Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Tequila Ranger posted:

The amount of nerds champing at the bit for a Necron nerf (not so much here as on Dakka) is amusing... And odd since I wouldn't put Necrons in the top 5 of any current "power rankings." Pretty sure Eldar, Tau, Imperial Potpourri, Dark Eldar, and Post-Apology-Nids would be above 'em on most players threat boards.

I guess is nerds still mad that their beatstik was made to beat himself a few times through 6th edition.

Crons are easily one of the top books, in line with Eldar, Tau, Knights, and Marines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barrakketh
Apr 19, 2011

Victory and defeat are the same. I urge you to act but not to reflect on the fruit of the act. Seek detachment. Fight without desire.

Don't withdraw into solitude. You must act. Yet action mustn't dominate you. In the heart of action you must remain free from all attachment.
I'd like to sell off my imperial guard army and I'm trying to figure out what would be a good price for them. Some of the boxes still have their wrapping and were never opened while others are just bits and bobs.

Basically, I've got:

Vehicles:
1 primed leman russ I ineptly built when I first started (I glued the turret, not knowing it could/should rotate.)
3 Sentinels armed with autocannons. Painted pretty shittily. They were the first models I handled before knowing to thin my paints.
2 original batch vulture gunships (When FW were retards and didn't sell any base or means to mount them on a base)
2 original batch valkyries (see above), with circuit wiring built in to light up a red light on the inside when the landing ramp's up, green when it's down.

The planes have magnetized hardpoints and the wings can be popped off/on for ease of transportation.

Troops:
Some 150 Cadian guardsmen with Platoon comds and a assortment of heavy weapons for each squad. painted to the best of my abilities.
Another 40 metal Karskin with a mixture of plasma, meltas and flamers and power weapons. Painted as well.
An unopened Cadian command squad (the recent box set)
an old 20-man box of guardsmen, unopened.
Ibrahim Gaunt model, unpainted.
3 commissars with power swords, Painted.

Knick-Knacks and bricka-bracks:
poo poo ton of bits and bobs. Lots of heavy weapons still on sprues, legs, arms, lasguns, accessories blah blah blah.
two of those ridiculously overpriced GW Citadel black carrying cases.

I've played a grand total of 2 games with these guys. I haven't modeled or painted in years, and quite frankly, I'm tired of seeing them gathering dust and taking up space.

General paint scheme my army has.

That's about it, really.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

How do Baneblades and their variants hold up against other Superheavies/GCs? I've never even seen more than one Lord of War on the table.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ghost Hand posted:

You don't have to. It's obvious which route you took. Lame.

Dude just posted that he was excited to get a new model, you guys are the ones that started talking about how it was a knock-off. Most of us never would have known if y'all hadn't leapt in to defend GW's honor. Leave the man alone, your poor-shaming is triggering me so hard right now.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Dec 15, 2014

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
So is the fact that he may have actually bought it off eBay in good faith.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Given the tone of his comment in response to people saying it was counterfeit, I think that is unlikely.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Man you're so right we should all just SWAT ghetto wormhole because he's a terrible person.

Or we could not post about it, in accordance with the rule that we don't post about it.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Dec 15, 2014

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Well yes, that would be the best course.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
He will live with his Shame, but at least his knight won't suffer from :flaccid: barrel syndrome.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost
I have this old blood angels army I am trying to make into something workable with the new codex. I know posting lists is totally boring, but I was hoping to get yalls opinions.

Blood angels 1994/2000

+ HQ +

Sanguinary Priest: Jump pack

+ Elites +

Death Company Squad: 13 angry dudes with Jump packs and bolters. The angriest man also has a PW.

Furioso Dreadnought: 2x blood talons, hvy flamer, drop pod

Furioso Dreadnought: 2x blood talons, hvy flamer, drop pod

+ Troops +

Tactical Squad: 10 dudes Hvy Flame, medium flame, combi-flame, drop pod

Tactical Squad: 10 dudes Hvy Flame, medium flame, combi-flame, drop pod

+ Fast Attack +

Assault Squad: 10 dudes, 2 meltas, PW on sarge

+ Lard of War +

Commander Dante, Chapter Master of the Blood Angels

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Cataphract posted:

Man I have no idea how I'd get the big yellow bugger on a plane.

Indolent Bastard posted:

In a baby carrier strapped to your chest. "No you can't see him just now, I just got him to sleep." For the entire flight.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
the ork in the hatch needs to have a gretchin in a baby carrier

and then a the gretchin with a snotling in the baby carrier

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Big Willy Style posted:

the ork in the hatch needs to have a gretchin in a baby carrier

and then a the gretchin with a snotling in the baby carrier

The ork in the hatch needs to be in a looted dreadknight.

:v:

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

ghetto wormhole posted:

I can neither confirm nor deny any involvement with the Chinese.

Ignite Memories posted:

Dude just posted that he was excited to get a new model, you guys are the ones that started talking about how it was a knock-off. Most of us never would have known if y'all hadn't leapt in to defend GW's honor. Leave the man alone, your poor-shaming is triggering me so hard right now.

Oh brother. I apologize if this seemed like "poor-shaming" that was not my intention. I don't even know where to begin - so I will just move on now.

Ghost Hand fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Dec 15, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Telling someone it's lovely to buy illegal reproductions isn't 'defending GW's honor' or 'poor-shaming' (btw if you spend an appreciable amount of money on toys you're probably not poor).

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

If you got busted for bootlegged models would you rather go to jail for a few months or have all your work smashed to smithereens in front of you?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

panascope posted:

If you got busted for bootlegged models would you rather go to jail for a few months or have all your work smashed to smithereens in front of you?

It would take a truly worthless bastard to choose jail time.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
In other news, does anyone have any ideas or alternatives to FW's AdMech tech thralls? I'm not really feeling the models, but I want to use them in a cool guy campaign with an old angry heretek running around with his cyber zombies so I'm not overwhelming folks with castellaxes early on.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Question about spore mines: If the biovore misses, you place D3 mines. Is this regardless of the number of biovores in the battery? Also, can said mines charge in the assault phase of that turn?

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Hencoe posted:

In other news, does anyone have any ideas or alternatives to FW's AdMech tech thralls? I'm not really feeling the models, but I want to use them in a cool guy campaign with an old angry heretek running around with his cyber zombies so I'm not overwhelming folks with castellaxes early on.

Necron warriors/immortals kit bashed with empire flagellants?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

spacegoat posted:

Question about spore mines: If the biovore misses, you place D3 mines. Is this regardless of the number of biovores in the battery? Also, can said mines charge in the assault phase of that turn?

It's per shot. If all two-three of your groups Barrage shots miss, you place a d3 spore mines in the blast area for each. You resolve spawning mines as you resolve each blast template. Spore Mines can specifically assault the turn they are created.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

Telling someone it's lovely to buy illegal reproductions isn't 'defending GW's honor' or 'poor-shaming' (btw if you spend an appreciable amount of money on toys you're probably not poor).

Yeah and didn't you spend like a solid grand one month on FW poo poo?

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Hencoe posted:

http://shop.microartstudio.com/iron-brotherhood-c-36_43.html

These are pretty neat. Shipping from them takes awhile - but they have never failed me.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

PierreTheMime posted:

It's per shot. If all two-three of your groups Barrage shots miss, you place a d3 spore mines in the blast area for each. You resolve spawning mines as you resolve each blast template. Spore Mines can specifically assault the turn they are created.

So say I have a unit of three biovores. I scatter the first marker. If it's a miss I place D3 mines there. Then I roll scatter for the second marker, based off the location of the first and either place a separate unit of mines or resolve hits depending on where that lands, then repeat one more time?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Hencoe posted:

Anvil Industry also has a few things worth looking at, these look like they might be a cool alternative

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

ZachAttack posted:

:emo:

+ Lard of War +

Commander Dante, Chapter Master of the Blood Angels

Army lists are cool, better than farting and whatever.

So, everything is going to arrive by deep strike? Do Blood Angels still have Decent Of Angels? If not, might want to add something that decreases the scatter for the jump pack bros, unless Dante does that or I'm an idiot (locator beacon on the drop pods would only help teleporting Terminators, right?).

Everything is pretty well set, but I'd put at least one or two power fists or a melta bomb on some of the angry squad chief dudes. The list has no long range support but your whole list is set to land on top of enemy faces, which fits with the army and is pretty cool anyway.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Ghost Hand posted:

These are pretty neat. Shipping from them takes awhile - but they have never failed me.

They're neat, but at almost 10 Euro for 2 dudes the prices aren't too far off from Forgeworld's. Also, metal.

Oh the pewter things I've seen...

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

spacegoat posted:

So say I have a unit of three biovores. I scatter the first marker. If it's a miss I place D3 mines there. Then I roll scatter for the second marker, based off the location of the first and either place a separate unit of mines or resolve hits depending on where that lands, then repeat one more time?

Correct. Check to see if the blast is outside of the range required to spawn, then either spawn or don't based on that check. Presumably if you roll a "hit" and can place the marker anywhere you can just spawn the mines closest to the enemy as possible.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Ghost Hand posted:

These look really terrible and cost more than GW figures.

What about the cultists with a gun change? they suit the mechanicum aesthetic, just carve off the 8 pointed stars (or just shave them down a little to make cogs :) )

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

Post 9-11 User posted:

Army lists are cool, better than farting and whatever.

So, everything is going to arrive by deep strike? Do Blood Angels still have Decent Of Angels? If not, might want to add something that decreases the scatter for the jump pack bros, unless Dante does that or I'm an idiot (locator beacon on the drop pods would only help teleporting Terminators, right?).

Everything is pretty well set, but I'd put at least one or two power fists or a melta bomb on some of the angry squad chief dudes. The list has no long range support but your whole list is set to land on top of enemy faces, which fits with the army and is pretty cool anyway.

Descent of Angels is still present as a warlord trait that Dante comes pre-baked with. They dont get the Jump pack version of drop pod assault anymore, which sucks, but Descent rerolls failed reserve rolls and reduces scatter by 1d6. Locator beacons are a good idea, I just reread them and they work for any deep strike, not just termies. So I am thinking a loose a few death company, add locator beacons to the dread drops and some anti tank on the DC. Playing it would be something like this:

Turn 1: Drop 2 furiosos on infantry
Turn 2+: Drop in rear end squads to deal with tank threats and the DC+Dante to wreck something really big and scary. Tac squads come in on objectives and flame everything always.

Goal: Play fun and fluffy BA list that is not completely terrible.

ZachAttack fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 15, 2014

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

PierreTheMime posted:

Correct. Check to see if the blast is outside of the range required to spawn, then either spawn or don't based on that check. Presumably if you roll a "hit" and can place the marker anywhere you can just spawn the mines closest to the enemy as possible.

Sweet, thanks man.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

Slimnoid posted:

Yeah and didn't you spend like a solid grand one month on FW poo poo?

I hate to continue this in the thread but I have to respond to this in particular. Regardless of how much money they spend people should be allowed either way to have an opinion on whatever they want . In this case I think Ghost Hand was merely saying that it is a practice that he himself does not approve . Both Ghost Hand and Real Muscle Milk have said that this isn't about poor shaming so the money thing is kind of moot anyway. Telling someone they cant have an opinion doesn't make a very good argument , it just makes you look like an rear end in a top hat.

In other news I got some Thunderwolves and Secret weapon mini snow basing kit as an early Xmas present. Time to make some sweet snow bases ! :getin:

The Sisko fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 15, 2014

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
The thought of people poor shaming in a thread based around a fairly expensive hobby about tiny plastic/resin/pewter spacemen is hilarious.

Sisko, is that the modeling snow that's made of crushed glass or the one that's made of something that won't lacerate your lungs? Because I seem to recall them having one made of crushed glass.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

SRM posted:

The thought of people poor shaming in a thread based around a fairly expensive hobby about tiny plastic/resin/pewter spacemen is hilarious.

While it's pretty drat funny, it's also actually pretty lovely to casually co-opt social justice terms to pick a fight about warhams.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

SRM posted:

Sisko, is that the modeling snow that's made of crushed glass or the one that's made of something that won't lacerate your lungs? Because I seem to recall them having one made of crushed glass.

The crushed glass variety . I had to go out and by dusk mask and and eye protection as well as some other miscellaneous stuff for my hobby (gloves, isopropyl alcohol,etc) and I only mention this because I think I couldn't have gotten a dirtier look from the clerk if I was cooking meth.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I don't mean to attack you personally, but using crushed glass is loving stupid. That poo poo shouldn't even be on sale as a hobby product.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

The Sisko posted:

The crushed glass variety . I had to go out and by dusk mask and and eye protection as well as some other miscellaneous stuff for my hobby (gloves, isopropyl alcohol,etc) and I only mention this because I think I couldn't have gotten a dirtier look from the clerk if I was cooking meth.

I've seen the end results and it can look really nice, but that is some poo poo I would not want to gently caress with. I wouldn't use it on anything unless it was a display piece model to only ever be seen in a display case.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

SRM posted:

They're neat, but at almost 10 Euro for 2 dudes the prices aren't too far off from Forgeworld's. Also, metal.

Oh the pewter things I've seen...

Adding to this Tech thralls are basically minimal investment of parts, and implanted with some basic commands, those feel more like full tech guard. They are neat, in a clunky robotic way, but not what I'm looking for. thanks though!

Those anvil ones are pretty cool.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I think anyone that uses crushed glass is a bit short on the intelligence side.

With so many alternatives that look just as good, why, just why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

SRM posted:

I've seen the end results and it can look really nice, but that is some poo poo I would not want to gently caress with. I wouldn't use it on anything unless it was a display piece model to only ever be seen in a display case.

I wouldn't want someone bringing models based with that stuff into my house, let alone ever consider using it myself.

• Locked thread