Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

AsInHowe posted:

My sources aren't boosters, I'll put it that way.

Name them.

All of us here who have "inside access" have been willing to do so and until you do so, everything you say is basically suspect because its all just a rehash of poo poo being splattered on the internet by other people. (Including the bit on Drunky Moehler)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Why do we even humor this delusional person? He needs help or at least needs to be silenced.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

hahaha

e: even better http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=743789

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Dec 16, 2014

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
Thread should be re-titled: AsInHowe vs The World

e: Hahahhaa Groucho Marxist. He was only getting taken off life support if the Wings didn't retain Babcock and missed the playoffs.

Dattserberg fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Dec 16, 2014

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Amazing.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Name them.

All of us here who have "inside access" have been willing to do so and until you do so, everything you say is basically suspect.

Former players that either played with Jim, or played for Jim's dad. People within the athletic department. Recent alums of the football program who are now in the NFL. High-level boosters, and their business associates.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Seriously we're talking about the person who decided to show up to an ESPN Gameday show with a sign that read "HI LIZZIE SEEBERG" as a joke and then tried to play it off as if he were trying to raise awareness of Notre Dame's horrific rape cover ups. AsInHowe is at the very least a hosed up piece of poo poo and probably has a serious mental disorder that he clearly is not getting help with.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Punch Card posted:

Seriously we're talking about the person who decided to show up to an ESPN Gameday show with a sign that read "HI LIZZIE SEEBERG" as a joke and then tried to play it off as if he were trying to raise awareness of Notre Dame's horrific rape cover ups. AsInHowe is at the very least a hosed up piece of poo poo and probably has a serious mental disorder that he clearly is not getting help with.

I hope if Jim Harbaugh is hired, that he's wearing a "HI LIZZIE SEEBERG" sweatshirt.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Punch Card posted:

haha poo poo I forgot this is the same guy. way to plaster a rape victims name all over gameday for your sick burn that totally doesn't make you look like a weird rear end in a top hat at all

also http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=743789 lmao

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
At some point it stops being funny laughing at a trainwreck. This guy seriously needs real help and I'm not sure how to facilitate that.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Not to get off track, but Gordie Howe is the most resilient person. Doesn't mean that the Red Wings and NHL still aren't preparing for the day he passes away though.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Punch Card posted:

At some point it stops being funny laughing at a trainwreck. This guy seriously needs real help and I'm not sure how to facilitate that.

Do it in some other thread. This is not the "dogpile AsInHowe" thread.

I'll reopen it after lunch.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Or I'll just tell AsInHowe to quit being an irritating goober and smugly talking about his "sources" for poo poo that has been posted all over twitter and everywhere else.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

AsInHowe posted:

Doesn't mean that the Red Wings and NHL still aren't preparing for the day he passes away though.

So like how the government is preparing for the day(s) that Presidents Carter, Bush, etc. pass away then

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Real Name Grover posted:

So like how the government is preparing for the day(s) that Presidents Carter, Bush, etc. pass away then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2ZKpq5QfDE

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Real Name Grover posted:

Well, everyone thought Gordie was about to pass away since Halloween, and he's somehow managed to persevere for weeks now. Everyone is ready to go with tributes, funeral arrangements and visitations, memorial patches, etc., but Gordie is tougher than virtually anyone else. But that's completely off-topic.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

wheez the roux posted:

The worst part is that if Harbaugh does turn out to be the coach he's going to take it as some sort of validation.

That's why he should be banned if Harbaugh is named coach not the other way around.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If people would spend more time posting about the actual coaching search and less about AsInHowe being an irriating jackass he will have way fewer opportunities to be an irriatating jackass.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

If people would spend more time posting about the actual coaching search and less about AsInHowe being an irriating jackass he will have way fewer opportunities to be an irriatating jackass.

What is there really to post atm though? I don't mean that as jack-rear end as it might sound, but the truth is that Michigan seems to have done a fairly good job of keeping their search well contained -- internet rumors about JH not withstanding.

I don't think its completely unthinkable he won't be their coach, though I'd venture a guess its unlikely. The 9'ers have a good deal of leverage on it and I can't imagine they'd be in any (real) hurry to make a move this week or, frankly next. Harbaugh obviously could agree to make the situation easier by resigning and negotiate a settlement with them on that front, but again he might want to wait until he can see what the NFL offers from the Jets, Raiders and presumably the Bears are going to look like (since none of them can contact him until the 9'ers season is actually over in two weeks) before making a decision. If you're Michigan that seems like an awfully big gamble to take unless you know your #2 candidate is going to still be available if Harbaugh should decide to take the zillion dollars that are going to be thrown at him. There's also a very real possibility that York might decide just to keep him another year and see what happens (is your pool of candidates really any better next year?).

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Pretty much everyone agrees that he's not going back to the Niners. The question is whether he'll wind up at Michigan or another NFL team.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

Pretty much everyone agrees that he's not going back to the Niners. The question is whether he'll wind up at Michigan or another NFL team.

I shouldn't have said a very real (wasn't what I meant) -- a possibility -- would have been sufficient.

But yeah, I would imagine that if he's interested in going to another NFL team, this is going to have to wait till at least the end of the NFL season (sidebar: that's the dumbest loving rule.) If he really does want to be at Michigan, there's no real reason that can't happen fairly quickly outside of negotiating the terms of his exit from SF.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

I just hope he doesn't go to the loving Raiders. Bears, fine. Jets, fine. Dolphins, well, what the hell Ross? but fine.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I shouldn't have said a very real (wasn't what I meant) -- a possibility -- would have been sufficient.

But yeah, I would imagine that if he's interested in going to another NFL team, this is going to have to wait till at least the end of the NFL season (sidebar: that's the dumbest loving rule.) If he really does want to be at Michigan, there's no real reason that can't happen fairly quickly outside of negotiating the terms of his exit from SF.

The big problem with every NFL scenario is that contract with the 49ers. It sounds like the Baalke-Harbaugh relationship is terrible, and Harbaugh doesn't want to do anything that would practically aid the 49ers in his exit. The only team that doesn't have some sort of baggage with Harbaugh or the 49ers is the Jets, and that job is a garbage pit.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

AsInHowe posted:

The big problem with every NFL scenario is that contract with the 49ers. It sounds like the Baalke-Harbaugh relationship is terrible, and Harbaugh doesn't want to do anything that would practically aid the 49ers in his exit. The only team that doesn't have some sort of baggage with Harbaugh or the 49ers is the Jets, and that job is a garbage pit.

Then it still comes down to him basically having to resign and void his contract, which means he's going to have to pay them -- which still basically helps them. The 9'ers have the leverage and there's no real reason for them to give that up.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

AsInHowe posted:

and yet an NFL garbage pit is still a tremendously better job than a B1G garbage pit

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

wheez the roux posted:

and yet an NFL garbage pit is still leagues better than a B1G garbage pit

I wasn't going to tell him that, but yes. The Jets aren't exactly that far off from being able to compete in their division.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

wheez the roux posted:

and yet an NFL garbage pit is still a tremendously better job than a B1G garbage pit

Not necessarily. A college team can be turned around, for better or worse, very quickly, when compared to an NFL team that has ownership and management that could be there forever. Some teams like Washington and Cleveland might never recover until there's a change at the top. The Jets aren't that bad, but they are down there.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
In the NFL you make more money and don't spend half your time trying to make high school kids think you're cool.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

AsInHowe posted:

Not necessarily. A college team can be turned around, for better or worse, very quickly, when compared to an NFL team that has ownership and management that could be there forever. Some teams like Washington and Cleveland might never recover until there's a change at the top. The Jets aren't that bad, but they are down there.

That seems to be what Harbaugh is struggling with. The NFL is more prestige and money, but coping with the egos in the front office with his own massive ego may not be worth it.

At Michigan, he would have full control of everything and little interference from the AD. That's worth a lot to him.

But drat, if he sticks with the NFL in the end, whoever ends up with the Michigan job is going to have a rough time of it. He will never be forgiven for being NotHarbaugh.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Deteriorata posted:

That seems to be what Harbaugh is struggling with. The NFL is more prestige and money, but coping with the egos in the front office with his own massive ego may not be worth it.

At Michigan, he would have full control of everything and little interference from the AD. That's worth a lot to him.

But drat, if he sticks with the NFL in the end, whoever ends up with the Michigan job is going to have a rough time of it. He will never be forgiven for being NotHarbaugh.

Not only that but I honestly think if he takes the Michigan job, he'll bounce as soon as he can back to an NFL job that might be better than the ones open this year.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Not for nothing but has Michigan finally named a full time AD? Seems like that should be the first domino to fall.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

DJExile posted:

Not for nothing but has Michigan finally named a full time AD? Seems like that should be the first domino to fall.

Again I think this is really important. If they really are going to let Harbaugh pick his own boss, they're making a massive mistake. For one, you're basically telling him he can't be fired and for two, you're basically telling the rest of the Michigan coaches they're not nearly important enough to mater -- which may or may not be a big deal for you, but I am sure someone like John Beilein is watching closely.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

DJExile posted:

Domino... that gives me an idea for a man who would be perfect for the job

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I love how pissed people are getting at ArtisHowe.

This is amazing.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Regnevelc posted:

I love how pissed people are getting at ArtisHowe.

This is amazing.

I am not pissed, I just think its comical.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
I'm worried.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

DJExile posted:

It will be some old Michigan guy that's friends with the Harbaugh family, from the looks of it. Bates, Manuel, or Hackett stays on full-time.

Deteriorata posted:

At Michigan, Harbaugh's already been promised full control of everything, more money than anywhere else, and pretty much anything else he'd want. The NFL would be more of an ego-stroke in some ways, less in other ways. The big question is whether or not Harbaugh can remove himself from the prestige of the NFL for his own kingdom on the college level.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Punch Card posted:

I'm worried.

Because somebody has gone full rivals/homer on a moderated, college sports wide message board?

Feces Starship
Nov 11, 2008

in the great green room
goodnight moon
There's a huge divide in the reports between the NFL people and the Michigan people. I do not doubt that the NFL reporters and the Michigan reporters are leveraging sources that they trust and that have been right in the past. The observable evidence points this way too, because Michigan would be totally insane not to have moved on if they'd been told that Harbaugh will stay in the NFL for certain. But a source can only convey what he or she knows or is told, and nobody is - or CAN be - inside Jim Harbaugh's head.

So here's the only thing, from my perspective, that makes sense: I don't think Jim Harbaugh knows what he wants to do. I don't think that he wants to give Michigan the impression he's staying - if he does, Michigan will promptly hire the second-place candidate because time is ticking. I also don't think that he wants to give the NFL the impression he's wavering, though, because he needs to be traded to coach next year and he can't afford to tank his own trade value if he ultimately decides to stay in the NFL.

I infer two things from this. One is a inference I'm confident in, one is an inference I'm not.

Confidence first: I think Harbaugh is being strategic in "playing" both sides. I don't like that word because it implies malice or disrespect, but all I mean is that he's told people who he knows will talk to NFL people that he's staying and he's told people who he knows will talk to Michigan people that he's going. My guess is that he's done this to buy time to make a very important choice because it'd be a hard choice to make, I think.

Now the other inference. My autistic, flawed understanding of human behavior has led me to note a trend that seems to pop up for people who are choosing between two options. Suppose option A is the option that most people agree will be better or stronger. Now suppose option B is the option that has special importance to the chooser. Most people facing this type of decision, I've found, tend to choose option A. So I think this will all end in Harbaugh choosing to stay in the NFL. And while that personally sucks for me, he's gotta do what makes him happy. It's just entertainment for me. It's his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Feces Starship posted:

There's a huge divide in the reports between the NFL people and the Michigan people. I do not doubt that the NFL reporters and the Michigan reporters are leveraging sources that they trust and that have been right in the past. The observable evidence points this way too, because Michigan would be totally insane not to have moved on if they'd been told that Harbaugh will stay in the NFL for certain. But a source can only convey what he or she knows or is told, and nobody is - or CAN be - inside Jim Harbaugh's head.

So here's the only thing, from my perspective, that makes sense: I don't think Jim Harbaugh knows what he wants to do. I don't think that he wants to give Michigan the impression he's staying - if he does, Michigan will promptly hire the second-place candidate because time is ticking. I also don't think that he wants to give the NFL the impression he's wavering, though, because he needs to be traded to coach next year and he can't afford to tank his own trade value if he ultimately decides to stay in the NFL.

I infer two things from this. One is a inference I'm confident in, one is an inference I'm not.

Confidence first: I think Harbaugh is being strategic in "playing" both sides. I don't like that word because it implies malice or disrespect, but all I mean is that he's told people who he knows will talk to NFL people that he's staying and he's told people who he knows will talk to Michigan people that he's going. My guess is that he's done this to buy time to make a very important choice because it'd be a hard choice to make, I think.

Now the other inference. My autistic, flawed understanding of human behavior has led me to note a trend that seems to pop up for people who are choosing between two options. Suppose option A is the option that most people agree will be better or stronger. Now suppose option B is the option that has special importance to the chooser. Most people facing this type of decision, I've found, tend to choose option A. So I think this will all end in Harbaugh choosing to stay in the NFL. And while that personally sucks for me, he's gotta do what makes him happy. It's just entertainment for me. It's his life.

The only flaw in the mechanics is that he doesn't necessarily need to be traded to coach. He can come to Michigan immediately, or, if reports are accurate, San Francisco will cut their losses and get rid of him without a trade because they need a coach in 2015.

In the larger picture, I think Harbaugh knows what he wants to do. I think he's known for a while, and it's all a matter of clocks expiring. I don't think the NFL people are credible sources, in all honesty. I think most of the mainstream media stuff has been hyped up, and I think Harbaugh wants to come to Michigan, put things back in order, then hand the program off once a quality NFL job opens up. Harbaugh wants to win, and he wants to win now. It will be easier in Ann Arbor than in New York, Oakland, or Chicago. And if you're gonna take time off from the NFL to wait for a better option down the line, why not go somewhere where that gap year would make you beloved for life?

• Locked thread