Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Darcy
Feb 8, 2006

Artless Meat posted:

IIRC it was a way to build a cruiser by getting around the Washington Naval Treaty

That would make sense.

They should have got together with the Japanese and put an aircraft carrier on the back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Mr Darcy posted:

That would make sense.

They should have got together with the Japanese and put an aircraft carrier on the back.

It actually did have a seaplane hanger in the conning tower.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Lee Outrageous posted:

Or the ones who whine about Russian bias over OP soviet steel when they race ahead of everyone into combat and get blown the gently caress up.

I mean, if they do that, they're just re-enacting their hero, Wittman's death.

Teasing aside, the game's fairly well-balanced. It's nice that you're not un-locking things like more powerful guns, but instead giving you modules that will increase survivability, ammo characteristics, and tank handling. You're not up against the mercy of unlocked gun vs. unlocked gun. It's like the plane system in that unlocked modules may help a bit, but it's the drivers that make each vehicle you're up against different.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Dec 16, 2014

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010
I wish War Thunder would hurry up with the boats, I originally started playing it for the boats because I didn't see it happening anytime soon with the World of *. I think they used to have a ship button along with the ground forces button, but I could be mistaken.

Although I would like to see some glorious Japanese shitboxes in the ground battles at least.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
They should have done what the Italians did. Just lie about which boats you are building

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Looks like we might be getting an International tech tree. :sweden::hf:::geert:

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
1.45 just hit

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/198476-war-thunder-update-145/

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

BBJoey posted:

Looks like we might be getting an International tech tree. :sweden::hf:::geert:

That owns.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

http://devblog.warthunder.com/2014/12/16/update-1-45/?hl=en

quote:

Camouflages that were temporarily made unavailable for selection by players have now been returned. Achievements have been added to unlock them. For people who own these vehicles and who log into the game in the first week after 1.45 has been released will have these camouflages added for free:

He.111H-6 – “Torpedo plane camouflage”

LaGG-3-23 – “Bicolor camouflage”, “Winter camouflage”

Yak-3 – “Grey-blue camouflage 1″

DB-7 – “Vichy Air Force camouflage”

A6M2 USA- “”"V-103″” Camouflage”

Yak-15 – “Unicolor camouflage”

XP-50 – “Olive-Green camouflage”

Lа-7b-20 – “Grey-Blue camouflage”

F9F-5 – “Unpainted camouflage”, “Partly painted camouflage”

Yak-3P – “Grey-blue camouflage 2”, “Grey camouflage”

Ki-84 ko – “Brown camouflage”

La-15- “Unpainted camouflage”, “Blue nose”

LаGG-3-4 – “Winter camouflage”, “Finnish Air Force camouflage”

Т-34 1940 – “Forest camouflage”

oh

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Well done gaijin. The game has finally been tuned according to data sheet.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
What IS the difference between tuned and updated?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

quote:

I-301 has been tuned according to data sheet.

quote:

The prototype of the LaGG-3, I-301

:confused::confused::confused:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I wonder if we will actually see some Argentinian designs.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

They haven't bothered to change any BRs, instead waiting until they implement the new system which completely hides the lovely balancing from the player.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

it's going to be good poo poo when they release the new system replacing BR that is exactly the same except it's presented in a slightly different format

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

BBJoey posted:

I would never recommend taking bombs on a fighter. In AB you want to be spending every moment either preparing or attacking an enemy plane, finding a ground target to drop your tiny bombload on isn't worth it

I quite often do take bombs on my Typhoons/Tempests/Hellcats in AB. Jettison them at the start, and zoom around sky godding. After 10 minutes, when the ticket count is invariably at 96 for each team, they'll reload and I can blat that pillbox or tank for the win.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Plane not previously in game has been tuned according to datasheet.

J2M3

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
weird. I'm actually getting good speeds downloading for once. Surely that wont last.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Supposedly all the Griffon Spitfires have new flight models, but it's not on the changelog yet.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Shanakin posted:

weird. I'm actually getting good speeds downloading for once. Surely that wont last.

Weird, I am not getting any speed at all yet I have hardly ever had download issues before.

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

Fast for me too, and only had a half-dozen weird connections from criminal syndicates and former Soviet military commands this time! Thanks to whoever mentioned Peerblock.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Wow, no Soviet planes or tanks for the Russian launcher? We will see riots in Russia tomorrow, friends

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Finished downloading but the server is still down.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
wow, it's actually maxing out my connection (all 12 megabits of it)

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
Serious point, but might want to keep an eye on the Ruble, as its collapsing as we speak. Wouldn't be shocked if Gaijin have to take some kind of emergency action as their costs are going up through the roof (most of their big costs are in USD and Euro's supposedly).

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007

ukle posted:

Serious point, but might want to keep an eye on the Ruble, as its collapsing as we speak. Wouldn't be shocked if Gaijin have to take some kind of emergency action as their costs are going up through the roof (most of their big costs are in USD and Euro's supposedly).
Most of their payments would be coming through in non-Rubles, wouldn't they? If they avoid conversions, they won't be suffering that much when they pay for hosting in EU/USA/SA (gently caress softlayer though).

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

quote:

Kill credit for Realistic and Simulator battles has been changed. Now, if you shoot off the wing or tail of an enemy who is not close to his airfield, the opponent will be counted as immediately destroyed.

:bravo:

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Mr Chips posted:

Most of their payments would be coming through in non-Rubles, wouldn't they?

Who knows. The Russian population makes up a sizable portion of the game, whether they also make up an equal share of the paying portion of the players is unknown, if they do then Gaijin are in trouble, if they don't then its less of an issue, although its still a significant problem.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

neat

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Trip report on the first USA AA truck.

1. Completly wrecks light tanks.
2. Completly wrecks Panzers 3 and 4.
3. Doubles as deforestation.
4. Way too many particle effects.

:911: :ussr:

Michaellaneous fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Dec 16, 2014

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
The new USA Jet seems kind of amazing for 6.7. Poor Germans.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Are they intentionally making spawning completely broken to get people to try hooks, or what?

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

quote:

Flakpanzer IV Ostwind, combat load increased from 320 to 1000 shells

Well thank you.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
Hey, they made your chance to get ammo racked dependent on how much ammo you're actually carrying, neat. (For like, 7 tanks at the moment, with the rest to be added as 'micro-updates')

quote:

Damage model for ammunition has been improved. Now when you use up your ammunition, the modules will turn off and cannot be damaged. Mechanic of not taking full ammo load works in the same way. Correlation between amount of shells loaded and module size in x-ray has been set up for the following vehicles (more vehicles will be added with server micro-updates): Jagdtiger, IS-2, IS-2 mod. 1944, IS-3, IS-4M, KV-1 (all modifications with 76mm cannon)

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Shanakin posted:

The new USA Jet seems kind of amazing for 6.7. Poor Germans.

Hahaha so it wasn't a placeholder despite the mods and admins and community types there saying otherwise and begging us to chill :woop:

e: Scarper, on 16 Dec 2014 - 2:07 PM, said:

You guys know how it works currently, the BR rating will change with play as you know and until an alternative system is offered, this is the way it will be driven. I know many of you dont like it, but its what we have at the moment.

e: why is the tigercat below the bearcats?

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Dec 16, 2014

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

It's all placeholders until the BR is hidden and nothing changes.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

Needs purple wingtip smoke.Wasn't it a "Tiger"?

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Man I couldn't get the launcher to work for poo poo this morning. Haven't had that problem before. It would just wipe out my internet completely.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Generation Internet posted:

Hey, they made your chance to get ammo racked dependent on how much ammo you're actually carrying, neat. (For like, 7 tanks at the moment, with the rest to be added as 'micro-updates')

This would be better if they didn't allow you to miracle new shells into the rack like repairs in RB. Arcade? Just post up in whatever hidey-hole you use and keep mashing the repair button when needed. You can piss away your ammo belts and have them fill back up in a few seconds while airborne, no reason not to lock that out for fischer-price mode tanks. You ought to be expected to trundle back to base to reload in RB/Sim though.

Oh gently caress it, I don't care. It's good to be able to carry only like 20 rounds instead of 60 and not get ammo racked as easily. Reloading ammo takes long enough anyway.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Dec 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Target Practice posted:

Man I couldn't get the launcher to work for poo poo this morning. Haven't had that problem before. It would just wipe out my internet completely.

Do you use Avast by chance? I've noticed that War Thunder updates cause Avast to run my CPU at 100% until I disable the web shield and have no idea why or how to fix it.

• Locked thread