Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

He's just an old man with a skooma problem :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Poor Caius, you deserved the ruined world you've wrought.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

sinking belle posted:

He's just an old man with a skooma problem :(

and abs you could bend girders on

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
One should install Sotha Sil Expanded purely because vanilla clockwork city is the biggest drat joke ever. Also what the gently caress is up with modders doing their own self insert voice acting. No Trainwiz, your nerdy rear end voice doesn't sound like Sotha Sil should thanks for trying stick to writing dialogue instead. Darknut baked a horrible Dagoth Ur re-voice into GDR as well. I know there's no QA because it's just an individual modder but jesus christ these guys must be near deaf to thank it's a good idea to put really bad voice acting into their mods.

Shame too because the environment design in SSE is loving amazing and he did a really good job but the self voice insert is the most cringey thing.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Dec 16, 2014

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

no im not going to install bad mods thanks for this great post

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Where are the vampires concentrated at? I've been running around to the east side of the island just exploring random poo poo but none of the NPC's know anything about vampires.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Pookum posted:

Where are the vampires concentrated at? I've been running around to the east side of the island just exploring random poo poo but none of the NPC's know anything about vampires.

there isn't really much of a concentration of vampires. you'll have to just do some spelunking and you'll occasionally find vampire lairs.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Pookum posted:

Check out ancestral tombs. Of the two I've found just loving about they've both been in a tomb

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

IIRC there's a coven of vampires living in a cave on the shore just to the west of Vivec city.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe
There's a clan in a Dwemer ruin somewhere too, one of the Temple quests in uhhh ald'ruhn i think? Sends you there to exterminate them. Or you can get bit and become them, your choice

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Will I know when they infect me? will it be on the first attack or will I have to let them wail on me a bit.

edit: This game loving owns. I just set my speed up way high and it has made it a lot of fun. I think everytime I tried before I started as some big slow warrior and just stopped because of how long it took to walk anywhere

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
You'll get a little message saying you've contacted prophasdflkjasldfkj hemophilia.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Pookum posted:

Will I know when they infect me? will it be on the first attack or will I have to let them wail on me a bit.

edit: This game loving owns. I just set my speed up way high and it has made it a lot of fun. I think everytime I tried before I started as some big slow warrior and just stopped because of how long it took to walk anywhere

The best way to do it is to kill one, then repeatedly open and close the body. You can pick up diseases that way. And you should get a message saying you've contracted Porphyric Hemophilia.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Extra posted:

One should install Sotha Sil Expanded purely because vanilla clockwork city is the biggest drat joke ever. Also what the gently caress is up with modders doing their own self insert voice acting. No Trainwiz, your nerdy rear end voice doesn't sound like Sotha Sil should thanks for trying stick to writing dialogue instead. Darknut baked a horrible Dagoth Ur re-voice into GDR as well. I know there's no QA because it's just an individual modder but jesus christ these guys must be near deaf to thank it's a good idea to put really bad voice acting into their mods.

Shame too because the environment design in SSE is loving amazing and he did a really good job but the self voice insert is the most cringey thing.

Most of the puzzles in Sotha Sil expanded either involve walking around for a long time in obnoxiously laid out mazes looking for switches or solving very obtuse logic puzzles that are often bugged. I gave up on it after about 3 hours because I could tell it would take forever even with the bugs sorted out. It's neat if you consider how much effort went into it and how expansive it is, but it's just not fun so it kinda misses the point.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Most of the puzzles in Sotha Sil expanded either involve walking around for a long time in obnoxiously laid out mazes looking for switches or solving very obtuse logic puzzles that are often bugged. I gave up on it after about 3 hours because I could tell it would take forever even with the bugs sorted out. It's neat if you consider how much effort went into it and how expansive it is, but it's just not fun so it kinda misses the point.

b-but... they made it really big and epic, the way it was meant to be :qq:

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Bolverkur posted:

b-but... they made it really big and epic, the way it was meant to be :qq:

This but unironically.

Also much like DGDR the puzzles are nothing compared to late 80s early 90s adventure games gamers these days just don't have the patience to go exploring or backtracking.

If anything was "bugged" in SSE or DGDR I'm guessing the scripting broke because you TCL'd past a puzzle or otherwise used console commands. You can also bug out many quests in Morrowind by using console commands so their mods aren't any worse.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Dec 16, 2014

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Odd posted:

There's a clan in a Dwemer ruin somewhere too, one of the Temple quests in uhhh ald'ruhn i think? Sends you there to exterminate them. Or you can get bit and become them, your choice

i think there's a couple. it's been a while but i'm sure i found some vampires in a dwemer ruin the swamps of the west gash, although there's also a bunch in the ashlands as well.

idk, but i like that i can remember geographical areas of morrowind. skyrim i have no clue about.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Extra posted:

This but unironically.

Also much like DGDR the puzzles are nothing compared to late 80s early 90s adventure games gamers these days just don't have the patience to go exploring or backtracking.

If anything was "bugged" in SSE or DGDR I'm guessing the scripting broke because you TCL'd past a puzzle or otherwise used console commands. You can also bug out many quests in Morrowind by using console commands so their mods aren't any worse.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Hey all, I need a Mod to play morrowind, im too loving Simple to understand basic stats in an RPG game, like "Put Axe points if your goign to use an Axe". So I need a mod that puts every hit to be a 100% chance, puts lush jungle plant life in the volcanic wastes, and adds some ones own voice they recorded for the new NPC they added that flies the player via blimp from Hla Oad to Tel Fyr.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I also wouldn't mind a mod that rebalanced combat to max your to-hit chance at the cost of more stamina used per hit to balance it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

*bosmer swings wooden staff, immediately falls unconscious*

actually though if stamina use was tied to weapon max damage that would be pretty good. you'd have to be really good to use the sixth house hammer without collapsing after like two swings, which actually makes a lot of sense. it would be an interesting variation.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/23746/

I need a mod that makes the Morrowind spell casting or ranged using AI not dumb as a brick. Morrowind's biggest weakness is its poo poo combat as I'm sure this thread knows.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
You're hosed in the head!

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

bonzibuddy64 posted:

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
:justpost:

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

bonzibuddy64 posted:

You're fuckin right my friend!

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I just found out today that there's no way to brew Skooma in Morrowind... my hopes of making drugs for the Cammona Tong have been crushed.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Extra posted:

This but unironically.

There's at least one puzzle involving lights where he gave the light textures the same name as a resource in the vanilla install and as a result the lights don't change colors when you pull switches, making it literally unsolvable. You have to rename the stock texture file to proceed, but this breaks lights in the rest of the game.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Buck Turgidson posted:

I just found out today that there's no way to brew Skooma in Morrowind... my hopes of making drugs for the Cammona Tong have been crushed.

There is no way there's not some lovingly crafted mod that allows you to do exactly that out there.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

There's at least one puzzle involving lights where he gave the light textures the same name as a resource in the vanilla install and as a result the lights don't change colors when you pull switches, making it literally unsolvable. You have to rename the stock texture file to proceed, but this breaks lights in the rest of the game.

sounds like you're just yet another patienceless gamer to me

the night dad
Oct 23, 2006

by XyloJW
n'wah

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Buck Turgidson posted:

There's at least a dozen mods that let you do exactly that, I'm sure.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I only found one, Vvardenfell Druglord.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Can you actually smoke skooma? I think I tried eating some and it said it had no effect, I think it could have been moon sugar though.

Do weapons have a chance to make NPC fall down on attack? I was wailing on this dude and he fell down and got right back up. I dont believe i had any spells or enchantments that drained stamina.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Pookum posted:

Can you actually smoke skooma? I think I tried eating some and it said it had no effect, I think it could have been moon sugar though.

Do weapons have a chance to make NPC fall down on attack? I was wailing on this dude and he fell down and got right back up. I dont believe i had any spells or enchantments that drained stamina.

skooma is just a potion so yeah it must have been moon sugar since ingredients don't always trigger their effect

strong two-handers have knock down yeah, the same applies to you if you get hit by like a hammer and aren't wearing very good armor or something, it's a low chance but just enough to make two-handers worth taking the time to do full attacks with

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
If you do or take enough damage to take away a certain amount of health in one swing you or the bad dude will be staggered and drop to your knees. Fuckin warhammer skellingtons will gently caress you up if they get a hit in

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

Heavy Lobster posted:

skooma is just a potion so yeah it must have been moon sugar since ingredients don't always trigger their effect

strong two-handers have knock down yeah, the same applies to you if you get hit by like a hammer and aren't wearing very good armor or something, it's a low chance but just enough to make two-handers worth taking the time to do full attacks with

a full attack as in holding down the mouse button and like charging up the attack or wahtever?

also Do enemies or myself take more damage while on their knees or on the ground?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Pookum posted:

a full attack as in holding down the mouse button and like charging up the attack or wahtever?

yeah

some people don't get weapon damage ranges in morrowind or are just used to faster weapons and don't ever do that but it's worth it for big heavy weaps

• Locked thread