Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

It cracks me up that Jimmy Pardo lives in Baldwin Hills. Bet you a dollar he's getting a Bluetooth when he turns 50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Talmudist
Sep 29, 2008
The episode is a little old, but Vance Gilbert is loving incredible. Going to buy his latest album for sure. Such a talented artist.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Had never heard of him before and boy did I not dig his music from the episode

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

THREE IN A ROW!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Players club ep with Chris Fairbanks just plopped which is good because I really did not like that austin bonus ep

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Riptor posted:

I really did not like that austin bonus ep

C'mon, it's got Cajun Jimmy!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

FitFortDanga posted:

C'mon, it's got Cajun Jimmy!

oh those parts were great, don't get me wrong. There's just a different vibe for live eps, and the audience seemed to not really be that into it. They totally need to do a live ep in SHREVEPORT though

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

also chris fairbanks is such a weirdo and one of my favorite guests

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Weird Al on Thursdays ep. That is awesome, especially give Jimmy's running joke of "writing parody songs is the easiest thing in the world"

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Have the sklar bros told that kevin meaney story on every single NNF appearance or does it just feel that way?

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

That is one powerful curse this show has.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I assumed the pilot hadn't been picked up since we hadn't heard anything about it, but it's sad to hear it. I wasn't very excited about the format of the show though, so hopefully this will leave Jimmy open for a project that he fits better.
Or worst case scenario I guess he can just continue being an extremely successful stand up comedian with one of the only podcasts people actually pay for.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

He actually mentions in the Ben Gleib episode that it was not picked up

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Right, thats why I posted about it

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Oh whoops sorry I am dumb

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?
That was a bummer to find out. Hopefully something else comes up for him. I want to see Jimmy Pardo on television regularly.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Jimmy having to read an ad for Kevin Smith's movie without being able to mock it made me feel a little bad for him.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Is Joe DeRosa so dumb that he thinks reworking authorless blues standards is "stealing?"

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Jimmy Pardo sounds like a good dad. That's the most I've gained from listening to NNF since they joined Earwolf. Just a good rear end dad. Wanna meet that dad.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Joe DeRosa is a funny guy but his music opinions seem very "angry kid in high school" level. I would love to hear him talk with Tom Scharpling about how great Zappa/Waits are :twisted:

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Drunkboxer posted:

Is Joe DeRosa so dumb that he thinks reworking authorless blues standards is "stealing?"

This is hardly an unusual complaint about Led Zeppelin. Nor an unfounded one. "Authorless blues standards" is just wrong. Willie Dixon, Sonny Boy Williamson, Howlin' Wolf, Jake Holmes.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Reformed Pissboy posted:

Joe DeRosa is a funny guy but his music opinions seem very "angry kid in high school" level. I would love to hear him talk with Tom Scharpling about how great Zappa/Waits are :twisted:

I was just waiting for Jimmy to say "well aren't you interesting the entire episode.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
NNF got snubbed in Slate's 25 best podcast episodes ever; Marc Maron made number 1. I'm sure this week's free episode will have an interesting first 15 minutes.

Radio Talmudist
Sep 29, 2008
guys as long as serial gets its due recognition i think jimmy will be fine

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Jimmy killing it on Doug Loves Movies' Twelve Guests of Christmas.

And yes, he does talk about Serial: The First Podcast.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I'm some pathetic loser who has never listened to DLM before, that was fantastic.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

lol at Jimmy accidentally mentioning Garon working for Uber, then saying "let's cut that" and then Matt/Elliott forgetting to cut it

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

This is more about Rock Solid than NNF, but jesus loving hell, please stop April Richardson from saying "jam" ever again.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Riptor posted:

lol at Jimmy accidentally mentioning Garon working for Uber, then saying "let's cut that" and then Matt/Elliott forgetting to cut it

:lol: doesn't matter anymore

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Jimmy's apparently hosting a game show on the Science channel now

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

FitFortDanga posted:

This is more about Rock Solid than NNF, but jesus loving hell, please stop April Richardson from saying "jam" ever again.

Apey needs to get her loving Saved by the Bell movies done is what she needs to do.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

(Jimmy says something funny)
(Jason Nash makes a sound like a slowly deflating balloon)

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Jason Nash's inadvertent mash-up of Interpol and Jewish praying had me dying.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I definitely thought Jimmy and Todd were closer than this latest episode suggests what with all the gym sketches, breathy phone calls, and the fact that Todd reacts to every word Jimmy says like he's a one man def jam audience.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Isn't Jason Nash's second failed premise a Key and Peele sketch?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
This might only be funny/embarrassing to me, but I only just realized from listening to the Guy Branum episode that Danielle Koenig (Jimmy's wife) is not the same person as Sarah Koenig (serial podcast). I honestly thought Jimmy's wife did Serial as a funny bit of trivia (to not NNF listeners)

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

That would've added a whole new dimension to Jimmy's weekly trashing of Serial back when it was still running.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Billy Gnosis posted:

This might only be funny/embarrassing to me, but I only just realized from listening to the Guy Branum episode that Danielle Koenig (Jimmy's wife) is not the same person as Sarah Koenig (serial podcast). I honestly thought Jimmy's wife did Serial as a funny bit of trivia (to not NNF listeners)

We wish you well, as we do all Koenig confusers

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

That would've added a whole new dimension to Jimmy's weekly trashing of Serial back when it was still running.

I think I even heard at least one of those episodes. I think I assumed it was a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Jimmy let slip recently that that his step-siblings are also his cousins, I guess meaning Jimmy's dad left his mother for her sister? Definitely didn't seem like a bit because he sounded uncomfortable and quickly changed the subject. I've listened to every NNF and I don't recall this ever coming up before. Has it? Just kinda curious. I vaguely remember him in the past saying that he doesn't like to talk about his family (parents and siblings) on the podcast and this would explain why.