Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Waroduce posted:

What the gently caress

On my first ship the third was dropped off in India after being found at the bottom of a ladder complaining of back pain. The Indian doctors couldn't find anything wrong with him (we figured he had faked the injury as he was about to be fired) and he was sitting up in bed talking to the agent when he had a heart attack and died.

http://www.economist.com/news/middle-east-and-africa/21636108-westerners-region-are-increasingly-being-targeted-crosshairs

Summary of the recent IS attacks, the Australian one fits in with this pattern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Courthouse posted:

Surely, this will not somehow end up affecting the western economies in any way.
Anything to help the Russians die out faster.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

ActusRhesus posted:

I suspect their ancestral roots as a penal colony has something to do with their kid gloves approach to violent criminals. There but for the grace of god goes great grandpa or some poo poo.

Probably get more for robbery though. Priorities.
Also, all cops in Australia are armed, (it's not like the UK), so maybe the death penalty.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I feel like Economic warfare, while punishing to Putin is not the kind of thing that will get him to play nice, besides hurting the already pacifistic and non-cooperative Germans.

Nobody knows what he might do if he thinks he's backed into a corner.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
What kind of options does he have?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Richard Bong posted:

What kind of options does he have?

Nuclear Fire.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Frosted Flake posted:

I feel like Economic warfare, while punishing to Putin is not the kind of thing that will get him to play nice, besides hurting the already pacifistic and non-cooperative Germans.

Thank you forums poster Frosted Flakes.

The US government and NATO should heed your warnings instead of the thousands of professionals in their employ.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Flikken posted:

Nuclear Fire.

Insha'allah.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kazinsal posted:

Insha'allah.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Flikken posted:

Nuclear Fire.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Frosted Flake posted:

http://www.economist.com/news/europe/21636047-president-remains-popular-his-ukrainian-adventure-could-change-faster-many

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/16/world/meast/yemen-violence/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

AQAP set off a couple car bombs killing around 31 people, 20 of them children. They were probably pretty stoked on themselves then the Pakiban went and stole all their child murder thunder. Reportedly the bomb was meant for other militants and not kids, but gently caress AQAP and gently caress Yemen

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Yea Wednesday is plant a bomb in a market/school day. Christ fuckers cant tell time.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

The reporting on that Pakistan attack was odd. A lot of the initial headlines were saying "Taliban attacks military school, scores dead", which sounded like they had killed a bunch of officers in training or something.

Of course, it's actually a school for children run by the military. Christ, you would think editors would try to make that clear.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The reporting on that Pakistan attack was odd. A lot of the initial headlines were saying "Taliban attacks military school, scores dead", which sounded like they had killed a bunch of officers in training or something.

Of course, it's actually a school for children run by the military. Christ, you would think editors would try to make that clear.

You're adorable. :allears:

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Sounds like it's the giving season.

MERRY BUFFMAS! HAPPY NUKE YEAR!

bij
Feb 24, 2007

What's the average kill count on a drone strike? Definitely less than 130+ and hellfires aren't free so thanks for the future cost savings, Pakistan.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

this owns

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

That looks like an uncut dick with the head sticking out.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Potential BFF posted:

What's the average kill count on a drone strike? Definitely less than 130+ and hellfires aren't free so thanks for the future cost savings, Pakistan.

Average is like, 6? For at least 100k for the hellfire. Not a very good cost ratio.

Unless it's a wedding, then it's like 80.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Also remember that it doesn't count as two kills if you blow up the guy again at his funeral.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Also remember that it doesn't count as two kills if you blow up the guy again at his funeral.

Well that is some bullshit.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Vasudus posted:

Average is like, 6? For at least 100k for the hellfire. Not a very good cost ratio.

You'd have a high initial cost, but I've long said orbital bombardment via dropping a rock from space would be the most cost-effective method in the long run.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Was just about to type "I can't be the only one who thinks that looks like a dick."

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
It's the only time the air force will allow stuff to be put on planes, so somebody made it a dick.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS and others posted:

You say that like it's a bad thing.

It's at Denver's Wings Over The Rockies Air & Space museum, lit from dusk until 9 PM through the holidays.

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women
A Pakistani officer in one of my co-workers classes spent 15 minutes today attempting to explain how it was really India behind the school attacks.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vasudus posted:

How many weddings is the US supposed to have it? I recall one in Afghanistan and one ot two in Pakistan or is it because some of the only times people pop up is on the way to some sort of gathering or wedding. I mean I know it's mostly used in joking terms, just wondering how often it happened.

Happydayz
Jan 6, 2001

maffew buildings posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/16/world/meast/yemen-violence/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

AQAP set off a couple car bombs killing around 31 people, 20 of them children. They were probably pretty stoked on themselves then the Pakiban went and stole all their child murder thunder. Reportedly the bomb was meant for other militants and not kids, but gently caress AQAP and gently caress Yemen

well thats a seriously bleak way to look at it.

quote:

A Pakistani officer in one of my co-workers classes spent 15 minutes today attempting to explain how it was really India behind the school attacks.

Actual true believer or just trying to set aside the shame? or maybe he actually believes his own bullshit by now

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013
Ruble lost as much as 19% of it's value during the day.

Apple has shut down sales in rubels, while it "reviews pricing". Ford is writing down it's Russian assets, McD is raising prices noticeably.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-16/apple-stops-online-sales-in-russia-over-ruble-fluctuations.html

If Putin doesn't pull something out of his hat soon this could all crater real fast. And as much as we might crow about it, that will gently caress several countries in eastern europe and possibly drag the EU back into economic turmoil as they have to be saved. With all the political and social upheaval that brings along.

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women

Happydayz posted:

Actual true believer or just trying to set aside the shame? or maybe he actually believes his own bullshit by now

Probably both. I'll always take the over on him & previous students being ISI.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

gfanikf posted:

How many weddings is the US supposed to have it? I recall one in Afghanistan and one ot two in Pakistan or is it because some of the only times people pop up is on the way to some sort of gathering or wedding. I mean I know it's mostly used in joking terms, just wondering how often it happened.

its just a meme meanwhile they hit a crowded market twice a week

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Vasudus posted:

Sometimes it's zero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzU5eHlQETQ

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

You wanna make an omelette etc etc

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Courthouse posted:

Apple has shut down sales in rubels, while it "reviews pricing". Ford is writing down it's Russian assets, McD is raising prices noticeably.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-16/apple-stops-online-sales-in-russia-over-ruble-fluctuations.html

If Putin doesn't pull something out of his hat soon this could all crater real fast. And as much as we might crow about it, that will gently caress several countries in eastern europe and possibly drag the EU back into economic turmoil as they have to be saved. With all the political and social upheaval that brings along.

Yeah, I mean, I'm as 'stick it to the loving Russians' as any (reasonable) man, but I don't think anyone intended to totally bottom out their economy in a week.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

ActusRhesus posted:

Was just about to type "I can't be the only one who thinks that looks like a dick."

Mike-o posted:

It's the only time the air force will allow stuff to be put on planes, so somebody made it a dick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K_zoAX2MYU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

Owns.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Courthouse posted:

*citation needed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

what the gently caress is that from

• Locked thread