Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Starting to get pretty frustrated by the lack of GameCube controller adapters. Just make more of them Nintendo! Why are you doing this to me? :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Uggghhhh, I make this post every month, but I swear it gets worse every time. We're up to 2:30 EST on the 15th, which is 11:30PST and club.nintendo rewards still haven't been updated.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Fremry posted:

Uggghhhh, I make this post every month, but I swear it gets worse every time. We're up to 2:30 EST on the 15th, which is 11:30PST and club.nintendo rewards still haven't been updated.

Take some comfort in the fact that you probably still won't want any of them.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Chinook posted:

Take some comfort in the fact that you probably still won't want any of them.

drat you, Chinook, and your inconvenient interpretation of reality!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Awesome! posted:

you have a 3ds and dont own a single atlus game?

The last Atlus game I had was SMT Nocturne on the PS2. I'm not huge on JRPGs.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Spacebump posted:

Was No More Heroes 2 any good? I got about halfway through the first one in two different playthroughs and quit.

The gameplay was better, but still not great. The crazy story is worse and that's the entire reason to play no more heroes.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm not sure I'd recommend Hyrule Warriors as a button-mashy sort of co-op game, at least if you want to do more than the story mode. The game gets pretty stringent on how you approach missions in Adventure mode and that's the real meat of the game. If you prospective co-op partner is good at it, though, it's a lot of fun putting yourselves up against the challenge.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
When we started playing it the most complicated game my fiancee had played was the Lego series. Winding down our time with Hyrule Warriors, she managed to A-rank one of the hardest levels in the normal game (Darunia's level 3 hammer stage in Adventure) by herself.

I mean yeah not everyone is going to git gud the same way she did, but I still think that anecdote's a real triumph on how someone who's just tagging along in HW can learn how the game works well enough to kick the game's butt by themselves eventually.

(though she still hates playing as Sheik because she had a bad experience with her her first time despite Sheik being far and away the most overpowered character with the least effort, it's weird I've given up asking)

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
New North America club nintendo rewards:

Wii U

- Kirby's Dreamland 3 (200 coins)
-Metroid (200 coins)

Wii

-Super Mario Kart (250 coins)
-1080 Snowboarding (250 coins)

3DS

-A Kappa's Trail (200 coins)
-Kid Icarus (gameboy) (150 coins)
-Bird & Beans (150 coins)
-Radar Mission (150 coins)

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Are you loving serious? Nintendo put Mario Kart on Club Nintendo but it's limited to the Wii Version. Get the gently caress out, Nintedo.

I'm hoping this is an error in the listing.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

At least Kirby's Dreamland 3 is cool.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

As with all nintendo consoles I'm sure it'll turn into Nintendo Games Only soon enough.

The Wii had a million third party games, though?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The Wii had a million third party games, though?

it was also the best selling console of the generation

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Awesome! posted:

it was also the best selling console of the generation

People like to pretend that it bombed somehow to fit their "NINTENDO IS DOOMED!" narrative.

The super nintendo and n64 also had tons of third party games.

The only one that lacked third party support was the Gamecube, and even then, it had more than the WiiU (lol)

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Wildtortilla posted:

Are you loving serious? Nintendo put Mario Kart on Club Nintendo but it's limited to the Wii Version. Get the gently caress out, Nintedo.

I'm hoping this is an error in the listing.

I expect that it is not an error. They typically do 2 Wii U games, 2 Wii games and 4 3DS games. It fits their normally monthly update.

Kaubocks posted:

At least Kirby's Dreamland 3 is cool.

Is it a completely separate game from the rest? As in, it's not just a remake of an earlier game, like the Super Mario Advance games?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

can you get the wii games and just play them in wii mode? not sure exactly how that works

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Fremry posted:

Is it a completely separate game from the rest? As in, it's not just a remake of an earlier game, like the Super Mario Advance games?

It's a unique game and not a port or remake.

Awesome! posted:

can you get the wii games and just play them in wii mode? not sure exactly how that works

You can.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Goddamnit, I really want 1080 Snowboarding but I hate supporting this "still buying Wii virtual console games" poo poo.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Mercury Crusader posted:

It's a unique game and not a port or remake.

Awesome! Looks like I'm getting something this month.

You will need a Wii classic controller though.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
It seems like there's a Kirby related game every month.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

elf help book posted:

Good. I now have the Complete Kirby Experience on my Wii U Video Entertainment System.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Does the original Metroid hold up? I never played it when I was younger. Is it frustrating and not intuitive?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Fremry posted:

You will need a Wii classic controller though.

Those Hori/PDP Gamecube controllers that plug into the Wii Remote are basically Classic Controllers, and in those cases they work great for N64 games I feel.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

When the Kirby snes games came out on the WiiU VC, they had a buy two, get the third free deal. Well, I already had two of the three on my Wii, so I got them at the discounted rate and ended up paying $3 for all three games. It owned.

EDIT:

Fremry posted:

Does the original Metroid hold up? I never played it when I was younger. Is it frustrating and not intuitive?

Yeah. For example, to get through Norfair you have to bomb a block in the lower right corner of a shaft, without any indication that it is the correct way or anything like that. I'd play it with a map tbqh.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Fremry posted:

The only real differences between between Metroid 1 and Super Metroid is the lack of an in game map and clear call outs for when you need to use things.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Yeah. For example, to get through Norfair you have to bomb a block in the lower right corner of a shaft, without any indication that it is the correct way or anything like that. I'd play it with a map tbqh.

Thanks, I think I'll probably skip it. I'm going to be getting enough stuff for the holidays/next couple months that I'll have enough to keep me occupied.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone have any luck transferring accounts to another Wii U. Apparently I need to call a help line to make it work?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Super Metroid is the same. You only got the clues in Super Metroid by bombing stuff so the block would show what item was needed to get through it. Metroid is more obtuse visually but its only special ways of traversal are bombing blocks, shooting blocks, and jumping up or down past false floors/ceilings. It's actually not particularly harder or easier to explore.

That said, it's true, you HAVE to use a map, even if you just make one yourself. This was a given thing that you would need to do when the game was new. The world isn't nearly as complex as Super Metroid but many of the rooms look extremely similar due to the older hardware so definitely get out the graph paper or have a map when you play, it's what was intended.

Metroid II is the most challenging for me because it has some repeating visuals and rooms like Metroid I, but also has areas that overlap each other making it a bit more difficult to map out manually, so you really have to pay attention to the background ambiance to help keep your bearings. Great game just the same though. :)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

should i have received club nintendo surveys for the preinstalled 3d world and nintendoland on my system?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

elf help book posted:

They alternate between those lovely-rear end NES and Gameboy Kid Icarus games every other month too, it seems.

homeless snail posted:

Good. I now have the Complete Kirby Experience on my Wii U Video Entertainment System.

Are there any Kirby games that are not included on that 20th anniversary Wii version from a couple years back?

night slime
May 14, 2014

Awesome! posted:

should i have received club nintendo surveys for the preinstalled 3d world and nintendoland on my system?

They should show up in a few days. Log into the DDP as well, for points.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I keep hoping for Kirby Block Ball but they put up Pinball Land a lot instead.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The original Metroid requires the ice beam for nearly everything which is lame because the wave beam is way cooler.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

did they stop making pikmin 3 or something? out of stock everywhere and ebay prices are ridiculous

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Awesome! posted:

did they stop making pikmin 3 or something? out of stock everywhere and ebay prices are ridiculous

Well you're in luck. Nintendo has it on the eShop, but yes, I believe they stopped printing it.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Super Metroid isn't nearly as obtuse as Metroid. You get the X-Ray Visor early on and that lets you see secret paths and how to access them 99.9% of the time.

Super Metroid is also one of the most perfect video games.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I don't know if I'd call the point where you get the visor "early on" though if you're not sequence breaking, though it's not really needed much outside of the part of the ship where you get it.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Wildtortilla posted:

Truth!! It's a real shame that so many people have little panic attacks when they reach the (one and only!) room in the game where walljumping is required.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Wildtortilla posted:

Super Metroid isn't nearly as obtuse as Metroid. You get the X-Ray Visor early on and that lets you see secret paths and how to access them 99.9% of the time.

Super Metroid is one of those games that has aged weirdly. The control scheme is kinda bad and wall/bomb jumping is tricky (as anyone who played the GBA games will tell you) but of the 2D Metroid games it's probably the best design-wise.

I hope we get a new one at some point. Zero Mission was a long time ago and I've been hurting for another one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Fremry posted:

Well you're in luck. Nintendo has it on the eShop, but yes, I believe they stopped printing it.

if im gonna pay $60 for it im gonna get a disk. just gonna take some extra work i guess

• Locked thread