Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Green Intern posted:

Never seen a Red Box rental machine?

Clearly not. I thought movie vending machines were just some insane fever dream that Boyce had but apparently they're a real thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Classic Prince Valiant

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

VoidBurger posted:

I feel like the only person who doesn't like Nemi. Half of it is smug "You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're all the same" poo poo and the other half is "Nemi is wacky and likes chocolate or something." It's like a milder Hot Topic, but in a comicstrip. I don't get it. :confused:

The same reason other people like Retail. They lived it.

I'm... not proud of the person I used to be. Reigning Comix.

Pooch Café

Looks like we'll be in for some good action poses tomorrow.

Ballard Street

Lorraine invented Rodeo Tuesday about 45 seconds ago.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

Tom Servo looks like he has legs here and I can't unsee it. I know it's just the bit with the hoverskirt, but it looks like white leisure suit bell-bottoms and red shoes.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Deep Dark Fears

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That is absolutely not how a cane is used. You use it on the opposite side of the weak leg, to spread the pressure out.

Once again Inspector Danger puts away an innocent man.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The fact that no one beat me to this shows how accurate it really is.
Edit: you skipped over this one too didn't you? Bastards.

Duke Igthorn fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Dec 17, 2014

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

VoidBurger posted:

I feel like the only person who doesn't like Nemi. Half of it is smug "You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're all the same" poo poo and the other half is "Nemi is wacky and likes chocolate or something." It's like a milder Hot Topic, but in a comicstrip. I don't get it. :confused:

No, it's poo poo. But I just scroll past most of the time.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

You're like 112 and lucky to still be in print you creepy ageless succubus.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

RandomFerret posted:

That is absolutely not how a cane is used. You use it on the opposite side of the weak leg, to spread the pressure out.

Once again Inspector Danger puts away an innocent man.

also, like, his shoes are clean. the tennis playing nephew might've changed out of his shoes because they had cement on them (and been using a cane incorrectly in a failed attempt to frame his brother).

the lack of 1 - 1 mapping between the information in the information and solutions is what's so drat dumb about Inspector Danger. At least when Slylock racially profiles someone, you understand why the solution is what it is.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

That's what I keep saying. I wonder if one of the predator kids will give the dismembered and partially eaten corpse of a loved one to one of the herbivore kids.

"Merry Christmas. Here's what's left of your sister.

XOXOXOX

The predator school."

Huh, what's weird is I remember On the Fastrack from the 90s or whatever so my eyes just slide over everything Holbrook and yet I have known for just as long that Batiuk writes boring crap and I read every strip. What's wrong with me?

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Fingerpori

Edit: Fixed the translation, thanks Stultus Maximus.

Darkest Auer fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Dec 17, 2014

Hellbunny
Dec 24, 2008

I'm not bad, I'm just misunderstood.

VoidBurger posted:

No, Nemi is the worst. I have no idea why goons like her.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Arelon posted:

Fingerpori

The red varieties of grapefruit are called "verigreippi" in Finnish, which literally means "blood grapefruit".

If I were translating for an English-speaking audience, I'd go with blood orange.

Stultus Maximus fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Dec 17, 2014

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hellbunny posted:

She's a cute goth girl with a bad attitude and a heart of gold. It's not my cup of tea, but we all have our favorites.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo presents Convenient Coincidence Theater! (December 15, 17-18, 1956)

You get the feeling that punchline was as double-edged then as it is now?

Peanuts: Year Two (December 20-22, 1951)

Super-Fun-Pak Comix

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Stultus Maximus posted:

If I were translating for an English-speaking audience, I'd go with Blood_orangeblood orange.

Dammit, I knew there was a blood something fruit in English, I just couldn't remember what it was.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hellbunny posted:

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

The Sphinxster posted:

She's a cute goth girl with a bad attitude and a heart of gold. It's not my cup of tea, but we all have our favorites.

This. For some reason, I find the strip really endearing even if it's mundane lots of times. Also, I think there might be a bit lost in Metro's translation that may make it a little more rote than it was originally intended to be.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Duke Igthorn posted:

The fact that no one beat me to this shows how accurate it really is.
Edit: you skipped over this one too didn't you? Bastards.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

This. Nemi comics have really fun expressions a lot of the time so I think that earns it a lot of points. A lot of goofy rear end expressions are a positive in my book anyway.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Good Listener posted:

This. Nemi comics have really fun expressions a lot of the time so I think that earns it a lot of points. A lot of goofy rear end expressions are a positive in my book anyway.

Yeah, really I'd just read Nemi for her adorable facial expressions.

It's a breath of fresh air from Brooke's hellmaws that are supposed to be goofy, but you know he's sitting at his drawing table sniffing his own fart from a champagne glass and commending himself for being so classy and sophisticated that he could draw such a silly face without it being a black mark on his career as an artiste.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Ifn' you don't like it, make an edit! It leads to classics like this:

and this:

and this, from Borden:

and this one from Jack McAskill:

Edit: I found the one that I liked the best:

(was WuMo.)

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Classic Prince Valiant

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Good Listener posted:

Yeah, Nemi's silliness is fun to look at, and I like the strips with her boyfriend, who appears to be like the lead singer from dethklok's twin brother or something.

The strips with quotes are awful and lazy though, but never as bad as the bottom half of this thread.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I think Nemi is bad but I always read it anyway and never really had any reason or desire to state that I think it's bad, so that's why I never said anything about it.

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

What, no TOMORROW: WHAT for this one?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
So the Jungle Patrol operates outside of the laws of the country they're located in and works for an unknown man who lives in a skull fortress. The Jungle Patrol and their master thinks beating confessions out of people and planting evidence is just dandy. Who the gently caress are the good guys in The Phantom?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

Wanamingo posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

Quoting this so that it won't go unnoticed for anyone interested. We're in for a long ride which is going to take something like a year. You wouldn't want to miss the beginning.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah, Nemi's silliness is fun to look at, and I like the strips with her boyfriend, who appears to be like the lead singer from dethklok's twin brother or something.

The strips with quotes are awful and lazy though, but never as bad as the bottom half of this thread.

I agree with you on both counts.

The strips about Nemi and Grimm are usually pretty funny to me and my wife because they might as well be strips about me and her.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

She just wants a quickie before you go, Chelle.

Non Sequitur

:v:

Heavenly Nostrils finally caught up -- which I guess is a good thing.

Kliban's Cats still hasn't updated, so maybe tomorrow will yield a new one. Here's today's regular old Kliban, though.

I would love to have a lettuce carving of a halfwit. If I could figure out how to preserve it.

9 Chickweed Lane 12/17/2003

Christ, Brooke... loving ew.

Zits

Kevin & Kell

Right. Gonna loving do it...

I dunno.. I really like these. That's a drat fine Falkor too.

BlankIsBeautiful fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Dec 17, 2014

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Pvt.Scott posted:

So the Jungle Patrol operates outside of the laws of the country they're located in and works for an unknown man who lives in a skull fortress. The Jungle Patrol and their master thinks beating confessions out of people and planting evidence is just dandy. Who the gently caress are the good guys in The Phantom?

Turns out vigilante power fantasies are fairly fascistic and Machiavellian. Who knew? :v:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Besides, you'd just cook down to a gob of grease. Not even Paula Deen could get on board with that.

Skippy (October 12, 1927)

Peanuts (December 18, 1967)

The past few days were kind of scrambled because BEETHOVEN :argh:

Funky Winkerbean gives us more heart-stopping standing in line action!

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (April 7-8, 1926)

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean gives us more heart-stopping standing in line action!

Tom, the Samaritans are really nice people and they'll listen to you, honest.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac When was the last time you went to Ur-Burger? It's been a while for me, I know.

The Creeps

Poptropica At least they're not in the chocolate sewers, I really do not want to watch Jorge scarfing down chocolate doody.

Heathcliff

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County takes it off.

Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

http://youtu.be/8exiVhIWqu0

Classic Funky

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Whichever goon is still running the Mayor Dalton's Prostate Facebook Pacebook page:

Never stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Darthemed posted:

Calvin And Hobbes
[timg]http://i.imgur.com/xPYbqc7.gif[[/timg]

I always liked this one as a little kid because the sledding hill near where I grew up was called Suicide Hill. Okay that's my story good job posting everyone

• Locked thread