Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

keyboard vomit posted:

block off routes in a kind of natural way

Considering the anomalies are pretty contrived as gently caress, there's really nothing "natural" about using them to block off routes

it felt about as natural as invisible walls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the goat mug requires no defending.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
anyone can call a a game halo, it's just a word. anyway, in halo space apocolypse you play as master chief in the space navy and you must defeat alien invaders while wearing cool armor

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

Proteus4994 posted:

Considering the anomalies are pretty contrived as gently caress, there's really nothing "natural" about using them to block off routes

it felt about as natural as invisible walls

hurf durf whats video game design

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

https://wfunder.com/project/185
Areal is back in STALKER Apocalypse form

yes, this is definitely legal

also wfunder.com seems to have been setup by the areal team and all their stuff is stickied with infinite countdowns so probably this entire site is like a kickstarter of fraud

lol I just realized what they're trying to do with the logo there

this is some sovereign citizen-level poo poo

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

our game is clearly called "S¸T¸▲¸L¸K¸E¸R¸" so i dont know what the problem is????

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

your honor, our video game is very clearly called "stalker," not "s.t.a.l.k.e.r." the positioning of those screws is completely coincidental

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice

theflyingexecutive posted:

that's enough to buy a bar in brighton beach maybe

eh, i know it only cost 160k to open a bar 2 years ago in bushwick just off the L train

hopefully as redditors they'll sovereign citizen the fire inspector away, invite some steampunk rapper with pyrotechnics in, and disrupt everyone's addiction to oxygen

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

A Curvy Goonette posted:

hurf durf whats video game design

a question the stalker team was asking

game was great concept, poor execution

Kihota
Aug 7, 2014
Oh god it looks so dumb.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1390246866/viewbox-a-vr-headset?ref=category

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

"vr headsets" you stick a phone into are nothing new

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

As a Millennial I posted:

as a bitch idiot who can't even cook eggs without burning them

what the gently caress is your problem

gas stove - 2
elec stove - 4

cook eggs on loving low heat. it takes 5 loving minutes

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Verdafolio posted:

eh, i know it only cost 160k to open a bar 2 years ago in bushwick just off the L train

lol

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

graph posted:

what the gently caress is your problem

gas stove - 2
elec stove - 4

cook eggs on loving low heat. it takes 5 loving minutes

for future reference re: my posting please refer to my username

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
iteration is possible outside software

go get 60 eggs from costco for $2 and learn you a cook

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I was exaggerating ok I can cook a freakin egg

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

I was exaggerating ok I can cook a freakin egg

don't worry we'll teach you how to boil water next

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

ayn rand hand job posted:

don't worry we'll teach you how to boil water next

the tricky part is pouring it into the instant ramen without scalding yourself

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Verdafolio posted:

the only suitable location for a reddit bar is times square

you can't make out of town redditors go to a neighborhood where they might see a non-white person

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Bloody posted:

i like how its a big chunk of poo poo for what could be done entirely in the cable.

well yeah the point is that you use it with your existing cables so you don't have to buy a safe lightning cable, safe micro cable, etc.

i dunno why it can't be smaller though

vOv fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 13, 2014

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Soricidus posted:

the tricky part is pouring it into the instant ramen without scalding yourself

i frequently scald myself while making instant oatmeal :saddowns:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

lol, who heats water manually? i have a keurig for that.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

lol, who heats water manually? i have a keurig for that.

I keep running out of water pods.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the only suitable location for a reddit bar is times square

you can't make out of town redditors go to a neighborhood where they might see a non-white person
for 1.25 million dollars they might be able to rent out the guy fieri restaurant for a night

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

not that it was at all necessary, but here's a lawyer's take on the stalker trademark http://gamasutra.com/blogs/JasPurewal/20141212/232235/The_latest_games_trademark_controversy_STALKER_vs_STALKER.php

tldr:

quote:

Oh dear, this is going to end in tears.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Unsurprisingly that goat mug kickstarter is a knock-off of a product that already exists.

Kickstarter: buying poo poo off dhgate.com and re-selling it to hipsters since 2009

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

cyberia posted:

Unsurprisingly that goat mug kickstarter is a knock-off of a product that already exists.

Kickstarter: buying poo poo off dhgate.com and re-selling it to hipsters since 2009

lol, i saw one in an IRL real life shop the other day

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avdHSn6qCgQ

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

not so bad. there's lots of these out there, and it's kind of cool that it's just fabric that folds up instead of a big chunky piece of plastic

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

of course you're going to cook better if you use a thermometer and closely follow a recipe. that's what people should be doing in the first goddamned place.

for $199 that money you could buy a $30 t-fal skillet, a $96 super-fast thermapen, and a $70 subscription to america's test kitchen's whole web empire. and you'll actually learn things along the way like how to properly chop an onion, how to tell when a pan is hot, and how to make a roux.

but oh no, i'm not going to use a recipe! that's for idiots! cooking is something that either comes naturally or doesnt and there's no way to improve expect by spending money on gimmicky gadgets.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
every invention is connected to smart phones now. like everything

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

it's not really an invention when you just make a phone app

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
well i'm talking about physical inventions that are tied to apps

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nelson MandEULA posted:

of course you're going to cook better if you use a thermometer and closely follow a recipe. that's what people should be doing in the first goddamned place.

for $199 that money you could buy a $30 t-fal skillet, a $96 super-fast thermapen, and a $70 subscription to america's test kitchen's whole web empire. and you'll actually learn things along the way like how to properly chop an onion, how to tell when a pan is hot, and how to make a roux.

but oh no, i'm not going to use a recipe! that's for idiots! cooking is something that either comes naturally or doesnt and there's no way to improve expect by spending money on gimmicky gadgets.

tbh i am kinda intrigued by a skillet with a built in thermometer and an alarm

rest of it is retarded though

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

well i'm talking about physical inventions that are tied to apps

people already invented pans though

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

keyboard vomit posted:

people already invented pans though

quote:

Pantelligent has a temperature sensor inside it that communicates with the Pantelligent smartphone app.

that is an invention that is connected to a smart phone

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
i'm pantelligent and pansexual

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

as a patent examiner let me tell you that this is very much not limited to kickstarter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Shifty Pony posted:

as a patent examiner let me tell you that this is very much not limited to kickstarter.

yeah definitely not. just looking around at different stores there's tons of stuff, and it seems like there's a lot more this year than last

• Locked thread