Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So I thought the R-Gyagya's shield gimmick was just going to be like saws attached to the extensions but looking at the release kit the things have boosters on them so basically they are chakrams. Also she can pass one her beam swords through the shield to give it a big central spike AND her wing things in the back are gatlings.

Why must the good gunpla die young and leave us with dumb poo poo like Build Burning, Lightning, and SD Parts For Previous Two? Come back to us R-Gyagya and Powered GM Cardigan :(.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Build Burning and Lightning are great designs, what are you talking about?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Winning is also rad as hell and the only disappointing thing about it is how so far all it's really done is blow up and/or dispense parts to its partners.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kanos posted:

Winning is also rad as hell and the only disappointing thing about it is how so far all it's really done is blow up and/or dispense parts to its partners.

Well, it did take a mobile suit with just its core fighter. That's something.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wonder what machine Nils will pilot when we see him next ep.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Either the Murasao or that other one before it (Susawoo I don't know).

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

I wonder what machine Nils will pilot when we see him next ep.

The most weeaboo Zaku you could ever imagine.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Ka0 posted:

Either the Murasao or that other one before it (Susawoo I don't know).

The Masurao was the first of the weeaboo Flags. The Susanoo was its upgrade.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Whatever it is, I'm hoping it uses a full-size Gerbera Straight.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Hopefully its just an even more ridiculous Red Frame.

Like 6 arms and the 150m Sword.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

His otaku spirit tamed by married life in Japan, he looks to his roots and uses a Gundam Maxter upgraded with the latest in plavsky technology.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I like the use of returning characters and I also like the use of time skips for alot of character changes. I hope they all upgrade their suits soon, all 3 are alittle "meh". I know build burning is only gonna get a new backpack.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

everythingWasBees posted:

His otaku spirit tamed by married life in Japan, he looks to his roots and uses a Gundam Maxter upgraded with the latest in plavsky technology.

Alternatively, if his otaku spirit is gone he can embrace his inner 14 year old and go some batshit crazy Deathscythe.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

I like the use of returning characters and I also like the use of time skips for alot of character changes. I hope they all upgrade their suits soon, all 3 are alittle "meh". I know build burning is only gonna get a new backpack.

Sadly, they aren't. If they were going to upgrade, we would have seen the toys already.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Sadly, they aren't. If they were going to upgrade, we would have seen the toys already.

They could still upgrade, it may just be uncommonly late. We didn't see certain late-series toys (Crossbone X Maoh) until later on.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Well I mean they're not going to upgrade soon.

And even the Crossbone and Fenice Rinascita got announced much earlier than they showed up.

EDIT:V Crossbone Maoh was announced almost right after SBS actually, and we even got a prototype of it out before the GX Maoh even bit it. A lot of people were speculating as to who the hell the pilot was. Meanwhile Rinascita was a New MS silouhette for quite a while IIRC. Gouf R35 did totally come out of nowhere though, yeah.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 13, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I remember that BF had a few suits come out at the very end with very little announcement. Like we knew about the star strike early but nothing about the crossbone maoh, fenice renascita and gouf r35 till the very end of the show right?

vvvv
Still holding out hope that Build Burning gets a more arms backpack like the powereders, but for punching.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 13, 2014

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

KoB posted:

Hopefully its just an even more ridiculous Red Frame.

Like 6 arms and the 150m Sword.

That happens and the episode becomes one giant Asura's Wrath reference, with oversized Mocks and other giant enemies. I guarantee it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Someone did a painted R-Gyagya and it looks amazing

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Someone did a painted R-Gyagya and it looks amazing

Easily my favourite design of the Build Fighters franchise, and I say that as someone who doesn't give two shits about the Gyan. I will be completely satisfied if Gyanko's new Gunpla is an updated Gyagya using the gimmicks not yet seen on the show. Possibly a recolour or an update with a booster pack.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I dont think she's getting a new suit but the chakram shields and double gatlings upgrades will probably give her better range options in combination with her rockets. The biggest problem she's had is that she pops the rockets and she really cant follow it up after that because the rest of her suit is melee, but with the gatlings she can mow people down as they dodge the volley. Hopefully she'll have a chance to show them off.

vvvv
She did? I didnt even notice it since in the previous fights she didnt have them equip.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Dec 13, 2014

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I dont think she's getting a new suit but the chakram shields and double gatlings upgrades will probably give her better range options in combination with her rockets. The biggest problem she's had is that she pops the rockets and she really cant follow it up after that because the rest of her suit is melee, but with the gatlings she can mow people down as they dodge the volley. Hopefully she'll have a chance to show them off.

Actually she used the gatling guns in her last fight against the Mega-Shiki.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

vvvv
Still holding out hope that Build Burning gets a more arms backpack like the powereders, but for punching.

Nils gives him the Sengoku Astray arms next episode.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

A backpack that attaches springs to the elbows of the Build Burning, so after he punches something the spring fires off and then it becomes a DOUBLE PUNCH

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's very possible the suit will have gimmicks that we never seen. A few BF suits had that. (Miss Sazabi being the biggest example here, but there were others.)

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I thought Miss Sazabi showed off everything it had except the double-sided beam saber (which would be silly since it was already dual-wielding the Sweet Sword, its regular beam saber, and using all of its feet sabers), but then I checked the manual.

Turns out Miss Sazabi had funnels too!

Crossbone Maoh got screwed over the most though. Didn't even get to use half the crap the Crossbone is known for, and it never saw its option pack either.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

BlitzBlast posted:

Crossbone Maoh got screwed over the most though. Didn't even get to use half the crap the Crossbone is known for, and it never saw its option pack either.

It probably did have the best awesome:screentime ratio in the show though.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Turns out Miss Sazabi had funnels too!

It does?! Are the pods recessed or something? I didn't see anything that looked like it could store funnels when I was giving the promo shots of the model a look.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Warmachine posted:

It does?! Are the pods recessed or something? I didn't see anything that looked like it could store funnels when I was giving the promo shots of the model a look.

They're beneath the rear skirt armor. They're only listed in the tech specs though.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

BlitzBlast posted:

To be fair, attempting to do so would take like half the episode, and the Maoh actually left off a good deal of OG Crossbone tricks (Scissor Anchors, Screw Whip, Beam Brander [or I-Field in the case of the X-3], F-91 Mouth Vent, etc.).

Those things were like the Swiss Army Knives of Gundams.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

StrifeHira posted:

To be fair, attempting to do so would take like half the episode, and the Maoh actually left off a good deal of OG Crossbone tricks (Scissor Anchors, Screw Whip, Beam Brander [or I-Field in the case of the X-3], F-91 Mouth Vent, etc.).

He left those off in favor of adding a loving Skull Mouth Satellite Cannon to it, so it's an overall victory.

Giant Enemy Cliche
Oct 10, 2012

"It was then that an ominous man stood beside me with a face of ill portent."
Little late watching this weeks, but It's nice to finally see a Turn A!
A surfing turn A no less.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Kanos posted:

He left those off in favor of adding a loving Skull Mouth Satellite Cannon to it, so it's an overall victory.

A Skull Mouth Satellite Cannon that had the single most satisfying noise when it opened/closed.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

It also had a single glowing eye.

Mao is the biggest goon and the best.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

StrifeHira posted:

We did get to see the F-91 Mouth Vent in action in during the fight between the F-91 Imagine and the Amazing Exia.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So, this is a thing that happened.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

TARDISman posted:

A Skull Mouth Satellite Cannon that had the single most satisfying noise when it opened/closed.
Oh yes, that was downright amazing.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

AradoBalanga posted:

Jeeg gee-on!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

AradoBalanga posted:

Beargghiren looking good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

This begs the question of how you can crowbar a Garma's Funeral reference into Build Fighters.

• Locked thread