Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jordan7hm posted:

Haven't they already trashed it and restarted a couple times?

Probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Accordion Man posted:

You had to preorder New Order to get that.

No, just the first production run, which was huge and there are definitely still copies floating around. In fact, I think the Canadian bilingual packaging never got a production run without codes, based on what I see on shelves here.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

univbee posted:

No, just the first production run, which was huge and there are definitely still copies floating around. In fact, I think the Canadian bilingual packaging never got a production run without codes, based on what I see on shelves here.
Huh, didn't know that.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Thoughts on Doom RPG, all?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

net cafe scandal posted:

It's not as good as Doom imo.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I made a Doom D&D campaign once. Made the enemies from scratch and everything. My group loved it. I want to run it again actually.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

CKII has a new expansion out which allows for more "role-playing elements" for all you sister-tumbling rulers out there :getin:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Doom roguelike is sincerely the best Doom game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

precision posted:

The Doom roguelike is sincerely the best Doom game

It's good but you're really setting an excessively high bar there imo.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
hm yeah i'm thinking about gaming huh yeah what of it

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i really like ck 2 i need to focus on learning to play it

i keep going into the learner scenario and ducking out halfway through and i guess quick save / auto save doesn't do it when you are in the learning scenario so i always have to start over

i'm really good at telling my ruler he wants to get married

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i really like the new CK2 interface they introduced in the last patch

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Well, gently caress, time to fire up CK2 again.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

net cafe scandal posted:

you mean the free roguelike? because that game rules

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The zDoom mod that incorporates elements from DoomRL is kind of fun too.,

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=37044

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i hope a ck2 dlc bundle happens during the winter sale i would like to get the ones i'm missing, especially the music ones

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lmfao if you don't buy the heraldry DLC packs.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

i bought all the dlc a while back and have only been buying the major expansions, so now over christmas i need to sort out what exactly i need to buy

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Alain Post posted:

Lmfao if you don't buy the heraldry DLC packs.

please stop laughing so hard i don't even know what heraldry is outside of star ocean 2

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

hubris.height posted:

please stop laughing so hard i don't even know what heraldry is outside of star ocean 2

It makes the little banners in the interface historically accurate and prettier, which is extremely important.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

chaos rhames posted:

you mean the free roguelike? because that game rules

I refer to the turn-based mobile phone game of the mid 2000s, in which a dog can be used as a melee weapon. I had a pretty epic time playing that one.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

hubris.height posted:

i keep going into the learner scenario and ducking out halfway through and i guess quick save / auto save doesn't do it when you are in the learning scenario so i always have to start over

It's kind of out-of-date but: http://lparchive.org/Crusader-Kings-2/

It doesn't include changes made by DLC or any of the new mechanics, but it's a really solid introduction to the core concepts. Give it a whirl and you'll be banging relatives and dropping cows into Hell in no time.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Regardless of what DLCs you use starting in Ireland and trying to unify the kingdom is a good way to start.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

hubris.height posted:

Play in Ireland post Old Gods, its probably the most newb friendly region in the game.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
im playing battletower right now. im also playing the elder scrolls cell phone games.. suck my dick

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Alain Post posted:

Regardless of what DLCs you use starting in Ireland and trying to unify the kingdom is a good way to start.

Not since they made them tribal.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Not since they made them tribal.

I haven't played since like, a year ago, tbf.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

THE PENETRATOR posted:

im playing battletower right now. im also playing the elder scrolls cell phone games.. suck my dick

On a fuckin' N-Gage or rooted device?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I like tribal Poland 867 as Piast, you start off by forming Poland and then expand into the East while keeping the Magyars happy and raiding the feudal pagans in Pomerania to finance your feudal reformation.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

TheHoosier posted:

On a fuckin' N-Gage or rooted device?

in my heart, actually

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
my cousin had an n-gage w/o a calling plan. it was ownage.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

THE PENETRATOR posted:

in my heart, actually

don't mess with me like that, I thought someone had found a way to play those without touching the n-gage

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

THE PENETRATOR posted:

my cousin had an n-gage w/o a calling plan. it was ownage.

i had an ngage. when it broke i bought an ngage qd.

it owned

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

What do people here think of Heroes of the Storm as it stands right now?

Background, I really enjoyed League and probably still would if I didn't have a goddamn anxiety crisis every time I tried to play Summoner's Rift, mostly due to the caustic nature of the community, and buying the wrong item/wrong skill/etc (and me being a bit hosed in the head). Smite alleviates that somewhat with auto-buys/auto-levels but I've never been sure that the auto choices were very good so it still makes me worried

An item-free MOBA sounds good to me :shobon:

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Ciaphas posted:

What do people here think of Heroes of the Storm as it stands right now?

Background, I really enjoyed League and probably still would if I didn't have a goddamn anxiety crisis every time I tried to play Summoner's Rift, mostly due to the caustic nature of the community, and buying the wrong item/wrong skill/etc (and me being a bit hosed in the head). Smite alleviates that somewhat with auto-buys/auto-levels but I've never been sure that the auto choices were very good so it still makes me worried

An item-free MOBA sounds good to me :shobon:

I used to hop into LoL pretty regularly but now I only play HOTS. It's pretty much the perfect solution to all of the problems I have with MOBAs, the only downside (as people will tell you endlessly) is that gold comes a bit slowly and it's not free to use every single hero like it is in Dota. It ultimately doesn't matter as you can get a decent selection of heroes pretty quickly and the free hero rotation gives you the chance to try out every hero within a few weeks. Also, if you really need more heroes you can spend a bit of cash on the game, which is apparently a very controversial opinion.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
yeh you know, i also had a problem where the team with the better players would win most of the time, because they had a large xp and gold advantage from getting enough early kills and farm due to my poor play to make it count in endgame. and i'm glad hots removes that.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
haha i just figured out why i've been confused by people referencing "HotS" so often lately and it's because theyre not actually talking about Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm

nice job giving two flagship titles the same abbreviation, blizzard

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Real talk though 80 Days on mobile is like my GOTY aside from Inquisition

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

How is the HotS community? I really enjoyed Dota 2 on a strictly gameplay level but I've never seen a community that toxic in a multiplayer videogame before, and I have fairly thick skin. None of my friends play MOBAs otherwise I would just play with them. I played it for quite a while until I started noticing I got increasingly irritated over a dumb videogame I play for my supposed enjoyment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
the hots community flips out at people glitching and exploiting in an alpha/beta and putting videos of it on blizzard's forum so that they know the issues in the game they are developing

• Locked thread