Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Soulhunter posted:

I didn't think the EW series was horrible, outside of the tedious bar-making trolley v:shobon:v

Also:

Come play Barbarian Assault with us! This took two trips (waves 1-4, then 1-8) and I sold tickets for a profit of 1.6m in the process. DO BARBASS!

Levels, man. I need to know what'd be good levels for barbass before I barbass to get barbass bxp.

Barbass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Oh we're still doing lovely pubbie examines?

;-*

reported for scamming

:stonk:

:stonklol:

:2bong:

Preid
May 22, 2014

I'm still not sure if this was a bot or a pubbie, what do you think?

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

how

also bxp to 99! :toot:

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Dec 13, 2014

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Guess he was just grilling it :razz:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Hoppeduppeanut posted:

Oh we're still doing lovely pubbie examines?

lovely? Unless the clan is called N/A this is a pretty great examine.

You can smell the patchouli and sadness from here.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

After several run-throughs of hard mode as a defender with super spergy and efficient pubbies I figured out the optimal path for success. DO NOT gently caress around with dropping incorrect bait, it wastes your time massively. Instead, stock up on the dispenser, then run up to the mouth of the runner cave. Drop the correct bait at the point indicated in the image, up to around five squares away from the runner cave mouth. Immediately after dropping a few bait in front of it, move south east in a curve towards the trap, dropping a lot of the correct bait before it switches. DO NOT drop any bait within a 9x9 square around the trap, but DO drop two of the correct bait on the trap itself and STAND STILL ON THE TRAP.

BE PATIENT. If the trail you laid is good, the penance runners should all flock down the path you laid in a mass and stack up one square north of you. Once penance runners stop coming out of the mouth of their cave and they're all stacked adjacent to you, run northwest about 8 squares away. They should all die in one trap. Repair the trap immediately after they explode, and sit on it again. Repeat once more, and that should take care of all the penance runners in any single wave, even wave 9.

Basically, the number one problem people have with defender is a massive lack of patience. If you see a runner move slightly west, don't worry. If you placed a good trail like shown in the image, they should be lured back after 5 seconds. What harms your clear time and efficiency is running around like a headless chicken and preventing the runners from stacking adjacent to the trap.

If you made the path from cave to trap too thin they will move away, as well as too short. You should lay at least 25 of the correct bait in the indicated path in the above image. If one runner slips by don't abandon the stack you are building adjacent to the trap, just let it pass. It's not a big deal and you can get it when you release the stack of runners you are building on the stack with the 2nd wave coming after.

Note: Your collector should immediately shoot you with a green egg after they give the attackers a green egg each. This will give you at least one log to use to repair the trap, which is enough to take care of two waves of runners. If you immediately run for logs you WILL get swarmed by several attackers and rangers in later waves and die very quickly. Focus on building your path and stacking the penance runners, and you'll have an easy wave every single game.

How Rude fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Dec 13, 2014

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
My son just came home from college yesterday and told me that he saw me on RS a few days ago. I have not logged in in prob 2 years.
So I logged in with my old password and was able to get in fine, but there was an authenticator on it. I disabled that with his help.
Then went to my bank and there was no bank pin. I know I had one on there, but nothing now. Hmmm. Checked my email history and no emails from Jagex stating a bank pin reset. I did get update emails when I updated my password just now.

Oh well, nothing too big lost, about 5 million gold, some Rune G stuff, couple thousand ores and like 100 diamonds. Biggest loss was my Talisman collection. I had over 4000 or so water talismans and something like 10000 air talismans, among many others. I always bought them in the general store when I saw them for cheap. Oh well. Checked the trading post history and they used 15 million to buy bonds (?). There was still 2.9 million gold and an abyssal whip on my character that wasn't there before (did not have membership when I logged out last). Guess someone was playing my account. At least it was not banned.

Luckily my 1111 empty buckets collection is still there.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Meydey posted:

Biggest loss was my Talisman collection. I had over 4000 or so water talismans and something like 10000 air talismans,

4000*10,329=41,316,000

That's a lot of cash.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Spergminer posted:

4000*10,329=41,316,000

That's a lot of cash.

Wow that much? I know I got almost all of the expensive ones before the grand exchange was around, as they appeared in the general store quite often. I know there was over 5k earths also.
I thought I had a screenshot but all I can find is a pic of getting a Robin Hood hat from a treasure chest. :shrug:

Edit - wow that hat dropped in value also, was like 4 million when I got it

Edit part duex - Ha 2006!

Meydey fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 13, 2014

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Meydey posted:

Wow that much? I know I got almost all of the expensive ones before the grand exchange was around, as they appeared in the general store quite often. I know there was over 5k earths also.
I thought I had a screenshot but all I can find is a pic of getting a Robin Hood hat from a treasure chest. :shrug:

It's the only expensive one because it's used as a secondary item for summoning. It's a popular one at that.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
I guess it wasn't all bad:

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

A strange thing happened when I home-teleported to Draynor today - has anyone else seen this?

Walking a bit further south to Draynor Market, nobody was around to help. Maybe the server was empty?

Looking further south, I went to use the fairy ring by the Wizards' Tower..

Rats, out of service! Thanks again, RuneScape bugtesters. I house teleport out and..

End up in Rimmington? This is not my glorious Elf City House, Jagex :colbert:

A mysterious "Mod Matt" appears to be speaking with the locals, but is nowhere to be seen. Perhaps this is a secret RuneScape 4 beta server???

Further north, some directions and a brief sidetrack takes me to the farm to pick a few herbs.

I climb on some buildings to the south to get a bird's eye view of the farm and Port Sarim, before heading north to the gates.

Back to Falador, and I get a notice that Mod Nick is lazing about on the job. Typical.

At the bank, I catch up to Mod Matt talking with the locals about recent OldSchool Runescape updates. What a dork, get with the times, loser.

Reaching the party hall, someone's broken the dancing knights. They stare into the void, contemplating their existence. Off to check on my magic tree!

Full grown, but unresponsive, and Wyson is nowhere to be found. As of yet, nothing works and I've only managed to gather 64 pieces of "pork chops". I assume that lovely bacon quest somehow turned every item in the game into pork products.

After pounding a few red bull cocktails in the bar, I step out to check out the castle, and fly right the hell out of this stupid game.

riot w60 falladoor@@@@@@@@ no rs4 beta graphics update!!!! fuk u jagex!!!!1 @@@ fix ur game@@@@@@@@@!!

The runescape minecraft server is http://www.thanorpheus-projects.com/about/ if you want to check this out for yourself, some folks have been rebuilding the map on a 2:1 scale for a while and it's pretty neat!

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Dec 14, 2014

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
I've never played Minecraft but that seems pretty cool and worth adding to the OP.

So I decided it's time to get serious about vis waxing and made a :siren:Vis Wax Profit Calculator:siren:.

What makes this calculator better than the lovely one on the Wikia is you enter the precise amount of runes you're using along with the total vis wax obtained and it'll calculate your profit automatically. It pulls up the rune and vis wax values from the GE automatically, so all you have to do is enter information in the bright green boxes.

There's two sheets, both the exact same, but they're in case there's more than one person calculating at the time. You can also duplicate it into your own google doc for personal use, just don't screw up the actual sheets cause Google Docs suck.

joachim783
May 9, 2013
So i got 90 slayer today and decided to try out dark beasts with my mask of gloom and i completely broke the rdt because in one task i got 100 rune ore 200 battle staffs and 7 magic seeds. :wtf:

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Alright you schweens, I'm reinstating the Great Leap Forward. Dungeoneering is the best skill in the game, and I'm going to make you all good at it.

Group Dung is better, faster xp, and the Dungeoneering Weekend is coming up, so I'll be running clinics in teaching newbie and returning dungeoneers how to get floors done well, and fast.

If you don't have occult floors (level 71), we'll get you there. If you don't have warped floors (level 95), we'll get you there.

Start getting in the mindset of doing floors when someone proposes them. You'll be glad you did.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
^I am ok with helping you help goons get good in dung. im pizza pirate in game

also, loot so far from minigame weekend

bxp to 99 agility AND full superior void! It's crappy gear what am i gonna do with it? why did i do this?!

PC is really afk so im gonna do it for some str xp too i think while doing other poo poo.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Uggh, I've had enough with these weird furry roleplayers. Our clan leader is in fact one of those..... things :furcry:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I just realized that maybe my name sounding gayer might be a good thing. I mean, I was gonna name him Head Daiquiri or something. But Head-On Queer sounds more fitting for the guild and all that poo poo.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

widespread posted:

I just realized that maybe my name sounding gayer might be a good thing. I mean, I was gonna name him Head Daiquiri or something. But Head-On Queer sounds more fitting for the guild and all that poo poo.

Yes, definitely more fitting.

Mungh0 and I finally get a decent drop.

Also on that day where I got that Crystal impling?

Another one spawned on the same world in the same dungeon in front of me!

Billy's alter ego

Must be a lovely player

Runescape: Fills his socks, then fills his dog

Magres.txt

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Themata posted:

Magres.txt

Yes, I do indeed make all conversations I am a part of significantly better :sun:

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

:heysexy:

Nerds loving nerds.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Terces posted:

:heysexy:

Nerds loving nerds.

i thought SUOMI ragequit RS because jagex wouldn't interview him after he acted like a total arsehole?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I always thought it was weird how the highest level players usually end up doing absolutely nothing INTERESTING with their character's style. Like, they wear default black shirt + pants with their stupid Party Hats and a fury amulet (lol).

Guess the :spergin: just can't move past old Runescape, and heal.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

How Rude posted:

I always thought it was weird how the highest level players usually end up doing absolutely nothing INTERESTING with their character's style. Like, they wear default black shirt + pants with their stupid Party Hats and a fury amulet (lol).

Guess the :spergin: just can't move past old Runescape, and heal.

Yeah that's always bugged me. it's usually just plain shirt/pants with whatever autismal cape they unlocked and a CW halo/p-hat/santa/other rare hat and a ugly gaze aura.

Also this is a thing

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Yeah, I'll take a medium DonairOpolis with an order of Tequila Habanara wings, an order of Cross Bones, and about two six-packs of Mountain Dew. And I'd like that around... say... next reset?

And I'll pay with cash.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Got this from about 14 QBD kills. I did pretty good last night! Hope my luck doesn't run out after getting a visage in God knows how long...

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Summarized Patch Notes:

http://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/2pd0bm/tldr_030_tasks_and_snowboarding/

Big thing: I can't find a source for the Araxxor nerf so I don't know if it's true. If it is, prices on spider gear prolly gonna tank

Jagex patch notes:

Forum Notes

Main Page Notes

E: I asked, someone in the reddit thread said that Spider nerf was on the patch notes but got removed. I'd recommend testing for yourself, and drop that Staff like it's hot if it's true cause that nerf will definitely hit prices.

Magres fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 15, 2014

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
Not done elf city tasks, but thought the snowboarding was pretty cool.

Myself with a sharkboard and some dude falling on his face.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Clue scroll high scores yisss. Not going to go for it, but it'll be nice to see with all my hard and elite clues I'm doing.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
No more options on other clan avatars and tears resets on Wednesday. Elf tasks will be a pain to do but I think I can do the medium tasks, at least.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Runescape: I legit got upset/mad when I saw your post!

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Jesus is a nerd

RS is educational

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Augster posted:

Jesus is a nerd

Pretty sure Jesus wouldn't be down with spending thousands of hours studying how best to drive as many species as possible into extinction or have a helmet for that purpose.

E: Question about Nex, cause Goons have talked about doing goon boss groups for Nex. How many people would we take? Cause when you hit like 5+ people doing a boss, taking an Avatar set to healing buff seems like it might be worth it. 2% every 5 seconds adds up quick when you've got 5 people getting healed.

Magres fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Dec 16, 2014

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:black101: What Would Jesus Slay? :black101:

PhantomBowie
Sep 3, 2009

"I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human."
Everytime I get into some TV show based on knights/castles/vikings/dirty,poor,cropless peasants, I have the urge to come back to this game. So I just resubbed for three months. Anything I should be aware of that happened in the last year? I saw there is a new elf city, are there any new fun items that someone with melee skills ~80 can use?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit I accidentally kept the loving lucky gear I can't even use at all yet.

joachim783
May 9, 2013

PhantomBowie posted:

Everytime I get into some TV show based on knights/castles/vikings/dirty,poor,cropless peasants, I have the urge to come back to this game. So I just resubbed for three months. Anything I should be aware of that happened in the last year? I saw there is a new elf city, are there any new fun items that someone with melee skills ~80 can use?

they will be bringing back the wildywyrm soon and it will drop items that will upgrade your whip/sol/dark bow to t85.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

New official world adoption seems prevalent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
Really wanted the buddy pet and was disappointed to get this silly looking thing,

but apparently it is worth a few bob