Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Turin Turambar posted:

http://wikiwiki.jp/dominions4/

O_O Found it by chance while googling up a spell name.

Japan has a better wiki than us English-speakers.

Whoa, I never realised the "inspirational" sprite was a minature Tiwaz of War.

What on earth is "Mind Slime"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
I assume it's the unique thing that Mind Slime horrors have. Apparently it just does stun damage in an area around itself, I was hoping it'd do a constant aoe feeblemind or something.

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory
I've made a really stupid thing...

http://thisisnotajumpscare.com/dom4/EAWuTang-01.zip
I guarantee it is 100% balanced for competitive play, and that none of the sprites are at all similar - or hacked together from random other sprites! I only make the highest quality dom4 mods.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
would play

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

This is an announcement for everyone who signed up for nata: JESUS CHRIST UPLOAD YOUR loving GODS.

Thank you for listening.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

A while back I read an LP that used a mod that made pretenders much more powerful (and useful). I think the guy was playing banka with the demon monkeys and using the shiva pretender.

Does anyone know wait the mod was? I'd like to play around with the stronger pretenders.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
That will've almost certainly been AwesomeGods for Dom 3, which was a part of the OPM package that included CBM (which includes AwesomeEndgame), AwesomeGods, and AwesomeItems IIRC.

For Dom 4 PudMod makes a few of them stronger, I think there was also a version of AwesomeGods called something different.

jBrereton fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Dec 14, 2014

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Modpud made a dom4 version of AwesomeGods which (I think) she used in her LP recently. Holler at her about it.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Nanomashoes posted:

This is an announcement for everyone who signed up for nata: JESUS CHRIST UPLOAD YOUR loving GODS.

Thank you for listening.
Who hasn't uploaded yet? I'm sure I have, but I have a couple of friends IRL in the game and I don't know how often they check the thread. If either Man With Hat or Lipschitz haven't uploaded yet I can poke them.

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

Azram Legion posted:

I've made a really stupid thing...

http://thisisnotajumpscare.com/dom4/EAWuTang-01.zip
I guarantee it is 100% balanced for competitive play, and that none of the sprites are at all similar - or hacked together from random other sprites! I only make the highest quality dom4 mods.

This is an amazing thing and I love you for it :3:

Quick question about the tour managers. Their description says that they have awe, but in game they don't. Second, they've got -6! inspirational, which is... rough.

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory

IAmThatIs posted:

This is an amazing thing and I love you for it :3:

Quick question about the tour managers. Their description says that they have awe, but in game they don't. Second, they've got -6! inspirational, which is... rough.

I'm glad to hear you like it! I wasn't sure if anyone else would enjoy this particular blend of nerdy references.

About the tour managers, the awe mentioned in the description is from an earlier version, where some random error kept giving them awe. I managed to fix the awe, but forgot about the description, so nice catch! The -6 inspirational is intended - tour managers are good at moving people around and feeding them, not at actually leading them. I've fixed their text, toned their inspiration malus down to -4 and raised their supply bonus to 72, to make them a bit more usable.

Download link:
http://thisisnotajumpscare.com/dom4/EAWuTang-01-1.zip

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

MA Ulm (noob) question.

What's better as your go-to damage spell, Magma Eruption or Iron Blizzard?

I remember hearing good things about Iron Blizzard, but I think that was before it was nerfed, now it costs 50 fatigue so I suspect it isn't so clear which is better. Against magical beings I suppose the answer is IB, as double damage!, so let's limit the question to "against your run of the mill human army".

If ME is better, then I don't what's the point of the capital only Priest Smiths, as they are exactly like Master Smiths but more expensive and with less Forge Bonus and without random paths (and less morale, and less leadership). Ok they are Holy 1 and can be blessed, but it's hard to imagine a bless strategy for MA Ulm. If IB is better, then I can see doing Priest Smiths in the capital and Master Smiths in the other forts.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Needs a human pretender option so I can run Ol' Dirty Bastard, Dirt McGirt, Big Baby Jesus, The Man of All Rainbows, Keeper of the 36 Chambers, Protector of Necks.

Also needs more RZA and Method/Red plus Inspectah Deck as a hero (patrol bonus?).

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory

Nakar posted:

Needs a human pretender option so I can run Ol' Dirty Bastard, Dirt McGirt, Big Baby Jesus, The Man of All Rainbows, Keeper of the 36 Chambers, Protector of Necks.

Also needs more RZA and Method/Red plus Inspectah Deck as a hero (patrol bonus?).

RZA is already present in his divine glyph form: Bobby Digital Glyph. I'll probably make some more summons in the future, to cover more Wu-Tang members and other legendary figures. Here are a few things I've been thinking about adding:

- Ol' Dirty Bastard remote summon - how does a stealthy, unrest creating, plague spreading disease monster sound?
- Event chain quest called "Tribe"
- Artifact path booster called the Aesop Rock.
- Weredogg summon

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Turin Turambar posted:

MA Ulm (noob) question.

What's better as your go-to damage spell, Magma Eruption or Iron Blizzard?

I remember hearing good things about Iron Blizzard, but I think that was before it was nerfed, now it costs 50 fatigue so I suspect it isn't so clear which is better. Against magical beings I suppose the answer is IB, as double damage!, so let's limit the question to "against your run of the mill human army".

If ME is better, then I don't what's the point of the capital only Priest Smiths, as they are exactly like Master Smiths but more expensive and with less Forge Bonus and without random paths (and less morale, and less leadership). Ok they are Holy 1 and can be blessed, but it's hard to imagine a bless strategy for MA Ulm. If IB is better, then I can see doing Priest Smiths in the capital and Master Smiths in the other forts.

Magma Eruption is better against tough enemies, Iron Blizzard is better against spam. Mix them for best results. Remember that Priest Smiths have Earth 2 so they can cast Iron Blizzard 4 times before passing out without needing to buff at all. I've found that the only bless that Ulm desperately wants is a minor Air, to make Iron Blizzard even more deadly.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

ChickenWing posted:

Modpud made a dom4 version of AwesomeGods which (I think) she used in her LP recently. Holler at her about it.

I found some download links on page 131 of this thread (both standalone awesomeishgods and Dominions are dumb 1.02 but the links are dead :( I hope someone's been keeping them updated but I can't find them anywhere.

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21409916/awesomeishgods0_27.rar

This is the last version of awesomeishgods I ever made, it hasn't been updated in ages and it's awful and I don't really care about it at all so here you go

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

garth ferengi posted:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21409916/awesomeishgods0_27.rar

This is the last version of awesomeishgods I ever made, it hasn't been updated in ages and it's awful and I don't really care about it at all so here you go

Thanks!

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.
It's been like ten turns since I was insanely brutally owned in happyanduknoit so I have uploaded the videos of me being insanely brutally owned in happyanduknoit.

This is the videos.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

Magma Eruption is better against tough enemies, Iron Blizzard is better against spam. Mix them for best results. Remember that Priest Smiths have Earth 2 so they can cast Iron Blizzard 4 times before passing out without needing to buff at all. I've found that the only bless that Ulm desperately wants is a minor Air, to make Iron Blizzard even more deadly.

From what I've seen in my test game, even if both spells are Precision 3, Magma Eruption seems to be a bit more of random placement, while Iron Blizzard does less damage but it's more or less aimed. Of course it could be just Placebo effect, but it seems ME chooses a tile as initial objective (how close to the real target depends of the precision roll), and then the other 4 tiles are placed totally at random nearby, so if the objective tile was off a bit to the south (with the enemy just above at North) and the other tiles happen to be chosen to the south of that initial tile, all of them will miss. IB shots are like targeted shots each one, so even if the precision is low and half can be off, on average 1/3 can hit the enemy, doing less damage in a more consistent way.

I had a fun moment when I noticed my Pretender couldn't cast Blood Riches Below by just 1 Earth path. Easy, one pair of Earth Boots and solved... wait, it's an Oracle, it doesn't have freaking feet. Sigh. I didn't have Air or Blood to do other boosters... but I had a few points in Astral (bad choice I know but it's against the AI!). I knew in half a dozen turns I could get Const8 (lots of owl quills), so I ordered one of my Smiths to make a pair of Copper Arms. One Cristal Coin, two copper arms and Const8 later, I could forge the freaking Sword of Many Colors just to be hold in the artificial copper arms by my Oracle fountain and then cast a pair of global Enchantments.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Turin Turambar posted:

Of course it could be just Placebo effect, but it seems ME chooses a tile as initial objective (how close to the real target depends of the precision roll), and then the other 4 tiles are placed totally at random nearby, so if the objective tile was off a bit to the south (with the enemy just above at North) and the other tiles happen to be chosen to the south of that initial tile, all of them will miss. IB shots are like targeted shots each one, so even if the precision is low and half can be off, on average 1/3 can hit the enemy, doing less damage in a more consistent way.

That is in fact exactly how targeting works for AoE and Missile weapons respectively.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
You can't have a single casting of Magma Eruption shotgun shred a dragon, though.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Yeah for AOEs it selects the originating square then randomly selects the spread around it with no multi hits. With projectiles like storm of thorns or iron blizzard it rolls precision for each projectile independently so you can have the shotgun effect.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Mu. posted:

It's been like ten turns since I was insanely brutally owned in happyanduknoit so I have uploaded the videos of me being insanely brutally owned in happyanduknoit.

This is the videos.

Don't base your diplomacy off of modpud's style. Nobody likes her and everybody is sick of her being a jerk.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

This magic place is supposed to heal afflictions, right?

Also I wanted to ask, is the manual right about this? Or is something from Dom3?

It talks of units with recuperation (heal tag) who can recover from afflictions, units with disease healer (autodishealer tag) and units with autohealer who heals their squad, but I can't find anyone with that tag.

Then the ways to heal afflictions are Gift of Health, Chalice and Blood Feat?

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
The Priestess from Arcoscephale have the healer tag and can heal afflictions off units.
So can a Fairy Queen.

There's 2 rolls involved. 1 to see if the healer gets to try. The second to see if the heal succeeds. Some wounds are harder to heal than others.

The Centaurs from Pan have Recuperation. It lets them heal their own afflictions. Its a very low chance every turn.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

RBA-Wintrow posted:

The Priestess from Arcoscephale have the healer tag and can heal afflictions off units.
So can a Fairy Queen.
Pretty sure the FQ's only a disease healer.

Think Hinnom has a proper healer?

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
Ashdod and Gath can summon Arels, which are probably the best healers in the game. The Vilas you can summon as Vanarus have it too. I think EA Ermor, Hinnom, Gath, and Arcos are the only nations with recruitable healers.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

RBA-Wintrow posted:

So can a Fairy Queen.

There's 2 rolls involved. 1 to see if the healer gets to try. The second to see if the heal succeeds. Some wounds are harder to heal than others.

The Centaurs from Pan have Recuperation. It lets them heal their own afflictions. Its a very low chance every turn.

You are right, I wasn't searching well in the Inspector list. These ones has the correct tag, if anyone wants to know

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

Mu. posted:

This is the videos.

I just finished watching what you have up of your Patala game, and I love these. I am new to the game, and watching you make sense of the game and talk your way through your thoughts is really helpful. So, thanks!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Mu. posted:

This is the videos.

The Virtue can fly, that's why it was able to attack non-adjacent provinces.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Jabarto posted:

Ashdod and Gath can summon Arels, which are probably the best healers in the game. The Vilas you can summon as Vanarus have it too. I think EA Ermor, Hinnom, Gath, and Arcos are the only nations with recruitable healers.

Arels are Healer 3, same as Priestesses.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Neruz posted:

Arels are Healer 3, same as Priestesses.

Ah, I couldn't remember if they were 3 or 5.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Do immortal beings heal afflictions when they reincarnate?

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory

Demiurge4 posted:

Do immortal beings heal afflictions when they reincarnate?

They just straight up heal afflictions over time - they don't need to die to heal them.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Azram Legion posted:

They just straight up heal afflictions over time - they don't need to die to heal them.

They get a bunch of checks when they die and reform too. If you have for example a lich with a missing head it will be faster to repeatedly suicide him in friendly dom than it will be to just wait.

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory

Nuclearmonkee posted:

They get a bunch of checks when they die and reform too. If you have for example a lich with a missing head it will be faster to repeatedly suicide him in friendly dom than it will be to just wait.

Ah, that makes perfect nonsense.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Nuclearmonkee posted:

So wait, does this mean if I use this one weird fire spell for temporary immortality, I can heal afflictions with suicide?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Libluini posted:

So wait, does this mean if I use this one weird fire spell for temporary immortality, I can heal afflictions with suicide?

If I recall correctly, then phoenix pyre gives the unit "reformation", a 100% chance to reform on the battlefield (if they are not asleep), and not immortality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Torrannor posted:

If I recall correctly, then phoenix pyre gives the unit "reformation", a 100% chance to reform on the battlefield (if they are not asleep), and not immortality.

Yeah there is no affliction healing associated with phoenix pyre.

• Locked thread