Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Hezzy posted:

Joy! Practically gushing. We took the job on!

I'd have collapsed with surprise then when waking up I'd have soiled myself with further surprise.

Our btp are pants mind you. You should move here and revolutionise them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

We had a weapons complaint/fight call for people fighting with sticks and trash can lids in a parking lot. They were also being filmed.

I'm pretty sure they were LARPing and I really wanted to show up and start yelling "Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt !"

Alas, they were gone before my arrival.

Edit: Taser/Magic Missile - +20 Ranged, can also be used as mele weapon. Incapacitates player for 1 turn.

JayKay fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Dec 14, 2014

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/13/nyc-police-union-mayor-funerals_n_6319604.html.

NYPD union seems like it does its best to piss off everybody. Kind of like when they blamed garners death on the citizenrys lack of respect for the police.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Yeah they've been on a real roll of fuckups lately, probably to distract from their absolute ineffectiveness in holding on to our benefits.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Smiling Jack posted:

Yeah they've been on a real roll of fuckups lately, probably to distract from their absolute ineffectiveness in holding on to our benefits.

I signed the petition on your behalf, SJ.

You're welcome.

(gently caress your mayor)

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

I signed the petition on your behalf, SJ.

You're welcome.

(gently caress your mayor)

I was hoping for a real progressive pro-working class guy and I got this charlatan :sigh:

edit: hail satan

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Branis posted:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/13/nyc-police-union-mayor-funerals_n_6319604.html.

NYPD union seems like it does its best to piss off everybody. Kind of like when they blamed garners death on the citizenrys lack of respect for the police.

It's OK, they're doing a community outreach event at the end of the week:

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2014/12/pro_nypd_rally_planned_for_dec.html

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Shooting Blanks posted:

It's OK, they're doing a community outreach event at the end of the week:

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2014/12/pro_nypd_rally_planned_for_dec.html

Well, at least I know where the white people will be on Friday evening.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
A seven hour rally that no one will turn up to? Sounds like a blast.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
given that it is NYC, and there have been massive protests against the NYPD in recent days, i'm sure plenty of people will show up, it just won't be the crowd they want to show up

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/dec/12/police-unions-alleged-intimidation-arrest-reformer/

Cop unions are really stepping on their dicks left and right. Cops need to see who their real masters are and be an ally to the people and not our corporate overlords. Full Communism 2015.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Over here in blighty we've got full communism and cops without unions and we are still loving it up.

I say full anarchy and no cops, it's working for Somalia, right?

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Totally privatize and police for profit. Random checkpoints with on-site fine payment in cash or immediate vehicle seizure. Complaints are handled by administrative hearing offices after the payment of a $10,000 complaint fee which is only returned if the complaint is validated. All unions are banned, and officers are paid on commission - a percentage of the ticket revenue and seized property auction proceeds. All police vehicles are rebadged seizures, and each officer provides their own guns. Managers salaries are 100% derived from crime rates from the UCR.

Oh, and it's coolmax polos, ballcaps and external vests all the time.

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

DrakeriderCa posted:

Totally privatize and police for profit. Random checkpoints with on-site fine payment in cash or immediate vehicle seizure. Complaints are handled by administrative hearing offices after the payment of a $10,000 complaint fee which is only returned if the complaint is validated. All unions are banned, and officers are paid on commission - a percentage of the ticket revenue and seized property auction proceeds. All police vehicles are rebadged seizures, and each officer provides their own guns. Managers salaries are 100% derived from crime rates from the UCR.

Oh, and it's coolmax polos, ballcaps and external vests all the time.

You had me at coolmax polos.

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Fight to Fly. Fly to Fight. Fight to Win.
I would love if I could buy my own gun

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
gold plated deagles in .50AE for all officers.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

And beards.

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Fight to Fly. Fly to Fight. Fight to Win.

now this is just getting ridiculous

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
gently caress you dad I don't wanna shave

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
You can keep your guns, we will keep our beards.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
^ Fine example of a poo poo beard. Fuckin thing's not even.

Branis posted:

gently caress you dad I don't wanna shave

This.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

All facial hair is encouraged. British weirdos can come too and can carry a sword instead of a gun if they're scared of it.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

I am the walrus

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

I AM THE SHEEPDOG

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

STAY SAFE BROTHERS 1* THIN BLUE LINE FOREVER

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
have you seen the 2* logo for k9 dudes? lmao

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

beanieson posted:

TWO ASSES TO RISK

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
Beards forever.

Seriously.

That's the one truth.

My eyes have been opened.

Beards and lumberjack shirts.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

beanieson posted:

K9 dude I know who works for an alphabet soup agency has one in his truck. It's ok because his dog is super cool.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I have never actually seen a 1* patch but isn't it basically saying "I AM A HUGE COWARD"

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

I have never actually seen a 1* patch but isn't it basically saying "I AM A HUGE COWARD"

It's another way of saying stay safe basically, the whole "I'm going home at the end of this shift"

You've only got one rear end to risk so shoot blacks on sight and be judged by 12 not carried by 6 etc, etc

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

1* is probably the only one I accept because it's a mentality thing more than anything else.

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

Tyro posted:

Beards forever.

Seriously.

That's the one truth.

My eyes have been opened.

Beards and lumberjack shirts.

If only out of pure laziness.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
'Nother EMS observation: it sincerely warms my heart when I'm on a call where a child is legitimately in danger, and every single cop on scene is like "GIVE ME A JOB TO DO!" I loving love the working relationship I have with the deputies out here.

13 month old little girl was seizing and barely breathing last night, and I needed a free hand to grab something. I had the deputy next to me hold the nonrebreather mask up to her face (my dumb rear end pulled out the elastic cord) while I went to work. A few seconds later, he goes "Am I doing this right?" Is the mask on her face? Then you're doing it right.

It's just kinda fun when I get to coach dudes who could beat the everloving mess out of me.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Branis posted:

STAY SAFE BROTHERS 1* THIN BLUE LINE FOREVER

"Hi, I'm Officer Tarantula-Arms." He's already mutating from the nuke going off at the top of the WTC back there.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Got my Secret Santa gift today, link for anyone not following that thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3682064&pagenumber=8#post439114664

it's a dildo :getin:

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

beanieson posted:

Got my Secret Santa gift today, link for anyone not following that thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3682064&pagenumber=8#post439114664

it's a dildo :getin:

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
please tell me you are naked under that vest

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

no way, gotta wear my childs medium under armour tee :jihad:

Totally bottomless though if that helps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Another caper solved. Found the owner of a lost briefcase left at the metro and returned it to him. Got some fresh baked Christmas cookies in return.

It's my (and my dept's) policy to not accept gifts on duty but drat are these some tasty cookies.

He's lucky that Metro PD didn't blow it up as a suspicious device. :v:

• Locked thread