twenty year old loner with no connections to any extremist groups who probably would have done something like this anyway, but ISIS gives him a good excuse

I'm leaning towards Peter Hore discovers Islam.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
Fisher recount completed, ALP wins by 13.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Murodese posted:

gently caress me that's a margin

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Murodese posted:

Excellent! I expect the libs to cry for ANOTHER recount soon.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Buried news of the day: Coles admits unconscionable conduct in dealing with suppliers; $10 million penalty agreed with ACCC

quote:

The ACCC said the supermarket's Active Retail Collaboration (ARC) program attempted to force 200 suppliers to pay the rebates in relation to apparent supply chain improvements.

The ACCC alleged that Coles' target was to obtain $16 million in ARC rebates from smaller suppliers and was ultimately seeking an ongoing ARC rebate in the form of a percentage of the price it paid for the supplier's grocery products.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I patronise Max Brenner as often as I can afford to because that's my duty as a Jew.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What is this false flag thing that everyone keeps referencing?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

It's the fancy pants way of saying "Group A done it but is making it look like Group B done it."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flag

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
seriously but tahat boycott thing is disingenuous as gently caress

a) boycotting a shop never loving changed a thing and is a good way for effete darlinghurst bourgies to feel better about doing something without actually doing anything

b) its loving ridiculous to boycott max b when still shopping at coles which causes hundreds of suicide farmers and droughts every year

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Reportedly he's 40-50'ish but other than that I would say that probable. There's unfortunately quite a few people out there pretty much just waiting for an excuses.

Our society is still pretty hosed when it comes to dealing with mental health issues.

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

bowmore posted:

A false flag attack is when an country/organization commits a terrorist attack or whatever but pretends to be a different country/organization to get sympathy by making the other guys look bad. Conspiracy theorists like to cry false flag every time something like this happens. But this guy actually had a flag that was not the isis flag he apparently wanted, making this a literal false flag operation

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
sriously i still go to max b because their peanut butter frappe is amazing and it doesnt really matter whether the $.02 profit from my drink goes to someone who may be tenuously connected to a country we dont like

vs giving it to someone like coles or greater union that does far more to prop up a system ofmisery than max b does

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

bowmore posted:

lizard people. Lizard people love flags. Secretly run the world.

Eat large bugs.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

MrWilderheap posted:

But this guy actually had a flag that was not the isis flag he apparently wanted, making this a literal false flag operation

dont be so stupid

'false flag' refers to being deliberately false, this is just a guy being loving incompetent

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks guys, now I don't have to pretend like I understand.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

sriously i still go to max b because their peanut butter frappe is amazing and it doesnt really matter whether the $.02 profit from my drink goes to someone who may be tenuously connected to a country we dont like

vs giving it to someone like coles or greater union that does far more to prop up a system ofmisery than max b does

Why not avoid both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

dont be so stupid

'false flag' refers to being deliberately false, this is just a guy being loving incompetent

it's a false false flag

• Locked thread