Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ActusRhesus posted:

Oh, come on. Charles not abdicating would be the best IRL troll job ever.

or would just prove the monarchy is now irrelevant when no one decides to give a gently caress.

No, Prince Phillip taking the throne would be. He'd be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
My ancestors didn't show those lobsterbacks what for for me to have grown up with a school system that learned me what abdicate means :smug: On the real though why wouldn't he take the throne do people hate him or something

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

gfanikf posted:

No, Prince Phillip taking the throne would be. He'd be awesome.

My only exposure to him was the portrayal of him in "The Queen" by the guy who played the farmer in Babe.

If real Phillip is like movie Phillip, I'm cool with that.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I think the dude enjoys running his farms too much to not abdicate. Then again not many people get to be a monarch.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Why would Charles abdicate?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Why would Charles abdicate?
Nobody likes him.

It's too bad they didn't splatter the guy in Sydney about an hour into the the siege. I suppose they were worried about bombs or something like that though.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I still find the fact that he brought the wrong flag to the party loving hilarious.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

2 dead and four wounded, including a police officer shot in the face. What a mess.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

psydude posted:

2 dead and four wounded, including a police officer shot in the face. What a mess.

Pretty good when you compare it to Russia's track record on siege and hostage rescue.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Continentals. "I know, we'll have a revolution, just like the Americans! Better, even! There'll be Fraternity, Equality, Liber...Whoops, now we have an Emperor."

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
How can anything go wrong with advanced Russian tactics such as this example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrQ7c91b758

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Continentals. "I know, we'll have a revolution, just like the Americans! Better, even! There'll be Fraternity, Equality, Liber...Whoops, now we have an Emperor."

Napoleon: Conquest is Magic*

*except for Russia in Winter

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Russia in Winter
A different kind of magic.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Subutai didn't give a poo poo about no Russian Winter :colbert:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

How can anything go wrong with advanced Russian tactics such as this example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrQ7c91b758
Apparently that's actually a Kazachstani Spetznaz team, point still stands though. They should try working cheating at bicycle racing in their too.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

9 news are reporting the hostage taker fell asleep. A group of hostages escaped, as a result he began shooting and the police immediately went in.

A 34 year old man is dead from a gunshot wound, a 38 year old woman died in hospital, reportedly from a heart attack.

All the injured have apparently been released from hospital except for two a woman receiving leg surgery and a police officer with pellet wounds to his face.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Dude falls asleep only 16 hours into a siege. Are you loving kidding me.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
amateur.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

BlindSite posted:

38 year old woman
died
in hospital
from a heart attack.

What the gently caress

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

All that chocolate to eat and he fell asleep?!

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

maffew buildings posted:

We shot the bus with autocannon fire and it didn't stop!

Hit it with the explodey stick, someone might still be alive in there.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

maffew buildings posted:

So do they just pick one dude to give the magic stick to and tell him, "Sorry Yuri, we drew straws and you're the one who gets to be deaf and enjoy a TBI. As a consolation, the guys in the motor pool made you some hooch by boiling a pile of used Sterno cans in water."

Waroduce posted:

What the gently caress

Happens, man. I once had a 29-year old roach coach vendor drop dead of a heart attack in the middle of his lunch rush. Bunch of tourists standing around midtown with halal salad shoved in their gobs while this young guy from Egypt running his uncle's cart keels over and dies.

Zeroisanumber fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Dec 15, 2014

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Stress-eating, I bet.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

BlindSite posted:

9 news are reporting the hostage taker fell asleep. A group of hostages escaped, as a result he began shooting and the police immediately went in.

A 34 year old man is dead from a gunshot wound, a 38 year old woman died in hospital, reportedly from a heart attack.

All the injured have apparently been released from hospital except for two a woman receiving leg surgery and a police officer with pellet wounds to his face.

Fuckin :laffo:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Shoot up a Starbucks next time, chump.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Related: http://youtubedoubler.com/dODv

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

And no one thinks of loving jumping him. Seriously, out of two dozen hostages not a one wanted to be big poo poo and get all the pussy for a week or two?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Pretty sure a red bull would be halal no?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Equine Don posted:

Pretty sure a red bull would be halal no?

Western energy drinks are haram. Allah will keep us awake.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Western energy drinks are haram. Allah will keep us awake.

He needed total activation.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Courthouse posted:

And no one thinks of loving jumping him. Seriously, out of two dozen hostages not a one wanted to be big poo poo and get all the pussy for a week or two?

I think he was wearing a fake suicide vest. No one wanted to risk getting turned into a cloud of pink mist for a chance to be the hero.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Courthouse posted:

There's a lot of reasons why this isn't smart.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Courthouse posted:

Where do you think they were, a knife shop?

The Stygian
Feb 7, 2007

Exeggutor?

Courthouse posted:

Reports are that one dude tried as old mate Jihad was falling asleep. He got blasted. Police moved in and created some airholes. Siege over.

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

holocaust bloopers posted:

There's a lot of reasons why this isn't smart.

True. But this has never been a reason for people not doing stuff.

quote:

Reports are that one dude tried as old mate Jihad was falling asleep. He got blasted. Police moved in and created some airholes. Siege over.

Alright, news I listened to just after it happened told it differently

E; The Russian central bank just hiked the interest rate from 10.5% to 17%.

The rubel has lost almost half of it's value during the year and it is unlikely the latest string of action by the central bank will be able to stop it. With the value of crude oil and gas continuing to fall and the west mulling over the next round of sanctions over the Ukrainian war it is unclear where any new equilibrium will be found.

While Putin still has a solid 80-90% approval rating, confidence in the rubel is unsurprisingly less solid. And analyst people have started worrying about the risk of people withdrawing money to put in something more reliable, triggering a run on the banks. Of course, said western analysts may be more hoping for bad things for Russia than actually worrying and I havn't seen any of the serious papers do a big thing about the risks.

Courthouse fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 16, 2014

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Is it wrong that I'm feeling schadenfreude at the news of the Russian economy basically collapsing?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I feel like ruining the Russian economy (again) may have unexpected consequences.

Frosted Flake fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Dec 16, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Equine Don posted:

He needed total activation.

Every time I see a picture of that can my mouth waters uncontrollably.

It's been 9 years since I was whole.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

psydude posted:

Is it wrong that I'm feeling schadenfreude at the news of the Russian economy basically collapsing?

Whats making it collapse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Whats making it collapse?

Western sanctions, dropping oil prices, Ukraine refusing to pay for the poo poo they bought before Crimea, lovely industry losing to European and Chinese imports and no one paying Russia for the weapons they buy

• Locked thread