Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
So now we know that dummies will still call without a radio broadcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
WE'RE BACK IN NEWBRIDGE GUYS.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

CaptainPsyko posted:

According to Livestream, only ~4000 people are listening?

After a year hiatus and keeping in mind most people do not listen live (I almost always had work tuesday nights previously), that sounds reasonable.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
Hahaha, now that Wurster is slandering John Wesley Shipp, maybe Spike will call in

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
I hope that they just engage in aggressive spike-baiting until he calls.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
Man, the livestream has dropped out on me half a dozen times now, and this time a refresh isn't loading it again. Might have to go the podcast route again.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Ah, the gang's all here now.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
i bought a book from tom off twitter to support the best show. it came with a bumper sticker which is now proudly displayed on my car. this show is like a warm blanket on tuesday nights.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I missed this... Is there any chance it's up already? I know the show has only been finished an hour, but I really want to hear it. Usually it would take 2-3 hrs to upload at WFMU if I remember correctly.

Roger Troutman
Jan 11, 2007

What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.
It's archived here.

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/11222128/events/3662161

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Thanks

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Oh sweet, I just woke up, popped in the podcast and was feeling bummed about never hearing Tom's music sets again.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
201-DEADHUG is loving hilarious. Hope it sticks.

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008
It's like it never left. I'm so happy.

Juttman
Apr 7, 2008

Saturated Fats
Him saying he'd rather hear his car not starting than pauly shore's podcast made me laugh like only The Best Show can. I'm so glad its back.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Yea I'm really happy with how this is going, hopefully he keeps on getting a relatively diverse group of callers and doesn't have to go back to the same people over and over (however, Spike and Wurster should get a mandatory call an episode obviously). My two nitpicks are that I miss the clicking noise it would make when Tom would hangup/pickup a new call and there's no background music yet. Tom is the king of dead air (I mean this in a good way) but without background music I thought the player messed up more than once. I think the human cigarette bit from the test show was my favorite yet.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
I was really close to calling when the initial callers at the start of the show were all awful, but I had nothing to talk about and above all else that is the mark of a bad caller and that's not a thing I'm willing to be.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I tried calling once when Tom was taking rapid fire calls to do 100 impressions at the end of one episode, but I didn't even get to Mike.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
The podcast is number two on itunes behind the haunted house show

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

SansWetware posted:

It's like it never left. I'm so happy.
"yeah I called about this before but you hung up on me then becau-"

"Back in business!"

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem
I really can't imagine Spike calling in without it being on a real radio station.

Roger Troutman
Jan 11, 2007

What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.
People should tweet @JohnWesleyShipp that we're concerned about a fan of his and the only way to reach out is to call into the show.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Seltzer posted:

Yea I'm really happy with how this is going, hopefully he keeps on getting a relatively diverse group of callers and doesn't have to go back to the same people over and over (however, Spike and Wurster should get a mandatory call an episode obviously). My two nitpicks are that I miss the clicking noise it would make when Tom would hangup/pickup a new call and there's no background music yet. Tom is the king of dead air (I mean this in a good way) but without background music I thought the player messed up more than once. I think the human cigarette bit from the test show was my favorite yet.

I haven't listened to the podcast recording yet, but I assume you were? He had background music the whole time, but it wasn't his old bedding music; it was copyrighted rock, so I guess he just removed that track for the podcast. I wonder if he doesn't have the rights to his old bedding, which would be kinda sad.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I haven't listened to the podcast recording yet, but I assume you were? He had background music the whole time, but it wasn't his old bedding music; it was copyrighted rock, so I guess he just removed that track for the podcast. I wonder if he doesn't have the rights to his old bedding, which would be kinda sad.

There were definitely long stretches - including several long dead air pauses of the sort that Tom owns - without bed music and I would freak out at every gap to make sure I still had the stream.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

CaptainPsyko posted:

There were definitely long stretches - including several long dead air pauses of the sort that Tom owns - without bed music and I would freak out at every gap to make sure I still had the stream.

Yea I listened to the livestream link that still had the music in, there were definitely a lot of long silent pauses that I wasn't imagining.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Never mind, then. I just did not notice.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's back tonight!!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

The Devil Tesla posted:

It's back tonight!!

Oh god oh god I totally forgot.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's really weird that they're gonna do an episode so close to xmas but also cool, I'm down with it.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

The Devil Tesla posted:

It's really weird that they're gonna do an episode so close to xmas but also cool, I'm down with it.

I haven't gone back to count, but I'd bet that Tom has done a lot more of his Christmas-proximate shows than he's skipped.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Oh hey, a revised version of the first theme :allears:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
"If only there were weirdos on the internet" - Tom Sharpling

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
I called and it felt like it went badly, but Tom got some mileage out of it, so I'll call it good for a first time.

Edit: ROY!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Christmas music girl is so cute.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Aw, looks like they remembered to cut the music from the livestream archive this time. :(

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

It's the year 8255 and the future is rough
Life in future Philly is certainly tough

e: that second Bad Company destroyed me, I'm dead

The Berzerker fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 24, 2014

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I've missed you so, so much Roy.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
TUESDAY AGAIN? NO PROBLEM!

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/11222128/events/3693164

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Actually many problems the stream isn't working.

Edit: Oh my god this is loving hilarious. It works on http://thebestshow.net/ when you resize your browser window wide enough to bring the player up. Good job people.

devtesla fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Dec 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008
"Billy Joel Sucks Productions" is maybe some of my favorite "theater of the mind" bits from Tom in a while. amazing.