Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Already sold out. :)

IT HADN'T EVEN BEEN 10 MINUTES. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

univbee posted:

:siren: Canadian PS4 20th Anniversary Editions are up go go go :siren:

http://t.co/whDCmL0X1o

The special editions were already gone when I clicked the link, but I wonder why is TLoU bundle the same price as TLoU + GTAV bundle, it seems like a pricing error.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oblomov posted:

I don't quite get why doesn't Sony produce say 500K of these at $499. I am fairly certain they would sell them fairly easily across the world and many people would buy a 2nd set just because. It's like Nintendo with their GameCube adapter.
It being an edition that is limited is kind of the point.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

homeless snail posted:

It being an edition that is limited is kind of the point.

A run limited to 500k would also be limited.

Their insistence to limit it to the same run as the initial PSX production is some nostalgic bs that really only sets up disappointmrnt for loads of their fans and brings a huge payday to scalpers, imo. :shrug:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

All things are limited edition, due to the impermanence of material objects as pointed out by the Buddha.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

homeless snail posted:

All things are limited edition, due to the impermanence of material objects as pointed out by the Buddha.

Great, now every game costs 10% more.

Great job, Buddha, you idiot.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Soul Glo posted:

A run limited to 500k would also be limited.

Their insistence to limit it to the same run as the initial PSX production is some nostalgic bs that really only sets up disappointmrnt for loads of their fans and brings a huge payday to scalpers, imo. :shrug:

Indeed, plus it would bring a "tidy profit" to Sony and raise visibility, especially in US when MS is doing very well.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

I said come in! posted:

Already sold out. :)

IT HADN'T EVEN BEEN 10 MINUTES. :lol:

I didn't want to buy one, but I checked the website and it was sold out 2 minutes after he posted.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I had notifications set up for @PlaystationCA tweets and I managed to snag one. Now what do I do with it :(

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

EngineerJoe posted:

I had notifications set up for @PlaystationCA tweets and I managed to snag one. Now what do I do with it :(

my personal recommendation is that you play video games on it.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

EngineerJoe posted:

My guess is you can ride this hype wave and sell it for quick bucks or hold on to it and hope they don't produce 1 million more units.

^^ Or that. But given that you were asking, I assume you already have a PS4.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

EngineerJoe posted:

Stroke the textured plastic shell as you whisper sweet nothings into its HDMI port about how much you loved Tomb Raider on PS1

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

EngineerJoe posted:

Mod it into the world's coolest toaster.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

post a monetised youtube video of the unboxing with it ending with you taking a sledgehammer to it unexpectedly. the ad revenue from 10 million angry nerds will more than cover the cost of the console.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

So I hit platinum on Shadow of Mordor the other day. Only other game I did that with was Red Dead Redemption. :feelsgood:

Any word on when the DLC for it is dropping?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The hunter DLC comes today, actually.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/16/new-grand-theft-auto-online-heists-trailer/

Heists Trailer

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

The Big Taff Man posted:

Weird I played this last night too. Lets get a game on!

If I'm free tonight I'll throw an invite over to ya. Don't mock my inability to game though please :smith:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

:woop:

There's an aircraft carrier!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

EngineerJoe posted:

Put it in a closet and forget about it for twenty years and then make $100 when you sell it in 2035 to the guys in the retro games thread.

I'm fine if I never get one of those, but I would like a gray controller.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuucccccccckk yes.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

EngineerJoe posted:

Send me the controller. Play games on the console.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

well I think its time to finally grab the PS4 version of this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GTA Online on PS4 pays for itself with just the 30 player increase. 30 player races are pretty crazy.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Rad Valtar posted:

well I think its time to finally grab the PS4 version of this.

Wait until it actually comes out

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Fateo McMurray posted:

You're not my dad.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
People are posting about/complaining about input lag in next gen GTAV. I played it but didn't notice. I will boot it up and take a look in a few... Now I'm curious.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Rad Valtar posted:

You're not my dad.

I haven't played a game with you in a long time so I'M JUST LIKE YOUR DAD BURN

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Fateo McMurray posted:

"We at Rockstar would like to apologize. We were hoping we would have heists ready for the heists update at launch, unfortunately though it is going to take some time to get them up to our rigorous standards. At this time the heists update will be launching as normal, and heists will be added at a later date. Stay tuned!"

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I wonder how many of the Canadian ones were actually purchased by Canadians?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

I wonder how many of the Canadian ones were actually purchased by Canadians?

Does the Sony Store even ship internationally? (The US one didn't)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

univbee posted:

Does the Sony Store even ship internationally? (The US one didn't)
I figured it would not be too hard for Americans to buy from Canada compared to other international situations, but I dunno.

edit: I was mostly going off of how many more Americans there are than Canadians, and because Americans are famous for wanting everything in the world all the time.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Dec 16, 2014

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

You and 29 other players can co-ordinate to heist a handbag from an old lady. This plan involves the use of an aircraft carrier.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

That loving Sned posted:

You and 29 other players can co-ordinate to heist a handbag from an old lady. This plan involves the use of an aircraft carrier.

I would legitimately play this and enjoy it.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Pleads posted:

I would legitimately play this and enjoy it.

This would basically turn GTA Online into a Supervillain Simulator, and I could not wait to play that.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Objective: steal Johnny Blake's report card so his parents think he's hiding it and he gets in trouble and cries.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Stux posted:

lmao audiophile hifi bullshit? you can get a pair of headphones better than any gaming headset, a splitter and a little microphone for less than any "gaming headsets" and it will sound about 50x better. audiophile nonsense is paying extra for snake oil and bullshit and that handily describes the gaming headset market.

im not suggesting anyone use a sm58 for gaming, I was just answering a question which was being asked. I do suggest people look outside the gaming peripheral market and get something better for less money and stop getting ripped off for headsets with the fidelity of a $15 pair of headphones.

I asked you to name one and you refused. Not really sure what you expect from people who give a tenth of a poo poo as much as you do, if you don't even know of a model that fits your criteria.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

second-hand smegma posted:

My friend had this issue with his Pulse Elite for a while. The way he fixed it was to stop wearing the headset backwards. :mmmhmm:

This was me :saddowns:

To be fair, there isn't any labeling on the headset itself as to which side the built-in mic is on. The way I remember it is that all the controls are on the left earcup, which is where the mic is.

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Dec 16, 2014

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

That loving Sned posted:

If Saints Row had online heists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ColdPie posted:

I asked you to name one and you refused. Not really sure what you expect from people who give a tenth of a poo poo as much as you do, if you don't even know of a model that fits your criteria.

you asked me to name a wireless set (trash) with a microphone attached to it (impossible)

• Locked thread