Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The Gipper would be proud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Ronald Reagan is the best worst president.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Equine Don posted:

He needed total activation.

Holy poo poo I forgot all about those.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mike-o posted:

Holy poo poo I forgot all about those.

every morning in iraq
-pack a dip
-open a wild tiger
-smoke 2 cigarettes while drinking said wild tiger
-greet the day with open arms and an open heart

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

Frosted Flake posted:

I feel like ruining the Russian economy (again) my have unexpected consequences.

True, there is a long history of externally imposed economic hardships leading to despotic strongmen taking power and manipulating internal approval by launching wars on their neigh.... oh wait :ironicat:

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Whats making it collapse?

I wouldn't call it a collapse just yet. It certainly is nothing compared to the chaos after the dissolution of the USSR, which was an astounding fall from power and grace to decades of 3rd world country status. Despite much crowing from the west no banks have been falling and dissent is manageable, so far..

Rather it is that the current situation is unsustainable, and given another few years of western sanctions + falling of the oil and gas profits the Russian state relies on a collapse would come. So perhaps the discussion would be more about how Putin is going to have to react. He could try and wait it out, hoping for western resolve to falter or oil prices to surge back up. Or just give up and hand back crimea (not gonna happen). Or at worst double down on confrontation.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

every morning in iraq
-pack a dip
-open a wild tiger
-smoke 2 cigarettes while drinking said wild tiger
-greet the day with open arms and an open heart

same

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

amazon review for wild tiger:

quote:

Are you tired of weak sauce American energy drinks? Learn the mystical powers known previously only to combat troops in Iraq! Red Bull? For Europeans and 40 year olds who still spike their hair! Rip-It's? Fail!! Monster? Maybe if I was 12!! Wild Tiger is the combat proven liquid energy grenade that allows soldiers to see sounds (!!) Stay awake for 3 days (without the inconvenience of blinking!!!) smell explosives (and beat them into submission!). Tastes like you're drinking acid, but once the pain fades you will know the power of a GOD. Beware the can does warn "Pregnants and persons sensitive to caffeine" to keep their weakness away, lest they be destroyed in the transformation process. Alpha enough for a wolf shirt? Step into the next dimension with Le Tigre!!

i really want to try some but it's currently unavailable :(

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Civilian question time: Is Rip-It the same thing as Ripped Fuel which Person relied on for energy in Generation Kill, only to run out toward the end of the push to Baghdad?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Equine Don posted:

He needed total activation.

Hell yeah. Energy drink with nicotine.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

Civilian question time: Is Rip-It the same thing as Ripped Fuel which Person relied on for energy in Generation Kill, only to run out toward the end of the push to Baghdad?

No. The original ripped fuel had ephedra in it, and is no longer sold. Rip it is closer to other energy drinks.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I've never seen rip-its outside if the military. Is it a fine Skilcraft product?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

holocaust bloopers posted:

I've never seen rip-its outside if the military. Is it a fine Skilcraft product?

The mexican shops here have them.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Huh. The only energy drink I consumed was lovely Class 6 coffee.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Rip It is made by the same company that brought you Faygo. Take that how you will.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

dubzee posted:

i really want to try some but it's currently unavailable :(

we used to buy cases of it from the locals, poo poo is incredible and I would get so much more done with my day if my heart was beating like a hummingbird from consuming it constantly

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21633813-it-closer-crisis-west-or-vladimir-putin-realise-wounded-economy

http://www.economist.com/blogs/freeexchange/2014/12/russias-foreign-exchange-reserves

There's more there if that's not enough. They do a pretty good summary.

http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21636073-senate-report-cia-torture-sparks-fury-shining-light-past

"Mr Obama, meanwhile, has refrained from criticising the agency harshly. He has been in charge of it for six years. It and America’s other intelligence agencies no longer torture people. Instead of capturing suspected terrorists, Mr Obama prefers to have them blown to pieces by drone-fired missiles."

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

They were in dollar stores here a couple of years ago, not sure if they still are.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

There was a Korean deli in Arlington, VA that sold 16 oz. Rip its. And the other day when I was crossing the street, I saw a flattened Rip It can. All that was missing was the omnipresent smell of poo poo and JP8 fumes and it woul've felt like home.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

quote:

An Iraq war veteran suspected in a shooting rampage that left six of his estranged family members dead remained at large late Monday as the manhunt continued north of Philadelphia.

The victims included his ex-wife, her mother, her grandmother, her sister, her brother-in-law and a niece. A nephew was wounded.

Former Marine Sgt. Bradley William Stone, 35, also may have abducted his two daughters from his ex-wife’s home, a witness said, but dropped them off with a neighbor before he vanished. By late Monday night, the manhunt had spilled from Montgomery County into Bucks County, leading residents in Doylestown to shelter indoors.
http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-montogomery-county-shooting-20141215-story.html#page=1

:smith:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

dollartree got the hookup on ripits bruh

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

So I missed this back in November...

Apparently the guys behind Cards Against Humanity decided to prove that people will buy anything. So they sold boxes of bull poo poo.

30,000 boxes of poo poo.

At $6 dollars a box.

$180, 000.

Why mention it now? Because people started receiving them. Only to learn that yes, in fact, they paid $6 for a box of cow excrement.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
So the Pakistani Taliban unleashed half a dozen Lanzabots on a military run school in Peshawar, dozens of kids dead or wounded, shooters still active.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30491435

e- up to 100 dead, 80 of which are kids, Jesus Christ

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Dec 16, 2014

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
loving gently caress :(

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Wish we could see the internal ISI response and what they tell Paki military and civilian officals. Maybe they'll stop being dickheads and Pakistan can get it together to start eliminating these assholes (requires ISI not be terrible human beings, won't happen)

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
lol you think Pakistan cares about kids thats funny

e- up to 126 dead over 100 wounded and the gunfight is still on :smith: or might be, conflicting reports on whether or not the gunmen blew themselves up or not

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Dec 16, 2014

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The one trend I noticed among the Afghan Taliban in Ghazni is that they loved murdering kids and school teachers. I guess their Pakistani franchise is into it, too.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
In non-tragedy news, the Ruble has hit 80 per dollar and ain't stopping. Looks like sovereign default's back on the menu boys :unsmigghh:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's going to be like all those films from the early nineties where 20 and 100 dollar bills USD are treated like gold. :allears:

Oh and by the way, I have a great deal on Zimbabwe currency and Saddam dinars if anybody is interested. No risk, big earnings guaranteed!

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

It's going to be like all those films from the early nineties where 20 and 100 dollar bills USD are treated like gold. :allears:

Oh and by the way, I have a great deal on Zimbabwe currency and Saddam dinars if anybody is interested. No risk, big earnings guaranteed!

My gf is a pretty smart girl, getting a PHD in some type of analytical chemistry, anyway shes got an uncle whose been investing into the whole Iraqi Dinars thing since like....OIF. Uncle has gotten her mom to part with a few thousand, and hes trying to sell her on an investment now.
:eng99:

Thats my story thanks

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Your uncle is an rear end in a top hat.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

DIdn't people demand to be paid in Vodka at that time?

Or did I dream that?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Genocide Tendency posted:

DIdn't people demand to be paid in Vodka at that time?

Or did I dream that?

They didn't demand that, that's what all they had to pay people with in some fields.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

VikingSkull posted:

So the Pakistani Taliban unleashed half a dozen Lanzabots on a military run school in Peshawar, dozens of kids dead or wounded, shooters still active.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30491435

e- up to 100 dead, 80 of which are kids, Jesus Christ

130+ now.

In any other country I'd say that the deaths of over 100 kids and teachers would prompt a serious assessment of policy and a reigning in of the ISI. But that presupposes that the ISI is run by humans and that Pakistan's government has the ability at all to call them to account, so...

Poor kids. :smith:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I have a solution to this.

Erase all traces of land south of 40N from Laos to Israel.

Feeliums
Oct 23, 2008

I served with this guy. He went home a month into the deployment after a nervous breakdown. The reason for it was the most Marine Corps thing ever, too. Apparently his wife at the time let a few dudes gang bang her in a van parked in a bar's parking lot. Buddies tell me that he never left the wire for his second deployment. All in all he was a total poo poo bag and no one that knew him is really surprised.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
The military has stepped up pressure in North Waziristan and has been coordinating a bit more with the US and Afghanistan if anyone can believe that. So the networks are probably lashing out at the military.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
Jeb Bush just announced his potential candidacy.

And the internet explodes in 3...2...1...

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

Jonad posted:

In non-tragedy news, the Ruble has hit 80 per dollar and ain't stopping. Looks like sovereign default's back on the menu boys :unsmigghh:

Surely, this will not somehow end up affecting the western economies in any way.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ActusRhesus posted:

"Well I couldn't think of anything better to do..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

ActusRhesus posted:

I hate his brother like poison, but I don't have any feelings one way or another about Jeb. He doesn't seem like a guy that you elect to office, he seems more like someone that gets appointed to stuff and quoted on CNN a lot.

Although come to think of it being elected governor of Florida seems like it should disqualify you from holding higher office.

Courthouse posted:

Surely, this will not somehow end up affecting the western economies in any way.

If they take a complete poo poo then Germany will be hurting and it might push the Eurozone back into recession, but the US economy is kicking rear end and taking names so...

Zeroisanumber fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Dec 16, 2014

• Locked thread