Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

Surely the What the hell are you trying to say here category should just be called Nonsense... This is an election year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Sardine Wit posted:

Nonsense... This is an election year!

What's the origin of this, anyways?

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Urdnot Fire posted:

Even then, the hashtags are nonsensical given the rest of the comic. Why would child support, broken condoms, and accidental pregnancies be a bigger problem if women get free birth control? :psyduck:

Edit: Wait, it's because those filthy sluts lie about taking their free pills, isn't it? loving Branco.

Well, clearly, because they need something with which to barter recreational drugs from their secret Negro boyfriends who are cuckolding you behind your back, and what better than a necessary commodity for running a stable of hos? And when the mulatto baby comes along and the Activist Judges order you to pay child support anyhow, why, that's just gravy for them!

But no, at this point we're putting more thought into their worldview than they ever did. Really, it boils down to the false dichotomy of "Either we have pure, Godly patriarchy as Jesus intended or EVIL HOMEWRECKING TWO-TIMING SLUTS" plus a generous, (un)healthy helping of just plain hating women. You can't really understand the Republican mindset without first realizing that it's predicated on an overpowering fear of change - all morality as one, big game of "The Floor Is Lava".

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Portals posted:

What's the origin of this, anyways?

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010
Is there any thought to sub-categories for some of the worst offenders? I feel like Ramirez could easily be his own category this year, and a few others (Bronco?). Maybe it can be a separate thing, but for those posting multiple cartoons a week there's quite a selection of horribleness.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Or it could just be that Reagan was a demented moron who genuinely thought that these were good ideas. I mean the guy campaigned on strong military and lower taxes.

I don't think a guy who visited his wife's astrologer for governing advice is that foreward thinking...

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Glad to see Rameriz speaks for the dead.

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

After everyone posting some old comics from previous Gay Abortion threads, I just assumed this was an old cartoon that I didn't remember... :smith:

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

So when Ramirez does poo poo like that to make someone feel what amounts to "we should truly endorse evil acts to prevent evil acts", it just blows my mind. For it be viable I can only think it's because one feels that American exceptionalism is inherent and thus any immorality or depravity is justifiable, but how can you actually think that torturing people is OK when it was made to be such a stink for the Allied populations to point fingers about during WWII and the conflicts afterwards?

I mean I could go further into detail but this poo poo just bothers me.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

e: Not saying all the people tortured were innocent, but at least one of them was.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

I had to check IBD to verify that this wasn't a photoshop to 2014.

FFFFFFFFFFFuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :psyduck:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Anyone have the "That looks like a great place for a mosque!" cartoon? I thought that was also a Ramirez and also used the "falling man" image, but I may be misremembering.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wow, loving Ramirez is going to slam dunk the Gay Abortion Awards this year with a late entry.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Urdnot Fire posted:

Even then, the hashtags are nonsensical given the rest of the comic. Why would child support, broken condoms, and accidental pregnancies be a bigger problem if women get free birth control? :psyduck:

Edit: Wait, it's because those filthy sluts lie about taking their free pills, isn't it? loving Branco.

Apparently it's her fault that the condom is broken and that he didn't bother to see if she had any STDs before assuming that just because she was on the pill meant he didn't need to use protection.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Ramirez is treating the Gay Abortions this year like the Pulitzer, god drat.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Anyone have the "That looks like a great place for a mosque!" cartoon? I thought that was also a Ramirez and also used the "falling man" image, but I may be misremembering.

You were, it's a Lester.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Xander77 posted:

I'm still in favor of "Cartoon with the least amount of thought put into it beyond the most superficial possible level" (the name might use some work)
(Yeah, maybe that) as distinct from AGC.

The go-to example is that one cartoon with the ghosts of Napoleon and Hitler celebrating the fact that France and Germany won't aid the Iraq invasion.

For that, I would nominate the Ramirez cartoon where Obama is dressed as a nun while punishing nuns over contraception, because why is the guy you hate dressed as the people whose side you're taking?

Also, "that looks like a great place for a mosque" was Lester, I think. I also thought the above Ramirez was a reprint of that Lester comic at first.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Sorry is this a Dick by Dick edit?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

What.. what is going on with that baby's... everything? :stare:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I figured Ramirez would come out okaying torture. He did do the comic of the twin towers (while burning) talking to each other saying "did you hear the US illegally wiretapped phones?" "How awful, I know" so this is nothing new for him.

Still, gently caress you Ramirez.

edit: oops it was a bit different than I remembered:

Second edit - holy poo poo this was the second image in the search:

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Dec 16, 2014

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

What.. what is going on with that baby's... everything? :stare:

Seriously. For some reason Muir decided to color the baby's rear end pink and the rest of it brown so it looks like nothing so much as a baboon.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

seiferguy posted:

I figured Ramirez would come out okaying torture. He did do the comic of the twin towers (while burning) talking to each other saying "did you hear the US illegally wiretapped phones?" "How awful, I know" so this is nothing new for him.

Still, gently caress you Ramirez.

edit: oops it was a bit different than I remembered:

Second edit - holy poo poo this was the second image in the search:

Ramirez was originally anti-wiretapping, his opinion on it changed somewhere around January 20th, 2009.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I think you mean pro-wiretapping.

And yeah he did just do an about face on so god drat many things.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Shugojin posted:

I think you mean pro-wiretapping.

And yeah he did just do an about face on so god drat many things.

They all did. Lester had a cartoon that literally showed America getting fat off a civil liberties cake, then a few years ago one that showed the indignities of getting searched by the TSA:qq:

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Getting searched by the TSA is the one element of post-9/11 police-state America that Mike Lester didn't delight in, and he was laughably, transparently "BUT I'M WHITE" about it too.
but

i'm

whiiiii

iiiite

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Funny how when white guys get mad about the TSA the agent is usually a fat black woman. I wonder what that's all about??

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Someone exercised an extremely tiny & limited amount of power over me for maybe 90 seconds out of my life and I got real loving mad about it. Now listen to my opinions on the events in Ferguson, Missouri!!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:negative:

gently caress, Ramirez. I mean, the drone thing was pretty dumb but this is just hilariously crass.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Apropos of nothing, here's a Kelly parody involving Five Nights At Freddy's.

I feel like it's the moral obligation to share these once they're found.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Erenthal posted:

He's holding up the wrong finger in that picture.

This thread moves too fast, but I made a thing:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

:negative:

gently caress, Ramirez. I mean, the drone thing was pretty dumb but this is just hilariously crass.
hey remember when ramirez used a picture of the challenger disaster to lay a sick burn on obamacare

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

BBJoey posted:

hey remember when ramirez used a picture of the challenger disaster to lay a sick burn on obamacare

How can anyone forget.. the subsequent scooty elephant edit immortalizes it. Anyone have that edit by the way? I could use a good laugh again after all these people literally defending torture.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

BBJoey posted:

Cpt.Americant posted:

How can anyone forget.. the subsequent scooty elephant edit immortalizes it. Anyone have that edit by the way? I could use a good laugh again after all these people literally defending torture.

:gbsmith:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Allen Wren posted:

I'm having a dumb moment. What should I be looking up to read more on this?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_Street_Crash_of_1929

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

God drat I could go for some investments right now.

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

So I recently got back from the states and while I was in Portland I picked up this gem from Powell's.

It's Ted Rall's "ATTITUDE", a primer on whom Rall considers the best of the alternate political cartoonists. This particular edition was published in 2002, and the cartoons inside are from around then.

The basic concept for the book is each cartoonist is interviewed by Rall and the interview sits alongside a sample of their comics. I don't have a scanner, but I'll happily take some terrible iphone photos of any sections people are interested in.

Here's Rall's foreword:

And here's the cartoonists covered:

Edit: Yes, he put himself in it. He got Ruben Bolling to interview him for it.

Sardine Wit fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Dec 16, 2014

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

This is so outside of anything actually going on that I just :stare: dumbly, I can't even get exasperated.

• Locked thread