Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

Victor Vermis posted:

If you're referring to a person as a "Marine" wouldn't it be lower case? Like, "The soldier picked up his rifle." or "The marine picked up his rifle." "The marines picked up their rifles".

I honestly don't know. I always capitalize "Marine". But it's purely masturbatory.

I've always been under the impression the word "Marine" is a proper noun (i.e. a shortening of US Marine) and thus is capitalized. Soldier is a generic term applied to members of armies in general. Though I suppose the argument could be made soldier is a shortening of US Soldier so vOv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
Discussing the proper capitalization of the word Marine is not keeping in tradition with the highest traditions of this exceedingly gay thread.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

Discussing the proper capitalization of the word Marine is not keeping in tradition with the highest traditions of this exceedingly gay thread.

You still capitalized it like a big gay baby though. You've been too thoroughly indoctrinated not to.

vains
May 26, 2004

Hekk posted:

You still capitalized it like a big gay baby though. You've been too thoroughly indoctrinated not to.

I've got a Message to Garcia for you: Suck my dick gunny

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
If only people still read this thread they'd know how gay you guys are talking about loving capitalization

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Bob A Feet posted:

If only people still read this thread they'd know how gay you guys are talking about loving capitalization

gently caress off

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

krispykremessuck posted:

gently caress off

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Veins I think you owe us an apology.

with a capital A.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I can't wait until Bob A Feet crashes his Osprey into an Okinawan Elementary school

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Bolow posted:

I can't wait until Bob A Feet crashes his Osprey into an Okinawan Elementary school

Itd be a Jacksonville elementary. I'd be doing the entire state a favor

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
by ending your own life

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
A win-win. We all know no kid in Jacksonville is gonna be curing cancer.

Corn Burst
Jun 18, 2004

Blammo!
Hey Bob A Feet I just checked into 204 to learn to fly the Osprey. We should hang out :Ospreybros:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Let's take a poll. Would you rather fly in an Osprey or raw dog Courtney Love?

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005

Corn Burst posted:

Hey Bob A Feet I just checked into 204 to learn to fly the Osprey. We should hang out :Ospreybros:

no poo poo? get PMs

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Truly there is a DuffelBlog for everything:
http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/06/public-affairs-marine-capitalized/

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Raw dog courtney love in an osprey

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Is this even a question?

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
i thought raw dogging was always implied

vains
May 26, 2004

Bob A Feet posted:

i thought raw dogging was always implied

shut up boot

vains
May 26, 2004

https://viralstyle.com/sports/soamrncplr#pid=5&cid=157015&sid=front

They're a few years behind the curve. SOA is over.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

out-loving-standing oorah

cleared a couple hot and sent downrange for the personal collection

this is how people on pro military forums post

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

justice4trayvawn posted:

out-loving-standing oorah

cleared a couple hot and sent downrange for the personal collection

this is how people on pro military forums post

You need an avatar with all your ribbons listed and you have to sign all your posts with your rank.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Hekk posted:

You need an avatar with all your ribbons listed and you have to sign all your posts with your rank.

V/R,

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

LCpl Fuckface (ret.)

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
http://www.buzzfeed.com/h2/fbso/marines/roles-in-the-marine-corps-you-didnt-know-existed

I learned a few things today :3:

What's the job code for role model?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Innovators come up with new ways of drawing cocks on things.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

People didn't know Marines had pilots or EOD techs?

They retarded or something?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Genocide Tendency posted:

People didn't know Marines had pilots or EOD techs?

They retarded or something?

My older brother was a Marine pilot, and it never ceases to amaze me how many Army intel guys around here are flabbergasted by the fact that Marines fly actual jets (kinda, I guess) after they ask him what his MOS was.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Wish they had shoulder rank like the Navy because gently caress reading that little name placard

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Most of the pilots I encountered either answered to Sir or Dude. The Helo guys next door to our shop were chill as gently caress

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Bolow posted:

Most of the pilots I encountered either answered to Sir or Dude. The Helo guys next door to our shop were chill as gently caress

Oddly enough.. I think thats pretty much standard for helo guys. They give one less gently caress than E3s.

I think its the acceptance that they pilot something that should have never been invented and its only a matter of time before physics notices what the gently caress is going on and plants them in some farmer's field.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Bolow posted:

If you accidentally saluted any of our helo pilots somewhere you weren't supposed to or simply in a place where it would be inconvienent to do so, they'd often return it with a gang sign or by grabbing their balls in an aggressive manner and shouting "Deez nuts"

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
I like to believe were fighting the good fight but then I meet my contemporaries on camp lejeune that do things like mando pt and "motivational" hikes and say oorah with a straight face and then I remember I can't fight the system

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

dawn your affliction gear and become what you most hate

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014
http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-montogomery-county-shooting-20141215-story.html

oorah marine

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Total deployment time: less than 3 months in Iraq

"His job included monitoring weather conditions for artillery."

Discount_Bees
Aug 1, 2007

How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?

Booblord Zagats posted:

If you accidentally saluted any of our helo pilots somewhere you weren't supposed to or simply in a place where it would be inconvienent to do so, they'd often return it with a gang sign or by grabbing their balls in an aggressive manner and shouting "Deez nuts"

I spend a lot of my day flying with huey pilots and most of those dudes are chill as hell. Had one get bored while we were out on an aerial gunnery range in 29 palms, so he holds his phone up to his boom mic and played a bunch of NWA over comms the entire time.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Discount_Bees posted:

I spend a lot of my day flying with huey pilots and most of those dudes are chill as hell. Had one get bored while we were out on an aerial gunnery range in 29 palms, so he holds his phone up to his boom mic and played a bunch of NWA over comms the entire time.

Huey pilots seem to be hit or miss. Some are really laid back and some are really upset they aren't cobra pilots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Yeah you'd be surprised how douchey skid kids are. Assault supports the chill zone.

• Locked thread