Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

Excels posted:

shut off the console and you can keep the cards, it only saves the last mission you completed.

You realize that needing to shut off the entire console to save a single card is stupid, right? If it just wouldn't be lost you have the same result without having to shut off the console. Just like people defending poor game design in PC games by saying poo poo can just be modded or exploited somehow. If people are willing to mod or exploit to get around a game design decision, it is a bad decision and should be changed. In the end it's not a big deal, I just use a guide, but your statement doesn't really change the fact that the way item cards work now are dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Excels posted:

shut off the console and you can keep the cards, it only saves the last mission you completed.

Or hit the home button on the controller and close the game, which takes way less time.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Aurora posted:

I can't read this :(

Just check out the locations in the pictures, it should be pretty obvious what item you need if you see that the red square is on a bush for example. The Master Quest map needs the recorder on some weird rear end locations though so watch out for that.

For the folks who've gotten 'Dorf's keyblades - what level did it take you to get that shitfest done in time? By the time I had completed the first objective and killed Zant with Twili Midna still breathing it was already way past 15 minutes on a 80 Ganondorf. I wish I could turn Ganondorf into a light element character for this map, those two assholes refuse to take any damage from darkness.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

My 'Dorf is only 107, I think. He still does dick-all as far as damage goes in that stage. Just make the buff items potion, and light arrow stunlock all the dangerous things. In a weird way, it works faster since you aren't waiting for openings and dealing with a turtley opponent. Just keep an eye on your KOs, because you don't get nearly the same amount of collateral damage as you would with your actual weapons.

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands
Twilight Map is still makin' me mad! MAD.

Its "rack up as many KOs as you can" map, which were the most fun maps in Master Quest, is ridiculous here. Surrounded by Moblins who all take off three hearts with each hit. Moblins are supposed to be easy, but not when you're fighting 8 of them at once, along with a god drat Manhandla!

I'm beginning to wonder if the trick to it is to just avoid Link altogether and wait as long as possible before spawning reinforcements... Either that, or leveling up Ghirahim to 150.

At least I'm almost done with Master Quest... only a few more squares left to A-rank, though one of them is a dreadful "Don't Get Hit!" map, with Lana. Hoping that Argoroth spamming will do the trick...

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
So is that one "Kill as many enemies as you can" MQ map in the bottom left still the best place to level? The TP stages are pretty rough and I'm thinking a lot of that is just due to not killing poo poo fast enough. Kinda wish they didn't bump the level cap at all, I A-ranked the MQ map with average levels around 50~80 and that feels woefully inadequate on the TP map. I haven't really felt like I needed to grind for anything up until now and with as many characters as this game has, it looks like it's going to be one hell of a slog. :(

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

SuperHappy posted:

Twilight Map is still makin' me mad! MAD.

Its "rack up as many KOs as you can" map, which were the most fun maps in Master Quest, is ridiculous here. Surrounded by Moblins who all take off three hearts with each hit. Moblins are supposed to be easy, but not when you're fighting 8 of them at once, along with a god drat Manhandla!

I'm beginning to wonder if the trick to it is to just avoid Link altogether and wait as long as possible before spawning reinforcements... Either that, or leveling up Ghirahim to 150.

At least I'm almost done with Master Quest... only a few more squares left to A-rank, though one of them is a dreadful "Don't Get Hit!" map, with Lana. Hoping that Argoroth spamming will do the trick...

I had trouble with that one myself until I changed my approach. Initially I tried to go crazy and fight everyone at once and kill the giant bosses and whatnot fun nonsense usually happens in those stages. No, there'll be no fun. Tethered C3 only and only from a safe distance, dodge canceling the red men summon. The two nearby Moblins die first, then Link, then the rally Moblin. Then more Moblins. When the giant bosses appeared I ran from them and continued to kill Moblins one by one. Ended up with ~1500 KOs and no damage taken, enough for the gold medal.

This was with a 70 Ghirahim.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

For the folks who've gotten 'Dorf's keyblades - what level did it take you to get that shitfest done in time? By the time I had completed the first objective and killed Zant with Twili Midna still breathing it was already way past 15 minutes on a 80 Ganondorf. I wish I could turn Ganondorf into a light element character for this map, those two assholes refuse to take any damage from darkness.

The absolute worst part of that too is that due to the way Zant plays, he never exposes his weak point unless he's filled up his bar too far and qualifies as a flub. Zant is by far the worst NPC to fight because of that.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Twelve by Pies posted:

The absolute worst part of that too is that due to the way Zant plays, he never exposes his weak point unless he's filled up his bar too far and qualifies as a flub. Zant is by far the worst NPC to fight because of that.

Yeah, you have to block and be hit by his attacks for a lengthy period of time just to see his weakpoint. You should definitely have and use Focus Spirit to beat on him as much as possible before using the Focus Spirit special attack to forcefully expose his weakpoint.

Anyway, for Ganondorf's 8-bit weapon map, I was level 105 and used the SP Restoring potion to pull it off. You might be better off following the previous advice and using the Item Powerup potion, though, or perhaps the Guard Crush potion and just wail on everything that way.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Made my way through Legend mode and completed the first Challenge Map. Time for Adventure mode! Add ElegantFugue so we can go on Network Link adventures together*.

Also, does anyone have links to the huge farming guide someone wrote up? It seems like the OP doesn't really post in here anymore, is there anyone else on the first page who could edit the link into one of their posts there so people could find it more consistently?

*Not actually together

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

All I have left on the Master Quest map are heart pieces/containers so time to head back to the Twilight map. That Twilight map sure does love Poes though, seems like every level has about a hundred Poes in them. Also gently caress that rewards map with three imprisoned. Even if it isn't really hard, it's just annoying. Can't complain too much, I did get my second Imprisoned's Pillar from it. I've played this game for almost 200 hours and only just now got a second pillar. I can't imagine the insanity it would have taken to get all the badges before the Twilight DLC came out. Even with enemies sometimes dropping two items it's still taking forever to get the badges, and I still don't have a single character with every badge.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Got the keyblade mission done in time with the item potion, the time was 14:59. Barely, but the items made all the difference.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Now go try 'em out in the lower left corner Master Quest rack up KOs mission to get a good version! Craft a slots potion for good measure.

VV they're the 8-bit magical key. Or maybe keys. Don't remember if it's plural.

liquidypoo fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Dec 17, 2014

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
What exactly is Ganon's keyblade called? Is it literally supposed to be keyblades?

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

larchesdanrew posted:

What exactly is Ganon's keyblade called? Is it literally supposed to be keyblades?

I'm gonna take a wild guess based on most of the odd 8-bit weapons and say "8-bit keys?"

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I'm gonna take a wild guess based on most of the odd 8-bit weapons and say "8-bit keys?"

Yeah, seeing as how the others are items, it makes sense.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So I learned something tonight; the game does not differentiate between two amiibo of the same character. My housemates each have their own amiibo, but I have a complete set of my own. Decided to do their Samus and Yoshi and then my Samus and Yoshi, but it read mine as already having been scanned. I has assumed there would have been like a unique identifier code on each chip or something, but I guess it literally just communicates "ISCHARACTER=SAMUS"

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

jivjov posted:

So I learned something tonight; the game does not differentiate between two amiibo of the same character. My housemates each have their own amiibo, but I have a complete set of my own. Decided to do their Samus and Yoshi and then my Samus and Yoshi, but it read mine as already having been scanned. I has assumed there would have been like a unique identifier code on each chip or something, but I guess it literally just communicates "ISCHARACTER=SAMUS"

That's good to know. Thanks.

I've heard that if you went to another Wii U, the same Amiibo can be scanned all day long, just once per Wii U System.

I also think I heard you can only scan 5 Amiibos per day no matter what in Hyrule Warriors. I haven't been able to test this because I don't have 6 Amiibos.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Spectacle Rock posted:

That's good to know. Thanks.

I've heard that if you went to another Wii U, the same Amiibo can be scanned all day long, just once per Wii U System.

I also think I heard you can only scan 5 Amiibos per day no matter what in Hyrule Warriors. I haven't been able to test this because I don't have 6 Amiibos.

It says that in the info for the update enabling amiibo functionality, so it is probably true.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

God, the Twilight map really is just a bunch of unfun bullshit, isn't it? I can't get to the cool new costumes and weapons because it seems like every path to get there requires A ranks and those are almost impossible to get when a single hit from an enemy takes ten hearts or more and my hits do barely any damage at all.

I also seemed to have accidentally thrown away my five star rank 3 weapon for Midna which is super annoying too, I must have not been paying enough attention during the weapon selling screen.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, there's a 5-a-day limit, but I believe that can be spoofed by changing the date on your console if you're really that desperate for drops.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Twelve by Pies posted:

God, the Twilight map really is just a bunch of unfun bullshit, isn't it? I can't get to the cool new costumes and weapons because it seems like every path to get there requires A ranks and those are almost impossible to get when a single hit from an enemy takes ten hearts or more and my hits do barely any damage at all.

I also seemed to have accidentally thrown away my five star rank 3 weapon for Midna which is super annoying too, I must have not been paying enough attention during the weapon selling screen.

Don't forget that you can use the portals to reach different parts of the map, I find that the rank requirements are more lenient coming the other way.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I have finally unlocked all the weapons! :woop: Now I can start unlocking the Master Sword, yay!

And start on the Master Quest map. I got Volga's level 3 spear last night. I haven't gotten his level 2. Or any of Cia's or Wizzro's weapons. Priorities!

I think it should be easier to get item cards now that I've unlocked a decent portion of the map. No idea what I'll be aiming for next, though.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

I love that Wizzro's level 3 is just a Rack Up KOs mission. Combo IV to victory!

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I know everyone's moved on to Master Quest and Twilight Maps, but some guy on reddit made a pretty rad interactive Adventure Mode map.

Here's the reddit post.

Here's a link to the dropbox.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
Apparently the preorder costumes are up on the EU eshop

I guess they'll be up in NA today too, according to this post

Reoxygenation fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Dec 19, 2014

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

^^^^ This is excellent news.

So 134 hours played and I just got my first Manhandla Sapling. :negative:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Aperture Priority posted:

I'd played about 150 hours before I got my first Imprisoned's Pillar. :v: It was so long that I even thought that the Imprisoned didn't actually have a gold drop because I was like "Well if it did I would've seen it at least once all this time."

Alacron posted:

Don't forget that you can use the portals to reach different parts of the map, I find that the rank requirements are more lenient coming the other way.

Ah I did forget about that, I might have to do that. I only used the portals once, to try and reach the Digging Mitts on the other side of the map and well...that didn't work out at all.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'd played about 150 hours before I got my first Imprisoned's Pillar. :v: It was so long that I even thought that the Imprisoned didn't actually have a gold drop because I was like "Well if it did I would've seen it at least once all this time."

Ah I did forget about that, I might have to do that. I only used the portals once, to try and reach the Digging Mitts on the other side of the map and well...that didn't work out at all.

The destination portal grows a bit when you hover over a portal. I think. I haven't started that map but I poked around it for a few seconds and that seemed to be the case.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Locke Dunnegan posted:

The destination portal grows a bit when you hover over a portal. I think. I haven't started that map but I poked around it for a few seconds and that seemed to be the case.

Yeah, the destination portal will be slightly larger, which isn't the best way to highlight it imo but what are you gonna do? :shrug:

Also remember that you have to beat the stage the portal is on before you can use it, I've used a couple of Ooco cards making that mistake. :ughh:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Reoxygenation posted:

Apparently the preorder costumes are up on the EU eshop

I guess they'll be up in NA today too, according to this post

Doesn't look like they are in NA. I was going to be all over that, too. :(

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
Same, I just wanna play as SS Zelda so much

Might be up early next week then, I dunno, since there was kinda no announcement. I just want to buy the costumes. Please.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Son of a... There's at least one material that I have never picked up, because a few of the badge recipes just have ??????? on one of their components. I'm betting it's one of those. I hate fighting Imprisoneds and I avoid doing so like the plague.

I'm probably missing Ganon's gold drop too, if he has one, because I've only fought him twice.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

I'm barely halfway through Adventure Mode and already have one Imprisoned Pillar :smug:

... And I'm terrified to use it on anything because I know the only way I can ever get more is by fighting another Imprisoned :negative:

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012

larchesdanrew posted:

Well, I guess. At least in the sense that Shiek is literally playing a ladder like a harp.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Aperture Priority posted:

There's one fight in the Twilight Map where I've gotten one most of the time - the rack up KOs with Impa reward in the upper left corner. The Manhandla there seems to be a very high level one.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

Son of a... There's at least one material that I have never picked up, because a few of the badge recipes just have ??????? on one of their components. I'm betting it's one of those. I hate fighting Imprisoneds and I avoid doing so like the plague.

I'm probably missing Ganon's gold drop too, if he has one, because I've only fought him twice.

Ganon does have a gold drop, Ganon's Fang, which is used for a few of Link's badges. I think just the Hornet Larva, Nayru's Love, and Empty Bottle 3 badges, so you don't need a lot of them.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
At this point I've just stopped buying potion badges. If I'm going for an A-Rank, if I need to drink a potion I've already failed the ranking. I guess they're good for an insta-refill on Special meter, but I just don't see the need to burn a Gold drop on a third potion use.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
the defense badges are mostly useless, since almost every mission requires you to avoid taking damage anyway. you definitely want faster keeptaking and stronger bomb powerups`

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Excels posted:

the defense badges are mostly useless, since almost every mission requires you to avoid taking damage anyway. you definitely want faster keeptaking and stronger bomb powerups`

The badge doesn't make the bomb power up more powerful, it makes it last longer.

• Locked thread